• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

I think he's talking about Zero's Ryuenjin. It's actually a really strong starting option. It has 5 frames startup on all three, all of them have a good amount of active frames, it covers ground and air approaches, and can be Buster Canceled to be safe, or to confirm on hit.

Fucking Zero man... :lol

I think he's talking about Zero's Ryuenjin. It's actually a really strong starting option. It has 5 frames startup on all three, all of them have a good amount of active frames, it covers ground and air approaches, and can be Buster Canceled to be safe, or to confirm on hit.

Yep, H Ryuenjin. I'm pretty sure it beats divekick and shield skills, but loses to drill claw at the wrong angle/range. It also option selects throw, so it's a decent opening move if they won't give you room. Only thing is if they're mashing H they'll tech and throw you again anyway which is retarded but whatever. Haggar can lariat easily, so I don't know of any good options against him.

Lately I just just walk backwards at the start... I noticed that as a Zero player all I need is one hit and I'm guaranteed to bring you into the corner for lighting loops. Why the hell risk getting hit at the start off something stupid.

Eventually someone gonna run into a buster, lighting, jump H, command dash down -> go low or an assist call and I'll be in a kill position as long as I don't drop the loops.

Bizazedo

Yep, H Ryuenjin. I'm pretty sure it beats divekick and shield skills, but loses to drill claw at the wrong angle/range. It also option selects throw, so it's a decent opening move if they won't give you room. Only thing is if they're mashing H they'll tech and throw you again anyway which is retarded but whatever. Haggar can lariat easily, so I don't know of any good options against him.

Ahh, yeah, that's an option, and the buster will be fully charged before it ends.

Haggar's slow enough to run away from before the match starts, no worries there.

Lately I just just walk backwards at the start... I noticed that as a Zero player all I need is one hit and I'm guaranteed to bring you into the corner for lighting loops. Why the hell risk getting hit at the start off something stupid.

Eventually someone gonna run into a buster, lighting, jump H, command dash down -> go low or an assist call and I'll be in a kill position as long as I don't drop the loops.

Zero's too slow to get away from a smart Wolverine at the beginning of a fight (or a Hulk for that matter). You need to know / have a plan to get out / get a hit.

Ahh, yeah, that's an option, and the buster will be fully charged before it ends.

Haggar's slow enough to run away from before the match starts, no worries there.

Zero's too slow to get away from a smart Wolverine at the beginning of a fight (or a Hulk for that matter). You need to know / have a plan to get out / get a hit.

I actually picked it up from mihe and Richard, thank good for jam session. If i run into a wolv our hulk that pull that shit I'm gonna tod them. Of course unless i drop the loop which I tend to do on 2p side.

Azure J

Cool little Dante/Strider reset:

Stinger Lvl. 2 - BC Drive xx Devil Trigger - Call Vajra - Teleport

Timing your teleport with Strider's departure makes this one a pretty tight Vortex to deal with.

Solune

Nerdjosh using Verg/Morr/Doom. Very interesting how he's trying to use Doom Missiles to OTG after Helm Breaker instead of calling Doom before the launch. But of course everything was dropped.

GGs Biz. Love that Hulk team, so scummy :lol Can tell it's a little new, doesn't help that Spider-Man can get away as soon as there's breathing room, and has two different capture projectiles so you can't abuse Gamma Charge as well to get around. Then there's Hawkeye.

Word of advice for that team -- if you have someone pinned, they should rarely if ever get out. Hulk has every option in the corner, you mostly stuck with the Gamma frame trap. I don't know for sure if your team allows him to convert off his command throw, but mix in some more lows and jump attacks for maximum bullshit when the opponent is pinned by the drones. They're gonna die no matter what it starts with. You're right about Nova anchor too, offers more all around than Wesker IMO and melts the health away just as fast.

Your Spencer is pretty fresh huh? Working out some kinks with him I guess? I suppose he does offer a better damage boost to Nova and Slant Shot is a pretty slick assist for new mixups, but is he giving you anything else that Wesker doesn't on that team? Seems like either variation would kill and Wesker is a better anchor, but I don't know for sure, just going with gut.

Also, I <3 having invincible supers that shut down ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRM~ haha.

GGs Biz. Love that Hulk team, so scummy :lol Can tell it's a little new, doesn't help that Spider-Man can get away as soon as there's breathing room, and has two different capture projectiles so you can't abuse Gamma Charge as well to get around. Then there's Hawkeye.

Word of advice for that team -- if you have someone pinned, they should rarely if ever get out. Hulk has every option in the corner, you mostly stuck with the Gamma frame trap. I don't know for sure if your team allows him to convert off his command throw, but mix in some more lows and jump attacks for maximum bullshit when the opponent is pinned by the drones. They're gonna die no matter what it starts with. You're right about Nova anchor too, offers more all around than Wesker IMO and melts the health away just as fast.

Your Spencer is pretty fresh huh? Working out some kinks with him I guess? I suppose he does offer a better damage boost to Nova and Slant Shot is a pretty slick assist for new mixups, but is he giving you anything else that Wesker doesn't on that team? Seems like either variation would kill and Wesker is a better anchor, but I don't know for sure, just going with gut.

I'll add this: Hulk's j.S crosses up. It's really effective to jump over your opponent and j.S while drones pin him down. You can never f+H too much. If the throw gets teched, mash it more and get a throw or beat your opponent with armored s.H. Teched throw into command throw is nigh unstoppable. Even if you can't get a full combo from a command throw, just dashing forward while calling drones means you're back in command and you dealt ~200K damage.

Darksim

Zero's too slow to get away from a smart Wolverine at the beginning of a fight

Why not just do Dash OS throw like every other character does against Wolverine. I don't know what happens when the throws are actually teched because both characters have 4 frame normals, but I would assume Wolverine then wins due to his standing jab being retarded.

You also have the option to do back H, which I really, really like. Assuming Wolverine starts on the ground (do NOT do this if he jumps into divekick height before the round starts, you will get killed) you can H OS throw, and in the event you don't get the throw the H will stuff his divekick and thanks to the ridiculous amount of active frames also hit Tatsu/Shopping Cart out of startup, meaning you win the game. Yay.

I never really did Ryuenjin, but it will work as long as the Wolverine isn't smart enough to just press standing light. Hulks AA gamma charge will laugh at that however, I suggest just backing off and proceeding to buster or whatever against Hulk.

Bizazedo

Braaaaaaaaaaaand new. I was mainly using him last night to see how he goes with Zero + Nova. Offers both a bigger damage boost and his assist is better in the neutral game than Weskers. Him and Sentinel, honestly.

But, yeah, problem now that he's figured out, he's a shit anchor compared to the others.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iMUas.jpg

New social game :/

Dahbomb

Why the fuck is Date Masamune in there when the team said they didn't want historical characters in games like those? And suddenly the MH team thought it was ok now?

Capcom desperate for the iOS market now.

At least OG Dante and Megaman are in.

JeTmAn81

Soooo I don't know if anyone could tell but I'm pretty much out of fighting games now. However, I was at PAX this weekend and happened to get Filipino Champ to sign my copy of Marvel, in addition to playing in a small tourney with Seattle area players Rattana and Rowtron.

jrLNWl.jpg

Azure J

Why the fuck is Date Masamune in there when the team said they didn't want historical characters in games like those? And suddenly the MH team thought it was ok now?

That roster is pretty fucking godlike already. Also Gene and Ruby Heart.

shaowebb

This really. They've had some seriously bad quarters and not many of their games returned a profit over the past few years. Rather than keep pouring large investments into franchises that are hit or miss it looks like their main console stuff is driving itself to pump out as many titles in as short a period as it can connected to their most profitable series. The rest of their efforts seem to be going towards building up a mobile phone portfolio of cheaper to develop titles that can pull profit even with lower sales. Mobile markets can produce a lot of money for cheaper titles so I think they are trying to safety net their business with a mobile market portfolio to support their console endeavors.

Its smart to some degree, but that rapid fire pumping of franchises on console is a bad idea. Just look at what it did to Sega. You cut development time and you eventually ruin the quality and reputations of your biggest hits. God help them if fighting games go up on that list of rapid fire development games. Those games wont do to well if folks are still invested in another title they launched already. It really would be market cannibalism then.

Do the mobile plan, but rethink your launch windows and listen to your fans more on what to back as major projects. Currently Mega Man,PW, RE, Monster Hunter, and BoF fans seem to be demanding things the most and the only one I'm iffy on profitability is BoF because I don't know the numbers. They seem to be backing RE, Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright which is good, but at this point the Mega Man crowd is so vocal and have been mocked so hard by Capcom I feel they almost have to release a solid Mega Man game by this point to win back fans.

Guys are in for a rough ride with their current model and situation. Thats for sure.

Date Masamune...I knew there was no problem using him or any of the Sengoku Basara characters in crossover games!

Capcom, you better put Nitsuma on a Capcom All-Stars fighting game now that JoJo's is finished!

Tobe

Fucking Zero man... :lol
Fuck zero man!

All this zero talk is affecting my nerves, top tier being top tier. Kadey will you ever stream again in xbl?? Or you are going full force on TTT2 once is comes out?

Also please guys play jojo it's a good game!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck zero man!

All this zero talk is affecting my nerves, top tier being top tier. Kadey will you ever stream again in xbl?? Or you are going full force on TTT2 once is comes out?

Also please guys play jojo it's a good game!

Make a rambling drunk video stating your point and I will consider it.

Enzo/Bark willing to play anytime soon? It's been like two weeks since I played now.

Solune

iMUas.jpg

New social game :/
Wow I just noticed Usagi from Gotcha Force is in there holy shit. They actually remembered that game. G-Red would totally be cool in Marvel.

He'd be like Zero

Haha I've actually been working on a Zero vid in commemoration for the Rockman 25th Anniversary. 25 characters on both sides with Zero and trying to start the lightning loop from a Sphere Flame.

Azure J

Well this is interesting. Because I've been going crazy with my training lately, I've managed to cause my control stick to slide at times, leading to movements I don't want happening mid match. :lol

Nert

I'm still getting away with some pretty fradulent wins on Xbox Live (gamertag: FloralCat). My Tron/Super Skrull/Arthur team can get away with so much due to people not being familiar with the matchups. Like, I can do a raw Bonne Strike into a Servbot Surprise, and more than half the time people will get hit by the hyper instead of throwing me or jumping out of the way, leading to an easy kill. I probably need to start playing more local matches to actually improve, because I don't know how I would do against people that get used to my gimmicks over a longer set.

Tobe

I'm still getting away with some pretty fradulent wins on Xbox Live (gamertag: FloralCat). My Tron/Super Skrull/Arthur team can get away with so much due to people not being familiar with the matchups. Like, I can do a raw Bonne Strike into a Servbot Surprise, and more than half the time people will get hit by the hyper instead of throwing me or jumping out of the way, leading to an easy kill. I probably need to start playing more local matches to actually improve, because I don't know how I would do against people that get used to my gimmicks over a longer set.

wanna play right now?

mr. puppy

Banned
Nerdjosh using Verg/Morr/Doom. Very interesting how he's trying to use Doom Missiles to OTG after Helm Breaker instead of calling Doom before the launch. But of course everything was dropped.

eh I used to think that team was godlike and Vergil was better than Akuma....but really Vergil + Missiles is not that awesome. There was the theorycrafted chip of death kinda StriderDoom thing, but it wasn't reliable and can lose to a lot of things you wouldn't expect (armored normals, whatever else). But at the end of the day, Vergil is better with beam or something. Still a good team, but its not as awesome as I was hoping.

Azure J

morridoom isn't hype cuz spam spam and no real tough guy shit like rishdown cuz you a bitch if you spam shit miite dudez *shotguns beer*

You have no idea how much I loathe this type of thinking. I get so hype for SOUSOUSOU even now. Them fireball patterns, them transitions to prey on opponents expecting A or B, dat chip damage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo/Bark willing to play anytime soon? It's been like two weeks since I played now.
Im free for the majority of today. I've kind of slowed down too because of school and whatnot, so I probably won't be on very often.

I would kill for a pocket fighter with all of them.
This is pretty much the only hope I have for this game.

But still, mobile platforms, yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom