• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Crossover Counter Combos by desk.

Yeah I don't see him being a viable anchor for all the reasons you listed. Smart bombs are so easy to avoid too, their effectiveness is pretty limited altogether. Even if he was a decent anchor, comparatively he wouldn't be as effective in the spot as other good anchors.

Yeah he's not a great anchor, but when the first two characters benefit from Unibeam assist his best spot is sometimes last. I play Haggar/Deadpool/Iron Man, I'm not sure what other order I could play those characters in to make it work.

Anth0ny

Those desk crossover counter combos are pretty neat. Sucks that none of my teams have any use for Joe's bomb assist even with that knowledge.

The concept of "crossover counter combos" didn't even enter my mind until I saw that video. Seems really impractical (wastes a meter too), but if someone could pull one off during a match... hype.

The concept of "crossover counter combos" didn't even enter my mind until I saw that video. Seems really impractical (wastes a meter too), but if someone could pull one off during a match... hype.

Yeah, seems mainly for style purposes, which is why I won't touch them for now. There's probably a practical use for them in there somewhere, though.

Cause Arrow Kick is :3

Anyway, I'm still messing around. Team building gets me sidetracked really fast. I really want a Thor/Spencer/Vergil team too, but I dunno if it'll pan out.
Remember when you convinced yourself that you'd stop being a team whore, and stick with Magneto/Sentinel/RR forever from then on? You convinced yourself, but no one else here!

Anyway, I think one of Jill's best features is THCing with a hyper that lets her do mix-ups during lockdown. Million Dollars, etc.

Remember when you convinced yourself that you'd stop being a team whore, and stick with Magneto/Sentinel/RR forever from then on? You convinced yourself, but no one else here!

:-(

But Magneto/Doom/X-23 is so good! And the Wolvie stuff is just for fun! I promise!

I only use Mitsuru in Persona, and Jacky in VF5 but Marvel's broken me ;_;

Azure J

I just got grabbed out of Vajra H for the match during the part where I'm invisibly tracking the opponent to dive kick.

#AllofmyBibleThumps

Yeah, seems mainly for style purposes, which is why I won't touch them for now. There's probably a practical use for them in there somewhere, though.

Invincible/extremely fast cross counter + Joe's bomb waiting in the neutral sounds like stupidity waiting to happen.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Picked the game up again for a while and I can do X-23 and Wesker's combos as well as the day I stopped playing a few weeks ago, so that's good. Unfortunately my WWE Brawlstick is kinda feeling loose and mushy, so I may have to look into another stick, or replacing parts (which I have no idea how to do).

I'll be up for matches later tonight if any non-GB PS3 owners want in on some 1v1.

KWoBG.gif

Fix your connection and we'll play, GB. Panda's connection was pretty much my limit tonight. Any worse than that and I won't bother.

Edit: Also, I completed my first Spiral Swords loop tonight! I think I actually looped 3 in a row once against Panda, and ended in the Lunar Phase for extra damage on the last one to kill. All smart-like and stuff, I feel self-proud. My Vergil is still ass overall, though.

Anyone else want to play a nice, long set?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Karst!

I should have really stuck with Ryu, since the whole point was to get matchup experience vs. Vergil with him, but man I wanted to win some games lol.

Karst do you have any tips for my Ryu? I have no clue what to do against that Vergil. My strategy was to pray you fuck up then pray I don't drop my combo haha.

I didn't want to call out drones to often because I was afraid of the happy birthday, I probably should have just tried it to see what'd happen.

At one point I was mashing dp in between block strings thinking to myself "PLEASE SOMETHING COME OUT PUHLEEASE" lol.

Azure J

So here's something a little funny for anyone playing Dante/Nova (Gravimetric Shield?) against Sousousou. Call Assist & do Twister or Million Carats, instant cancel that into Devil Trigger then TK Vortex in. If you feel like playing the devil's version of Kid Icarus Uprising, go into flight as Dante and chuck Air Play all day.

I wonder if flight mode Air Play + Hidden Missiles is as hilarious to behold as Soul Fist + Missiles.

GGs Karst!

I should have really stuck with Ryu, since the whole point was to get matchup experience vs. Vergil with him, but man I wanted to win some games lol.

Karst do you have any tips for my Ryu? I have no clue what to do against that Vergil. My strategy was to pray you fuck up then pray I don't drop my combo haha.

I didn't want to call out drones to often because I was afraid of the happy birthday, I probably should have just tried it to see what'd happen.

At one point I was mashing dp in between block strings thinking to myself "PLEASE SOMETHING COME OUT PUHLEEASE" lol.
GGs, and fuck Hulk. I didn't swap back to my main team because I knew that Hulk would destroy my main team, too, and it just feels better to lose with a sub team. I know you know what I mean, haha. Hulk should have a slower walk speed...

I thought your Ryu was really good. I think Sentinel is your weak link. I didn't feel very threatened by him. It was better when you pressured me at the start, since with your team pressure leads to pressure. Same with my team, but Ryu has the advantage against Vergil at the start IMO. I was surprised how easy it was for Vergil's s.H and s.S to whiff against Ryu at normal jump height.

Ryu's dp.S has a waaaay larger hitbox than I thought. I've never been hit by it before. I think one time I was like 2 character lengths away and got nailed by it. Really surprising.

I think more drone calls is a good idea. You might also consider doing the Hyper Sentinel Force -> Phantom Dance DHC into XF2 sometimes. Sentinel is kind of hanging out there by his lonesome.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah I've gone back and forth on who gets what spot with Wesker and Sent in the 2nd and 3rd spot.

If Wesker is second I get a worse DHC if I want to kill something and I have to use anchor Sent which I hate, but I get Wesker with drones.

If I put Sent second I can kill something with a DHC and Dark Wesker, but I have to work harder to get a hit with Sent.

So I figure I'd put Sent second so on the off chance I do get a hit, I can get a easy damaging combo with Wesker assist. Also I just suck when I use Wesker with drones. It's probably because I'm used to using Wesker with Vajra which is much easier to protect than stupid Sent.

This would all be much easier if I didn't hate using Sentinel.

Or if my Sentinel didn't suck haha.

Yeah I've gone back and forth on who gets what spot with Wesker and Sent in the 2nd and 3rd spot.

If Wesker is second I get a worse DHC if I want to kill something and I have to use anchor Sent which I hate, but I get Wesker with drones.

If I put Sent second I can kill something with a DHC and Dark Wesker, but I have to work harder to get a hit with Sent.

So I figure I'd put Sent second so on the off chance I do get a hit, I can get a easy damaging combo with Wesker assist. Also I just suck when I use Wesker with drones. It's probably because I'm used to using Wesker with Vajra which is much easier to protect than stupid Sent.

This would all be much easier if I didn't hate using Sentinel.

Or if my Sentinel didn't suck haha.
Oh, you definitely have the right team order. Just consider DHCing Wesker in for XF2 + drones sometimes. Then Sentinel has a purpose.

Also, I guess Dormammu does get something from Vajra. If you call Vajra right when you throw Dark Matter, Vajra connects. Between the wall bounce and the hard knockdown, you have time to get 3 Dark Spells. If you happen to have 1 red stored, you have enough time for 2 reds + 3D0C to OTG into Dark Hole, Chaotic Flame.

Edit: Oh, and Vajra is still BS. I was playing this guy, Xavier, and he would call Vajra while I had him locked down in HS Vergil spam, and Vajra would hit me. -_-

Edit2: Panda, how much does your Ryu bnb do? The one where you power up and end in the hurricane.

Edit3: Why can the average online Strider not kill a character in one combo, but I just found 900K for 1 bar in XF3? Oi

Sometimes you have to take a long journey to wind up back home ^_^

C.Viper/Magneto/Doom
Magneto/Doom/Phoenix
Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix

Wesker/Nemesis/Magneto
Spencer/Wesker/Magneto
Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto
Zero/Magneto/Phoenix
Magneto/Sentinel/Rocket Raccoon
Magneto/Rocket Raccoon/Haggar
Magneto/Doom/X-23

I think that's all my Magneto teams in order, lol

It's amazing how you can play a character for hundreds of hours and learn something new still. Dormammu can in fact get something off of a superjump height hit!

Sometimes you have to take a long journey to wind up back home ^_^

C.Viper/Magneto/Doom
Magneto/Doom/Phoenix
Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix

Wesker/Nemesis/Magneto
Spencer/Wesker/Magneto
Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto
Zero/Magneto/Phoenix
Magneto/Sentinel/Rocket Raccoon
Magneto/Rocket Raccoon/Haggar
Magneto/Doom/X-23

I think that's all my Magneto teams in order, lol
So where is your home?
Whore.

FSLink

Banned
Fix your connection and we'll play, GB. Panda's connection was pretty much my limit tonight. Any worse than that and I won't bother.

Edit: Also, I completed my first Spiral Swords loop tonight! I think I actually looped 3 in a row once against Panda, and ended in the Lunar Phase for extra damage on the last one to kill. All smart-like and stuff, I feel self-proud. My Vergil is still ass overall, though.

Anyone else want to play a nice, long set?

I'll play you. I'm on my PS3 right now.

Darksim

Why can the average online Strider not kill a character in one combo, but I just found 900K for 1 bar in XF3? Oi

He should be doing much more than that. He can do 1.25 mil meterless if you hit a standing opponent. I forget how much he should be doing off grabs, but it's enough to kill 1 mil health characters IIRC.

He should be doing much more than that. He can do 1.25 mil meterless if you hit a standing opponent. I forget how much he should be doing off grabs, but it's enough to kill 1 mil health characters IIRC.
Damn, really? Without Ouroboros, right?

My combo was something like this:
c.LMHS, sj.MMH, qcf.L, j.H, qcf.L, j.MH, qcf.L, s.S, sj.MMHS, qcf.AA

Works from anywhere. What's the 1.25 mil combo, and why don't any Strider players know and use it? Haha.

Hahahahaha.

Also, I don't know if I ever said this, but I'm glad you're back to the old avatar GB. It just feels right.

Edit:
Who do you all think is Jill's best support character? I'm leaning toward Chris for the SMG fire, which is great for getting her in, and him having one of the best hypers for her to dance around during.

shaowebb

Wow Shuma-Goroth is going to take some work to learn lol what have I got myself into?

This is what you have gotten into.

Guy has some dirty stuff with Chaos Dimension on incoming characters. That move and Inferno have to be the two moves I get the most hype for hearing a character do. I think anytime I've seen either done in a crowd on stream the audience generally yells along with them too. I know everyone does for Inferno still.

Also this might help you breakdown the typical corner combo I see used for him.

Marz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom