• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Do Drive and Air play OTG?

Dante OTG moves:

Cold Shower
Volcano
Thunderbolt
Crystal
Million Carats
Rainstorm
Acid Rain
Fireworks
Twister

Frantic

Every move Dante has should OTG. It would be true to the games! For that matter, make all of his dashes and his jump invincible. Also remove chip damage because Dante knows how to Just Block.

I would have preferred if Drive hit OTG over Revolver. It's only the last hit that OTGs, and it takes like 50 something frames to get to that point, meaning you'll never ever see it happen outside of a combo-video using Ammy or Joe's slow-down. I don't really think Drive OTGing would be hugely useful(except maybe off a Hammer confirm, since early in a combo it causes a soft-knockdown), but it would at least be cool looking. Now if Air Play OTG'd, that'd probably solve all Dante's airthrow woes.

Who has the second most OTG moves, after Dante? Chris? Skrull?

You mean on the ground? Doom has lousy ground movement yet is top tier.

Mobility is a major component of character worth in Marvel. It is among my 5 pillars of top tier character traits. Also Dorm and Morrigan might have bad ground movement but they have good movement in the air and can play it to their strength. Contrast to Sentinel who has really great ground movement but limited air mobility is decisively mid tier.

The biggest exception to the rule is Strom. Superlative aerial and ground mobility but not quite a top tier character.
Doom is only top tier because of Hidden Missiles and his crazy TAC combos. No one complains about him as a point character unless they suck at the game.

Morrigan's air movement is mediocre. It's solely her fly/unfly frame data that makes her so playable.

Dante should have a Quicksilver slow down super like ammys, Doppleganger clone super like morrigans, and a Royal Guard counter super a la tasks aegis counter.

Darksim

Dante should have a Quicksilver slow down super like ammys, Doppleganger clone super like morrigans, and a Royal Guard counter super a la tasks aegis counter.

He should also have Ice Age or Real Impact with invulnerable startup, that would be nice and fair.

His level 3 should have been Dance Macabre, why doesn't he have Rising Dragon, etc., etc.

I was actually kind of surprised they decided not to use RDP for more moves.

He should also have Ice Age or Real Impact with invulnerable startup, that would be nice and fair.

His level 3 should have been Dance Macabre, why doesn't he have Rising Dragon, etc., etc.

Budget cuts, clearly.

smurfx

get some go again
you dmc fans and your unreal expectations! if the marvel characters got to do everything they can do in the game then it would be a broken mess.

you dmc fans and your unreal expectations! if the marvel characters got to do everything they can do in the game then it would be a broken mess.
Unlike it is right now, right? ;-)

Viewtiful Joe *activates slow on command*
Dormammu *collapses reality*
Morrigan *planet busts*
Haggar *can now throw pipes*
Chris *still the same*

smurfx

get some go again
Unlike it is right now, right? ;-)

Viewtiful Joe *activates slow on command*
Dormammu *collapses reality*
Morrigan *planet busts*
Haggar *can now throw pipes*
Chris *still the same*
dark phoenix activates and the screen goes black and you see a message pop up saying you died and you have to reset the system.

Shuma being picked steadily turns all characters picked into Shuma.

Nova is immune to all projectiles.

Hulk and Logan and Deadpool and X-23 has health regen. Hulk's damage output steadily increases the more damage he takes.

Spidey has spidey sense which gives him an easy meterless counter and dodge to everything.

Yep, totally not broken. Also Jean can take control of the other player temporarily.

Found some small, could be useful for the right team, tech for Taskmaster, not sure if anyone knows about it... you do your ground series and then hit the launcher and you TK your QCF-H arrows. They fall back down and you can get another launch into your air series

shaowebb

Because Iron Fist needed a good assist move. Now if only it didn't require a couple of rekkas to be done before you can gain access to it in normal play. I seriously think if he could just throw that out raw he would be a TON more viable. 1 Beam or lockdown assist and throw that out and you either get inside to start your pressure game or you get a combo off of catching them trying to jump out. Assist is incredible for frustrating folks with zoners like Taskmaster. Makes an already irritating situation nearly unbearable.

Tirael

Because Iron Fist needed a good assist move.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's referring to a move Dante has in DMC3 and DMC4. Think Ryu's Shin Shoryuken.

Everybody MvC Origins hits PSN on tuesday everybody buy it to support the series!!!

Probably not a huge deal because of how well UMvC3 did, and how crappily SFxTK did. Capcom knows MvC makes money.

Did they cut Megaman from the roster of MvC?

Odinson

I finally got my MvC art book from Amazon. It's full of some great artwork from the vs series. Cant wait to dig through it when I get home.

mr. puppy

Banned
nice Phoenix kill from Abegen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Dh_rYwQRM&feature=g-u-u

So lets discuss Abegen here for a second. His team theory and design was basically "I like grapplers, lets make a team."

Is Tron/Thor/She-hulk the best way to do that team design? He isn't even doing optimized Tron combos for the amount of meter he likes to blow on that Thor DHC. And not to mention I don't know what the hell Thor or She-Hulk do when they are in that order, they get almost nothing from each other.

Scrub question: How do I do team hyper combos but with just the two characters? Is that even possible? Please don't Bionic Arm me.

a.) with at least 2-5 bars of meter, and only 2 characters alive

b.) with only 2 bars of meter, and 2 or all characters are alive

edit:
those are conditions, execution-wise, you would still press A1 + A2. i do that all the time to punish assists (even with one character left). much quicker to react with than a qcb+2 buttons

I saw the Megaman art and my heart skipped a beat. Stupid hope.

Scrub question: How do I do team hyper combos but with just the two characters? Is that even possible? Please don't Bionic Arm me.
THCs for two characters are done the same way you do it with three characters. However, a THC will always activate hypers for the maximum number of characters you have available + the bars for. So, if you have Wesker/Phoenix/Dormammu, and 2 bars of meter, and you THC, Wesker and Phoenix will use their hypers.

Also, I'll note that while everyone here is vicious about theoryfighter stuff, we're all really friendly when it comes to helping people understand things. Don't be afraid to ask questions. No one here hates on newbies, and some people here talk about the game way more than they play it and aren't actually any good at all. We still love them, too. :)

nice Phoenix kill from Abegen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Dh_rYwQRM&feature=g-u-u

So lets discuss Abegen here for a second. His team theory and design was basically "I like grapplers, lets make a team."

Is Tron/Thor/She-hulk the best way to do that team design? He isn't even doing optimized Tron combos for the amount of meter he likes to blow on that Thor DHC. And not to mention I don't know what the hell Thor or She-Hulk do when they are in that order, they get almost nothing from each other.
Thor is kind of the dead egg in the group. His assist is great for Tron, but he himself gets no support at all. She-Hulk's slide isn't great for him. If Abegen swapped to the Clothesline assist, which has armor, it might be decent, but then he loses Tron comboability.

The best grappler team is undoubtedly Hulk/Sentinel/someothergrappler (if we're calling Tron a grappler, I don't see why Hulk and Sentinel aren't). I think Abegen's team would be better off if he swapped Thor out for MODOK. MODOK can help Tron get in still, but he can actually make use of She-Hulk's low. Abegen's grapple catch setups still work, since MODOK has a grab hyper, and it's actually way better than Thor's, too, since it leads to full combos.

Also, I'll note that while everyone here is vicious about theoryfighter stuff, we're all really friendly when it comes to helping people understand things. Don't be afraid to ask questions. No one here hates on newbies, and some people here talk about the game way more than they play it and aren't actually any good at all. We still love them, too. :)

lol shots fired!

Dahbomb

I had a ton of changes planned for the Marvel patch. Since it might not come I am thinking of just posting them one by one. For Iron Fist I have these changes:

Chi power ups: Are remade now and buff two folds. You get the same bonuses but on top of them every Chi comes with a counter. If you activated the correct Chi for the right type of move then you will initiate a counter. Green chi counters projectiles, Blue chi counters high/mid moves and Red chi counters low/mid moves. The counter moves and additional buffs will talked about in the separate chis.

Green Chi: Now you also gain the ability to gain meter on whiffed moves. Whiff moves only gain 25% of their normal gained meter when hit (against normal values). Green Chi counters projectiles and when you activate Green chi against a projectile Iron Fist instantly activates Rising Fang with completely projectile invulnerability.

Blue Chi: You now also gain super armor on a few moves like st.M and st.H. All Rekkas have 1 hit of super armor. Blue Chi counters high moves and this will result in a new move where IF super jumps over them instantly and delivers a vertical chop bringing them down for a hard knock down. When initiated as a counter this move is invincible.

Red Chi: Now your normals do minimal block damage and rekkas do more block damage. The counter to mid/low will result in a instant crumple stun.

*New power up hyper mode (Zen): Basically a power up hyper mapped to d, d + 2 attack. IF enters a power uped stat. During this mode all of his chis are activated at once for the duration of the hyper. When activated the hyper also acts as a counter and will counter the move corresponding with the appropriate chi. IF is powered up all yellow (super saiyan style).

*Rising Fang can be activated whenever and is now air ok. Rising Fang when connecting against a wall will allow IF to wall jump once and do another Rising Fang in the opposite direction if he wishes but the 2nd RF cannot be wall jumped.

*IF can now do both wall jump and double jump.

*New Dive kick attack mapped to d+H in the air. Works similar to Akuma's dive kick but with a more horizontal trajectory and better hit box. Does not cause ground bounce but causes stagger when hitting a grounded opponent.

*Chop attack mapped to d+M. IF comes down fast vertically and hard with an aerial chop. Great hit box in front of him and underneath him. Causes hard knockdown and hits OTG but doesn't recover fast enough for a follow up in an OTG situation.

*Cr.L now hits low and visual animation matched for that purposes.

*IF can now link 5 Rekkas in a row.

*Fist of Fury has more invulnerability on start up.

*Shoulder Tackle just like Rising Fang can be used anytime. Pressing S as a follow up to the move causes him to fake out the attack and then dash through the opponent on the other side setting up potential cross ups with assists.

*All versions of IF's air throws drops them directly below him.

*Launcher adjusted so that it has a better horizontal/hitbox allowing IF to convert from anti-air situations.

*All Rekkas that move IF forward can negate projectiles aside from Shoulder Tackle, QCF+H and the Crumple stun.

a.) with at least 2-5 bars of meter, and only 2 characters alive

b.) with only 2 bars of meter, and 2 or all characters are alive

edit:
those are conditions, execution-wise, you would still press A1 + A2. i do that all the time to punish assists (even with one character left). much quicker to react with than a qcb+2 buttons

Thanks. I was hoping to use Ammy at anchor with both characters having access to the dog's long full screen hyper.

Tirael

Actually, Rising Dragon is Dante's Shinryuken in DMC3. Real Impact is Dante's Shin Shoryuken, which goes into a Tatsumaki. DAT fanservice.

Well, I was just trying to give him an idea, I knew it wasn't exact. But it was my bad that they were named differently.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Does Bionic arm not chip or something? I got a perfect on someone after I blocked one.

Then again I pushblocked the move he did right before the Bionic Arm, but I thought I'd still have to take the chip since Arm is oh so active.

Does Bionic arm not chip or something? I got a perfect on someone after I blocked one.

Then again I pushblocked the move he did right before the Bionic Arm, but I thought I'd still have to take the chip.
The game seems to sometimes let you completely negate chip damage if you pushblock at precisely the right time. It's something I've noticed since Vanilla, but the science behind it is a mystery to me. The next time you watch a ChrisG bulletfest, swap your eyes between the opponent's life bar and the screen, and sometimes you'll notice that they take no chip damage from a Soul Fist. There was a player on GFAQs who said he knew how to completely negate Astral Vision chip damage by pushblocking both projectiles at just the right time, but no one was willing to make a video with him.

I had a ton of changes planned for the Marvel patch. Since it might not come I am thinking of just posting them one by one. For Iron Fist I have these changes:

Chi power ups: Are remade now and buff two folds. You get the same bonuses but on top of them every Chi comes with a counter. If you activated the correct Chi for the right type of move then you will initiate a counter. Green chi counters projectiles, Blue chi counters high/mid moves and Red chi counters low/mid moves. The counter moves and additional buffs will talked about in the separate chis.

Green Chi: Now you also gain the ability to gain meter on whiffed moves. Whiff moves only gain 25% of their normal gained meter when hit (against normal values). Green Chi counters projectiles and when you activate Green chi against a projectile Iron Fist instantly activates Rising Fang with completely projectile invulnerability.

Blue Chi: You now also gain super armor on a few moves like st.M and st.H. All Rekkas have 1 hit of super armor. Blue Chi counters high moves and this will result in a new move where IF super jumps over them instantly and delivers a vertical chop bringing them down for a hard knock down. When initiated as a counter this move is invincible.

Red Chi: Now your normals do minimal block damage and rekkas do more block damage. The counter to mid/low will result in a instant crumple stun.

*New power up hyper mode (Zen): Basically a power up hyper mapped to d, d + 2 attack. IF enters a power uped stat. During this mode all of his chis are activated at once for the duration of the hyper. When activated the hyper also acts as a counter and will counter the move corresponding with the appropriate chi. IF is powered up all yellow (super saiyan style).

*Rising Fang can be activated whenever and is now air ok. Rising Fang when connecting against a wall will allow IF to wall jump once and do another Rising Fang in the opposite direction if he wishes but the 2nd RF cannot be wall jumped.

*IF can now do both wall jump and double jump.

*New Dive kick attack mapped to d+H in the air. Works similar to Akuma's dive kick but with a more horizontal trajectory and better hit box. Does not cause ground bounce but causes stagger when hitting a grounded opponent.

*Chop attack mapped to d+M. IF comes down fast vertically and hard with an aerial chop. Great hit box in front of him and underneath him. Causes hard knockdown and hits OTG but doesn't recover fast enough for a follow up in an OTG situation.

*Cr.L now hits low and visual animation matched for that purposes.

*IF can now link 5 Rekkas in a row.

*Fist of Fury has more invulnerability on start up.

*Shoulder Tackle just like Rising Fang can be used anytime. Pressing S as a follow up to the move causes him to fake out the attack and then dash through the opponent on the other side setting up potential cross ups with assists.

*All versions of IF's air throws drops them directly below him.

*Launcher adjusted so that it has a better horizontal/hitbox allowing IF to convert from anti-air situations.

*All Rekkas that move IF forward can negate projectiles aside from Shoulder Tackle, QCF+H and the Crumple stun.
I'd love it if you went through all of these for comment, but I think it's best if you keep things realistic. Capcom isn't likely to change anything more than frame data numbers and slight mechanics in a patch. There's zero chance of characters getting new hypers/moves in a patch.

Also, the usual divide for counters is projectile, high/mid, low. Mid/low put together is way too strong.

If you nerf Dormammu in his patch notes, I will be unhappy with you sir. Give him the very few buffs he needs and then leave him alone! :p

Max's Retro Assist Me! Finale vid gives me hope that MvC is still in capcoms mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eac6DZf_aWQ
lmao at the Ono part, great stuff Max!
Doom, the Mexican Dictator!

Then again I pushblocked the move he did right before the Bionic Arm, but I thought I'd still have to take the chip since Arm is oh so active.

it def chips. maybe coupled with your pushblock and if it was a near full-screen bionic arm, you might have avoided its 293746239 active frames.

Frantic

I know that I regularly pushblock Gimlet and completely negate its chip damage. Usually happens when I'm already blocking something, and pushblock during the super flash, but I've done it raw a couple of times. Wouldn't surprise me if you can do the same for Bionic Arm.

Dahbomb

Comment on the IF changes or comment on the rest of the cast? Most of these changes are self explanatory for IF because there is a big reason behind every change. Rising Fang in the air is a must for him, it would allow him to combo at SJ height. Dive kick is essential as it allows him to change trajectory in the air while being a threat from the air, still having a focus on grounded combat. The Shoulder tackle change also corrects two of his problems, getting in and having left/right mix ups (even if it's with assists, the option is there). The Zen mode is another must for him, he needs the safe DHC in option if he has to be played down the order. Cr.L is also obvious, a character like him should have that tool. I kept my standard for the changes based on what they delivered for UMVC3, a few new moves and some character changes but not a huge remake.

Most of the other characters that require changes are the lower tier characters. Most of the top tiers aren't touched much outside of 2-3 necessary nerfs. Dorm in my patch actually has a couple of buffs with a couple of nerfs so he isn't going anywhere.

God's Beard theoryfighter question that he better know the answer to:
Okay, so EMD x Magnetic Shockwave -> Stalking Flare is an awesome assist punish.
Does Mighty Spark x Mighty Thunder -> Stalking Flare work as well?

Comment on the IF changes or comment on the rest of the cast? Most of these changes are self explanatory for IF because there is a big reason behind every change. Rising Fang in the air is a must for him, it would allow him to combo at SJ height. Dive kick is essential as it allows him to change trajectory in the air while being a threat from the air, still having a focus on grounded combat. The Shoulder tackle change also corrects two of his problems, getting in and having left/right mix ups (even if it's with assists, the option is there). The Zen mode is another must for him, he needs the safe DHC in option if he has to be played down the order. Cr.L is also obvious, a character like him should have that tool. I kept my standard for the changes based on what they delivered for UMVC3, a few new moves and some character changes but not a huge remake.

Most of the other characters that require changes are the lower tier characters. Most of the top tiers aren't touched much outside of 2-3 necessary nerfs. Dorm in my patch actually has a couple of buffs with a couple of nerfs so he isn't going anywhere.
I meant for us to comment on. That could have been more clear.

The only Dormammu nerf I would be okay with is a damage nerf. Anything else is ridiculous, I say!

My old Trish/C.Viper team from vanilla is still pretty fun ^_^
God's Beard theoryfighter question that he better know the answer to:
Okay, so EMD x Magnetic Shockwave -> Stalking Flare is an awesome assist punish.
Does Mighty Spark x Mighty Thunder -> Stalking Flare work as well?
It works, but not as well. Last time I tried it seemed range-specific and Spark is too slow for some assists on reaction. I can hit stuff that beats beams with EMD on the assist start up, I doubt it works with Spark. Plus, the high hitbox makes it weird.

Dahbomb

Iron Man buffs for the lulz:

*Can finally dash cancel normals anytime during his ground dash.
*Air dash down/forward start up decreased dramatically. Rest of the properties remain the same. Air dash up/forward and down/back adjusted accordingly as well, IM has legit diagonal fast dashes in the air.
*St.H ranged extended slightly to match that of cr.M and j.M.
*Iron Avenger vertical hit box increased and can be used in the air
*Proton Cannon can now be aimed diagonally up, no need to input the DP motion. DHCing or X factoring before the final hit of PC causes a soft knockdown.
*Returning hyper "War Destroyer" mapped to DP+ 2 attack. IM fires of a salvo of missiles vertically from a massive pack behind him. Summoning the pack is 3 frame just like the PC and can hit the opponent up right into all the rockets. The pack prevents IM from being grabbed out of the hyper. Hyper is safe as IM recovers just before the missiles finish landing. Missiles can hit OTG but are usually too slow for this purpose.
*Returning move "Knee Dive" mapped to d+M. Works like Akuma's dive kick and can be air dash cancelled.
*Air Smart Bombs reworked. Uncharged Smart Bombs have less recovery and continue IM's momentum after usage. Hit stun after max scaling adjusted so that you can't just simply TK Smart Bombs into relaunches over and over again. Semi-charged Smart Bombs follow the same trajectory only with a few more bombs, travel downwards slowly and have more durability (similar to MVC2 Smart Bombs). Fully charged Smart Bombs takes more time to charge up and releases a bigger salvo of Smart Bombs that are slower but with semi-homing capabilities. Finally, IM's bombs are smart.

If I could only have 3 of these buffs, then I would take the first 2 and War Destroyer.

*Thor/She-Hulk* He has that double command throw super set up to kill the incoming character. That's the only real gimmick that I've noticed and it really useful against team with like anchor Vergil.

He can do Thor's command throw super, and if they jump he will dhc into She Hulk's air throw super then x-factor that shit so he doesn't have to deal with any of the better anchor. Does require 2 meters and x-factor, but hey worth it to get rid of the dark vergil, or strider etc..

The War Destroyer hyper would be a neat THC for mix-up-based characters. Or, I can imagine it being amazing for Firebrand or something. War Destroyer to get all the missiles out, DHC to Luminous Body, unblockable while they block the missiles.

Dahbomb

The War Destroyer hyper would be a neat THC for mix-up-based characters. Or, I can imagine it being amazing for Firebrand or something. War Destroyer to get all the missiles out, DHC to Luminous Body, unblockable while they block the missiles.
WWWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYYY ahead of you....

But just so you know in my patches FB is getting a change on his unblockable too.

Tirael

*a la Captain America*

HYPER.............HIDDEN MISSLES!!

Dahbomb

It's nothing much, just the arc adjusted so it hits grounded opponents and goes under airborne opponents. This way you don't have 300% Tenderizer set ups and the unlockable can be escaped via cc. Viper FA would be adjusted even further because it has way more perks.

Firebrand would get buff in support play and his lvl3, which would be adjusted so it's a lvl1. Bon Voyage would be an assist.

It's nothing much, just the arc adjusted so it hits grounded opponents and goes under airborne opponents. This way you don't have 300% Tenderizer set ups and the unlockable can be escaped via cc. Viper FA would be adjusted even further because it has way more perks.

Firebrand would get buff in support play and his lvl3, which would be adjusted so it's a lvl1. Bon Voyage would be an assist.
I'm not opposed to the arc being messed with, but why not just change Tenderizer, an assist that is almost never used aside from this purpose? Give it a little less hitstun or something, and you're good to go.

Firebrand's level 3 cannot be a level 1 without fundamentally changing it. Do you realize that Firebrand's level 3 + Dark Harmonizer nets me about 1.5 bars of meter back by the time the hyper is done? If it were a level 1, I'd have his level 3 out permanently. While it's not worth 3 bars of meter, 1 bar of meter is too cheap. On a good level 3 call, I put out 400K chip damage from the helper + Firebrand swooping around, and it has good screen control already.

Bon Voyage as an assist would likely cause problems. The game has no assists that cause a capture state right now, and it's probably something not to be messed with. Personally, I'd be happy with Hell Spitfire H coming out much, much faster so it can reliably OTG, and him getting Hell Spitfire L as an assist.

Beyond this stuff, the poor guy needs buffs that make him worth picking as a point character over Zero.

Dahbomb

Tenderizer IS being changed to either the L or M version but it's possible to put people in similar situations with other assists especially if that character is like Nemesis or IF. That's why both unlockables need a look at, can't have 300% set ups.

FB lvl3 would be adjusted accordingly if it were a lvl1. Either it would be a super buffed lvl3 or a toned down lvl1. Either way that needs a buff.

Zero would get nerfd anyway. FB will get a slight increase it normal move damage scale whereas Zero will be getting a decrease in special damage scaling value. Zero would also not have Lightning Buster shenanigans. Also FBs Demon Missiles on point will be getting buffed.

Tenderizer IS being changed to either the L or M version but it's possible to put people in similar situations with other assists especially if that character is like Nemesis or IF. That's why both unlockables need a look at, can't have 300% set ups.

FB lvl3 would be adjusted accordingly if it were a lvl1. Either it would be a super buffed lvl3 or a toned down lvl1. Either way that needs a buff.

Zero would get nerfd anyway. FB will get a slight increase it normal move damage scale whereas Zero will be getting a decrease in special damage scaling value. Zero would also not have Lightning Buster shenanigans. Also FBs Demon Missiles on point will be getting buffed.
If you reduce the time on the level 3 in its level 1 state, then it's completely useless. I look forward to seeing your changes listed explicitly.

Firebrand's general movement is just a problem. Ironically, he has the worst aerial movement of all air dashers in the game.

I'd love Tenderizer to become the L/M versions. That would put it on par with Cold Stars. We need more good assist options.

Nemesis can't be plucked by the 300% setup without Tenderizer. If you use an assist like Dark Hole, Nemesis can Rocket Launcher right as he comes in to plunk Firebrand and the assist. The nature of an unblockable requires that it must be able to set opponents up for unstoppable attacks, otherwise the attack has no meaning. Firebrand's unblockable is the only reason to pick him as it is now, and it's only good on incoming setups.

Dahbomb

Haven't really worked out the specifics of FB yet just posted the bold stuff that need changing. I actually worked my way from the bottom up. IF was brought into the discussion and he was one of the characters I gave the most thought too as he's so bad. A lot of characters need very minor changes like Nova, Akuma, Ammy and some top tiers I have very few and fair nerfs IMO. The bottom characters like IF I gave a bunch of buffs because IMO the baseline for a character in Marvel would be what someone like Ammy or Dante is.

Ghost Rider is another character that I have mulled over a lot. Here are my suggestions:

*Chain of Rebuttal and Punishment can be used in the air. Chain of Punishment is angled downwards and causes a ground bounce when used in the air
*New move Chaos Strike mapped to DP + S. Essentially the anti air version of Judgment Strike (DP+H) where Ghost Rider shoots out shards at an upwards angle towards the sky. Similar properties apply here
*All the Hellfire moves of Ghost Rider can also be used in the air.
*All of the Hellfire moves of Ghost Rider can be charged. Charged versions throw out of a large slow moving high durability projectile at the specified angle. The angle that is downwards creates a puddle of fire like Flame Carpet. Does not hit low.
*Chaos Bringer and Hell's Embrace can all be charged and become true grabs like Super Skulls grabs. The charge time makes it so that the opponent has time to react to it. Can't be grabbed while in block stun or when incoming (unless they press a button). All of Ghost Rider's grabs end in a ground bounce giving fully comboability afterwards.
*New move added after S. Can add H after S one time (Whiplash) where Ghost Rider violently arcs the whip back in the opposite direction of S. Causes a ground bounce. This allows Ghost Rider to confirm combos from st.S because normally all he gets from the tip of S is just a TAC.
*Ghost Rider's forward ground dash is made faster, non-whip normals made faster in start up and recovery.
*J.S can be charged, does considerable chip damage and hit stun when charged version hits.
*Hellfire Maelstrom has a bit less recovery. Does more chip damage as well.
*Heartless Spire is now special cancellable.
*New move QCB+S. Close ranged command grab like a mini-Penance Stare. Causes crumple stun. Full damage scaling is applied after throw.

IMO this is a good start for him although I don't know if this is enough. I added some air specials for him so he can at least do something in the air while zoning and also compete with other zoners super jumping him and harassing him. He still lacks mobility but I think giving him any better mobility would be too much. The command grabs gives him the desperately needed mix up that he needed. Heartless Spire being special cancellable means he can cover up the dead spot of HS with a Hellfire H. Chargable fireballs giving Ghost Rider more tools to put hit boxes on screen and keep players on their toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom