• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha, that was you? Superb! I didn't even know you used Shuma-Gorath at one point, let alone called yourself the best in "central CA".

I made that before the game came out, lol
I'm still pissed that I won and they didn't post the video on C-U.

My MVC2 team was Ice Man/Shuma Gorath/Captain Commando.

So I feel like I'm missing something on Magneto's midscreen basic fly combo?

cr.l m h s sj j.H adf j.H fly j.L j.H dash H dash H dash H S

right? I'm losing it at the j.L? I am bad at characters that require actual execution.

So I feel like I'm missing something on Magneto's midscreen airdash loop?

right? I'm losing it at the j.L? I am bad at characters that require actual execution.
You want to input the j.H, qcb.S almost like a plink. As fast as you can. Then, until you learn the timing, mash the L to see how long it takes to come out.

So I feel like I'm missing something on Magneto's midscreen basic fly combo?

That's what I do for corner, but mid screen I use J.M instead of J.H after the ADF. Don't really play much Magnus though...

Solune

Which assist? What kind assists/teammates in general does Jill like?

Well recently PR Rog and S-Kill had an exchange where she goes well with a beam assist. I've never built a real team around Jill but Jam Session is great for locking down AND you get Million Dollars THC, which is great because Jill recovers extremely fast from Machine Gun Spray. Chris and Jill also have good synergy between assists and DHCs.

Well recently PR Rog and S-Kill had an exchange where she goes well with a beam assist. I've never built a real team around Jill but Jam Session is great for locking down AND you get Million Dollars THC, which is great because Jill recovers extremely fast from Machine Gun Spray. Chris and Jill also have good synergy between assists and DHCs.
Jill/Chris/Dante would make for a good team.

Darksim

What's the 1.25 mil combo, and why don't any Strider players know and use it? Haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utc88fGS-PE&feature=player_embedded

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhcR_2CaYN8&feature=player_embedded

You can end both combos with Formation A1 > Slide > (Formation A1 now hits), this makes the corner one more than 1.25 and the midscreen one just short of it. I usually don't bother with them because I can kill with abc123shit for much less effort.

In reality most of your hits are going to be airborne, but he still does plenty of damage since he gets to relaunch an extra time on basically every combo thanks to the speed boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utc88fGS-PE&feature=player_embedded

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhcR_2CaYN8&feature=player_embedded

You can end both combos with Formation A1 > Slide > (Formation A1 now hits), this makes the corner one more than 1.25 and the midscreen one just short of it. I usually don't bother with them because I can kill with abc123shit for much less effort.

In reality most of your hits are going to be airborne, but he still does plenty of damage since he gets to relaunch an extra time on basically every combo thanks to the speed boost.
Oooo, pretty. I'd like to see what those do with realistic hit confirms, though. Nothing is more loathsome than a combo starting with j.S into s.H or something similar. I'm sure they still do stellar damage, of course.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's like saying "all hypers scale on a per character basis, except for <lists every level 3>". Obviously some moves just don't scale.
That's what I'm asking though.. does it scale or does it not?

EDIT: Okay I see what you mean, things don't scale "very little." But I'm still curious whether it does or not.

That's what I'm asking though.. does it scale or does it not?

EDIT: Okay I see what you mean, things don't scale "very little." But I'm still curious whether it does or not.
Yeah, it scales. It's just like Vergil's specials. It hits a lot in a very short amount of time, so the minimal damage scaling doesn't impact the move as much.

Not as hard as in Vanilla...stupid one frame links needed to hit armor piercer and finish your combos were nearly impossible online.
No sympathy for Spencer. One of the most brain dead characters in this game. Everyone calls for nerfs to Wesker's gunshot to teleport into full combos, but no one cares that Spencer's zip line forward gives him a full combo against a jumping opponent if it hits - oi.

The thing I hate about Spencer is that he has the best reset assist in the game while also having the highest damage output. It makes no sense to use the assist when he's so good on point.
Everyone calls for nerfs to Wesker's gunshot to teleport into full combos

I wonder, if Capcom listened to the fans...

FANS - "Hey Capcom! Don't nerf characters, bring up the lower tiers!"
CAPCOM - sees that gunshot is unfair, gives spinning knockdown to ryu's fireballs

CAPCOM - sees that gunshot is unfair, gives spinning knockdown to ryu's fireballs
Meter stealing on Morrigan's normal Soul Fists, please. Or Soul Drain as an assist. :-D

shaowebb

Meter stealing on Morrigan's normal Soul Fists, please. Or Soul Drain as an assist. :-D

Crumple on Mighty Spark.

Iron Fist gets a roll and Wall of K'un Lun/Rising Dragon no longer require other Rekka's before you can access them.

Manlypocalypse

Hell just those last two would settle me. They start beam spam and I'll just time rising dragon to put me over it. They ever try to jump I put a foot in their chest. Full screen AA game would probably be his best option for getting a hit with any horizontal beam user. Just pair him with Magneto and go for rising dragon. You'd either get right in their faces for pressure or score a hit into full combo.

shaowebb

That sounds contrived. Does he roll in the comics?
lol

Sidesteps behind you more than rolls in the comics so I guess it'd need to be more a dash behind like berzerker slash, but without an attack. Still even without that full access at a moment's notice with Rising dragon and a beam assist would be awesome. 90% of the time that move is only seen via assist and its one of his best space cutting tools. Mmmmmmm...beam + rising dragon with no pre-requisite rekkas makes me so happy in imagination land. Imagine the hilarity of someone getting snagged in the air by drones or trish's trap and you just full screen rising dragon their body for the KO during it.
He'd rip his riverdance costume, I imagine.

Naw, but it'd likely fold his collar down during the roll because that thing is popped so high it'd touch the ground the moment he bent over. Iron Fist is not about to unpop his collar for any move. It just ain't stylin' enough if it aint popped till his peripheral vision is gone.

Question for anyone, but Slasher probably knows the answer:
Does Hulk's Gamma Charge anti-air reach maximum superjump height? If not, how close?

Azure J

The thing I hate about Spencer is that he has the best reset assist in the game while also having the highest damage output. It makes no sense to use the assist when he's so good on point.

Crumple on Mighty Spark.

Is it time for the Marvel 3 Koryu discussion part of the Ultimate Marvel 3 Thread Cycle? (The patched version of the Marvel 3 Thread Cycle)

Because I have seen the light and it is called Fireworks as an assist. Dante's dabess.

This should be Dr. Strange's taunt.

Is it time for the Marvel 3 Koryu discussion part of the Ultimate Marvel 3 Thread Cycle? (The patched version of the Marvel 3 Thread Cycle)

Because I have seen the light and it is called Fireworks as an assist. Dante's dabess.
Fireworks as an assist would piss me off, because I fight enough Dante's already. And yes, it's that time in the cycle!

Azure J

Also, Cold Shower hits low. Strider's animals are all first frame active, eat a projectile but keep their hit box. Tiger OTGs. 3 air specials so you can Exalibur everywhere. Viper can Optic Blast cancel everything and gets a Storm like float. Kappa

Weren't his missiles an assist in early vanilla builds?

I'm extremely fascinated whenever I go back and look at old build stuff for a few characters, but this is the first I'm hearing of this.

On a similar note, I got a good chuckle reading some old notes and seeing that at one point, all of Dante's in air QCFs were Hammer. :lol

shaowebb

Dude if you could do that while chasing down bad guys WHY WOULDN"T YOU?!
Hell I'd do that just walking to the bathroom if I could. If Iron Fist is doing that while chasing folks he is about to rise in popularity. Can I trade his wavedash animation for that? I'd just spend the whole match wave dashing. Oh GOD and then it would even have his yell too. :)

Imagine being ran down by a man who popped his collar 2 feet in the air as he does that for a wavedash. So much swag.

Also, Cold Shower hits low. Strider's animals are all first frame active, eat a projectile but keep their hit box. Tiger OTGs. 3 air specials so you can Exalibur everywhere. Viper can Optic Blast cancel everything and gets a Storm like float. Kappa
On a serious note, I wish Storm could still call assists after float-canceling a superjump. It was a really neat feature she had, and didn't seem particularly broken.

shaowebb

Maya no longer has a damage limit and her shield cannot be forced away with attacks. It now stays out and is a bubble encompassing an area all around her the size of Dormammu's black hole.

Morrigan no longer gains meter during astral vision

Spidey swing changed to FWD +H

Sentinel gets a lariat. lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Maya no longer has a damage limit and her shield cannot be forced away with attacks. It now stays out and is a bubble encompassing an area all around her the size of Dormammu's black hole.

I would approved!

Why you gotta nerf Morrigan? -_-

Her meter gain during Astral Vision is super fair. Morrigan isn't even a top character. Hidden Missiles is just stupidly good, and ChrisG is godlike at this game.

Also, shame on you for calling Dark Hole "black hole".

Azure J

Only if it persists on tag out.

shaowebb

If we're talking ridiculous stuff for UMVC3 then I have the most horrifyingly ridiculous thing imaginable for it.Instead of new cast in the form of Black Panther, or Ms. Marvel or someone requested we get an old school left field character who was silly. How silly?

The Blob as a playable.

Why is this ridiculous? Because rather than his old classic Konami look he now looks like THIS.

ZTqDP.jpg

This is the worst thing Capcom could do if they wanted to mess with folks. Imagine the moment when the last character reveal is coming and you are waiting with baited breathe for maybe Gambit or Venom or AntiVenom or someone to pop onto the screen and start getting shown off in a reveal trailer and you are suddenly greated by The Blob's new look and his greasy pierced man nurples and Pig tattoo. The trailer is nothing but him sitting on characters and making bodily noises.

Of any change I can think of none more ridiculous than this. I have done my worst for tonight. Off to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom