• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

HAHA Team EMP OCV ELIMINATED BY HAGGAR. THE SALT!

Holy shit @ that Haggar fuzzy guard instant overhead. Entire EMP FFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to Haggar.

sephi22

kb3Hi.jpg

Azure J

Gwonam_squadellah: Sanford's a hidden boss for not losing a single match throughout all of EMP mode

God stream monsters make streams so awesome.

Dahbomb

WOW

WWWWOOOOWWWW

WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The word "FREE" does not even begin to describe.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've been running Hawkeye/Wesker/Strider recently, it's real fun also real lame. It's giving me more Hawkeye experience so I'm not completely fraudulent when using him as anchor. Wesker+Vajra on incoming character is just dirty (I blame you Cloudius). But now my Strider is fraud-like. Meh.

I've been running Hawkeye/Wesker/Strider recently, it's real fun also real lame. It's giving me more Hawkeye experience so I'm not completely fraudulent when using him as anchor. Wesker+Vajra on incoming character is just dirty (I blame you Cloudius). But now my Strider is fraud-like. Meh.

hehe

For now I'm straying away from that area but not completely abandoning it.

Strider on point is almost at the derp level like MastaCJ's Dorm/Mag Assist

If you ever play Strider with Wesker OTG assist. Any aircombo you do, you can follow up on it with OTG assist and then follow up with wall cling. It extends the combo slightly and good setup for lvl 3 Ragnorok.

New Dormammu/Spencer/Magneto combos:

Dormammu:
2L2MH + A2(EMD) xx Flight, jMHS, jMHS, 2M2HS, jMMHS, Dark Dimension, walk backwards, Flame Carpet + A1(Slant Shot), Dark Matter, Dark Hole xx Chaotic Flame

1,150,000 damage

Magneto:
2HS, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, jH xx Magnetic Blast H, 2HS, j H adf jHS, raw tag to Dormammu, Flame Carpet + A1(Slant Shot), Dark Matter, 2HS, jH xx Air Tag(Magneto), jMMH xx Flight, jLH adf jH adf jH adf jH adf jH adf jH add jS, A2(Purification), Hyper Grav H xx Magnetic Tempest DHC Bionic Maneuvers, Air Grapple H
1,100,000 damage

Spencer:
LMHS, jMMHS, Air Grapple M, Wire df, jS, Up Grapple, A1(Purification), Up Grapple, Bionic Bomber, Bionic Maneuvers DHC Chaotic Flame
950,000 damage

LMHS, jMMHS, Air Grapple M, Wire df, jS, Up Grapple, A1(Purification), Up Grapple, THC, Upgrapple, Bionic Bomber, Bionic Maneuvers, Air Grapple H
1,200,000 damage

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
GGs Jetman.

Was really fun. Wish the connection didn't turn to crap at the end. Our matches were real even from what I remember, except one where I think you nearly perfected me. I really need to work on my Strider.

And Hulk still scares the crap out of me even though I play him.

GGs

Not trying to make excuse since I know I would've lost a lot anyways, but god damn the fucking cold here makes my execution much worse. It's hard to play properly on stick when your hands are freezing, rdps were giving me a lot of trouble because of that :/

Also, lol at the match where I felt most confused because of too much SCV being one of the closest XD

Frantic

GGs

Not trying to make excuse since I know I would've lost a lot anyways, but god damn the fucking cold here makes my execution much worse. It's hard to play properly on stick when your hands are freezing, rdps were giving me a lot of trouble because of that :/

Also, lol at the match where I felt most confused because of SCV being one of the closest XD
GGs, and I know the feeling with cold hands. I have that happen a lot to me, lol.

And there's a reason why I only play UMvC3. I don't think I could easily switch between different fighting games, lol.

GGs, and I know the feeling with cold hands. I have that happen a lot to me, lol.

And there's a reason why I only play UMvC3. I don't think I could easily switch between different fighting games, lol.

lol, imagine me when I played a lot of TvC and BBCS at the arcade one right after the other constantly. Same buttons but holy shit the amount of times I was trying to do stuff like barrier block in TvC. Also, at the beginning of our first match I was seriously trying to block by holding down S and trying to grab you with S+A XD

JeTmAn81

GGs Jetman.

Was really fun. Wish the connection didn't turn to crap at the end. Our matches were real even from what I remember, except one where I think you nearly perfected me. I really need to work on my Strider.

And Hulk still scares the crap out of me even though I play him.

Ya, it was fairly toe-to-toe with the matches between our first teams. Our Striders seem about equivalent in fraudulence, or at least seemed to give off the feeling of "Uhhh...what exactly do I do now" whenever Strider was in on point.

I love Hulk. My game plan with him is dumb as rocks, but it still works on a lot of people. I just wish I had more sophistication.

Too bad the connection kept dropping. That's on my end of things I think, since I'm back to crappy wireless again.

I had no idea. What a shame. Variety is the spice of life, guy. I'd say the same thing to someone only sticking with 3S or Accent Core.

Frantic

I had no idea. What a shame. Variety is the spice of life, guy. I'd say the same thing to someone only sticking with 3S or Accent Core.
I do want to eventually pick up KOFXIII, but the biggest thing that's held me off from buying it is time. I don't really have the time to learn multiple fighting games and keep my skills up with all of them, so I just stick with one. I tend to get more enjoyment out of sticking with one game than multiple games, anyways. *shrug*

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I love Hulk. My game plan with him is dumb as rocks, but it still works on a lot of people. I just wish I had more sophistication.

Standing H, Gamma Crush. Throw in a Gamma Charge for massive damage! If the opponent catches on to s.H, switch characters to throw them off.

I do want to eventually pick up KOFXIII, but the biggest thing that's held me off from buying it is time. I don't really have the time to learn multiple fighting games and keep my skills up with all of them, so I just stick with one. I tend to get more enjoyment out of sticking with one game than multiple games, anyways. *shrug*

What does everyone like about KOF? It has no swag, with that fire effect over and over again. And why is it only 2D? It looks so old.

GraveHorizon said:
What does everyone like about KOF? It has no swag, with that fire effect over and over again. And why is it only 2D? It looks so old.
PURE. HONEST. FIGHTING.

People playing UMvC3 are aware that the game is pretty much Bullshit vs Bullshit. KOF is known as a fair game, so people like playing it to strike a balance.

Hey guys, I just got my account validated, could I get added to the PSN scrub group? And if anyone has easy-execution tips for Iron Fist, that's be cool.

Also, there's something I've been wanting to get off my chest for a while. Does anyone else feel that all the characters die way too fast in this game? Your entire team lasts as long as a single character in SSF4, and to me that creates a weird impression.

I'm kinda in the same spot except I buy the games just to play them a bit. I barely even have time for Marvel anymore...

>.>
awesome

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah KoF looked cool at first because it was the new shit but my interest died fast.

Variety is great but I split my variety between genres not within one really. The only series' that held my interest longer than 2 weeks in my history of fighting games have been SF, MvC and Soul Calibur. And hey look a new Soul Calibur is out! I'm gonna play the fuck out of it casually once I get it in a few days. And I'll finish Brotherhood some time around then too so I can get my Assassin's Creed backlogathon over with for the time being.

Then Mass Effect hits, and while playing that I'll be leading up to finals and BAM very little UMvC3 time until Mid-April. I try to squeeze in sets whenever I can, a bit difficult because I primarily play offline anyways, and it's difficult sometimes scheduling sets with people I know. May be hosting a mini-tourney at my house in a week.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
KOF has crazy style and some jazz tracks. The game speaks class.

I use to be able to bounce between fighting games and stay tourney ready in all of them. Not so much nowadays. lol. If I had funds for Kof, I'd definitely be playing it casually alongside of Marvel. When Sf X T comes out, I'll definitely playing it casually. Marvel has my attention for the most part, since I grew up on the series and it has my fav characters....

....until Skullgirls comes out. >.> Then it's going to be a battle between the two. lol

mr. puppy

Banned
KOF has crazy style and some jazz tracks. The game speaks class.

I use to be able to bounce between fighting games and stay tourney ready in all of them. Not so much nowadays. lol. If I had funds for Kof, I'd definitely be playing it casually alongside of Marvel. When Sf X T comes out, I'll definitely playing it casually. Marvel has my attention for the most part, since I grew up on the series and it has my fav characters....

....until Skullgirls comes out. >.> Then it's going to be a battle between the two. lol

i dont see what makes people want to buy SFxT, the game's systems just seem so random and stupid no matter how hard Seth Killian tries to explain whatever the fuck Ono is thinking

Katsuhiro Harada said:
Right. I think both beginners and seasoned players have the same level of interest in putting together their strategy. I've got a story to relate to that. There's this guy who went from being a game player to an employee. He had a website where he wrote about all these fighting theories on Tekken when he was a player, and I was impressed by how rational and to the point they were. So I played against him, thinking he'd be really good, but... he was really bad at it.

His fingers didn't move as fast as his tactics. To use another example, just because someone can watch a boxing match and figure out, "This is what they should be doing," that doesn't mean they could be a boxer themselves.

My heart, this piercing feeling...

What is this... I don't even... I guess Zero's technique Sougenmu is still breaking the game. Was fighting in a ranked match and I ended an air combo in Sougenmu with Sentsuizan and it killed frank west, but none of the guys characters could switch in, after 30 seconds I won the match by default. I NEED A NEW CAPTURE CARD AND TO REPLICATE THIS

oh yeah and Dat Skull Girls... can't wait to get into that shit.

JeTmAn81

Jack of all trades, master of nothing
but. If you want to play a fighting game at a high level, it takes an incredible amount of time to get there. Even most pros don't play more than two games very competitively.

As for me, even if I had the time (I don't), I can't see myself getting really into anything besides MvC. The characters are at least half the appeal for me since I'm a huge fan of Capcom games and Marvel comics.

Azure J

The worst part about getting into this genre without prior experience after the time period in life when you could grind it out for hours is how many different and really good games there are to play but knowing that if you don't get regular competition in, you can get rusty as hell and fast. Vampire Saviour, Third Strike, AE (from time to time), Mahvel, then Skullgirls and a slowly growing desire to try Guilty Gear is really killing me now. :p

What is this... I don't even... I guess Zero's technique Sougenmu is still breaking the game. Was fighting in a ranked match and I ended an air combo in Sougenmu with Sentsuizan and it killed frank west, but none of the guys characters could switch in, after 30 seconds I won the match by default. I NEED A NEW CAPTURE CARD AND TO REPLICATE THIS.

Holy shit, Happy Meal Glitch lives. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i dont see what makes people want to buy SFxT, the game's systems just seem so random and stupid no matter how hard Seth Killian tries to explain whatever the fuck Ono is thinking
The games systems are pretty stupid, but I like the 4 player splitscreen and the idea of gems (not the execution). I mean, it won't reach Smash levels of awesome, but it may end up a decent party game.

I might check out Skullgirls, but probably not since the art style is bordering on offensive.

I'm still salty about it getting so many features and UMvC3 being left in the dust, but complaining does no good either really.

What is this... I don't even... I guess Zero's technique Sougenmu is still breaking the game. Was fighting in a ranked match and I ended an air combo in Sougenmu with Sentsuizan and it killed frank west, but none of the guys characters could switch in, after 30 seconds I won the match by default. I NEED A NEW CAPTURE CARD AND TO REPLICATE THIS

oh yeah and Dat Skull Girls... can't wait to get into that shit.
herewego.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom