• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to play my friend Crispy Tacoz today since apparently we both go to Skyline. Unfortunately, I had to use a 360 pad...and a bad one, at that. Still did better than I thought, despite the mountain of dropped combos.

I've had a copy of UMvC3 for my very own for 3 days now. I'm trying to take team composition to heart, so I've spent waaaay more time offline in training mode than I have actually fighting anyone online (I do still play a decent amount online, though). It's fun, but it's also more taxing than I thought it would be, especially when it comes to testing how well assists, DHCs and general team composition between characters. It gives me an excuse to go through the last few OTs that MvC3's had before, though; lots of interesting info to go along with the pandemonium.

There's not much else to this post, but I thought I'd mention that since I own a copy, I'm gonna try to play with you folks more often.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also add that jojo is a really niche game. Good game tho. Sans petshop.

So with mvc origins coming out soon is someone creating a separate OT or can we just used regular marvel thread??
I think someone's making the MvC:O OT already.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Only COTA and XvSF were prohibited. They said they could rerelease MvSF if they wanted but chose not to because the game doesn't have a good rep.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only COTA and XvSF were prohibited. They said they could rerelease MvSF if they wanted but chose not to because the game doesn't have a good rep.
Also something about them only being able to package 2 games in the project. Which sounds like a pricing/marketing thing.

EDIT: Wesker Must Die - TOD combo compilation without using TACs, X-Factor, DHCs or THCs.

Also something about them only being able to package 2 games in the project. Which sounds like a pricing/marketing thing.

EDIT: Wesker Must Die - TOD combo compilation without using TACs, X-Factor, DHCs or THCs.

Okay seeing Nemesis using Joe's bomb assist to cancel out of his super to continue the combo was cool, but then seeing Dr. Strange use the assist to combo into 7 rings of ragathdor was straight up brilliant.

It's kind of neat to use Joe's bomb with Dormammu because Purification -> Chaotic Flame pushes it along to your opponent and hits him. It just looks neat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF, teach me your tricks for creating effective setups. I've pretty much identified set ups (incoming mostly) as my weakness, and use pretty basic stuff.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think you could write essays on the incoming mixups Nova has haha.

Gravimetric Pulse H then cr. M. Could be a cross up or not depending on when you cr. M.

There's Biz's "just block low dumbass" that's an Energy Javelin then cr. M right as they land.

And there's the tried and true "call assist then box dash H" . If you box dash late enough the incoming character will jump in below you as you cross them up and they get hit with whatever assist.

Then there's Infrit's Centurion Arts H mixup that I'm sure you've seen.

edit- oh and if you want to test these out in training mode just use snapbacks

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
MM2PF_MegaMan_Hadouken.gif

Dahbomb

The best IM incoming mix up that I know of is the one that involves j f+H into air dash down forward + assist call. J f+H deals with mashers as if you set it up right you will just throw them instead. If they push block the f+H the air dash allows you to keep on them long enough to initiate at least one mix up before they are scotch free. The assist helps in pinning them down but speed and duration of the assist is a factor so this may not work with all assists (best with Amaterasu Cold Shots). You basically do f+H into air dash down forward and then depending upon the button pressed they have to guess high low. You can also mix this up with the other air dashes including forward air dash and even up/forward air dash which allows you to go into a high just before both of you land. You can also fake out a normal and go for a throw.

The most devious IM incoming mix ups involve a slow moving assist and Repulsor. Because Repulsor can't be advanced guard they have to fall into a slow moving assist on block and deal with an unreactable high low mix up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well at least you got Iron Man right.

Actually he should be lower.

Wait, some of the characters grouped together are just people's teams. Justin Wong's, Kusoru's, and Combofiend's teams are all grouped together. Is it supposed to be a team tier list?

Azure J

There's so many shitty Morrigans online now. It's fantastic.

Trying to play catch up with a character like that is one of the toughest challenges in this game. Anyone can chuck Soufiss, but learning to do it effectively? Hard as shit. Let's also not forget that she has other options as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom