• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

They brought the entire MVC1 cast over to MVC2 and no one called it MVC 1.5.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Should of just added the entire MVC2 cast into MVC3 then added those fruit cakes.
That's because they were sprite rehashes...

I am not opposed to those characters being in the game by the way but I don't think every character from Mvc2 belonged in Mvc3. As much as I loved playing Hayato he just wasn't relevant.

shaowebb

Iron Fist with an airdash.

Fixed.
No joke this is what I used more than anything in HH mode. Iron Fist with an airdash means lockdown assists like Akuma finally work well enough to get it going. Wish he still had that. Taking the pre-requisite rekkas off of Wall of K'un lun and Rising Dragon would be better though IMO. If they did that I'd put Sentinel back on my teamto couple Rising Dragon attempts with drone assist. Hell I'd probably roll Sent/Akuma with him in that case.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I still wish they kept the damage counter beneath the hit counter.

But people bitched and cried about it so much, you'd think that it ruined the game by being there.

This might be in small part my fault. Remember having a conversation with a Capcom guy saying how much like TVC it was and wanting something different than TVC with Marvel characters. Supposedly they heard this a lot, and later went on to drastically change things in the system and look of the game. The damage counter was a thing from TVC, and was gone in the Evo build.

Azure J

Had a funny moment with my brother just now that led to me combo monstering and now being absolutely hooked on finding the highest and craziest damage possible off a corner combo with Dante and Rapid Slash/Ryuenjin assists. Reason being my brother thought he didn't have assists that got his Dante high damage. :lol

Now, I'm over here about 45 minutes after I started trying to do something with the following beginners:

s.MH - Stinger - Volcano - j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.H - s.S - j.H - Air Play - j.H - Killer Bee - Backdash s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Hammer

Current ideas include:

[Call Rapid Slash - Cold Shower - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]
[Call Rapid Slash - Cold Shower - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Jet Stream - Fireworks - Million Dollars]
[Call Rapid Slash - Volcano - TK Million Carats - walk back s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Jet Stream - Fireworks - Million Dollars]
[Call Rapid Slash - Volcano - Jump Cancel Teleport - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]

The last one was just me totally styling around. :lol

and

s.MH - Stinger - Volcano - back jump j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Prop Shredder - TK Acid Rain - j.H - Hammer

Current ideas include:

[Cold Shower - Call Rapid Slash - Sky Dance - Beehive - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Ryuenjin - Acid Rain - Hammer - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]
[Cold Shower - Call Rapid Slash - Sky Dance - Beehive - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]

And to think tonight's lab monstering was supposed to be on Anti-MorriDoom. :p

EDIT: AW SHIT, I JUST FOUND A WAY TO SAVE A WALL BOUNCE.

Fuck playing Vergil though. :p

Edit 2: Any one of the executional monsters here want to tell me if this works as a twist on the standard meter building combo with Dante?

s.MH - Stinger - Volcano - back jump j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Prop Shredder - TK Acid Rain - j.H - Hammer - Call Burn Kick - Volcano - TK Million Carats - walk back s.S - Clay Pigeon (all shots) - Stinger - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - [Jet Stream - Fireworks] or [Volcano - Beehive] - Million Dollars

Solune

Had a funny moment with my brother just now that led to me combo monstering and now being absolutely hooked on finding the highest and craziest damage possible off a corner combo with Dante and Rapid Slash/Ryuenjin assists. Reason being my brother thought he didn't have assists that got his Dante high damage. :lol

Now, I'm over here about 45 minutes after I started trying to do something with the following beginners:

s.MH - Stinger - Volcano - j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.H - s.S - j.H - Air Play - j.H - Killer Bee - Backdash s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Hammer

Current ideas include:

[Call Rapid Slash - Cold Shower - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]
[Call Rapid Slash - Cold Shower - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Jet Stream - Fireworks - Million Dollars]
[Call Rapid Slash - Volcano - TK Million Carats - walk back s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Jet Stream - Fireworks - Million Dollars]
[Call Rapid Slash - Volcano - Jump Cancel Teleport - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]

The last one was just me totally styling around. :lol

and

s.MH - Stinger - Volcano - back jump j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Prop Shredder - TK Acid Rain - j.H - Hammer

Current ideas include:

[Cold Shower - Call Rapid Slash - Sky Dance - Beehive - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Ryuenjin - Acid Rain - Hammer - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]
[Cold Shower - Call Rapid Slash - Sky Dance - Beehive - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - Volcano - Beehive - Million Dollars]

And to think tonight's lab monstering was supposed to be on Anti-MorriDoom. :p

EDIT: AW SHIT, I JUST FOUND A WAY TO SAVE A WALL BOUNCE.

Fuck playing Vergil though. :p

Edit 2: Any one of the executional monsters here want to tell me if this works as a twist on the standard meter building combo with Dante?

s.MH - Stinger - Volcano - back jump j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.S - Clay Pigeon - Prop Shredder - TK Acid Rain - j.H - Hammer - Call Burn Kick - Volcano - TK Million Carats - walk back s.S - Clay Pigeon (all shots) - Stinger - Sky Dance - Beehive - Stinger - [Jet Stream - Fireworks] or [Volcano - Beehive] - Million Dollars
I just got out of the hyperbolic time chamber with Vergil/Strider stuff that I recorded but I may look into some of this stuff tomorrow.

For Dante corner combos I've been trying
s.MHStinger xx Volcano > forward jump j.H xx Air Play > j.H > s.MHStinger xx Volcano > TK Revolver > Grapple > s.S xx Clay Pigeon (all shots) xx Stinger > Skydance > Acid Rain > Volcano > j.S > Million Carats xx Million Dollars
Sorry solune had to leave. Gg

GGs. Sorry if I was playing scrubby, salt + online play does that to me.

GGs. Sorry if I was playing scrubby, salt + online play does that to me.

Nah man, I didn't think you were playing scrubby at all. Though I was getting pretty damn salty at the end, when I basically had no answer for Vergil + Hidden Missiles lol. I swear I didn't RQ on you, I was worried my dog was going to pee in the living room so I had to take him out pronto (also, the gf had been asking me to do this for like 20 minutes so she was getting upset haha).

Is that your main team, btw? Sorry if I wasn't making it interesting, but I really only have time to dedicate myself to play one team competently. I really like your Spencer corner combo though...there were like 10 upgrapples...so good. I wasn't converting as much on the zip-zip ender, but we can chalk that up to lag.

Anth0ny

Dahbomb

He still has Shuma near the bottom. Sounds like he is just hyping up the assist. I don't doubt that it's a good team, but it's a good team because it's 2 top tiers with a 3 great/good assists.

The SRK tier thread has gone down considerably over the past few weeks due to inactivity and general garbage posts. People are back to sleeping on Felicia, Akuma Tatsu assist and other stuff that was established very early in the game. People were actually trying to argue that Tatsu isn't good because not a lot of characters can take advantage of it.... ROFL! All the characters that I have played in Marvel can take advantage of Tatsu.

Nyoro SF

This might be in small part my fault. Remember having a conversation with a Capcom guy saying how much like TVC it was and wanting something different than TVC with Marvel characters. Supposedly they heard this a lot, and later went on to drastically change things in the system and look of the game. The damage counter was a thing from TVC, and was gone in the Evo build.

But the damage counter has appeared in a lot of fighting games other than TvC. :/ It's not a unique TvC thing. Something unique to TvC is Baroque.

It's about as ridiculous as me asking to take out the hit counter because it appears in Aquapazza.

Bizazedo

But the damage counter has appeared in a lot of fighting games other than TvC. :/ It's not a unique TvC thing. Something unique to TvC is Baroque.

It's about as ridiculous as me asking to take out the hit counter because it appears in Aquapazza.

Perception > Reality.

Immediate prior vs game was TvC. Morons see this. Morons see damage counter.

Morons complain.

Perception > Reality.

(Max is not the moron in this example, it's a generic moron used to explain why Capcom would react this way).

Solune

Nah man, I didn't think you were playing scrubby at all. Though I was getting pretty damn salty at the end, when I basically had no answer for Vergil + Hidden Missiles lol. I swear I didn't RQ on you, I was worried my dog was going to pee in the living room so I had to take him out pronto (also, the gf had been asking me to do this for like 20 minutes so she was getting upset haha).

Is that your main team, btw? Sorry if I wasn't making it interesting, but I really only have time to dedicate myself to play one team competently. I really like your Spencer corner combo though...there were like 10 upgrapples...so good. I wasn't converting as much on the zip-zip ender, but we can chalk that up to lag.
Oh no I didn't mind you quitting for any reason, I had to go shower and shit anyways :lol. And don't worry it's probably better to satisfy your other half than play marvel!

And yah that is my main team but I wasn't doing anything fancy haha. I had to stick to Vanilla BnBs.
I saw Firebrand in top 3 and knew it was a Chrisis tier list.

Viper has the same Round Trip glitch as Vergil

Rich get richer etc.

Lol I like how Round Trip is referred to as Rapid Slash.

Azure J

So yeah, remember that character training regimen list I was working on? Well, I'm working on reformatting it, but beyond that, I'm thinking about making actual videos detailing the process of training and showing off things for (hopefully) most or all the cast. GAF UMVC3 scene gotta contribute to the pot somehow. :p

I'm here asking for something a bit funnier though. Anyone here make training mode playlists they listen to while dicking around in the lab? I'm trying to come up with some tunes I can play in the background while doing this. Had a blast last night with Work It Out from Sonic R, Prismatic from Megaman Zero 3, and Tsurugi No Mai from Nujabes. (This vid's coming soon, although it's really another mess of nothing while trying to grind out some midscreen stuff with Dante and Viper)

The next video I'm doing (whenever that may be) is already going to have a Smash 64 theme musically. The idea I'm bouncing around is to make central themes and run with them musically, or I'll just do everything with some Smash 64 How To Play/Training Mode/Break The Targets/Character Data playing in the background. :p

I saw Firebrand in top 3 and knew it was a Chrisis tier list.

Viper has the same Round Trip glitch as Vergil

Rich get richer etc.

I almost refuse to believe this is so obvious, so easy and so swag all at the same time to do.

MAHVEL.

mr. puppy

Banned
He still has Shuma near the bottom. Sounds like he is just hyping up the assist. I don't doubt that it's a good team, but it's a good team because it's 2 top tiers with a 3 great/good assists.

The SRK tier thread has gone down considerably over the past few weeks due to inactivity and general garbage posts. People are back to sleeping on Felicia, Akuma Tatsu assist and other stuff that was established very early in the game. People were actually trying to argue that Tatsu isn't good because not a lot of characters can take advantage of it.... ROFL! All the characters that I have played in Marvel can take advantage of Tatsu.

you'll love this from chrisis:

Iron-Man is definitely better than Captain America albeit dramatically more difficult to play since his control requires you to be very precise. He can put hit boxes in more important areas more quickly than the Captain, has faster mix up than Magneto (Which he unfortunately needs to get right next to someone to use) and has two very strong assists (But that only effects the X axis). Captain America's ease of use doesn't compete with the powerful tools that Iron-Man has available to him.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe, still don't have my primary Xbox back and the one in the living room is a wifi connection, not wired so I can't guarantee the connection to be very fluid.

Dahbomb

you'll love this from chrisis:
I think they are both in the same tier but Iron Man has superior support but Cap has legit derp that IM has not. Characters have to respect Cap they don't have to respect IM. Cap is also much better on the ground but IM is better in the air.

Chrisis is finally back posting on the SRK tier list thread, and I can start reading it again without wanting to shoot my fucking face off.

Here is his current Tier list, done properly, with point and support values thrown in.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/umv...-d3Low Team Value-x310-d4Powerful Support-x47

Additionally, he mentions that Jam Session is the best assist in the game, followed by tatsu, followed by Hidden Missiles.

*Sees Spider-Man top 10 in point ability* *Sees Spider-Man above Spencer*

...looks like they're learning.

G8KsO.gif

Couple things I disagree with but easily one of the better ones I've seen. Top 3-5 for sure.

Major thing is Iron Man. Amazing support ability of course but if you're awake, I just don't think he has enough juice on point. He shouldn't be able to get to you. Once people's SJ conversions with him become standard, he'll be better, but every character has room for growth similar to that, and people have been labbing Tony since day -100. He's got more work put into him than Magneto imo, I've never seen a character people want to make work more :lol Maaaaaaaaaaybe Dante equals the amount of lab time Tony's gotten poured his way, and I think that's more because of how many tools he has.

Hawkeye is so high up.

That's another quibble I have, but it's more understandable. Played well, he's a nightmare. Shuts down a good amount of the cast. Good matchups against "important" characters. Annihilates Doom.

He's such a beast.

The lower you go, the worse the list gets but that's just unfamiliarity IMO. I tend to agree with Bum's thoughts on She-Hulk, for instance (she ain't that bad).

Azure J

I played a guy running Firebrand/Iron-Man/Sentinel. One hit = unblockables and infinites until entire team is dead.

/salt

If I were in your situation, I'd be grateful just because I don't have to see the same ZMC with a Zero that can't lightning loop (or finish combos), steals all my Dante stuff, and cleans up with easy mode Dark Vergil all the time.

/omega-salt

I'm at least seeing now though that a lot of this is my own decision making being poor. A few matches I went in and intentionally did some things I would do if I were in a heated situation and I see now that the problem isn't in getting my bop so much as it is avoiding and challenging other people's bop.

Hawkeye is so high up.

I feel like it's right too. A lot of stuff he does catches me by total surprise when I see just how much advantage it puts him at.

*Sees Spider-Man top 10 in point ability* *Sees Spider-Man above Spencer*

...looks like they're learning.

Couple things I disagree with but easily one of the better ones I've seen. Top 3-5 for sure.

Major thing is Iron Man. Amazing support ability of course but if you're awake, I just don't think he has enough juice on point. He shouldn't be able to get to you. Once people's SJ conversions with him become standard, he'll be better, but every character has room for growth similar to that, and people have been labbing Tony since day -100. He's got more work put into him than Magneto imo, I've never seen a character people want to make work more :lol Maaaaaaaaaaybe Dante equals the amount of lab time Tony's gotten poured his way, and I think that's more because of how many tools he has.

This is a guy who fought SRK about Felicia as a whole being better than anyone's giving her credit for, the man is a genius. :lol

Totally agree with the latter critique though.

Dahbomb

Firebrand should be in the Spider Man tier of bad support value, maybe slightly better because he at least has an install hyper for safe DHCs in. He also isn't top 3 material IMO. I play him and yeah he has instant over heads, good mobility, decent zoning and good normals up front but... so does Magneto. The one up tool he has over Magneto is the install hyper and unblockable but Magneto has better damage, air throw game, better zoning and a LVL3. I think he is just below Magneto in the tiers. Viper also isn't the undisputed #1 in the game, she resides in the same tier as Zero/Magneto IMO of top 5 in the game where none of the top 5 are outstandingly better than each other.

Frank West should be a lot higher in that list. She Hulk, Strider and Joe should be a spot higher too, PW should be in the bottom tier. The rest is more or less solid.

Azure J

Speaking of unblockables, I'm seriously considering dumping Weasel Shot for Jam Session. Tired of letting these guys in and playing fair now. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom