• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Niitsuma initially said he'd look into TACs, which is what made people think it might get fixed. Then he said otherwise. The Zero nerf rumor comes from F. Champ, and I imagine people just tacked Vergil on the claim as well.

This game made Capcom good money. Capcom likes money, so we'll get more. Even Svensson said we won't have to wait 10 years for another game. With Marvel being so huge, I think that within 3-4 years is our max wait time.

There's also the whole "What is Niitsuma working on?" question. He said JoJo's, but there's no way his main project for the last year has been an HD port. That's the kind of thing he would handle as a side management project. I'm not saying he's working on MvC4, but I'm saying we have loose ends.

Yeah, I think they are waiting for next gen to be ready so they can release MVC4 with new sticks for 720/PS4/WiiU

That way, MVC4 can last for long time for our consoles.

Tirael

Courtesy of Dragon*Con 2012. I'll get caught up on the thread soon, but I just wanted to share this. Sleep now.

eBdnc.jpg

That's the best Nova cosplay I've ever seen. Well, the only one but that's not the point.

Irony of the highest order is practicing Rapid Seismos and getting 3 max on your good side (P1 side) then fucking around without a thought and doing them on your bad side (P2 side) and getting 5 in a row before you psyche yourself out.

That was me first time I tried the boulder loop on the P2 side.

BTW someone posted fanart of their own Iron Fist team of IF/Ammy/RR

This is glorious.

MANLY PICTURE TIIIIIME!!!

K7hnO.jpg

I would love to know the source of this.

shaowebb

I would love to know the source of this.

It was done for the Udon Marvel vs Capcom official complete works by this guy. I think he might be the artist from Luther Strode (an AWESOME comic)

My wife sent it to my facebook today and it took some research to track down the guy and his deviantart.

EDIT: Correction it IS Tradd Moore and he is the artist from Luther Strode. Guy is awesome.

Dahbomb

Damn Sanford and LI Joe were fucking engrossed in that match.

Well to be honest everyone in the room were but those 2 were particularly animated.

shaowebb

did you all see the video of Yipes right after he won the tourney? holy shit this is respect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljzytn6XHI&feature=player_embedded

Beautiful. Yipes absolutely loves Chris G as player and pulling out that victory was a moment that obviously meant a lot to him. A big moment and off of one of the guys he respects most as a player.

Full set here

I love seeing moments like these. Thanks for posting that puppy. It gave me something to look up and enjoy.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Niitsuma initially said he'd look into TACs, which is what made people think it might get fixed. Then he said otherwise. The Zero nerf rumor comes from F. Champ, and I imagine people just tacked Vergil on the claim as well.

This game made Capcom good money. Capcom likes money, so we'll get more. Even Svensson said we won't have to wait 10 years for another game. With Marvel being so huge, I think that within 3-4 years is our max wait time.

There's also the whole "What is Niitsuma working on?" question. He said JoJo's, but there's no way his main project for the last year has been an HD port. That's the kind of thing he would handle as a side management project. I'm not saying he's working on MvC4, but I'm saying we have loose ends.

I agree completely but would just add that a new iteration of UMvC3 is more likely than MvC4. Street Fighter 4 got four iterations, and with Capcom back in the fighting game presence with their business model its not at all out of the realm of possibility Marvel will get another iteration.

MvC4 will happen, but not until next gen me thinks.

Street Fighter 4 got four iterations, and with Capcom back in the fighting game presence with their business model its not at all out of the realm of possibility Marvel will get another iteration.

SF4 also had the full support of Ono and Capcom, something that UMvC3's dev team clearly didn't have.

By that recent Ono interview, it seems pretty clear that Ono was going out on a limb with SF4. Capcom wasn't very supportive at all.

I meant with the extra editions. Everyone knows how much trouble Ono went through with getting SF4 out there, but once it was out there, the money started pouring in.

shaowebb

I just hope somebody at Capcom cuts Ono a break and stops pushing him so damned hard. Guy collapsed and his welcome back was two tickets to Rome and the attitude of him needing to make up for lost time. Capcom does have a history of pushing guys so hard they eventually push them right out the company, though. Takashi Nishiyama, Hideki Kamiya, Shinji Mikami, Inafune, Seth Killian...though I think Nishiyama wasn't overworked so much as underpaid. I believe SNK simply made a profitable offer is all that happened there.

edit: Turns out I'm wrong. Apparently he didn't like the way he was forced to manage at Capcom. Rifts were forming and he left because he was getting uncomfortable with how they wanted him to run things to make his games.

kirblar

Part of what makes the money flow is the need to provide updates to the arcades so their money keeps flowing. Not having that economic incentive makes it harder for them to justify post-release content.

I just hope somebody at Capcom cuts Ono a break and stops pushing him so damned hard. Guy collapsed and his welcome back was two tickets to Rome and the attitude of him needing to make up for lost time. Capcom does have a history of pushing guys so hard they eventually push them right out the company, though. Takashi Nishiyama, Hideki Kamiya, Shinji Mikami, Inafune, Seth Killian...though I think Nishiyama wasn't overworked so much as underpaid. I believe SNK simply made a profitable offer is all that happened there.
All of those guys left for different reasons. Kamiya was pretty much thrown out. Inafune was tired of Capcom employees not working hard enough, and not having enough vision. S-Kill just got his dream job offer - why turn it down?

shaowebb

All of those guys left for different reasons. Kamiya was pretty much thrown out. Inafune was tired of Capcom employees not working hard enough, and not having enough vision. S-Kill just got his dream job offer - why turn it down?

Wait...S-Kill's dream job was Sony? I thought it was in his role at Capcom. What's his official title at Sony?

Wait...S-Kill's dream job was Sony? I thought it was in his role at Capcom. What's his official title at Sony?
He's a lead developer now. He's making games and calling the shots. That's the dream. You bet your butt that Sony's going to let him develop a 1st party 2D fighting game over there. That's what the man does.

shaowebb

He's a lead developer now. He's making games and calling the shots. That's the dream. You bet your butt that Sony's going to let him develop a 1st party 2D fighting game over there. That's what the man does.

In that case, good on him. I thought he was still a combat advisor and marketing guy over there. If he's calling shots like Nishiyama used to, and Ono/Niitsuma still do now then thats awesome. Now if some big publisher would just contract Reverge Labs for them and get them some budget. I've been holding out hope that Konami will grab them due to their working relationship and contract them to try and reboot the idea of a Castlevania fighting game series they had that was so poorly implemented on the Wii. Mike Z and his gang could likely get something solid going with that company and their franchises.

mr. puppy

Banned

what is his involvement with the smash brothers ripoff?

also has anyone played that game? is it any good?

It's kinda bad. That game has no hype ever. Because it's timer-based and there's no score on screen, there was no drama or satisfaction whenever I won. It's just people bouncing around for 3 minutes. Even the sound effects and background music are forgettable.

what is his involvement with the smash brothers ripoff?

He's lead developer, but he's coming in late game. The game seems to be improving with every iteration, but it's based on a fundamentally flawed concept: building meter for 1-shot supers is the only way to kill anyone. He would have to completely rework the game a few months before launch for it to be solid. A lot of people are enjoying it, though. They should have just cloned Smash Bros all the way.

He's lead developer, but he's coming in late game. The game seems to be improving with every iteration, but it's based on a fundamentally flawed concept: building meter for 1-shot supers is the only way to kill anyone. He would have to completely rework the game a few months before launch for it to be solid. A lot of people are enjoying it, though. They should have just cloned Smash Bros all the way.

He's a lead at Sony Santa Monica, not the Battle Royale team though. I'm sure his role there is closer to his consulting work he did at Capcom.

mr. puppy

Banned
so here's a question. I've been playing Dante/Firebrand/Task in some form for as long as this game has been out, and after reading all of this stuff about the strength of TACs over resets, it makes me wonder about Firebrand.

Firebrand is supposed to be an amazing reset character. Do you all think his resets are better than going for a TAC? Is the reason why he isn't so ridiculously strong as first thought b/c there are even better, and easier, resets in doing a TAC than doing high/low, etc. stuff with him?

Azure J

I'm so fucking dumb sometimes. Why did I totally forget about Sky Dance's Foot Dive S long hard knockdown on whiff? I can finally start making some raw tag technology. :lol

Edit: Frantic, if you see this, do you have any ideas for followups? I think the hitstun deterioration is too high to follow up with using Viper/Dante/Strider.

Frantic

Edit: Frantic, if you see this, do you have any ideas for followups? I think the hitstun deterioration is too high to follow up with using Viper/Dante/Strider.
That far in a combo, HSD is at its peak for sure. The best use is for Frank, where you do like a 40-50 hit combo, raw tag Frank in, then take a snapshot. Usually a meterless level 4 if you do a proper combo, and call Jam Session on time.

Other than that, there probably isn't a lot you can do with it. You might be able to raw tag Viper in, call Vajra > Seismo > Thunder Knuckle H, Seismo > Super for some extra damage(just the first seismo would do about the same as everything Dante can do after the Sky Dance), but I'm not entirely sure on whether HSD will allow for that. You could probably also do some minor combo extensions with EX Seismo, though how worth it would be depends entirely on how much meter you could build back, and how much damage it actually does.

Oh, and you could also do the Sky Dance, teabag for like 2-3 seconds, then Volcano > Beehive. I once did a combo with two Sky Dance whiffs, and just teabagged during the bounce instead of doing the usual Acid Rain > Volcano > Helm Breaker. It was against a guy who teabagged me after every character kill, so I felt some vengeance was in order. I perfected him that round, so I considered it a massive success.

Azure J

LOL that second strategy is class. *dead*

That being said, I was thinking a lot of the same things regarding hard tagging in Viper. Strider got axed once I saw that his only contribution would be Ninja Slide OTG - X Factor combo and why would I ever want to share my X-Factor with someone when Strider on that red stuff is insanity? :p

Tag in Viper then EX Seismo is definitely the right choice if anyone else wants to do this though, the soft knockdown property gives Vipes the proper leeway for a confirm. Now if I can make a way to do this and be meter positive or not come in and kick the character ground bounced, we might be in business.

Frantic

LOL that second strategy is class. *dead*
That's what happens when I become legitimately pissed off at someone instead of just frustrated.

Tag in Viper then EX Seismo is definitely the right choice if anyone else wants to do this though, the soft knockdown property gives Vipes the proper leeway for a confirm. Now if I can make a way to do this and be meter positive or not come in and kick the character ground bounced, we might be in business.
Once you've raw tagged into Viper and done an EX Seismo, you could try to set up a Jam Session assist string. I think you can do Seismo > j.H > Burn Kick off it. Not sure what else you could get off it, though.

Your best bet to avoid hitting someone with the raw tag is to delay the raw tag a little bit.

Azure J

And now the endless debate resumes to run Jam Session or Weasel Shot with that team. (Currently running the latter because I need some horizontal coverage for her footsies.)

The tag bit I found out with a bit of practice, but now it's all about making it muscle memory while I find out if this is viable or not.

The most mad I ever got at playing online was at myself playing that team and not getting anything started offense wise with Viper even though I was trying to mete myself and use more of her "NOPE" options as per thread's advise after my set with FSLink. Stupid precise necessary motions, stupid start of round Hulk, stupid Sentijamal comebacks in lag, stupid "good in every fighting game ever" Ryu c.M, stupid Vita buttons... :lol

Solune

You guys Ace Attorney is back with a vengence. Wright is a lawyer again. All is right in the world. (Except AAI2 not being localized)

Lot of faithless people saying AA5 won't get localized but I think they are out of their minds. Hoping for the best though. Iwadare as composer has me hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom