• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

Anti-air is awesome and reminds me that I need to tell Karst thanks for talking up Air Play as much as he did. I always did air to airs with j.M/H - Air Play for safety, but I never really thought about doing pretty much the entire Frantic with Million Carats from any confirm with an Air Play. That thing has soooooo much hitstun.
Yeah, the hitstun Air Play has is pretty crazy. It's a godlike move all around.

Frantic, an idea to pass your way, find a solo conversion off a Jam Session confirm. People tell me it's xx Devil Trigger - sj.M/H (for the momentum) - Killer Bee, but I'll be assed if I've ever hit it properly. :p
Jam Session is always something I find really irritating to combo off of. You have to time DT with the last hit that causes the blow back, then jump/superjump MH Killer Bee. It's also not always guaranteed, since if they're not at the optimal height/distance, you'll probably just whiff. It also scales to hell and back, and not being able to build meter in DT really hurts the practicality of it.

If you really want to confirm off a Jam Session, it's best to just XF. You can even combo off it a super jump height, and then go into Dante's XF Lightning Loops for the kill.

never seen that tasky superjump hit confirm either. good job man i'm definitely stealing it. :p
Heh, I figured you'd like it. :p

Also thanks, I hate Taskmaster enough as it is now you have to go and do this.
My bad!

Nice! I'm gonna use that taskmaster confirm. Question: if the opponent ends up in the corner, can you use the j.down arrow xx MH legion arrow, TK LH legion arrow finisher?

With the new Dormammu superjump height hit confirm and this, I'm starting to wonder if every character can get good stuff off of a superjump height hit.

Frantic

Nice! I'm gonna use that taskmaster confirm. Question: if the opponent ends up in the corner, can you use the j.down arrow xx MH legion arrow, TK LH legion arrow finisher?
You definitely can. The first time I did it, I ended it with that. You can also extend the combo a little more if you have an assist for it.

The first half or so, I was like, "I knew that." Second half, I was all, WHOADAMN.

STOLEN, SON.
Would have been a huge troll if the video was just j.H > spidey swing > MH > super. :p

With the new Dormammu superjump height hit confirm and this, I'm starting to wonder if every character can get good stuff off of a superjump height hit.
What's the hit confirm? I know of two. One is just j.HS into chaotic flame(using Liberation to teleport down), and the other is a super delayed j.MHS into s.MS, but that one seems unreliable from what I tested.

And I think most characters can convert off a super jump height. There's probably more that can than can't. I figured out one for Trish myself, but apparently that one was already known.

What's the hit confirm? I know of two. One is just j.HS into chaotic flame(using Liberation to teleport down), and the other is a super delayed j.MHS into s.MS, but that one seems unreliable from what I tested.

And I think most characters can convert off a super jump height. There's probably more that can than can't. I figured out one for Trish myself, but apparently that one was already known.
It's the one you listed, though I bet you can do:
j.H, fly, j.LH, qcf.L, j.HS, Liberation, Chaotic Flame

I also saw a weird combo that went something like this, but I'm not sure on the inputs:
s.S, sj.H, fly, j.LH, qcf.L, j.H, unfly, j.H, jump, j.HS, dp.M, qcf.AA

JeTmAn81

loving this million carrats mixup video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_A_WcGUZP_o

was trying it with Taskmaster's up arrows assist on my team last night, getting good results.

That stuff is awesome, but just seems so impractical when I review it (especially comboing off the ground throw). Two bars on a mixup that will grant you no meter on combo due to Devil Trigger. I suppose you could go to it to kill their last character for the K.O.

Azure J

That stuff is awesome, but just seems so impractical when I review it (especially comboing off the ground throw). Two bars on a mixup that will grant you no meter on combo due to Devil Trigger. I suppose you could go to it to kill their last character for the K.O.

It works on standard incoming too.

Frantic

It is pretty expensive, but it's useful if you really want to get a hit on the character you've snapped back and ensure a mixup. It's not much different than the old snapback > Jam Session > DT into mixup that was used in vanilla, but it is harder to block since you've got that huge chunk of ice in the way of what Dante is doing.

Azure J

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| Now accepting applications for new minions

I was wondering when someone would start mentioning the new thread title suggestions. Don't have anything witty to contribute besides:

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT3| Protect Ya Neck Helm
Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT3| Of Missiles and Minions
Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT3| Keep Calm and X-Factor On

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT3| Always bet on who Kadey doesn't.

Reminded me of one time at I was at a Baccarat table. One dude was just so damn unlucky so it hit me... just bet against him. If he went banker I went player, if he went player I went banker.

Let just say I made plenty of money that night. =)

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT3| Just pick a top tier
I don't like thread titles like this because it actively discourages people from wanting to play this game. No one wants to start a game where everything is set in stone, and a title like this makes it sound like everything is figured out. It's better to have a thread title that expresses something good about the game, not that we all need to tier whore to win.

shaowebb

I don't like thread titles like this because it actively discourages people from wanting to play this game. No one wants to start a game where everything is set in stone, and a title like this makes it sound like everything is figured out. It's better to have a thread title that expresses something good about the game, not that we all need to tier whore to win.

I was mocking Sanford :/

If you prefer

Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 |OT3|Heel Champion era

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| Where Mexican fruit drinks can beat top US players

...Ok I've got nothing really.

If you don't get it
frutsi.jpg

Azure J

I wish if the thread would live to see Season's Beatings at least. Last year's had so much material between Jago vs. Viscant (which I STILL can't find on YouTube for whatever reason), all the event battles and the BEST GAME EVER moment in Winner's Finals MVC3.

I still can't believe Flocker was wearing that shirt during those matches.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Getting a bit more damage with my Ryu combo by adding a second Jodan kick in after the Wesker OTG. The opponent usually ends up in the corner when I do the Wesker assist so I can always get the Shin Tastu in.

And if I do the second Jodan kick mid screen I can still hit with the Shinku Hadoken which I think looks sorta pretty.

Dahbomb

I am going to play in a local tournament. I don't expect to win at all. I haven't actually played Marvel seriously in months so I am going to be rusty as fuck. Mostly going to get a grasp of the local scene. Will be playing a new team, no Vergil, Wesker, Wolverine, Akuma. New beginning, new team.

I am going to play in a local tournament. I don't expect to win at all. I haven't actually played Marvel seriously in months so I am going to be rusty as fuck. Mostly going to get a grasp of the local scene. Will be playing a new team, no Vergil, Wesker, Wolverine, Akuma. New beginning, new team.
Iron Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom