• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Still more balance than MVC2.... I'm calling it right now but MVC won't be "balance" until like MVC 15.

They could always incorporate roll mechanics and an HD gauge timer to combos :kappa:

Serious talk though KOF XIII is pretty damned awesome on balance. Even top tier don't get it for free. Everyone is pretty viable.

FSLink

Banned
Seth's comment on PW was that Capcom's team wasn't sure whether he's "absolutely terrible or godlike".

I feel like if they didn't remove his invincible assists he'd be absolutely godlike on zoning teams. That early Big Two with Chris G using Wright/Morrigan/Dante was some cheap shit. But now that it's gone, Turnabout mode's weakness of having such a short timer (compared to Frank and Phoenix who have gimmicky mechanics as well but stay in their leveled up modes permanently once there) really hurts him.

I feel like if they didn't remove his invincible assists he'd be absolutely godlike on zoning teams. That early Big Two with Chris G using Wright/Morrigan/Dante was some cheap shit. But now that it's gone, Turnabout mode's weakness of having such a short timer (compared to Frank and Phoenix who have gimmicky mechanics as well but stay in their leveled up modes permanently once there) really hurts him.
Hahaha, Turnabout Mode lasts loooong enough. If Slasher gets Turnabout, I burn anything I have to kill Wright because he's a team killer with the timer as it is. The ONLY change Wright needs is bad evidence getting removed. Then he'd be top tier.

FSLink

Banned
Hahaha, Turnabout Mode lasts loooong enough. If Slasher gets Turnabout, I burn anything I have to kill Wright because he's a team killer with the timer as it is. The ONLY change Wright needs is bad evidence getting removed. Then he'd be top tier.

Yeah, that would work too, or at least give bad evidence some sort of use (give bad evidence a lot more durability when he tosses it or have the different items be tossed in slightly different arcs). The timer wouldn't be an issue if he can get back into it a bit easier, but sometimes luck can be really against you, lol.

I just had a glitch where I tridashed with Magneto and he spun around in mid air and crossed up like it was Persona. I wonder if it's because of the extra boost from the ability cards messing with stuff.

I really think there should be a side tournament standard rule set for H&H mode so people can practice.

Timer: 99 seconds
Damage: Lowest

Decks:

Speed-ism

X: Enable Air Dashing, Increase number of jumps
Vile: Enable Dash Canceling Normal Moves at the cost of meter
Black Panther: Increases Movement Speed

Strength-ism
Colossus: Gain Super Armor
Juggernaut: Assists Gain Super Armor
Kaijin no Soki: Increases attack power while on the ground. [Lv. 2]

Support-ism
Astaroth: When your last character is defeated: Your character will return to full health at the cost of 3 HC Gauge bars (one time only). Increased attack power. [Lv. 2]
Fou-Lu: Increases the number of x-factors by 1
Fantastic Four: Gain the ability to call assists even when you are taking damage at the cost of HC Gauge

Azure J

This is not new technology and quite frankly this is an inferior use of resources.

You can combo off Helm Breaker using just Spiral swords or you can combo off HB just using an assist no meter. Using DT like that cuts off your meter gain for a long time.

Quite frankly Vergil + Strider is overrated. Viper + Strider or Dante is the truth.

Viper/Dante/Strider is dabess.

Speaking of which, after seeing a funny thing happen with a delayed Viper assist call, I'm convinced there's a manner to use Viper's Burn Kick assist to save your wall bounce whenever you do Cold Shower - Stinger which opens up a whole new world of combos for Dante. Now if only I could either find the right timing or move to extend the combo with post Viper assist.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So all you OTG masters

If I start an air combo with Cap and switch to Hawkeye during a crossover, I knock whoever down to the ground then try to OTG freeze shot for a relaunch, it doesn't work -_- It hits but it doesn't relaunch.

It's also a thing where if I just do an air combo with Hawkeye with no crossover and relaunch, it works but a hit after the relaunch, the combo is broken.

I'm just trying out freeze shot instead of speed shot for fun. I just find this..broken.

Darksim

Vergil + Strider is overrated.

I don't believe in Vergil/X/Strider, the team is set up to waste XF1 or forgo many potential kills.

I think X/Vergil/Strider (with Dante in front, obviously) is ridiculous. While it seriously runs out of steam once XF2 is gone, for those 15 seconds it might be the most broken thing in the game.

So all you OTG masters

If I start an air combo with Cap and switch to Hawkeye during a crossover, I knock whoever down to the ground then try to OTG freeze shot for a relaunch, it doesn't work -_- It hits but it doesn't relaunch.

It's also a thing where if I just do an air combo with Hawkeye with no crossover and relaunch, it works but a hit after the relaunch, the combo is broken.

I'm just trying out freeze shot instead of speed shot for fun. I just find this..broken.

Are you using more than one ground bounce in each combo? Because that's what freeze shots do and you can only have one of those per combo. Same with wall bounces.

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3eVkw1E2DE&feature=player_embedded

The Yipes "call out" video.

Post your 8v8 WC vs EC picks. Justin Marvelous Wong can be on either teams (but not both obviously). In my version JWong would be on WC as it's "current" status that matters. Also the whole coast includes the Northwest for the WC and Florida for EC.

WC:

FChamp (Captain)
Justin Wong
Combofiend
Infrit
Fanatiq
Viscant
PRBalrog
HonzoGonzo (team mascot)

Replace Gonzo with one of the Norcals DrewGrimey, Padtrick or KBeast if necessary. I would pick DrewGrimey because I feel all 3 of his characters are major threats and WC needs the threat of the 3 main Norcal characters Viper, Vergil and Strider.

EC:

ChrisG (Captain)
Yipes
MarlinPie
Flocker
Moonz
RayRay
Noel Brown
Sanford (team mascot)

Replace Sanford with one of the Haggar players like TA Predator or Bum if necessary. DJHoushen would be a good pick although I don't know where he is lately.

Azure J

This Drew Grimey dude is amazing. Never seen anybody play in that style with Viper.

I find it so weird that no one seems to know who he was when I did even before I picked up Viper. Marlin, KBeast and Drew were always the three names thrown around whenever I asked for Viper footage to watch.

smurfx

get some go again
drew grimey plays on xbox live all the time. i added him a while back. i've only ever played him once though since i don't really like bothering people for games too often.

I find it so weird that no one seems to know who he was when I did even before I picked up Viper. Marlin, KBeast and Drew were always the three names thrown around whenever I asked for Viper footage to watch.

Forward as well...

Drew, and Forward seem to not have much national recognition. While Unknown's viper get more love...

Dahbomb

She can't block during it so anyone who is pressing buttons while just beat out Jill.

Yeah it's a waste of meter to do that much damage for 3 bars. Jill has bnbs that range from 750k-800k so her damage isn't terrible but she lacks hit conversions from sj height and most importantly air throws. Any mix up/reset based character that can't capitalize off of throws is just simply not acceptable in this game.

LOL Marlin Pie practicing infinite in the lab while watching Aftershock....

Is he motivated?

Azure J

LOL Marlin Pie practicing infinite in the lab while watching Aftershock....

Is he motivated?

Based on some tweets he made when Drew took first set, I'd say he is.

I stopped paying close attention to viper players when I dropped her in vanilla.

I gotcha.

I feel like I'm having a bit of a dilemma right now playing this game. It feels like for how I play, the time allotted to my play and my inherent lack of competition, I've plateaued even though I do know there's much more to be done and optimized in my case. Feels like I'm still mostly execution and not enough yomi (even though it's better than before) as a result. Not a good look.

Edit: And as I say this, all it takes is one trip into the lab to find something that cheers me up. I need to use this Thunder Knuckle L/M - Feint - Grab setup more often.

Frantic

Any mix up/reset based character that can't capitalize off of throws is just simply not acceptable in this game.
Jill can capitalize off of throws by putting you in a four-way mixup. I've had it happen to me, and it's not fun being forced to guess four different directions on wakeup after an airthrow. Doesn't even matter which way you tech, because she'll be there anyways with her teleport. And she also has SOMERSAULT to blow up anything you try to do on wakeup.

Dahbomb

Getting mix ups after a hard knockdown isn't just exclusive to Jill. Characters like Strider, Viper, Wesker, Felicia, X23, Wolverine all can get mix ups after their throws and most of them can combo after it too.

Frantic

Getting mix ups after a hard knockdown isn't just exclusive to Jill. Characters like Strider, Viper, Wesker, Felicia, X23, Wolverine all can get mix ups after their throws and most of them can combo after it too.
Sure, but at least it's something. Some characters don't even really get strong advantage after an airthrow, let alone multiple mixups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom