• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
2:46 is the highlight of that match.

I don't start Vergil ever, but that sounds good. If they call a stupid assist such as Tatsu/Fake Tatsu, will chaining said H in S hit the assist out of startup and thus win the game? If so I would totally switch my team order for the matchup.

The only thing that scares me is that Wolverine's dive kick is 2 frames faster than Vergil's H (8 frame, lol capcom). I guess if you see him jump well before the match actually starts you could just press L instead and chain into H to hopefully hit the assist. I should test this whenever I wake up tomorrow.
Good question, I don't know. I only used it in a few matches, and the Wolverine I was facing was pretty conservative in his play. If it ends up not working out, I'll just do Helm Breaker followed by Dark Hole + Trick Down. I prefer not to simply because Wolverine could start the match with Berserker Slash if he knows what's up. Though there isn't much that trumps HS spam, so it probably catches the tatsu. If you end up testing it, let me know how it goes.

Grecco

You've never heard of that before expression? It's pretty common in the United States basically what it means is that even losing 10-6 Andre should consider that a win because he did better than he should have.

Usually used when underdogs perform better than they should have. I just hate stupid people... like Andre. It's not like everyone decided to hate him because he drop combos. A lot of people drop combos the difference is that he gives everyone a reason to hate him (his big mouth, and actions) and then is surprised people hate him.

F. Champ's new tier list.

A1M79tHCAAAGuVk.jpg

From the other thread.

Fchamp has Wolverine kinda high now? no?

Dahbomb

Solid tier list but the characters he has just below the horizontal line like Joe and Frank should be higher. Rest are fine, I, would rate Wesker one higher I think people underrate him now. Trish as well.

Thank god he finally removed Hulk from top 15.

Frantic

Great video.
Good shit! Your Dante videos are always excellent.
Damn, I love your stuff always impressive.
Haha, thanks. I might make an video of Dante's XF2/3 loops since he's got like ten of them. Some are better in certain situations, too.

Also might show off Dante's solo damage off random hits, since everyone seems to think he can't convert into decent damage off them(outside of Reverb Shock, or Jam Session, he can).

122 hits, 274k damage. That throw scaling.
Dante scaling, more like it. If this was vanilla Dante, that combo would do 471k before the super. And it'd have built like 3-4 bars instead of 2.

Although the combo wasn't really possible in vanilla, since going into Beehive on the fifth frame of Volcano was really, really hard to do due to the double motions(and the only one capable of doing it would probably have been RogueYoshi.). Then again, there were a ton of other potential combo extensions possible in vanilla that aren't in Ultimate, so it would have been about the same I guess.

Any advice for learning Nova? Some beginner to intermediate level stuff?
Airdash forward + H is your best friend. If you think you're close enough to grab someone, then you are. If you ever want to use POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE to try to level up Frank, then you have to do it in the air, since Frank will hit them with the THC if you do it on the ground.
glad to see beef is still free to the robot. and tacs. :v

He never won again after we played the second time. But I ain't even mad at that particular match. :lol

Tobe

really hate how RR has the crappiest normals in the fucking game. i remember when everyone thought hed be the new cable :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any advice for learning Nova? Some beginner to intermediate level stuff?
When OTGing, mid-screen forward H works and so does SRK forward L. In the corner, only forward H works and is comboable.

Nova with a beam or projectiles or drones is really good. Allows you to take to the air, airdash, potentially set up a cross-up. All ontop of getting a way in.

Mid-string, if your opponent is blocking too much, don't be afraid to throw out a forward H in there as it's an overhead you can combo out fo.

Your main moves: H in the air for highs and cr. M for lows, because it has really good range and is really easy to confirm out of.

His air flight combos are really easy to do. I suck at this game and can do them. After launch, MMH, qcb+S, LMHS is a good beginner combo. From there you can start adding in rocket punches into your air combos, learn the staircase loops, etc.

Airdash forward + H is your best friend. If you think you're close enough to grab someone, then you are. If you ever want to use POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE to try to level up Frank, then you have to do it in the air, since Frank will hit them with the THC if you do it on the ground.

When OTGing, mid-screen forward H works and so does SRK forward L. In the corner, only forward H works and is comboable.

Nova with a beam or projectiles or drones is really good. Allows you to take to the air, airdash, potentially set up a cross-up. All ontop of getting a way in.

Mid-string, if your opponent is blocking too much, don't be afraid to throw out a forward H in there as it's an overhead you can combo out fo.

Your main moves: H in the air for highs and cr. M for lows, because it has really good range and is really easy to confirm out of.

His air flight combos are really easy to do. I suck at this game and can do them. After launch, MMH, qcb+S, LMHS is a good beginner combo. From there you can start adding in rocket punches into your air combos, learn the staircase loops, etc.
Thank you both. How does a team of Cap/Nova/Hawkeye sound?

did about as well as i could at the uci tourney on saturday.

i need to figure out a better way to approach with spencer, other than task arrows aerial zip forward or diagonal forward...kept getting air thrown. most of my work came off wesker resets and task getting happy birthdays (lol i landed one on infrit, but also got blown up by a nova tac infinite), and/or legion arrow punishes.

i also realized, i need to figure out unblockables or tricky mixups/setups with my team. i have virtually none that i use frequently or consistently. and i need to get a better combo off of sting master with task.

SmokeMaxX

Thanks to everyone who supported ARK V. Shoutouts to sixfortyfive. Amazing player. I'll have some stuff for you next time! ...if I can every figure out how to fight Felicia with my characters haha.

GatorBait

Id pick Megaman and CapCo before id pick Gene. In fact in my hypothetical Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Uncanny AE eddition it would be dlc, Captain Comando/Megaman/Gambit/Venom with some rebalancing/hitboxmode and replay mode from vita for 15 bucks.

Late to the party:

Mark my words, if Gene got into a MvC game, he would turn from a character from a game that a relatively small number of people have played to a fan favorite that people clamor for in future iterations (ala CapCom, Jin, etc).

I picked up God Hand about a year and a half ago based on the fact that I thought the other two Clover games (Viewtiful Joe and Okami) were just really enjoyable games - to me they harkened back to straight-up fun, classic gameplay that is absent from a lot of games today. God Hand ended up being just crazy bananas beat-em-up action. Really "gamey"; really fun.

I'm not even particularly attached to the character, but Gene would translate to a fighting game just as well as Dante did. He has a TON of moves that you could use to craft his moveset, and he has abilities that could be the basis for some unique hypers (God Hand mode, roulette wheel).

Sorry about the abrupt leave Frantic, got a call from a friend and they get pissed when I play/dont pay attention while on the phone, lol.

Very ggs, dem Strider and Dante combos. Latency prevented some of em but the ones you hit were so pretty. I had that slop going for the first little while D:

Frantic

Sorry about the abrupt leave Frantic, got a call from a friend and they get pissed when I play/dont pay attention while on the phone, lol.

Very ggs, dem Strider and Dante combos. Latency prevented some of em but the ones you hit were so pretty.
It's alright, though I was getting salty during those last 10 or so games. I was dropping every hitconfirm, every combo, and choked away a shit ton of games. Not one of my best days, today.

To me, and I may be wrong, the problem isn't your Spider-Man. While I do need to respect that uppercut(such an amazing move) and Web Throw more, it's freaking the Greyhound assist that bodies me. It's really fast on startup, and is causes more block/hitstun than I expect. I can usually deal with it pretty well when there are other characters using it, but the angles that Spider-Man comes at makes it difficult for me to do that. I also was getting annoyed with the fact I hit you like a dozen times with Air Play per match, but couldn't follow up on them because Greyhound was in the way. I could have killed Spider-Man so many times, but Greyhound just says nope. Spidey/Hawkeye are definitely BFFs.

I'm itching for a runback with you, haha. Next time I'll do better.

Azure J

Frantic, I'm convinced now. Arrows are a devil hunter's worst machup. :p

I'm trying to find or create a high low mixup from a blocked Fireworks using Devil Trigger. The idea is to do an immediate fly - unfly - j.L before the landing - c.L. I hope it works.

In other news, I'm doing a lot of basic training and realizing that I really don't know how to fighting game. I practiced blocktrings and what I could do to apply some basic pressure into my games and suddenly I'm running away with actual decicive win streaks.

You have no idea how hype it is to see someone unable to deal with s.H - Formation B - c.H - Shot as a game is in motion. Weasel Shot has become one of my favorite moves in the history of gaming. And feinting with Viper is just so much fun.

To me, and I may be wrong, the problem isn't your Spider-Man. While I do need to respect that uppercut(such an amazing move) and Web Throw more, it's freaking the Greyhound assist that bodies me. It's really fast on startup, and is causes more block/hitstun than I expect. I can usually deal with it pretty well when there are other characters using it, but the angles that Spider-Man comes at makes it difficult for me to do that. I also was getting annoyed with the fact I hit you like a dozen times with Air Play per match, but couldn't follow up on them because Greyhound was in the way. I could have killed Spider-Man so many times, but Greyhound just says nope. Spidey/Hawkeye are definitely BFFs.

I'm itching for a runback with you, haha. Next time I'll do better.

I'd say you're right, Greyhound is the engine that makes my Spider-Man go, especially against a space controller like Dante IMO. It helps him get into the gap so well, lets me do sneaky cross-unders if you block it in the air midscreen, and just crazy hitstun/block stun for how fast it is. Combining it with a web ball is a lot of durability, and cancelling a zip from a web ball means all this stuff is coming at you from weird angles really fast. The zip is already plus 17 on block, and when you add a bunch of stuff to it, pressure starts mounting.

I think it's the 2nd fastest assist in the game behind Tatsu, at 34 vs 32 frames?

Being able to avoid Vajra assist with an airdash on reaction to your assist call (I'd just listen for "Hey") is useful too.

Without Greyhound, getting into the tight spaces for a Spider Sting is a lot harder IMO, and Spider-Man's approaches are somewhat better than Spencer's but still not super scary on their own. I definitely have to pick my spots more carefully without it.

I think you fought it pretty well at points too, don't sell yourself short -- X-23 BS took a fair amount of matches away too.

Also, I wouldn't shy away from rushing down too much. Spider-Man's defense isn't that great, and all of your characters outrange my normals. I saw your switch to voltage, but the trap might be better overall. You have the best two way character this side of Dorm -- force me to come to you, and then start making some chaos.

I felt much more at ease against Voltage because it felt considerably slower and controls less immediate space when I'm being rushed -- I knew exactly how I wanted to react to it, which wasn't the case with the trap + tele's. Trap led to more combos too. I think I understood why you did it but training against Dante + Plasma Beam or Greyhound has upped my reactions against slower ones, haha.

I think you have capable team to go down the line against mine -- Dante just has to kill Spider-Man, and I feel like I'm looking a little uphill. The only matchup I feel is considerably in my favour is Hawkeye v Trish. That said, if you're going to snap, I'd say snap X-23. She provides a considerable amount of extra damage for Spider-Man and her XF is amazing -- will runback 2 characters pretty free with a guard cancel or regular hitconfirm cancel, and can definitely do 3. I feel like I'm still winning if I'm down to her alone with XF while the opponent has 2-3 without XF. Trish can manage her XF, but since she's second, she usually either got guard cancelled or dirt napped before she could manufacture something.

XF3 Spider-Man might catch you by surprise, but I don't think he's killing 2-3 characters unless you make some mistakes. Ditto for Hawkeye, whose really only gonna chip you if you burned XF -- he's just more stable Arthur in XF.

Looking forward to the runback, haha.

Frantic

Frantic, I'm convinced now. Arrows are a devil hunter's worst machup. :p
Honestly, I normally have no issues with Greyhound assist or even Hawkeye in general, but Spider-Man's attack angles make that assist the bain of my existence. Didn't help that I was dropping my combos left and right, fueling my frustration. I checked in training mode, and Spider-Man falls slower, making Stinger whiff after a Clay Pigeon if not timed correctly. Each time I dropped one, I lost so much momentum until I was just a pile of salt. :(

Also, I wouldn't shy away from rushing down too much. Spider-Man's defense isn't that great, and all of your characters outrange my normals. I saw your switch to voltage, but the trap might be better overall. You have the best two way character this side of Dorm -- force me to come to you, and then start making some chaos.
I usually use Low Voltage, but I figured the trap might be better against the matchup hence why I ran it first. I ended up switching just to test out what I'm more comfortable with. I might try to switch to Hopscotch next time too, just so it doesn't get nullified by Hawkeye arrows and prevents more immediate rushdown. I will lose the tricky mixups on incoming, but I'd rather keep Spider-Man off me, especially since Dante already gets good mixups on incoming anyways.

I think you have capable team to go down the line against mine -- Dante just has to kill Spider-Man, and I feel like I'm looking a little uphill. The only matchup I feel is considerably in my favour is Hawkeye v Trish. That said, if you're going to snap, I'd say snap X-23. She provides a considerable amount of extra damage for Spider-Man and her XF is amazing -- will runback 2 characters pretty free with a guard cancel or regular hitconfirm cancel, and can definitely do 3. I feel like I'm still winning if I'm down to her alone with XF while the opponent has 2-3 without XF. Trish can manage her XF, but since she's second, she usually either got guard cancelled or dirt napped before she could manufacture something.
I felt that it came down to who killed who first, honestly. If I killed Spider-Man, I was pretty comfortable against your team. If I lost Dante, it felt uphill(mainly because of Trish v Hawkeye being a pain in the ass) and I'd usually end up with XF-less Strider vs XF3 X-23 at some point. I probably should snap X-23 in if I can't get the kill on Spidey, just so I keep full momentum, but I don't do a lot of things I should do. Plus, X-23 is almost as 'ohshitohshit' inducing as XF3 Strider or Vergil, for me, just because I know if I lose one character, I lost the next too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom