• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah what's up with Ryu?

SNrkj.jpg

why the fuck is he so happy?

Is there a losing theme?

Tirael

Oh yeah, I can't stand the new victory screen. The old one was way better. Same with the lifebars, too.

I liked the characters jumping into battle rather than just images being electrocuted. And the lifebars make no Goddamn sense, it really should have been

Assist 1
Point
Assist 2

Azure J

So Avengers is out on home video - gif time?

Release the hounds.

Edit: I explicitly demand a gif of Tony Fucking Stark falling out of the penthouse suite only for his briefcase rocket to come in with the new Armor save.

Speaking of gifs, why in God's name does making them from MKVs have to be an exercise in witchcraft and quantum physics at the same time? Holy hell, I just want like 3 scenes from this show I've been watching. :lol

@Killa Sasa: Captain America with a setup based beam/projectile reflect assist is drool worthy.

Sigmaah

I just saw Max's 1000 video milestone video and saw that CAPCOM wanted him to do retro assist me? Is that so? why would CAPCOM want him to do something on MvC if UMvC3 is done with and MvC in general is done for a while? Orgins can't be that big of a deal unless their's something else to it... Obviously the reason for it can be so it sells more but I dunno...

I BELIEVE THEIR'S STILL HOPE.
(Well, I want to believe :<)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just saw Max's 1000 video milestone video and saw that CAPCOM wanted him to do retro assist me? Is that so? why would CAPCOM want him to do something on MvC if UMvC3 is done with and MvC in general is done for a while? Orgins can't be that big of a deal unless their's something else to it... Obviously the reason for it can be so it sells more but I dunno...

Retro assist me is for MvC: Origins, which released this week. Makes sense to do promo for it, and hire Max who's worked with them in the past.

Honestly that's the least they could do for Origins in terms of marketing. I don't see marketing for MvC:O as more than marketing for MvC:O.

Dahbomb

Cap + Iron Man is a solid duo in the game.

I will ALWAYS BERIEVE!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Okey dokey

iRRBh3wmETh3K.gif

11 gifs so far, all here in this folder

http://aprettypanda.minus.com/muJrJLFUg

Used the DVD version cause

1) Blu-ray version would make bigger gifs
2) My laptop doesn't have a BR drive anyways

I'll update it later, pretty much stopped making gifs right before the final battle, the exception is the Hulk gif which was an obvious one.

You guys might notice the lack of Cap and Hawkeye gifs. That's because they really didn't do much gif worthy imo. If you can find something worth gifing I'll look into it.

The whole Avengers thing kind of confuses me, since none of the characters featured in these gifs ever get picked. When will you get to use them?

UMvC3 Vita owners, a request:
I would like screenshots of the hitbox on Nemesis' command throws, including his level 3.

Thank you kindly to any who oblige.

UMvC3 Vita owners, a request:
I would like screenshots of the hitbox on Nemesis' command throws, including his level 3.

Thank you kindly to any who oblige.

Capcom didn't implement the screenshot function into the Vita version, and as far as I know the hitbox overlays only work with watching uploaded matches (I could be wrong but I never found the option in training mode)

Frantic

I was messing around with my Jean/Sent/Dante team, and I (accidentally)got a perfect against someone.

Jean is kind of dumb on point with Drones and Jam Session backing her.

I was messing around with my Jean/Sent/Dante team, and I (accidentally)got a perfect against someone.

Jean is an amazing point character, but there are certain matchups that you just don't want to mess with. She's basically Magneto with a teleport and better hypers, though.

Jean is an amazing point character, but there are certain matchups that you just don't want to mess with. She's basically Magneto with a teleport and better hypers, though.

True, but can you really deny how much better she is in the third position. One mistake with on point Jean and it's game over. With anchor Jean at least you get two mistakes.

Dahbomb

IMs launcher is bad on purpose. You are supposed to confirm the combo with a fly cancel before hitting the launcher otherwise you will whiff it. It's also very unsafe. Same thing with Dr Strange.

True, but can you really deny how much better she is in the third position. One mistake with on point Jean and it's game over. With anchor Jean at least you get two mistakes.
Eh. Most characters die from one mistake in the point position. Phoenix's big problem as a point character isn't getting hit, it's the chip damage. You really notice how fast it accumulates on her, so you have to keep a really strong offense. I think, if we had this game for 10 years, you'd see someone of note pick her up on point.

I say this after playing Phoenix as my point character for 3 months in Vanilla, keep in mind. Of course, now that her TK Shot has been nerfed, bad matchups are even worse than before.

Also, she can't be randomed out by hypers like people seem to think. It's just a huge myth. Phoenix Rage is like a full screen Bionic Arm that can be done in the air. Whenever I face Hawkeye players they try to Gimlet her, and it just doesn't work. She's the most air-safe character in the game behind Sentinel, and she's always in the air. You just need to keep meter for safety purposes.

If Dormammu and Skrull weren't in the game, Phoenix would be my main, and I'd play her on point.

I'm not sure who I'd pair her with, though. Phoenix really needs a second character with amazing DHC abilities to compliment Phoenix Rage. Ideally, someone with both a utility hyper and a hyper that would beat out beam hypers when DHCed to. Therefore, I think Amaterasu would be her best second. Phoenix Rage -> Slow would lead to full combos, I'm sure, and Phoenix Rage -> Okami Shuffle handles most of the hypers that can random her out. Cold Star is an ideal assist for her since she has a standing overhead and trijump mix-ups

Other good options would be Dante with Jam Session, Dr. Strange with Eye of Agamotto, Iron Man with Unibeam, Sentinel with Sentinel Force, and...I think that's it.

Character 3 would need amazing XF3 comeback potential and a good assist to help Amaterasu and Phoenix get in and create mix-ups. Too tired to think it out right now.

Ironman's launcher feels so stubby. Doesn't help the fact that it looks like a girly highkick. Thought it should look like a MK uppercut.
It's an amazing anti-air.
Not really.

IMs launcher is bad on purpose. You are supposed to confirm the combo with a fly cancel before hitting the launcher otherwise you will whiff it. It's also very unsafe. Same thing with Dr Strange.

Wait, I do cr A, cr A, H, forward H S then whatever for Strange. What am is IronMan's combo from cr A?

Azure J

Jean is seriously the play style archetype I love most in games like this. Enough of everything with a lowish execution barrier and long term match influence. Playing with her is so much fun that when playing random bouts with my brother, if she gets snapped in I don't even really think about Dark Phoenix anymore and just use her as is. It also helps that as my psychological blocks are Zero and Vergil, Phoenix is legitimately his. :p

Wait, I do cr A, cr A, H, forward H S then whatever for Strange. What am is IronMan's combo from cr A?
Iron Man does c.L, c.M, s.H, fly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7S2beTBzHo

Dr. Strange shouldn't go for blockstrings. Just go right into Impact Palm. Too often his normals push him out of Impact Palm range and it loses matches. Impact Palm has a good hitbox and comes out in 6 frames, which is solid.

Impact Palm, qcb.M x2, qcb.H, then jump loops.

If Impact Palm is blocked, Mystic Sword L or Dagger of Denak L is your best option if you don't have an assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom