• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I don't really see this as a big deal. Players that want to "abuse" this infinite can't rely on it because if they start flipping coins on player sides then they can't rely on in this infinite if they get on the wrong side, which in reality just makes this tech impractical for tournament settings. This does however open up to the notion that there might be other mechanics or exploits that could be one player side only.

In other news there has been a shit ton of drama regarding DmC lately. My youtube channel blew up with all this crap yesterday and I am just finishing looking through all this stuff. I was loling so hard today... the internets are a funny place.

Long story short some guy called RagingRejectTV has taken upon himself to be the representative of the pro-DmC crowd and he started off by posting a video against MainEvent (a very vocal anti-DmC person). MainEvent then got this video and made a 3 part counter video. Names were called, shit got personal and just in general drama everywhere.

Some players already use VJ's bomb assist, though. Like RoyalFlush. If it's already part of your team plan, then it's not a bad thing to know you can abuse this 50% of the time.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/9/12/aftershock-umvc3-match-ups-revealed.html

Interesting match ups for the first round. Sad to see that we will only see combo in the first round. As much as I love the guy, I don't think he will be beating FChamp. I'll still hope he wins.

Honzo and Clock for the mirror match basically. First guy to hit their TAC wins.

Fanatiq vs Yoshi should be a good one. After all that talk Fanatiq has been saying about LLND being the best Chris, will really put this match on blast.

Showstopper vs Infrit. Man if CJ wins this one, we'll never hear the end of it.

Dahbomb

Why don't people do this instead of BBCS combos?
Because DT Vergil doesn't build meter. Also people don't bother learning state specific combos especially with XF because once one of the power up runs out and you don't pick up on it you risk dropping a combo.

BBCS still kills or in the case of Dark Vergil ABCS BBC d+C df+C ...

Zissou

Jill is fun, but you're putting in a lot of work to be good with low-damage technical reset-based character with specific team construction needs. Viper has some of these downsides, and even though she's S tier, people don't put in the effort to learn/play her. It's unfortunate, but not too surprising.

But will anyone actually play her now or will they keep using people that are easier?

Why would that convince anyone? Other than style, it's a 3-bar combo in level three x-factor with no confirm. Look at the non-x-factor version. It's 4 bars and still doesn't kill storm, a low-health character.

If damage was half what it is now in MVC3, Jill would be an awesome character. But as it is, reset characters are getting pushed farther and farther down.

Azure J

Anyone with dat execution want to help me out with something? Does this Strider combo work without X-Factor:

j.H/S - s.MH - f.H - Gram L - Formation B (Shot) - Wall Cling - LM - Excalibur L - s.MHS - j.MMH(delay)S - Formation B - Formation B Shot - Wall Cling - LH - Gram H - (land) - Formation B - Gram L - Formation B Shot - Vajra xx Legion

Dahbomb

FGC: Mad Beast is the worst level three in the game.

10000x10000 resolution Kappa.png goes here. Bitch has solo Wombo Combos.
It's still a bottom 5 LVL3. You don't really need Mad Beast to do easy mode TODs in XF or hard to read mix ups with Jill.

Mad Beast should've been a LVL1. Even as a LVL1 it won't be that powerful because Jill can't block during this.

Tirael

Jill is fun, but you're putting in a lot of work to be good with low-damage technical reset-based character with specific team construction needs. Viper has some of these downsides, and even though she's S tier, people don't put in the effort to learn/play her. It's unfortunate, but not too surprising.

All of this, and why would they make her a DLC character? Same with Shuma, they wanted to test the DLC model, but did it in ABSOLUTELY the WORST way possible.

Azure J

It's still a bottom 5 LVL3. You don't really need Mad Beast to do easy mode TODs in XF or hard to read mix ups with Jill.

Mad Beast should've been a LVL1. Even as a LVL1 it won't be that powerful because Jill can't block during this.

First I'm hearing of this...

Hot damn that is bad.

Darksim

Why don't people do this instead of BBCS combos?

I'm pretty sure you need to delay the H so that they don't touch the ground before the next S. It's not something I really want to do when I can abc > stinger > rapid slash > abcs > c > helm breaker > self OTG stuff > etc. and kill Thor in 3 seconds anyway.

shaowebb

All of this, and why would they make her a DLC character? Same with Shuma, they wanted to test the DLC model, but did it in ABSOLUTELY the WORST way possible.

Pretty much. At least when KOF XIII added 3 DLC characters they made certain each one was damned awesome. Ex Iori with the power of the flames, EX Kyo with his old swagger, and Mr. Karate all have sick house combos and options from anywhere and are viable in any team. Thats how you make DLC thats tempting to pay $5 for. Though after all these DLC things I have to say that I have to agree with Skullgirls and Namco...if it involves cast or affects gameplay it should be free so that everyone can use it and so that everyone is playing the same game.

At least Snk/Playmore made me happy with my purchases :)
<3 all 3.

Marz

Pretty much. At least when KOF XIII added 3 DLC characters they made certain each one was damned awesome. Ex Iori with the power of the flames, EX Kyo with his old swagger, and Mr. Karate all have sick house combos and options from anywhere and are viable in any team. Thats how you make DLC thats tempting to pay $5 for. Though after all these DLC things I have to say that I have to agree with Skullgirls and Namco...if it involves cast or affects gameplay it should be free so that everyone can use it and so that everyone is playing the same game.

At least Snk/Playmore made me happy with my purchases :)
<3 all 3.

Are you trying to say that Shuma-Goroth isn't awesome?

Looks like somebody is gonna be taking a trip to the chaos dimension.

shaowebb

Im saying he isn't top tier or close to it. Awesome levels don't apply. Its just the KOF XIII DLC was all cast that were pretty close to top tier...especially Mr. Karate. Just saying in terms of value SNK showed more than Capcom this time around on DLC characters by far.

He's not a good test of the DLC system.

Putting out Venom + Megaman would have convinced Capcom to put out more DLC content, because it would have sold a ton.

Tobe

Im saying he isn't top tier or close to it. Awesome levels don't apply. Its just the KOF XIII DLC was all cast that were pretty close to top tier...especially Mr. Karate. Just saying in terms of value SNK showed more than Capcom this time around on DLC characters by far.

Fucking Mr. Karate just fuck that guy. who the fuck gives mr karate an invulnerable command grab which fucking tracks? and well its kinda the ultimate OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom