• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

Who is Tobe?! Find out on the next Naruto.
:lol :lol.

Enzo in he second match he caught a bday cuz i did a thc. Stupid idea cuz like a second later i thought of alpha counter with sent into hard drie which wouldve nullified the bs of ammy and doom thc. I talked to marlin ater the match and he told he didnt think of that cuz depebdibg on the team i would really fuck up that mix up. Magneto storm phoenix would blow up ammy's elements like beef vs panda match.

Frantic

This game makes me salty as fuck.
I got salty as hell immediately after when I played Biz. It's just that sort of game.

gg fuck everyone in this game except Doom, Ammy and Morrigan.
GGs and sorry. :p

Who is Tobe?! Find out on the next Naruto.
*claps* Good shit.

Because someone's gotta be the best character in the game. Phoenix has some big ass shoes to fill in.
I guess. I just hate getting hit by the invisible tip of a lightning dash and getting 100%, or getting hit by the ponytail of an anti-air cr.M into 100%, or an airthrow into 100%, etc, etc.

Frantic

Cr.M anti.air's? I know his cr.H does if his cr.M anti-airs that is some bull shit.
His cr.M antiairs and hits behind him. I got hit by his ponytail that lead into a dead Dante at least once throughout my set with Biz. I think it might have been because I was coming down with a j.H, but it really shouldn't be able to do that sort of shit.

Dahbomb

Comparisons of hit boxes:

crouchingmedium.jpg

vs

crouchingheavy2.jpg

I am having trouble imagining cr.M being used for it's anti air applications especially over cr.H.

Frantic

I think it has to do with the other character's hurtbubbles. Some moves probably increase their size enough that they can be hit from behind. I remember it going cr.M, s.H, f.H, s.S... and yes that all combo'd. I'll have to mess with it in training mode.

But yeah, cr.H is a better anti-air, but cr.M can do the job as well.

Bizazedo

Why can Zero hit confirm off any thing he does. Why can he kill off any of said hit confirms.

Cuz he's the best?

Serious answer, I've played a LONG time with just Zero to make sure I could capitalize off most hits. And it's not every hit :).

Honestly, it felt I hit confirmed just as much as your Dante does, although I am getting the feeling you don't really hit confirm so much as keep going through the entire blockstring / combo and eventually just DT to make it safe if it eventually doesn't work. A couple times I knew you'd do that and just spaced it so you'd whiff and get punished.
I suppose part of it is my fault for playing low health characters, but even Spencer was dying in one hit. Salt aside, GGs Biz. I was playing so badly today. I dropped damn near every one of my combos. Not to mention the 30 second ToDs for each of my characters, across dozens of matches just fried my brain after a while.

The combos I use with Zero can't ToD Spencer if he's full life. I make sure I am aware of characters like that, though, and usually try to chip a bit to make sure I can ToD.

Block two level 3 busters and you're in kill range. Eat a single level 3 Buster and you're in my easier combo kill range.

Also, remember my entire team is built to allow Zero to ToD people. Both assists were chosen for it and I'm still usually burning two meters (albeit, the combo builds like 1.5 to 1.7 meters depending on which version). It's not like I'm lightning looping :).

Honestly, I think your biggest issues were relying too much on the same mixups or not knowing what to do when I took Strider away. I knew what you were doing immediately, but it took awhile to get the timing down, but by the end I was punishing Dante teleports on reaction online or popping your entering character because you were almost always hitting buttons.

Burning X-factor to kill Zero also hurt you since it allowed an X-factored Nova or Wesker to wreak havoc later on.

I think my Nova actually did more damage, anyways, to you overall.

I am having trouble imagining cr.M being used for it's anti air applications especially over cr.H.

Pretty much, but Frantic is right. cr.M can get airborne people, but only due to the fact that Zero crouches and sometimes their hurt bubble will hit the cr.M before their hit boxes will. In short, it's not something that can really be done intentionally. A lot of it came from just spacing him well since Dante's LOVE to do certain moves and he has a loooong vertical body.

Cr.M also does hit behind Zero at the very beginning of the move since it sweeps from behind him, forward. It doesn't stay back there long and isn't as bad as Dante / Hulk type moves, but I have used it to nick assists when people try to mix up.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Alright I tried these out and they are not really worth using at all. The midscreen relaunch does about 790k which is only 40k more than my bnb. The timing is extremely tight on this too.

The second video that relaunches in the corner doesn't even do as much damage as my bnb. I was able to do this combo much more consistent than the midscreen relaunch though.

Frantic

Honestly, it felt I hit confirmed just as much as your Dante does, although I am getting the feeling you don't really hit confirm so much as keep going through the entire blockstring / combo and eventually just DT to make it safe if it eventually doesn't work. A couple times I knew you'd do that and just spaced it so you'd whiff and get punished.
Oh, most definitely. I auto-pilot way too much, especially when I'm tired or frustrated. In my head, I know what I should be doing, but my hands just do the same ones anyways. Plus, a lot of times things I was trying to do didn't come out, which just resulted in death. After a while, I just didn't care any more and went with whatever.

Honestly, I think your biggest issues were relying too much on the same mixups or not knowing what to do when I took Strider away. I knew what you were doing immediately, but it took awhile to get the timing down, but by the end I was punishing Dante teleports on reaction online or popping your entering character because you were almost always hitting buttons.
I know what to do when Strider dies, it's just after a while, my morale would drop whenever I lose a character - especially if I haven't killed a character in turn. Especially since I had to sit there watching Zero do the same combo over and over.

Burning X-factor to kill Zero also hurt you since it allowed an X-factored Nova or Wesker to wreak havoc later on.
I can deal with Wesker fine without X-Factor, the problem is I was trying to rush him down and ended up getting hit by something easy to block. I probably dropped as many combos against him as you got comebacks with him.

I think my Nova actually did more damage, anyways, to you overall.
Considering I saw the same Zero combo at least two hundred times, I personally don't think so. Although I do hate his throw - I swear I teched most of them, but nothing happened.

That thing is still way huge. Should just link to it.

So anyways I made a stupid video.
http://youtu.be/M7NMjAxvGAY

Not sure if it's already known but you can loop Wesker's gun shot a bit mid combo in level 4 xfactor. Tell me if the video hitches up in any way. When I watched just the file on my laptop it ran terribly.

I think its known, just kinda useless. Not sure what takes more xfactor time. I think I rather do LMH, since its easier to do online.

Bizazedo

Considering I saw the same Zero combo at least two hundred times, I personally don't think so. Although I do hate his throw - I swear I teched most of them, but nothing happened.

Yeah, anytime I hit someone I try to find the best way to force it back to my normal combos. It can get repetitive.

If it's any consolation, you've helped my anti-Dante game a lot and the literally 100+ matches we did last night still leave me wanting to do it again.

Dahbomb

Now you know how it feels when people get caught at the end of a 50 second long Dante combo off of a crossed up normals and lead into a TOD... in Vanilla.

Kappa

Why does Vergil have a Kazuya style red eye in that artwork? Not even in DT form does he have red eyes.

Bizazedo

Hah.

Yes, I will admit feeling no sympathy when I go after Dante players with Zero. It's like, please hammer, please hammer, YES, dash in cr.M.

If more people start using Strider like you did, Frantic, I may add him to my list.

koryuken

Now you know how it feels when people get caught at the end of a 50 second long Dante combo off of a crossed up normals and lead into a TOD... in Vanilla.

Kappa

Why does Vergil have a Kazuya style red eye in that artwork? Not even in DT form does he have red eyes.

Because he is the Son of Sparda. And he is godlike...

PS. My Vergil does more damage to teams than my Wesker. I am very proud of this char :) Feels good when people burn Xfactor to kill Vergil with a Wesker on the team lol.

Dahbomb

Strider has been on my "spend resources to kill this character asap" list since day 1 of the game.

Formation B is CRAZY. Strider is the new Phoenix in terms of character you probably should be snapping in.

Frantic

If it's any consolation, you've helped my anti-Dante game a lot and the literally 100+ matches we did last night still leave me wanting to do it again.
Nah, it's fine. Just a little salt. I'll get over it. I do want to fight you again when I'm more clear headed. Part of the salt came from the fact that I know I can play better, but I wasn't. I was making too many mistakes I normally wouldn't. Next time I should hopefully do better. I should probably eat something before I sit down for a long set, too. :p

Kappa
Now it's just a 50 second long Dante combo that doesn't lead into a ToD. :(

Bizazedo said:
If more people start using Strider like you did, Frantic, I may add him to my list.
I'm pretty proud of my Strider, but I'm not even using half of the stuff I have with him. I tend to forget, and/or get too scared to go for them since I'm afraid of getting mashed out which leads to dead Strider, lol.

When I do add them to my game, you're definitely going to hate Strider. :p

Formation B is CRAZY. Strider is the new Phoenix in terms of character you probably should be snapping in.
I get annoyed when I see Strider's on stream without Formation B activated. That thing should be active the entire fight, if you can help it.

Dahbomb

Formation B is to Strider as LVL3 Buster is to Zero or Seismo is to Viper. It's an S tier tool that defines the character's play. You don't use Formation B with Strider? You aren't a Strider player.

Tobe

After all this chit chat between cita and biz i can proudly say im proud of myself cuz i dont use cheap TOD characters.

Frantic

Formation B is to Strider as LVL3 Buster is to Zero or Seismo is to Viper. It's an S tier tool that defines the character's play. You don't use Formation B with Strider? You aren't a Strider player.
Yep. I do wish it had a little more durability, though. Buster vs Formation B just ruins my day. :(

After all this chit chat between cita and biz i can proudly say im proud of myself cuz i dont use cheap TOD characters.
WHERE'S THE DHC GLITCH!? :p

Bizazedo

I handicap myself with Nova. I can't not use him, even though I'd probably improve my team by swapping him with a Dorm or a Doom.

He's a lot of fun to use with Zero (while shadow cloned) assist or Wesker assist.

Nearly everyone here uses a TOD character or has one on their team.

I'm the only honourable player on Live-GAF, no sword-guys or porters #kappa

I like that our players run the cheap stuff, helps keep me tourney ready. I get enough quirky characters in my scene, so this is better :p

Bizazedo

Play me in Æ Beef.

Argh, always when I'm at work. I need to work off rust before Winter Brawl!

When are you getting to WB? Friend should have a PS3 setup in his room, we can go at each other.

I like that our players run the cheap stuff, helps keep me tourney ready. I get enough quirky characters in my scene, so this is better :p

Doesn't Spidey have an inescapable "reset" into Death? :).

Join us, we have monocles.

And yeah, I agree, I like the GAF XBL character use. Just need more 645 and his Felicia and dedicated Skrull and Haggars. Good/POINT Haggars.

A real life bud uses Modok....that was educational.

Frantic

But you do have DERP NAP. :)

I really need to figure out what other character to pick for my team. Dante and Strider are a lock, but the third is still up in the air. I should just force myself to learn Viper, and run Viper/Dante/Strider for the ultimate cheap stuff, lol.

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmrvbljB2Ds&feature=player_embedded

Uh oh guys Seth Killian thinks X-23 is top tier. Incoming stealth nerf.

Viper/Dante/Strider for the ultimate cheap stuff
I was calling this team as top tier cheap stuff since day 1. People were like "no Zero, no Wesker? Not cheap enough". I don't remember but we did have some arguments over it and I was defending this team as the cheap stuff in Ultimate. And by cheap I mean the number of S tier tools packed in this team is criminal.

JeTmAn81

Sometimes it seems like there is a secret to air throws that I just don't get. Frantic, I got air thrown like crazy by Bizazedo as well. Like, 3-4 times in a row, literally, in one match (though he kept failing to convert into combo). Enough that I started wondering if he knew some secret to getting them that I had no clue about. It must be something to do with the timing, and certain situations where air throws are easiest to get. I generally just try to hit toward/back j.H when they are near me in the air, but obviously it's more than that. Every time there is some technique in this game I don't really understand, it always comes down to very specific timing details.

Dahbomb

Not me. Yay...?
Ryu and Frank have TOD combos especially Ryu. Pretty sure Ryu gets over a million starting off 1 bar thanks to Denjin mode. Dude hits like a grown ass karate man ever since they upped his minimum scaling. Frank's TODs are level dependent. Joe has tricks and set ups plus superior zoning so most of his damage like Morrigan is going to come from chucking stuff on the screen.

Dahbomb

Did you guys watch the video? >_>

It's about some X-23 tech revolving around her command dashes auto correcting during ground techs leading into some dirty cross ups/mix ups situations. The author mentioned that he was inspired to research on X-23 when he heard Seth K said that she was top tier before vanilla came out.

Rule #36 of Marvel: Don't believe Seth K's "tier lists" unless it's for a potential balance patch coming up. Seth K thinks Phoenix Wright is broken god tier or at least was before they nerfed him. Also "undiscovered tech".

Ryu and Frank have TOD combos especially Ryu. Pretty sure Ryu gets over a million starting off 1 bar thanks to Denjin mode. Dude hits like a grown ass karate man ever since they upped his minimum scaling. Frank's TODs are level dependent. Joe has tricks and set ups plus superior zoning so most of his damage like Morrigan is going to come from chucking stuff on the screen.

I'm actually trying a team that replaces Ryu with Doom. I know Doom can be a TOD character, but not MY Doom. :(

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The only character I really saw the light on, that he made mention to, was Jill. Have a nice day trying to block a good one.

An auto-correcting Wesker teleport is interesting.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Wait really? I can only get about 850k with Ryu in Denjin mode.

What about Thor? I don't think Thor can break 800k without very specific assists.

I mean if we are talking about solo TODs only. Pretty sure anyone can DHC after a combo to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom