• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shh it's a secret.
Hah. I was going to say that if you stick with Iron Man, you'll have people interested in you even if you suck. At the only tournament I went to, I drew a crowd just because I was using Phoenix on point.

Maybe make an Iron Man point team? :-O

Iron Man (Unibean) / Dr. Strange (Eye of Agamotto) / Arthur (Dagger Toss)

Low tier talk of the town!

Dahbomb

Yup that about sums it up.

IMO the team I will be using looks like a bunch of mid tiers but actually is really scary. I will be playing casuals too so I can actually get the team down better. It's all about the fundamentals....

Yup that about sums it up.

IMO the team I will be using looks like a bunch of mid tiers but actually is really scary. I will be playing casuals too so I can actually get the team down better. It's all about the fundamentals....
Theoryfighter your team up with me! :-D

Wow, Dante's stinger beats projectiles? I never knew.
This is why I feel all "hurr durr" as Dormammu vs. Dante. He has better range on everything he does, and I can't zone him or make use of Flame Carpet. -_- So annoying.

Azure J

Wow, Dante's stinger beats projectiles? I never knew.

It's not something you want to throw out on reaction, but it is a godsend against those characters with high startup projectiles (sorry Karst!) or players with easy zoning patterns/assists that stay out during the zoning.

Stinger xx Devil Trigger - TK Vortex is something I should really work on making a reactionary skill sometime.

In other news, I'm finally getting a format down for the training guide master list. (See the Strider section) I'm also using this to get reaccustomed to using Google Drive for sharing stuff again. You can comment on it and let me know if it's readable and I'll try to be less lazy and adjust as per your suggestions. Everyone that contributes also gets a nice little shout out for whatever they contributed. :D

Azure J

Lots of Vortexes into j.S?

I also feel like there's some Volcano - j.S going on there. I feel like Dante/Ammy/Doom missiles could work. Veil into Ryan Hunter loops with an XFC in there to normal combo to OTG with missiles and one more j.S.

Hmm, lemme go try this.

I also feel like there's some Volcano - j.S going on there. I feel like Dante/Ammy/Doom missiles could work. Veil into Ryan Hunter loops with an XFC in there to normal combo to OTG with missiles and one more j.S.

Hmm, lemme go try this.
There you go. An easy way to beat GB's record:
qcb.L, Crazy Dance, Devil Trigger -> Veil of Mist
Raw tag Dante, Volcano -> j.S loops
When Veil of Mist is about to run out, Bee Hive, qcb.L, Crazy Dance, Devil Trigger -> Veil of Mist!

Zissou

There you go. An easy way to beat GB's record:
qcb.L, Crazy Dance, Devil Trigger -> Veil of Mist
Raw tag Dante, Volcano -> j.S loops
When Veil of Mist is about to run out, Bee Hive, qcb.L, Crazy Dance, Devil Trigger -> Veil of Mist!

If that works, it'd be to troll online with, at least, lol.

Azure J

Playing with the Dante/Ammy DHCs made me realize that I miss that duo so I'm considering running three new slots again:

Dante/Felicia/Strider - Team Devil's Catty Stride

- My first love team. It's meant to be very aggressive using lots of unblockables and general dirty shit now that I understand what's to be done better. Need to work on Felicia BnBs with Weasel Shot/Jam Session and Vajra extensions though. If anyone has any they wanna share... :)

Dante/Amaterasu/Strider - Team Devil's Godlike Stride

- Meant to be more defensive and a counter pick to hard zoning teams. Million Dollars or Devil Trigger to Okami Shuffle or Veil of Mist still makes for fun times and having that obnoxious THC is always a plus. Gotta brush up on solo Ammy some more though.

Viper/Dante/Strider - Team Spy May Stride

- The most MAHVEL team. Basically designed to not let you play. Viper's getting there though. :)

shaowebb

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"oLaaaaaaay o-Lay o-Lay o-Lay"
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"You down with OCV? Yeah you know me."
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"Cmon and Slam and Welcome to the Jam"
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"Doom Doom shake shake the room"
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"I got SOUL"
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"I'm Motivated"
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 |OT3|"Missiles and Tatsus and Souls OH MY!"

rexor0717

I hope we stop seeing crappy XF3 Strider combos soon...it's wild how even top players can take so long to pick this stuff up.

My Strider is so far away from doing these combos. I've gotten by on teleport crossups so far. I really need to level it up, and this looks like a good place to aim for.

LakeEarth

In other news, I'm finally getting a format down for the training guide master list. (See the Strider section) I'm also using this to get reaccustomed to using Google Drive for sharing stuff again. You can comment on it and let me know if it's readable and I'll try to be less lazy and adjust as per your suggestions. Everyone that contributes also gets a nice little shout out for whatever they contributed. :D

This is great stuff, thanks. It's the exact kind of thing I need to stick to training room without getting bored and going to ranked. I'm thinking about training up a Dormammu.

Dahbomb

That's because the video isn't showing how to confirm off Vajra it's showing how to use Vajra to confirm a HB into a full combo. A lot of assists help Vergil get a combo from HB and he can do it solo with meter as well.

You can confirm a combo off a Vajra hit as Vergil but you have to be close and it's very timing dependent. It's worth learning because it might save you an X factor activation.

subtles

That's because the video isn't showing how to confirm off Vajra it's showing how to use Vajra to confirm a HB into a full combo. A lot of assists help Vergil get a combo from HB and he can do it solo with meter as well.

You can confirm a combo off a Vajra hit as Vergil but you have to be close and it's very timing dependent. It's worth learning because it might save you an X factor activation.

Thanks. I thought that perhaps using trick at the right moment would allow Vergil to get a combo, but I guess the timing would be too tight/impossible.

I was wondering if Gaf can help me with something? I started learning to play this game and the Arcade Stick over the Summer and I'm pretty happy with my progress. I wanted to startout playing with Spider-man but felt it would be overwhelming, so I settled on Nova/x/Sentinel. I feel like picking up Spider-man now and was wondering if I should slot him into that team as I never really had a second character, and it would allow me to focus on learning Spider-man. The other option is to build a team around Spidey looking to utilize his strengths and mitigate his weaknesses, and I am prepared to invest the necessary time and effort in other characters (In my mind: Vergil, Doom or Magneto). Since you all have experience learning new characters all the time I thought I might be able to get some help with this.

My contribution to the new thread's name:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| Step Your Game Up

Ok so Kusoru does have a new team. Chris/Spencer/Doom. TODs all day. Can kill Thor starting with 0 meter and can do 1.1 mil off an air grab starting with no meter.

The more I watch Kusoru's team, the more I think that it's not as well put together as it could be. Viewtiful Joe and Log Trap is amazing, and Frank West and Rocket Raccoon are amazing, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on between Viewtiful Joe and Frank West. If people snapped Rocket Raccoon in, I think the rest of the team would get picked apart easily.

I would like to see a Viewtiful Joe/Rocket Raccoon/Arthur team (midgets!) or X-23/Frank West/Rocket Raccoon.

Been messing around a little bit with Wesker/Magneto/Haggar. Kind of fun. Wesker gets cool combos off of Magneto or Thor's shockwave into counter DHCs, which is cool if you have a matchup like Zero or Firebrand.

but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on between Viewtiful Joe and Frank West.
Pretty much just the insane TAC hits which isn't a unique thing. Especially now that Frank has a TAC infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom