• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I think I'm about done with this game, I just get my ass beat and beat and beat online nowadays. I don't have the time to learn and commit anymore to this game. It's been fun Marvel, but damn this game is just too frustrating with your "execute your offense until it works" type game play.

Maybe I'll try AE2012, haven't touched it yet this year.

Nyoro SF

I think I'm about done with this game, I just get my ass beat and beat and beat online nowadays. I don't have the time to learn and commit anymore to this game. It's been fun Marvel, but damn this game is just too frustrating with your "execute your offense until it works" type game play.

Maybe I'll try AE2012, haven't touched it yet this year.

Adam Prime
hates soccer, is Mexican
(Today, 12:42 AM)

There's a game calling for you, and it's not AE2012.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
In H&H, if you use the card that allows special cancels at the cost of meter, can Skrull go from a blocked Tenderizer to his grab move without using X-Factor? I ask because I don't have my game at home so I can't test it. Also, that's the only Skrull combo I know other than Meteor Smash -> Inferno.

Tobe

In H&H, if you use the card that allows special cancels at the cost of meter, can Skrull go from a blocked Tenderizer to his grab move without using X-Factor? I ask because I don't have my game at home so I can't test it. Also, that's the only Skrull combo I know other than Meteor Smash -> Inferno.
Hook into smash to inferno?

It's a really good avatar. I'd be surprised if you didn't keep it after the 4th.

yR2jm.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Bar Brawls NY vs LI at Feb 11th 2 PM EST

Look forward to this. Line up in the link. I am expecting some hype stuff here.

Also Winter Brawl next week, competitive Marvel is about to be jump started again. And after that it's major after major leading up to EVO.

Hope this ends sort of early. The fingercramp SFxT thing is also today.

http://i.imgur.com/yR2jm.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

There's nothing on gaf that can feed my ego more than seeing you, Ultimoo, and then me post sequentially. I will truly truly miss these avatars.

Dahbomb

You can post it if you want. Info to include:

Long Island players have always been under the radar, constantly training yet only a few of them get recognition. New York (the city) itself is home to some of the best Street Fighter 4 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 players. Lets put the best of both sides against each other to see who has the better players!

Casual setup will be available! (Free Venue!)

Time and Location
Stone Creek Bar and Lounge
140 E 27th St New York, NY 10010
Casuals will start at 12 PM
The fights will start at 2 PM

FIGHT CARD:
The following matches are all for UMVC3

Chris G vs Mo0ns
Marv vs LB Winrich
EMP Evil Rahsaan vs Spiderman kid
EMP Remix vs LI Joe
Predat0r vs EMP DragonGod

Double Main Event:
Team LI vs EMP 3v3

Street Fighter 4
Team LI: LI Joe, Capcom’s Hero, Crazy Salvi
Team EMP: Kreymore, Sanford, Jeron

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Team LI: Moons, Predat0r, LI Joe
Team EMP: DragonGod, Evil Rahsaan, Remix

Trailer link

http://www.twitch.tv/deadly_bison <-- Stream link

I had a list of the teams the players were using but lost it.

Dahbomb

THAT WAS GODLIKE!!!

SPIDER MAN OCV FINISHING OFF WITH THE ANTI-PHOENIX SPIDER MAN TECH!!!! AMAZING!!!!

FIRST MATCH WAS HYPE AS FUCK!! SPIDER MAN KID GOING IN!!!!!

OMFG THAT FINISHER!!! FRANK WEST ANTI-PHOENIX TECHNOLOGY TO FINISH THE SET!!! RAHSAAN IS NOT THE BEST SPIDER MAN PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!! THE SALT SOMETIMES IT MAKES THE DICK STICK!!!!!

Where is the fucking hype in this thread?

Dahbomb

Spider Man Kid with the nerves of steel. That Doom vs Phoenix match was really clutch too.

Didn't know Rahsaan used Frank, I thought his team was Spider Man/Doom/Phoenix.

Technically speaking, the Frank command throw hyper should work because it's the same with the other command throw but no one had seen it yet live until now. I wonder how tight it is timing wise. Good shit. Spider Man anti-tech is old but love it every time I see it.

Dahbomb

Marv didn't seem familiar with the Vergil match up. He didn't seem to know that Vergil can teleport cancel his Helm Breaker and every time he throws one of those out it's a potential mix up. He got hit by that all day and when he figured it out Winrich merely hit him with another mix up (Rapid Slash cross up). He wasn't blocking the standard Vergil mix ups and wasn't playing Vergil at spaces where you should be playing and thus was getting "out footsied". Credit to Winrich because he played that well and outside of a random teleport that got him killed once... he pretty much ran a truck through Marv's team with Vergil single handedly.

Loved Winrich's use of Dark Hole to follow up OTG with Spiral Swords. Eliminated the need for a dedicated OTG assist on that team. Definitely has leveled up his Vergil, I knew day 1 he was a good Vergil play and he was a dedicated Vergil player.

LOL @ FREE-Mix.

ChrisG aka Genius/Grab/Godlike/G-sus vs Moons aka "The Technical One" coming up

Azure J

30centuryman: Chris G always makes you play arcade mode with a bunch of rando teams before you get to the real boss.

So true. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom