• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't ease of use count into the equation for the character to be a good character? I don't know how good a character is if you have to do put 304023028 hours into him just to be competent.

Well do you want to be the Jon Bones C. Viper or the Rashad Evans Maya Sunee?

Maya Sunee is supposedly her real name.. for ya'll c. viper non-fanclubbers

Azure J

Hmm, what are you looking for as a response to this?

From other players who use similar characters:

- Things that might have been neglected that could be considered 101 level things to know about said characters or have potential for viability even if it hasn't been explored

From those interested in such a "training mode bible"

- Notes on how to make it more readable instead of just my personal notepad copy/pasted here.

From anyone interested in contributing to a character that I haven't put something up for

- Your own take on what's important to train/understand about the character in question from simple things like Blockstrings to specific technicalities of their type (i.e. noting under a hypothetical Dormammu training regimen to practice ADDF/UF in the movement section since they're the fastest methods of flight movement; notes on their good chain combo(s))

Basically, how do you train your character, what do you focus on and (although implied versus being a full writeup), why its important to their particular gameplan.

From other players who use similar characters:

- Things that might have been neglected that could be considered 101 level things to know about said characters or have potential for viability even if it hasn't been explored

From those interested in such a "training mode bible"

- Notes on how to make it more readable instead of just my personal notepad copy/pasted here.

From anyone interested in contributing to a character that I haven't put something up for

- Your own take on what's important to train/understand about the character in question from simple things like Blockstrings to specific technicalities of their type (i.e. noting under a hypothetical Dormammu training regimen to practice ADDF/UF in the movement section since they're the fastest methods of flight movement; notes on their good chain combo(s))

Basically, how do you train your character, what do you focus on and (although implied versus being a full writeup), why its important to their particular gameplan.
What's the end goal of all this?

I can't believe H&H was added at all. Did Capcom really expect people to put a lot of time into a mode where the goal is to be as cheap as possible? That dev time could have went to something more useful like two new characters or a replay mode.
I love H&H mode, and I think it would have blossomed if Capcom gave people a way to have goddamn player matches. I even considered shifting myself to H&H as my main game for a while.

Azure J

What's the end goal of all this?

I was thinking of putting together a text guide to give players that want to learn but might not exploit everything there is to exploit when training themselves beyond execution. It's like one "Training Mode for Dummies" and one part light character basics. Basics in the sense that it's important to their overall game, not necessarily beginner stuff.

This discussion of training regimens has lead me to this question. Who are the top 5 most difficult characters to play well with. Basically the steepest learning curves. I'm talking overall when it comes to execution, movement, knowledge, etc. I think my top 5 in no order would be Dante, Viper, Jill, Morrigan, and Iron Man.

Dahbomb

Viper, Jill, Strange, Rocket Raccoon, Chun Li for my personal top 5. X23, Strider, Iron Man, Dante, Shuma, Ammy, Morrigan, Modok, Joe fall in next.

-My shot at a Dormammu list:
-After an air throw, air dash forward, j.H into jump loops
-Flame Carpet XFC into jump loops or launcher
-Purification OTG into Chaotic Flame
-Dark Matter cancels; particularly into Mass Change M to make it cross-up
-Dark Matter mid-combo cancels
-Flight combos - j.H, fly, j.L link
-Air maneuverability - when to j.L/H/S approach
-j.L, c.L mix-up, especially out of a Mass Change M
-Liberation (air) canceled into hypers while preserving Dark Spells
-Air conversion at superjump height: j.H, j.S, Liberation x Chaotic Flame
-Flame Carpet + assist relaunches
-Flame Carpet + assist corner relaunch timing that allows you to get a Dark Spell
-Flight into ADDF/ADUF movement to get out of bad situations
-Linking 3D0C into Dark Hole
-Relaunching off of 1D2C and 2D1C after launcher-canceling
-Charging 1D1C into Liberation after DHCing into Stalking Flare in some combinations
-XFC Chaotic Flame into full combos either via Dark Matter or Mass Change M
-XFC Dark Hole into full combos via Mass Change H
-XF2/3 Dark Hole loops (same as TAC)
-TAC Dark Hole loop: j.MH, qcb.S, j.LH, qcf.L, j.H, qcf.L, j.S
-Multiple blockstrings for appropriately-sized characters (c.LH, Flame Carpet vs. c.L, s.H, Dark Matter)
-Pushblock into Chaotic Flame punish on poor blockstrings
-Charging two Dark Spells before Dark Dimension

This discussion of training regimens has lead me to this question. Who are the top 5 most difficult characters to play well with. Basically the steepest learning curves. I'm talking overall when it comes to execution, movement, knowledge, etc. I think my top 5 in no order would be Dante, Viper, Jill, Morrigan, and Iron Man.
Jill, Morrigan, Strider, MODOK, Doom

Azure J

Alright Jericho, I'll give a shot at one for Dormammu...how do I make bullet points on GAF?

Honestly, all I did was copy/paste my stuff from Microsoft Word. Dashes work just fine if all else fails! :p

Edit: Good list. I'm adding it to my doc now.

I think Dah's list is best for this although your picks were the ones that came to my mind first as well.

Dahbomb

My personal Iron Man training regimen:

*Cr.H into Unibeam or Repulsar for zoning. Add assist of choice for better coverage.
*Plink dashing on the ground, front and back
*Super jump Unibeam/Smart Bomb Fly Unibeam/Smart Bomb
*Aerial footsies with j.H (all 3 versions) and j.M.
*Learning hit confirmations off of those aerial footsies via fly cancel and dash cancel.
*Protecting space below with air dash down j.S.
*Going for cross ups with super jump ADDF j.S or ADF j.S
*Ground footsies with chainable cr.L and cr.M. Learn to confirm these into KK BnB.
*The Krispy Kreme BnB.
*Block strings using KK. Use fly cancel to negate advance guard, go for j.S over head. Max distance ground confirm into Unibeam xx PC/Avenger.
*Anti air game with st L, st H and Repulsar. Learning confirms off of these.
*Air to air confirms at normal jump height, learn the semi jump loop
*Using cr H into Fly plus assist to approach. From sj height well placed Smart Bombs into ADDF.
*Using ADDF into Smart Bomb for comboing after air throws.
*Using ADDB with jH variants for defensive spacing
*Assist extension with Repulsar Spread for more damage.
*Setting dash under resets with OTG Smart Bombs
*Setting up tick throws with cr l
*Setting up resets with j.L into air dash up/forward or down/forward for high/low mix ups.
*Using jH into ADDF in corners against incoming characters to OS throw with anti push block set up. Use lock down assist for best effect.
*Repulsar Blast for corner cross ups, trap set up with a slow moving assist.
*OS Repulsar with Unibeam for anti teleport tactics
*Comboing off of raw Repulsar Spread using X factor
*ADD into j.L/cr.L for high low mix up
*Fuzzy guard set ups using assists
*Masking visual hit boxes of jH while landing for spacing purposes
*Combo extension via smart bombs after Iron avenger
*Proton Cannon Xf dash up Repulsar xx PC
*Various swag post TAC combos
*Post TAC infinite using aerial smart bomb otg
*Utilizing Repulsar and Unibeam assists, exploiting their special properties

Honestly, all I did was copy/paste my stuff from Microsoft Word. Dashes work just fine if all else fails! :p

Edit: Good list. I'm adding it to my doc now
Add a note about Flame Carpet unblockable setups in there, if you would, as well as snapping characters back after Chaotic Flame in the corner.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hulk:
-Press H
-Don't walk it sucks
-Don't dash that's even worse
-Press H
-Keep H safe with Gamma Charge
-Keep Gamma Charge safe with Gamma Charge 2nd L
-Press j.S, it's like H but in the air
-Pick Drones
-Characters with multi-hitting moves are assholes
-Don't use his Command grab
-Press H
-Don't be so predictable with H

Hulk:
-Press H
-Don't walk it sucks
-Don't dash that's even worse
-Press H
-Keep H safe with Gamma Charge
-Keep Gamma Charge safe with Gamma Charge 2nd L
-Press j.S, it's like H but in the air
-Pick Drones
-Characters with multi-hitting moves are assholes
-Don't use his Command grab
-Press H
-Don't be so predictable with H
I have a 90% chance of losing to this shit.

It should really say "Press f+H", though. The option select is important!

Well do you want to be the Jon Bones C. Viper or the Rashad Evans Maya Sunee?

Maya Sunee is supposedly her real name.. for ya'll c. viper non-fanclubbers

I rather be Jon Bones, but I don't play C.Viper or Iron Man.

I'm lazy.. I pick easy characters. My training mode regimen last about 5-10 minutes max. That's how lazy I am....

shaowebb

Jill, Hsien Ko, Dr. Strange, Captain America, Iron Man

...for me.

Jill, Hsien Ko, Dr. Strange, Captain America, Iron Man

...for me.
I don't get why people say Dr. Strange is hard to play. Unless you're going for FotF loops, he's easy to play. There's a difference between a character being easy to play, though, and a character being good. I've gotten numerous compliments on my Dr. Strange, and I just play him like a shitty Dormammu with an awesome punish move.
Which is what he is.

I guess I'll give it a shot.

*~Viewtiful Joe~*
- Never stop moving.
- Joe's j.S is NOT as fast as it looks. Hulk's standing H can beat it clean if you're not careful.
- Joe can call assists during any of his three jumps. Joe is also great at running away because of those jumps + Red Hot Kick. He's also good at stalling out the clock by super jumping then using Air Joe to hover in the air. This helps with stalling out Astral Vision, but watch out for Doom Missiles.
- Joe Dodge is completely invulnerable to everything except grabs. Don't be afraid to use it if you know your opponent doesn't have a good grab game. Also makes a handy taunt!
- Mach Speed is completely invulnerable for about the first third of its duration (I don't know frames, shut up). If you're on the ground and you think you can beat someone in a hyper combo war and they aren't X-23 (her cutscene hyper has longer invulnerability), Taskmaster (counter super), Akuma with 3 bars (duh) or someone with 2 bars and a Wesker waiting in the wings (double duh), then chances are you can beat them with Mach Speed.
- Learn insta-airdash Voomerangs. If you're worried about losing a projectile war, then do IAD Voomerang and chuck another one as soon as you land. At worst, this trades with Dr. Doom's Plasma Beam and nobody takes damage.
- At full-screen, Joe beats Wesker, Spencer, Vergil and Zero clean and forces them to use meter, do an unsafe teleport/movement, or switch out in order to deal damage or stop you from chucking Voomerangs.
- Always keep in mind which strength Voomerang to use during a fight. This is particularly important against super-jump-happy characters like Haggar and Zero. Charging an M Voomerang does more than charging the L version because it reaches them in the sky quicker.
- You can make Viewtiful Uppers safe by airdashing out of them. This also doubles as a mixup, but can get you airthrown if you become predictable trying to airdash behind them.
- Joe is a terrible anchor, but he can loop jump S into Red Hot Kick H a few times in XF3 for great damage.
- Each version of Air Joe (mash a button in the air) does the same thing, more or less. The only differences are that each version adds an extra hit and becomes a tad slower. Air Joe H is the slowest, but the final hit keeps the opponent in hitstun long enough to get a Six Machine Cannon blast at the end, even factoring in hitstun deterioration. Learn when each version ends so you can adjust combos accordingly. You can also start with one version of Air Joe and continue it into a different version. The speed differences tend to mess up combos, so it's not really wise to do this unless it's L to M.
- Sample BnB combo: Viewtiful Upper M > air M > jump, MHS, cancel the first or second hit into Red Hot Kick H > land, S > MMH > jump, MMH > Jump, MH > Red Hot Kick M > Six Machine Cannon. Depending on if you have an OTG assist, you can change the Red Hot Kick into an Air Joe M and end the combo with S, then OTG assist into Slow.
- End combos with Slow whenever possible. Joe doesn't do a ton of damage by himself; he has a solo combo which costs 2 bars and does nearly 900k, but hit-stun deterioration kicks in early so it's only useful for style points. No, I'm not going to list it. Fuck style. Yes, I know it's dumb to say that considering how Joe acts. I don't care.
- Speaking of Slow, learn his Slow loop: Slow > forward+M OR cr.H > S > j.H > Red Hot Kick L > Red Hot Kick M > Red Hot Kick H. Repeat from standing S 2 more times, then hit them with Slow again as they fall. The combo builds exactly one bar and does 600k+ damage. As long as you can get the mixup after Slow ends, you can keep the loop going for as long as they live.
- For whatever reason, people will hard tag after you hit them with Slow since it beats the mixup. If you can see it coming, hit them with Slow again. YMMV on this one, but it happens to me ALL the time.

...I guess this is more of a guideline than an actual training regimen, but whatever, I'm tired.

Marz

Yea that training regimen Doc. would be awesome for somebody like me who is new to the game and doesn't really know what to practice except for combos off youtube.

FSLink

Banned
Phoenix Wright:

- Practice air knockdown->switch to Trial Mode->super
- Optionally, Judge super -> XF - > magic series -> switch to trial -> another trial super. Wright has a great damage boost even in XF1 and 2 so this kills most of the cast just by itself and it's pretty easy to do
- Practice plinking evidence grab with calling Maya shield/slide
- Turnabout kill combos in XF and without
- Double cellphone in turnabout, cross under after snapping/killing a character.
- Practice forward air/ground grab in corner to full combo
- Practice forward grab mid-screen in Turnabout to full combo
- Do dash up s.S instead of j.H to preserve ground bounce in Turnabout combos, learn his (ground series to s.S) j.M j.H Objection relaunch j.M j.H Objection loop to stun and continue the combo.
- Learn to block freaking everything, so you can put up Maya Shield safely.
- Learn what Maya Shield can absorb, and know that the opponent can grab Wright or teleport/air dash to the space between Maya and Phoenix to push him out of the invincibility...learn that s.L rocks against beating this. On a similar note, s.L is an awesome anti-air.
- Test out different THCs to either make easy evidence grabs or to confirm into Objection (in some cases both works...Dante's super is godlike for this if you read the opponent pressing a button)

I can do more characters and add onto this later but tired. lol

Magneto training regimen in order of importance:

1. practice forward/backwards wavedashing
  2. practice aerial wavedashing
  3. practice 2LL xx hit confirms against random block
  4. practice 5A anti-air confirms against common jump ins
  5. practice trijump jL/2L
  6. practice jH crossups
  7. practice air to air confirms from super jump height and normal jump height
  8. practice universal BnB with 0/1/2 assists on both sides and midscreen
  9. practice TAC reset timing looped into BnB and back
  10. practice team-specific setups(missile lockdown to x-23 assist unblockable, incoming mixups, post-throw unblockable reset, etc)
  11. practice punishes against common assists

Frantic

Tried to write up what I could remember of the Viper and Strider training list but didn't get too much. Keep in mind my own level with the characters when you see this though. Here you go:

Things I would add to the Strider one:

-Instant overhead j.L > Excalibur L from a neutral stance, from a dash, against some crouching opponents, and using the blockstun from Orbs/Formations/Excalibur to set up self fuzzy guards. Bonus points if you can combo it twice in a row.

-Tick Throw setups. Strider's ground throw range is really far, and considering he can get a full follow up, I recommend learning how to set them up(hell, Strider can do a dash up s.L/cr.L one to three times in a row and still be in range for a ground throw, no walk up required. It's almost like a command grab). Also recommend learning how to dash cancel into a throw properly. It's just dash, crouch, neutral, ground throw, but it's not that easy to do consistently.

-Formation B or Wall Cling vs XFC. Formation B is 2 frames, just like Snapback, meaning on XFC you can use it as a counter to nearly any button and generally be able to follow up for a combo. Wall Cling is, to my knowledge, airborne on frame 1, meaning command throws/grabs whiff. Less of a training thing and more just something to know.

-Combo after a ground throw. Namely Formation B > Wall Cling combo off it. It's tight to land the Formation B without a dash, but you get more potential damage off it than otherwise.

-Formation B > Formation B(Shot) repeatedly, so you don't mess it up in an actual match.

-General incoming mixups using Formation A2 and Formation C.

That's all I can think of, at the moment. I'm sure there's more, but I'm just forgetting them.

rexor0717

Tried to write up what I could remember of the Viper and Strider training list but didn't get too much. Keep in mind my own level with the characters when you see this though. Here you go:

I hope this at least sparks some interest.

Things I would add to the Strider one:

-Instant overhead j.L > Excalibur L from a neutral stance, from a dash, against some crouching opponents, and using the blockstun from Orbs/Formations/Excalibur to set up self fuzzy guards. Bonus points if you can combo it twice in a row.

-Tick Throw setups. Strider's ground throw range is really far, and considering he can get a full follow up, I recommend learning how to set them up(hell, Strider can do a dash up s.L/cr.L one to three times in a row and still be in range for a ground throw, no walk up required. It's almost like a command grab). Also recommend learning how to dash cancel into a throw properly. It's just dash, crouch, neutral, ground throw, but it's not that easy to do consistently.

-Formation B or Wall Cling vs XFC. Formation B is 2 frames, just like Snapback, meaning on XFC you can use it as a counter to nearly any button and generally be able to follow up for a combo. Wall Cling is, to my knowledge, airborne on frame 1, meaning command throws/grabs whiff. Less of a training thing and more just something to know.

-Combo after a ground throw. Namely Formation B > Wall Cling combo off it. It's tight to land the Formation B without a dash, but you get more potential damage off it than otherwise.

-Formation B > Formation B(Shot) repeatedly, so you don't mess it up in an actual match.

-General incoming mixups using Formation A2 and Formation C.

That's all I can think of, at the moment. I'm sure there's more, but I'm just forgetting them.

Thanks for this. I've been trying to learn Strider. He is super fun to play, but my so far my ability to use him is pretty lacking.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
My personal Iron Man training regimen:

*Cr.H into Unibeam or Repulsar for zoning. Add assist of choice for better coverage.
*Plink dashing on the ground, front and back
*Super jump Unibeam/Smart Bomb Fly Unibeam/Smart Bomb
*Aerial footsies with j.H (all 3 versions) and j.M.
*Learning hit confirmations off of those aerial footsies via fly cancel and dash cancel.
*Protecting space below with air dash down j.S.
*Going for cross ups with super jump ADDF j.S or ADF j.S
*Ground footsies with chainable cr.L and cr.M. Learn to confirm these into KK BnB.
*The Krispy Kreme BnB.
*Block strings using KK. Use fly cancel to negate advance guard, go for j.S over head. Max distance ground confirm into Unibeam xx PC/Avenger.
*Anti air game with st L, st H and Repulsar. Learning confirms off of these.
*Air to air confirms at normal jump height, learn the semi jump loop
*Using cr H into Fly plus assist to approach. From sj height well placed Smart Bombs into ADDF.
*Using ADDF into Smart Bomb for comboing after air throws.
*Using ADDB with jH variants for defensive spacing
*Assist extension with Repulsar Spread for more damage.
*Setting dash under resets with OTG Smart Bombs
*Setting up tick throws with cr l
*Setting up resets with j.L into air dash up/forward or down/forward for high/low mix ups.
*Using jH into ADDF in corners against incoming characters to OS throw with anti push block set up. Use lock down assist for best effect.
*Repulsar Blast for corner cross ups, trap set up with a slow moving assist.
*OS Repulsar with Unibeam for anti teleport tactics
*Comboing off of raw Repulsar Spread using X factor
*ADD into j.L/cr.L for high low mix up
*Fuzzy guard set ups using assists
*Masking visual hit boxes of jH while landing for spacing purposes
*Combo extension via smart bombs after Iron avenger
*Proton Cannon Xf dash up Repulsar xx PC
*Various swag post TAC combos
*Post TAC infinite using aerial smart bomb otg
*Utilizing Repulsar and Unibeam assists, exploiting their special properties

This is a fantastic list. I'm probably gonna copy paste it into notepad and use it for training mode. Kudos man.

I think comboing off a midscreen Repulsor Spread using dash L Smart Bombs, dash c.M, s.H, S, air series is more viable than Iron Man players realize, you just need to learn to time the spread properly. Its usually 4 or 5 hits, it can be a bit wonky depending on if you catch them anti-air. In real matches I land it all the time, and I'm usually not minding the number of time RB hits, so I think its pretty viable. 560-580k off one bar and a little over 850k with 3 bars, and able to dash up and do H Smart Bombs xx Proton Cannon to get over 1.1 million. That's off L or M Repulsor Blast, H is too slow to be viable outside of combos (although its GREAT in combos). The timing is more or less the same with each strength I've found, just spread when they are behind Iron Man's head to make them recoil close enough to get hit by L Smart Bombs OTG.

Something I've always wondering is if Iron Man can do Unibeam or Repulsor Spread xx Iron Avenger, land, double dash up and do L Smart Bombs, c.M, S into a really long air combo to build bar before spiking and doing an H Smart Bomb OTG. There isn't much hitstun at that point, and I know you can easily get c.M, S air series. Its something I'll play around with when I get some free time.

Dahbomb

This is a fantastic list. I'm probably gonna copy paste it into notepad and use it for training mode. Kudos man.

I think comboing off a midscreen Repulsor Spread using dash L Smart Bombs, dash c.M, s.H, S, air series is more viable than Iron Man players realize, you just need to learn to time the spread properly. Its usually 4 or 5 hits, it can be a bit wonky depending on if you catch them anti-air. In real matches I land it all the time, and I'm usually not minding the number of time RB hits, so I think its pretty viable. 560-580k off one bar and a little over 850k with 3 bars, and able to dash up and do H Smart Bombs xx Proton Cannon to get over 1.1 million. That's off L or M Repulsor Blast, H is too slow to be viable outside of combos (although its GREAT in combos). The timing is more or less the same with each strength I've found, just spread when they are behind Iron Man's head to make them recoil close enough to get hit by L Smart Bombs OTG.
See I have been trying to do that since launch. On paper this should be possible but it's very finnicky. I always go for it near a corner but mid screen I just don't have the timing down. These tips are helpful though, just might be the break through I need.

Something I've always wondering is if Iron Man can do Unibeam or Repulsor Spread xx Iron Avenger, land, double dash up and do L Smart Bombs, c.M, S into a really long air combo to build bar before spiking and doing an H Smart Bomb OTG. There isn't much hitstun at that point, and I know you can easily get c.M, S air series. Its something I'll play around with when I get some free time.
He can do this for sure. Players have done this in tournaments. But hit stun is also time dependent so I don't know if a long combo would be possible after it.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
See I have been trying to do that since launch. On paper this should be possible but it's very finnicky. I always go for it near a corner but mid screen I just don't have the timing down. These tips are helpful though, just might be the break through I need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NpH2s57R5w

Here's a video of it. Very easy once you get the hang of it. The key is to do L Smart Bombs ASAP during his dash (which is frame 11), dash, then hit c.M, s.H as soon as possible again to pick them back up. Timing changes slightly off anti-air Repulsor Blast but if you always wait for 5 hits like in that video before cancelling into Spread you should be good, worse case scenario L Smart Bombs recovers and you don't get an OTG but are still completely safe while your opponent recovers.

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NpH2s57R5w

Here's a video of it. Very easy once you get the hang of it. The key is to do L Smart Bombs ASAP during his dash (which is frame 11), dash, then hit c.M, s.H as soon as possible again to pick them back up. Timing changes slightly off anti-air Repulsor Blast but if you always wait for 5 hits like in that video before cancelling into Spread you should be good, worse case scenario L Smart Bombs recovers and you don't get an OTG but are still completely safe while your opponent recovers.
Damn I never really tried it with the, opponent behind you like that nor did I think about dashing up after a smart bomb. You learn something new everyday with the game.

Azure J

Damn I never really tried it with the, opponent behind you like that nor did I think about dashing up after a smart bomb. You learn something new everyday with the game.

Probably the reason why I can never not play it even if ti just amounts to me idling in the lab during the day. Like, I just found out Prop Shredder after a Hammer confirm does in fact work, and combining that with Acid Rain loops works mid screen (thanks Darksim for the dash up Dante BnBs from a while back).

I'd never recommend it when Dante gets stupid damage from optimized combos off a Hammer, but its good to know for meter building purposes.

Hey guys, want to hear a joke?

A tournament with gold Hsien-ko banned, zoning/"spamming" banned, forced random select for the first match, single elimination, and with only one setup that literally lags as bad as <3 bar online matches. Hahahaha.

God today's tourney sucked ass. What sucked even worse was that this week's ranbat was cancelled because of said tourney.

FSLink

Banned
Hey guys, want to hear a joke?

A tournament with gold Hsien-ko banned, zoning/"spamming" banned, forced random select for the first match, single elimination, and with only one setup that literally lags as bad as <3 bar online matches. Hahahaha.

God today's tourney sucked ass. What sucked even worse was that this week's ranbat was cancelled because of said tourney.

ahahaha. If I was at that tourney I'd check to see if the games were patched. Rock the invincible Phoenix Wright assist and just rush down (since you can't zone with those dumb rules).

Dahbomb

Thank god someone else picked up the Seth Killian quote from Vanilla Marvel. I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

Seth said Vanilla Dante was "mid" tier in Capcom's on internal lists. What a bunch of BS that was, I knew that was messed up. Good thing they corrected their tier list and corrected Dante accordingly.

Oh and invincible completely safe Hammer.

Thank god someone else picked up the Seth Killian quote from Vanilla Marvel. I was beginning to think I was imagining it.

Seth said Vanilla Dante was "mid" tier in Capcom's on internal lists. What a bunch of BS that was, I knew that was messed up. Good thing they corrected their tier list and corrected Dante accordingly.

Oh and invincible completely safe Hammer.
He has no solo mix-ups, automatic mid tier!

Nerf Sentinel's health, he's a monster at 1.3 million!

Give Zero buffs!

Nerf Tron!

Remove Wright's invincible assists!

Put another DMC character in the game!

It's amazing that the game is so balanced.

He has no solo mix-ups, automatic mid tier!

Nerf Sentinel's health, he's a monster at 1.3 million!

Give Zero buffs!

Nerf Tron!

Remove Wright's invincible assists!

Put another DMC character in the game!

It's amazing that the game is so balanced.

Still more balance than MVC2.... I'm calling it right now but MVC won't be "balance" until like MVC 15.

Dahbomb

It's easy to just concentrate on what Capcom did wrong in terms of balancing when they did more right. For every bad change they made to the game, they made 10 good ones. I was just pointing out how Seth should NEVER put out Capcom's internal tier list to defend character worth. Seth also said Vergil was NOT top tier and PW was godlike... yea ok.

And Vergil was a heavily requested character so it was either that or deal with more hate because they didn't include a requested character. Much better than including a 4th RE character IMO.

Still more balance than MVC2.... I'm calling it right now but MVC won't be "balance" until like MVC 15.
Marvel is never going to be "balanced" and the day it is, then it will be a boring ass game that no one would play. Only way that's possible is through multiple patches yearly until it gets to the point where every character is viable... yet still super cheap in what they are best at. The most balanced Marvel game is either this Marvel or Marvel Super Heroes. MSH just had a lot less characters plus gems so it was like whatever. I guess that isn't a MVC game but I count them all personally. If looking strictly at just MVC games (MVC1, MVC2, MVC3 and UMVC3) UMVC3 is the paragon of balance in the series.

Frantic

Vanilla Dante was some serious bullshit and is probably one of the most broken characters in a fighting game ever. Even though I hate fighting against Vergil, I try not to complain too much since I played vanilla Dante.

Sometimes I imagine Vanilla Dante/Vanilla Lariat/Vajra. Would be so dumb.

It's easy to just concentrate on what Capcom did wrong in terms of balancing when they did more right. For ever bad change they made to the game, they made 10 better ones. I was just pointing out how Seth should NEVER put out Capcom's internal tier list to defend character worth. Seth also said Vergil was NOT top tier and PW was godlike... yea ok.

And Vergil was a heavily requested character so it was either that or deal with more hate because they didn't include a requested character. Much better than including a 4th RE character IMO.
I was joking about Vergil. I'm glad he's in, since he kind of completes my team like no other character can. Plus he's my preferred playstyle I use in fighting games.

My list of incredulities was about how it's amazing that, even with so many clearly poor decisions, the game did turn out well overall.

Seth's comment on PW was that Capcom's team wasn't sure whether he's "absolutely terrible or godlike".

Azure J

Vanilla Dante was some serious bullshit and is probably one of the most broken characters in a fighting game ever. Even though I hate fighting against Vergil, I try not to complain too much since I played vanilla Dante.

Sometimes I imagine Vanilla Dante/Vanilla Lariat/Vajra. Would be so dumb.

Vanilla Dante/Amaterasu/Strider would be my favorite team ever, especially if I ccould have Vanilla assist rules. Cold Star not scaling/adding to HSD... Kreygasm

In terms of cheap shit? Ultimate Viper/Vanilla Dante/Strider wins outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom