• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

Someone to help your DHC's. You need to be able to kill Zero without X-factor in one combo.
I've considered Vergil for second spot. Over a million off anything Dante does sounds good to me. I just need to get better with him. And figure out whether to use Rising Sun or Rapid Slash as an assist.

I've also had Trish in second spot since Round Harvest can lead to death as well... but my Trish is kinda bad.

I was calling this team as top tier cheap stuff since day 1. People were like "no Zero, no Wesker? Not cheap enough". I don't remember but we did have some arguments over it and I was defending this team as the cheap stuff in Ultimate. And by cheap I mean the number of S tier tools packed in this team is criminal.
It's definitely top tier cheap stuff, with the most cheap stuff rolled into one good package. The amount of synergy between that team is really good. Better than something like Zero/Dante/Strider or Viper/Zero/Strider, imo.

@JeTmAn, it's just Nova's airthrow range is godlike. Like in one match, I was literally right above Nova's head in the air, and I still got airthrown by him. It made me want to puke.

Also, Zero is always using pizza cutter in the air, so he gets airthrows a lot too.

Viper/Dante/Strider or Zero/Viper/Dante to me scream as ultimate cheap ass.

Both of those teams make me sick.

And X-23 was known to be a character who touched you once, will kill at least one character. Maybe two. Due to the fact she laughs at pushblock and her lightning fast normals plus the hops giving her stupid mix up potential.

Thor with Dorm's purification. Go. Will enable you to perform the Mighty Strike loops.

But really, Thor has godlike resets, so he can do a 700k combo and reset into death.

Rule #36 of Marvel: Don't believe Seth K's "tier lists" unless it's for a potential balance patch coming up. Seth K thinks Phoenix Wright is broken god tier or at least was before they nerfed him. Also "undiscovered tech".
I don't take what he says seriously right there(not insulting his knowledge!). Pre release stage forces everyone at Capcom to gush about new characters even if they suck. He'll probably be more real when the next game is released and no one cares about Wright.

Don't forget his reaction to Darkstalkers guy at the UMvC3 summer stream haha. He knows what he is talking about.

Bizazedo

@JeTmAn, it's just Nova's airthrow range is godlike. Like in one match, I was literally right above Nova's head in the air, and I still got airthrown by him. It made me want to puke.

Also, Zero is always using pizza cutter in the air, so he gets airthrows a lot too.

Nova's throw range makes me laugh every time. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is that over half of *my* throws with him (in the air) are intentional throw attempts by me.

That doesn't mean that the accidental ones don't make me giggle.

What Jetman's referring to was done by Zero, though. I threw him and Wesker OTG MISSED, which pissed me off, so I kept air throwing with Zero. Something ridiculous like 4 times in one match against the same character.

Wesker missed every time.

It only happened that one match and never again against him.

Finally got that damn platinum trophy. Fuck you to everyone who taunted me after a match, fuck you to all the dumbass teleport spammers who got lucky hits cause of lag, fuck you to my stick for performing forward dashes instead of hypers like 40% of the time, fuck nova's air H hitting me while my character comes in even though I'm holding back, and fuck me for sucking so damn much. Online matches in fighting games should never ever be part of trophies.

Now its time to finally build my Phoenix Wright team. I'm thinking Dorm/Phoenix/Morrigan The goal is purification->stalking flare, raw tag Phoenix and collect evidence safely while the enemy is either blocking stalking flare or getting hit by it. The its time to spam morrigan assist and play keep away while looking for a chance to get into turnabout mode.

And oh my goodness that Kinu art <3 dat storm

Azure J

Man, I hate missing out on good discussion in here. :(

When's the next major or big stream event for Marvel?

Nearly everyone here uses a TOD character or has one on their team.

We need to make a list of officially recognized TOD characters in the current Ultimate metagame.

smurfx

get some go again
Viper/Dante/Strider or Zero/Viper/Dante to me scream as ultimate cheap ass.

Both of those teams make me sick.

And X-23 was known to be a character who touched you once, will kill at least one character. Maybe two. Due to the fact she laughs at pushblock and her lightning fast normals plus the hops giving her stupid mix up potential.
throw spencer in there as cheap shit as well. it amazes me that people forget to put him in there when talking about the cheapest characters.

Dahbomb

We need to make a list of officially recognized TOD characters in the current Ultimate metagame.
The list wouldn't be that useful. Most people consider a TOD on a million health character like Wesker because anyone over that is usually not a major threat in this game and is better off killed via reset to save meter. Some people consider TOD to include assists as well. Some characters lead into TODs or convert other character's opening into TODs (like raw tags, TACs, DHCs). Then there are some characters who's TOD capability changes with meter on deck (Vergil starting off 1 meter and 1 or 2 assists can kill characters in the Nemesis/Thor range). Not to mention we have stuff like Firebrand plus Skrull 300% "game ender" off of a cr.L in this game.

Plus game is evolving rapidly, just a week ago I used to think Shuma did low damage and then someone showed off that he could kill Thor. Those Mystic Stare bombs really add a ton of damage to his combos if you get the timings down. I am certain ANY character in this game any character can kill off Strider/RR/Akuma in a single combo.

The list of characters who can kill off Thor starting off 0 meter using no assists, XF, glitch, TACs is pretty damn low though. I think Zero can but I am not 100% sure.

Neki

I hope you guys don't think Sentinel is a TOD character, because that is the only one on my team that could do close to TODing someone, rofl.

Zero/Viper are just the cheapest of the cheap at this stage.

Dorm/Strider/Dante/Spencer/Wesker/Doom(what he gives to a team)/Spencer follow afterwards.

Magneto can be thrown in there and Hawkeye shortly afterwards. Vergil follows Hawkeye.

Dahbomb

Vergil is for sure a couple slots above Hawkeye in the cheap scale. Firebrand is not listed anywhere there either. Felicia is pretty damn cheesy too now.

JeTmAn81

I think Hulk probably needs to be considered a ToD character. 900k is really easy, and a million shouldn't be that tough.

Doesn't Spidey have an inescapable "reset" into Death? :).

Join us, we have monocles.

And yeah, I agree, I like the GAF XBL character use. Just need more 645 and his Felicia and dedicated Skrull and Haggars. Good/POINT Haggars.

A real life bud uses Modok....that was educational.

Ditto on all points. I'm lucky someone in my scene plays a great Raccoon, I would've been murdered by that character repeatedly otherwise.

But you do have DERP NAP. :)

I really need to figure out what other character to pick for my team. Dante and Strider are a lock, but the third is still up in the air. I should just force myself to learn Viper, and run Viper/Dante/Strider for the ultimate cheap stuff, lol.

It's a good equalizer. I got the name from hatemail that read "ahitatngoanojnas dsan jognoaknmdsanoi DERP NAP" after XF3ing 3 characters against someone in Vanilla :lol

VDS is probably one of the better teams out there, since you've got two ridic point characters backing her up with A+ assists.

*ahem*

Fuck honor. Gonna abuse Fingah lazers for life

Good man. *tips hat*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmrvbljB2Ds&feature=player_embedded

Uh oh guys Seth Killian thinks X-23 is top tier. Incoming stealth nerf.

Stoooooooooooolen. Will be implementing this eventually.

If we're doing cheap lists:

Zero Viper Dante Firebrand Strider. That's it IMO, with the cheapest being Dante, that magical reset bastard.

I have a hard time putting Spencer up there because even though his ToD's are essentially Baby's First Combos&#8482;, his approach game is pretty bland IMO. Better than a lot of characters, but that's not saying much. I put him in the same kinda vein as Taskmaster as that if you got hit by them, you deserve to get hurt. Clearly it's a little out of whack because Hulk works harder for maximum damage than him, but still, same vein IMO.

Vergil and Felicia are a lot cheaper than Hawkeye too IMO. Hawkeye only gets cheap when he's on cleanup duty with a bunch of meter so he can "think" his way to a chip damage victory.

Yeah, I forgot them two as well as Skrull. Thing is about Hawkeye is the fact that he is a matchup king. He lacks bullshits and mix ups thank god for that.

I mean, has damage via the poison arrows. Wins projectile wars with ease. Mobile, excellent normals. Great DHC into and out of.

Frantic

Zero Viper Dante Firebrand Strider. That's it IMO, with the cheapest being Dante, that magical reset bastard.
That's been my 'top five cheapness' since I found out about Firebrand's unblockable resets. Then I found out more about Firebrand and realized even without his unblockable, he was still cheap as hell. He's just hanging out with Strider in the "we do low damage but have everything" camp.
Although considering their reset capabilities, I have trouble thinking of them as 'low damage'.

Speaking of Dante's magical resets:Grapple Reset + Hidden Missiles.

Solune

Vergil is for sure a couple slots above Hawkeye in the cheap scale. Firebrand is not listed anywhere there either. Felicia is pretty damn cheesy too now.
BUT VERGIL IS B TIER
Yeah, I forgot them two as well as Skrull. Thing is about Hawkeye is the fact that he is a matchup king. He lacks bullshits and mix ups thank god for that.

I mean, has damage via the poison arrows. Wins projectile wars with ease. Mobile, excellent normals. Great DHC into and out of.
That's quite the opposite of cheap....Solid is the word you're looking for.
Must train harder...*Vegeta in space scene*

If you really want to test your strength... STAY RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
PSN or Live lobby. It's up to you guys later on.

Taking a break from lobby and trying to focus on training room for new characters for your upcoming tournament.

For people who have fought against me lately. I need your advices so I can get better. Any advance techs that I should learn?

I am all about brute power but now I need to change that.

The fact that I managed to won 7 times in row made me very happy. It's rare for me to do well in Gaf Live.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just missed the PSN AE lobby ;_;

Anyone up for some SEN Marvel matches?

Summary.

wDqVf.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Underwater vs Sim, Guile win streak?

What about those crazy comebacks? I didn't think I could do them myself.

And no Heath. I play half of the cast. More than half actually.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Beef is still best GAF T.Hawk. And everybody who has played Æ once, even for 5 seconds is second best T.Hawk, Degen is a distant third.
Regardless, T.Hawk gets blown up by half of the cast so Beef can't really do anything against them if I pick them. Adon for example.

Beef is still best GAF T.Hawk. And everybody who has played Æ once, even for 5 seconds is second best T.Hawk, Degen is a distant third.
Regardless, T.Hawk gets blown up by half of the cast so Beef can't really do anything against them if I pick them. Adon for example.
Honda, too. Actually, most of the charge characters. Still makes for good practice though.
crRj3.jpg

I was really REALLY bored today if you guys couldn't tell.

KuGsj.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

:( I used to main T.Hawk before I retired.

Degen

<-- the best hawk there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

now if you'll excuse me, i have a three-dimensional fighter to continue also being incredible at

(ggs, cloudius and razor. i stiLLLLLLLLLLLL kinda LLLLLLLLLLike using morrigan from my vaniLLLLLLLLLLa days, but i can't imagine why she'd appeaLLLLLLLLLL to me)

(well green hair is kinda cool)

Grecco

So yeah i gotta find a team and stick with it, since the game came out i still cant decide on one team to focus on and stick with :(

smurfx

get some go again
the lack of auto correct on taskmaster in the air is so damn frustrating. auto correct on zero's buster on the other hand is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom