• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirael

Ooooooooooh...
Iceburn for Noah.

Hey, before I read the next post, I had already assembled that exact team in my head for unrelated reasons. It's just coincidental that it's also Noah's team.

Also, it's a good thing X isn't in the game, because if he was, what would you guys do for placeholders when asking about team composition? = D

Azure J

Hey, before I read the next post, I had already assembled that exact team in my head for unrelated reasons. It's just coincidental that it's also Noah's team.

Also, it's a good thing X isn't in the game, because if he was, what would you guys do for placeholders when asking about team composition? = D

I would main the fuck out of X/Dante/Hsien-Ko and give no fucks doing so.

Easy enough. X users type "MMX".

Every once in a while I encounter an X-23 user who just lists her as "X". Annoys me.

Solune

small x for interchangeable characters. Big X for MMX. If X was in this game I'd definitely pair him with Chris/Dante.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3eVkw1E2DE&feature=player_embedded

The Yipes "call out" video.

Post your 8v8 WC vs EC picks. Justin Marvelous Wong can be on either teams (but not both obviously). In my version JWong would be on WC as it's "current" status that matters. Also the whole coast includes the Northwest for the WC and Florida for EC.

WC:

FChamp (Captain)
Justin Wong
Combofiend
Infrit
Fanatiq
Viscant
PRBalrog
HonzoGonzo (team mascot)

Replace Gonzo with one of the Norcals DrewGrimey, Padtrick or KBeast if necessary. I would pick DrewGrimey because I feel all 3 of his characters are major threats and WC needs the threat of the 3 main Norcal characters Viper, Vergil and Strider.

EC:

ChrisG (Captain)
Yipes
MarlinPie
Flocker
Moonz
RayRay
Noel Brown
Sanford (team mascot)

Replace Sanford with one of the Haggar players like TA Predator or Bum if necessary. DJHoushen would be a good pick although I don't know where he is lately.
Came in to post this. Love Yipes lol

shaowebb

Plus furries.

I can draw some furry variants of teams. Jay Naylor or Jolly Jack style?

EDIT: Hmm...you know before I do something like that maybe I should contact and expert on it. Let me contact Ookami-kun and see what he likes to make certain this pleases all of you.

Tirael

I can draw some furry variants of teams. Jay Naylor or Jolly Jack style?

EDIT: Hmm...you know before I do something like that maybe I should contact and expert on it. Let me contact Ookami-kun and see what he likes to make certain this pleases all of you.

I LOVE Jollyjack!

Because he's hilarious!

Now draw a furry version of my team. I run Ammy/Rocket Raccoon/Felicia.

shaowebb

rEscz.jpg

I LOVE Jollyjack!

Because he's hilarious!

To be honest I don't really care if some one is into fur or not. Those two are pretty legit artists. Jolly Jack used to work for Rare apparently.

But hey if you don't want anthro fanart time s'cool. I was looking forward to trying to draw an anthro version of Rocket Raccoon. Kind of curious what he'd like like as a bipedal talking animal person.
Now draw a furry version of my team. I run Ammy/Rocket Raccoon/Felicia.
Well, its easier than Hulk/Shuma/Nemesis at least.

Magus said Zero beats Vergil but for me it's a hard matchup. I can stay in the air and fish for buster shots, but if he's patient they're not going to hit, and if he has Vajra it's not really an option. So how do you get in on the Yamato? Or do you just chip him and run away forever?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
rEscz.jpg

To be honest I don't really care if some one is into fur or not. Those two are pretty legit artists. Jolly Jack used to work for Rare apparently.

But hey if you don't want anthro fanart time s'cool. I was looking forward to trying to draw an anthro version of Rocket Raccoon. Kind of curious what he'd like like as a bipedal talking animal person.

That explained a lot about their games often have animal characters, except Jet Gemini Force and Perfect Dark. (Well there are aliens)

mr. puppy

Banned
Alright I've almost never played sentinel except when I was trying out Knives' team, time to learn some dronnnnnnes.

Think I'll start Mags/Skrull/Sentinel and move on from there. Dunno how well it works but fuckit.

Alright I've almost never played sentinel except when I was trying out Knives' team, time to learn some dronnnnnnes.

Think I'll start Mags/Skrull/Sentinel and move on from there. Dunno how well it works but fuckit.
It's a good team, but Firebrand/Skrull/Sentinel is fantastic.

mr. puppy

Banned
It's a good team, but Firebrand/Skrull/Sentinel is fantastic.

maybe, but I really don't like teams that have 1 assist. Even though snapping in Sentinel isn't the best strategy since you have hard drive, if that character is in the game that team turns to complete crap. I also find that I have a really really hard time protecting Sentinel with Firebrand.

maybe, but I really don't like teams that have 1 assist. Even though snapping in Sentinel isn't the best strategy since you have hard drive, if that character is in the game that team turns to complete crap. I also find that I have a really really hard time protecting Sentinel with Firebrand.
Tenderizer gives Firebrand the 300% loop.

If Sentinel has to be in, Hyper Sentinel Force -> whatever to swap the team back.

To protect Sentinel, call him, superjump, qcb.M, j.H. It's really hard to handle.

mr. puppy

Banned
Tenderizer gives Firebrand the 300% loop.

If Sentinel has to be in, Hyper Sentinel Force -> whatever to swap the team back.

To protect Sentinel, call him, superjump, qcb.M, j.H. It's really hard to handle.

I can never get that 300% to work. Too many times people fall out, or it gets fucked up, or just a number of things. maybe i just gotta grind it for awhile....i've been too used to jam session for all of my mixups, and really never use the unblockable.

I can never get that 300% to work. Too many times people fall out, or it gets fucked up, or just a number of things. maybe i just gotta grind it for awhile....i've been too used to jam session for all of my mixups, and really never use the unblockable.
How much damage does Firebrand get off of Jam Session on hit? I imagine you barely break 300K for 1 bar.

mr. puppy

Banned
How much damage does Firebrand get off of Jam Session on hit? I imagine you barely break 300K for 1 bar.

the firebrand/dante dhc is not great....I tend to use task's arrows for all of my firebrand neutral, and jam session for incomings.

That team is idiotic

Even if you keep Firebrand from murdering your entire team, XF2 Skrull with Drones is right behind him which is like the definition of YOLO.

well we officially have the worst post of this thread. calling a team idiotic, assuming firebrand is going to murder anything, and 'YOLO'

Darksim

well we officially have the worst post of this thread. calling a team idiotic, assuming firebrand is going to murder anything, and 'YOLO'

In this game idiotic is a compliment

We have video proof that Firebrand can murder teams

Hate the YOLO all you want, I don't think anything encompasses "Just Do It" as well as Dark Skrull with Drones

That was secretly the best post of this thread.

That team is idiotic

Even if you keep Firebrand from murdering your entire team, XF2 Skrull with Drones is right behind him which is like the definition of YOLO.
Damn straight! I've been thinking about writing a series of articles for IPW about "the best teams no one plays". This would undoubtedly be my first one.

Plus, Skrull has that super easy 1 frame tick throw that no one ever uses for some reason.

the firebrand/dante dhc is not great....I tend to use task's arrows for all of my firebrand neutral, and jam session for incomings.
How much does your Firebrand bnb do off of Jam Session?

How is he wrong?

Dahbomb

Yeah I see nothing wrong with that team. I will add that Firebrand/IM/Sentinel is a completely legit team. Infinites, raw tag combos, mix ups, unblockables.

Firebrand plus Drones is a menace.

Could've done without the YOLO though...

Azure J

I'm trying to put up a proof of concept thing for dealing with MorriDoom (guest starting Vergil/GTFO type assist) using Dante solo and Dante + Vajra. Problem is, I fucking suck today. :lol

It's basically a combination of two techs, namely my old love of Twister/Million Carats to clear projectiles and Karst's love of TK'd Vortex. Idea is Million Carats/Twister xx Devil Trigger -> TK Vortex. The most important note is determining when to use Twister or Carats. Twister is for multiple projectiles a la Soul Fists + Missiles, Carats is for dealing with the GTFO assist and a projectile enough to make room for the Vortex.

Edit: I wonder if Crystal alone is good enough for dealing with the GTFO guy too...

Assist call before the Carats/Twister add layers upon this. My assist of choice is of course Strider on Vajra.

I wanted to reply to this video showing some Viper stall tactics to maneuver around the Hidden Temple and also because I felt like making a video after a long time spent not doing so. :p

Frantic

I'm trying to put up a proof of concept thing for dealing with MorriDoom (guest starting Vergil/GTFO type assist) using Dante solo and Dante + Vajra. Problem is, I fucking suck today. :lol

It's basically a combination of two techs, namely my old love of Twister/Million Carats to clear projectiles and Karst's love of TK'd Vortex. Idea is Million Carats/Twister xx Devil Trigger -> TK Vortex. The most important note is determining when to use Twister or Carats. Twister is for multiple projectiles a la Soul Fists + Missiles, Carats is for dealing with the GTFO assist and a projectile enough to make room for the Vortex.

Edit: I wonder if Crystal alone is good enough for dealing with the GTFO guy too...

Assist call before the Carats/Twister add layers upon this. My assist of choice is of course Strider on Vajra.

I wanted to reply to this video showing some Viper stall tactics to maneuver around the Hidden Temple and also because I felt like making a video after a long time spent not doing so. :p
I always liked using DT to triple jump and delay with Lightning Bolt/Rain Storm, get hit by the missiles to reset my air actions(and be able to call assists), then triple jump again, delaying with Lightning Bolt/Vortex a couple times, then flying. If Missiles come again, get hit again to reset air actions, then double/triple jump, and come down with a j.S > Air Play. Morrigan can't reach those heights by herself(well, she might be able to if she does super jump > Shadow Blade H > flight > Soul Fist, but it's not enough to really get the meter she needs for more Astral Visions), and the missiles don't do enough damage to Dante(especially since Dante will regen red health in DT)/build enough meter to maintain Astral Vision alone.

Dante has more problems against MorriDoom's rushdown, to be honest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvVTn2zafyA

Warning: Godly nostalgic feelings ahead

If you remember this blowing your face off in hype... then you are awesome.
The original teaser sold me. Just the 3D model of Ryu doing the Shinku hadouken.

Mad fucking hype. I came to school the next day and showed my friends the video on my phone and they didn't believe that shit until went home and saw it themselves.

Group crying session next day.

Azure J

The original teaser sold me. Just the 3D model of Ryu doing the Shinku hadouken.

Mad fucking hype. I came to school the next day and showed my friends the video on my phone and they didn't believe that shit until went home and saw it themselves.

Group crying session next day.

Oh yeah, the ending Shinkuu was amaaazing to me. I don't even remember why. Also, as a lite Dr. Strange fan, seeing the ending with Dormammu raining shit from the sky made me think "HOLY SHIT".

I literally thought he was this game's boss, his canon is wild as shit. :lol

Dahbomb

More like group fanwank session the next day.

All I could think of when watching the trailer:

"Ryu Shinkuu Hadoukening Wolverine's Jaw...

Dante and Deadpool shooting bullets at each other's bodies because both of them can take it...

Iron Man being swag...

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 IS ACTUALLY REAL!

IS THIS REAL LIFE????
"

Azure J

The air action thing is definitely something I didn't realize until that video though, I thought there was always a hard limit on these things. Cool stuff all around here though.

As for the latter, I feel like Dante has "problems" against rush down with missiles in general.

Speaking of hearing about Marvel 3....

I'm still salty no Psylocke, Captain commando, Cyclops, and Cable in Marvel 3.

How the fuck you take away the three best assist and the mother fucker with the AHVB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom