• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
I wonder why I never build teams around just having 3 godlike assists where if I just mash on an assist button I'll basically been in a better position than where I was at before. Maybe I'll do Jam Session/Missiles/Tatsu or something

Haven't really worked out the specifics of FB yet just posted the bold stuff that need changing. I actually worked my way from the bottom up. IF was brought into the discussion and he was one of the characters I gave the most thought too as he's so bad. A lot of characters need very minor changes like Nova, Akuma, Ammy and some top tiers I have very few and fair nerfs IMO. The bottom characters like IF I gave a bunch of buffs because IMO the baseline for a character in Marvel would be what someone like Ammy or Dante is.
Ah, I see.

I wonder why I never build teams around just having 3 godlike assists where if I just mash on an assist button I'll basically been in a better position than where I was at before. Maybe I'll do Jam Session/Missiles/Tatsu or something
Maybe it's because you like picking characters you like, too. ;-)

My Iron Man changes:

• extra delay on forward/downforward air dashes added to all other air dashes
  • flight movement speed doubled
  • flight startup cut to 5 frames
  • flight time increased to 400 frames
  • knee drop added(j2M), is special-cancelable
  • hover mode added
  • horizontal range on bombs increased, hitstun decreased

Dahbomb

I can't even imagine how that would be possible. But it'd be friggin' sweet.
I don't mean that every character should have 50 moves but every character should have the tools to deal with just about everything in the game and should be an asset on the team outside of being a point only character or an assist only character.

Posted for new page:

Ghost Rider is another character that I have mulled over a lot. Here are my suggestions:

*Chain of Rebuttal and Punishment can be used in the air. Chain of Punishment is angled downwards and causes a ground bounce when used in the air
*New move Chaos Strike mapped to DP + S. Essentially the anti air version of Judgment Strike (DP+H) where Ghost Rider shoots out shards at an upwards angle towards the sky. Similar properties apply here
*All the Hellfire moves of Ghost Rider can also be used in the air.
*All of the Hellfire moves of Ghost Rider can be charged. Charged versions throw out of a large slow moving high durability projectile at the specified angle. The angle that is downwards creates a puddle of fire like Flame Carpet. Does not hit low.
*Chaos Bringer and Hell's Embrace can all be charged and become true grabs like Super Skulls grabs. The charge time makes it so that the opponent has time to react to it. Can't be grabbed while in block stun or when incoming (unless they press a button). All of Ghost Rider's grabs end in a ground bounce giving fully comboability afterwards.
*New move added after S. Can add H after S one time (Whiplash) where Ghost Rider violently arcs the whip back in the opposite direction of S. Causes a ground bounce. This allows Ghost Rider to confirm combos from st.S because normally all he gets from the tip of S is just a TAC.
*Ghost Rider's forward ground dash is made faster, non-whip normals made faster in start up and recovery.
*J.S can be charged, does considerable chip damage and hit stun when charged version hits.
*Hellfire Maelstrom has a bit less recovery. Does more chip damage as well.
*Heartless Spire is now special cancellable.
*New move QCB+S. Close ranged command grab like a mini-Penance Stare. Causes crumple stun. Full damage scaling is applied after throw.

IMO this is a good start for him although I don't know if this is enough. I added some air specials for him so he can at least do something in the air while zoning and also compete with other zoners super jumping him and harassing him. He still lacks mobility but I think giving him any better mobility would be too much. The command grabs gives him the desperately needed mix up that he needed. Heartless Spire being special cancellable means he can cover up the dead spot of HS with a Hellfire H. Chargable fireballs giving Ghost Rider more tools to put hit boxes on screen and keep players on their toe.

My Iron Man changes:

• extra delay on forward/downforward air dashes added to all other air dashes
  • flight movement speed doubled
  • flight startup cut to 5 frames
  • flight time increased to 400 frames
  • knee drop added(j2M), is special-cancelable
  • hover mode added
  • horizontal range on bombs increased, hitstun decreased
W...what is this madness?

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Iron Man buffs for the lulz:

*Can finally dash cancel normals anytime during his ground dash.
*Air dash down/forward start up decreased dramatically. Rest of the properties remain the same. Air dash up/forward and down/back adjusted accordingly as well, IM has legit diagonal fast dashes in the air.
*St.H ranged extended slightly to match that of cr.M and j.M.
*Iron Avenger vertical hit box increased and can be used in the air
*Proton Cannon can now be aimed diagonally up, no need to input the DP motion. DHCing or X factoring before the final hit of PC causes a soft knockdown.
*Returning hyper "War Destroyer" mapped to DP+ 2 attack. IM fires of a salvo of missiles vertically from a massive pack behind him. Summoning the pack is 3 frame just like the PC and can hit the opponent up right into all the rockets. The pack prevents IM from being grabbed out of the hyper. Hyper is safe as IM recovers just before the missiles finish landing. Missiles can hit OTG but are usually too slow for this purpose.
*Returning move "Knee Dive" mapped to d+M. Works like Akuma's dive kick and can be air dash cancelled.
*Air Smart Bombs reworked. Uncharged Smart Bombs have less recovery and continue IM's momentum after usage. Hit stun after max scaling adjusted so that you can't just simply TK Smart Bombs into relaunches over and over again. Semi-charged Smart Bombs follow the same trajectory only with a few more bombs, travel downwards slowly and have more durability (similar to MVC2 Smart Bombs). Fully charged Smart Bombs takes more time to charge up and releases a bigger salvo of Smart Bombs that are slower but with semi-homing capabilities. Finally, IM's bombs are smart.

If I could only have 3 of these buffs, then I would take the first 2 and War Destroyer.

Those would be really, really good changes. A man can dream :(

It always kind of bugged me Smart Bombs don't do anything "Smart". Its just a projectile that goes straight down. I've taken to calling them Smarf Bombs

shaowebb

I had a ton of changes planned for the Marvel patch. Since it might not come I am thinking of just posting them one by one. For Iron Fist I have these changes:

Chi power ups: Are remade now and buff two folds. You get the same bonuses but on top of them every Chi comes with a counter. If you activated the correct Chi for the right type of move then you will initiate a counter. Green chi counters projectiles, Blue chi counters high/mid moves and Red chi counters low/mid moves. The counter moves and additional buffs will talked about in the separate chis.

Green Chi: Now you also gain the ability to gain meter on whiffed moves. Whiff moves only gain 25% of their normal gained meter when hit (against normal values). Green Chi counters projectiles and when you activate Green chi against a projectile Iron Fist instantly activates Rising Fang with completely projectile invulnerability.

Blue Chi: You now also gain super armor on a few moves like st.M and st.H. All Rekkas have 1 hit of super armor. Blue Chi counters high moves and this will result in a new move where IF super jumps over them instantly and delivers a vertical chop bringing them down for a hard knock down. When initiated as a counter this move is invincible.

Red Chi: Now your normals do minimal block damage and rekkas do more block damage. The counter to mid/low will result in a instant crumple stun.

*New power up hyper mode (Zen): Basically a power up hyper mapped to d, d + 2 attack. IF enters a power uped stat. During this mode all of his chis are activated at once for the duration of the hyper. When activated the hyper also acts as a counter and will counter the move corresponding with the appropriate chi. IF is powered up all yellow (super saiyan style).

*Rising Fang can be activated whenever and is now air ok. Rising Fang when connecting against a wall will allow IF to wall jump once and do another Rising Fang in the opposite direction if he wishes but the 2nd RF cannot be wall jumped.

*IF can now do both wall jump and double jump.

*New Dive kick attack mapped to d+H in the air. Works similar to Akuma's dive kick but with a more horizontal trajectory and better hit box. Does not cause ground bounce but causes stagger when hitting a grounded opponent.

*Chop attack mapped to d+M. IF comes down fast vertically and hard with an aerial chop. Great hit box in front of him and underneath him. Causes hard knockdown and hits OTG but doesn't recover fast enough for a follow up in an OTG situation.

*Cr.L now hits low and visual animation matched for that purposes.

*IF can now link 5 Rekkas in a row.

*Fist of Fury has more invulnerability on start up.

*Shoulder Tackle just like Rising Fang can be used anytime. Pressing S as a follow up to the move causes him to fake out the attack and then dash through the opponent on the other side setting up potential cross ups with assists.

*All versions of IF's air throws drops them directly below him.

*Launcher adjusted so that it has a better horizontal/hitbox allowing IF to convert from anti-air situations.

*All Rekkas that move IF forward can negate projectiles aside from Shoulder Tackle, QCF+H and the Crumple stun.

Zen mode sounds OP, but I like Green Chi a lot. Using it on reaction to a projectile to blow through it invulnerably to the other side sounds great and with the idea of wall jump or cancel into another rising fang to the other side this would be a lot of spideryman style zipping left to right. Coupled with the chop move he'd essentially be bopping left and right with me and it'd have me ending in chops to try and grab folks on the way down. Well that or the dive kick. Either of those moves and air ok rising fang are really all the help he needs IMO.

Wall of K'un Lun without rekka requirement is good, but faked wall of K'unlun into dash behind mixup is a game changer entirely since Iron Fist has no mixups or mobility to get behind people given his lack of airdashes and anything outside of a stellar wave dash.

I like the idea of changing his throw to put people beneath him directly though. That alone makes his OTG crescent heel better since at certain jump heights he puts them so far out he can't convert like he should. Cr. L hitting low is also good since his high/low mixup game is his ONLY mixup game and its severely hampered by lack of lows. 5 rekkas is a bit much IMO, and Blue/Red Chi would make him waaaaaaay too strong IMO.

Keep the throw changes and Cr. L changes. Give him Rising Fang/Wall of Kun Lun (shoulder ram) rekka pre-requisite free and I'll take either the dive kick, chop, or wall of kun lun go behind, but not all three. All three makes him a bit too resourceful IMO given his damage output. Out of all of those 3 Wall of K'un Lun is the most useful followed by divekick. He needs that go behind pretty bad and that plus tatsu or any other horizontal assist= doomsday. I could honestly see folks dropping Frank for Iron Fist with that go behind & Rising Dragon change being added since his damage would be so high and he'd have just as solid mixups and great footsie stuff with assists and rising fang. Frank can get incredible normals, but Iron Fist 2.0 would just be scarier pressure and better equipped IMO. Course Frank is really there for damage and good get off me assist protection with cart but I'm thinking more about Wolvy+ Frank users than Kusoro stuff here.

Fun ideas. Gotta say that go behind will never happen unless they nerfed his damage though. His degree of corner pressure and suddenly assist into go behind? Madness.

I finally got my MvC art book from Amazon. It's full of some great artwork from the vs series. Cant wait to dig through it when I get home.

*pics*

Um...those aren't scans are they. Cuz...well you know those are bannable

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I finally got my MvC art book from Amazon. It's full of some great artwork from the vs series. Cant wait to dig through it when I get home.
Looks amazing. :O

Mine is scheduled to ship Oct 2nd, but I'm still not so sure.

Max's Retro Assist Me! Finale vid gives me hope that MvC is still in capcoms mind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eac6DZf_aWQ
lmao at the Ono part, great stuff Max!
So good.

That's competitive!

Absolutely awesome ending LOL

I took those pics of my art book. So I dont think they're consider scans.
Hmmm. I would PM a mod to be safe. Even if it's your own copy of a magazine, you can't post pictures. On the other hand, we have a "show stuff you bought" thread, and I'm sure it's okay to post a picture of something in there. You're on a fine line, it seems.

Hmmm. I would PM a mod to be safe. Even if it's your own copy of a magazine, you can't post pictures. On the other hand, we have a "show stuff you bought" thread, and I'm sure it's okay to post a picture of something in there. You're on a fine line, it seems.

... I don't mean to be a jerk but WTF GAF. You can't post picture of stuff that you legally bought in one thread, but it's totally okay in another thread?

shaowebb

I took out the pics until I hear back from the Mod.

Cool. We just didn't want your hype to net you a ban just in case these counted as part of the rule. We all remember the great culling of the community when hype overwhelmed a large portion here and scans of DLC outfits were being posted from the guidebook when they shipped before the game dropped or the news on them broke.

Cool. We just didn't want your hype to net you a ban just in case these counted as part of the rule. We all remember the great culling of the community when hype overwhelmed a large portion here and scans of DLC outfits were being posted from the guidebook when they shipped before the game dropped or the news on them broke.
Indeed.

Luckily someone PMed me and I removed my scan link in time, so I evaded the ban.

I also remember the heyday when the German magazine showed Sentinel in a scan - oh boy the internet was on fire that day! So much rage and denial, especially at Capcom-Unity.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty sure those don't count as scans, people post previews like that in the monthly pick up threads. Regardless, I removed the images from my quote.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't the pics of the marvel guide you dummies posted count as scans?

Isn't that basically the same as this?
Kinda. Not really. Sometimes it's acceptable if the photo is on an angle.

But yeah, this only reinforces the notion of that grey area.

Side note: I had a dream last night where I went on vacation to The Break and when I got there I got bodied by A Pretty Panda and MarlinPie.

I spent the rest of my morning trying to explain said dream.

Sooooooo I played a competent MorriDoom for the first time in a while. Not a copycat, but an actually good one (think he got top 32 this past EVO?).

Conclusion from set: going to actually learn my Movie Team to better deal with this, because the main squad just can't get it done in the long run. Hawkeye has to do too much heavy lifting by himself.

Probably not for Canada Cup (don't think there are going to be MorriDooms on that level there) but for tournies next year, Evans/Downey/Barton are probably gonna see some more burn. Will be pure counterpick (more even-pick?) tier, but ehh, will see how it goes in the future. Charging Unibeam is a solid clearing tool and offers some lockdown, and Hawkeye + beam to keep pace in case they go full defense. Just need to play much tighter with them, it's a simple enough gameplan. Won't mind burning XF to kill Doom or Morri off the first touch, it's usually steady enough once one of them are down.

I may also actually put more time into the iron guy just so he doesn't embarrass me if I have to use him. Drunken ass.

I love what MorriDoom's done to this game. Feels like solving a puzzle.

Vice

Does anyone on Marvel-gaf play on XBL? I've been trying to level up my game, my local crew has been traveling to majors and bigger out of town weeklies lately and they've been doing pretty well so I think I may join. The trouble is I'm usually only free late at night due to school and work so local play is severely limited for me.

shaowebb

I may also actually put more time into the iron guy just so he doesn't embarrass me if I have to use him. Drunken ass.

Re0q2.jpg

EDIT: Shit I want this to be Enzo's avatar at some point. Maybe he can use it for a picture to express his salt if someone snakes a win on him...

Sooooooo I played a competent MorriDoom for the first time in a while. Not a copycat, but an actually good one (think he got top 32 this past EVO?).

Conclusion from set: going to actually learn my Movie Team to better deal with this, because the main squad just can't get it done in the long run. Hawkeye has to do too much heavy lifting by himself.

Probably not for Canada Cup (don't think there are going to be MorriDooms on that level there) but for tournies next year, Evans/Downey/Barton are probably gonna see some more burn. Will be pure counterpick (more even-pick?) tier, but ehh, will see how it goes in the future. Charging Unibeam is a solid clearing tool and offers some lockdown, and Hawkeye + beam to keep pace in case they go full defense. Just need to play much tighter with them, it's a simple enough gameplan. Won't mind burning XF to kill Doom or Morri off the first touch, it's usually steady enough once one of them are down.

I love what MorriDoom's done to this game. Feels like solving a puzzle.
I've never fought a Morrigan/Doom, but I imagine that my team would handle it rather well.

LakeEarth

New(?) Captain America raw tag tech. Works with a good chunk of the cast. Different characters require different variations but they're all pretty simple.
http://youtu.be/B6NY6Wt3c9U

Tag combos are always sick to watch.

The video showcased that Frank's chainsaw wallbounce will give you a hard knockdown if the wallbounce is used up, which can be followed up with an OTG -> super. For most wallbounce moves, you get a soft knockdown.

Azure J

You know, I love my family and living situation sometimes. Nothing like waking up to find them all outside cutting down a tree for home maintenance and then all of a sudden losing internet for 3 - 4 days because someone severed a phone wire from the small tower in the backyard. :lol

On the plus side, I got quite a bit more done with the doc I was working with. Then again, I also missed getting a submission out for that Wesker Must Die video. :/

The video showcased that Frank's chainsaw wallbounce will give you a hard knockdown if the wallbounce is used up, which can be followed up with an OTG -> super. For most wallbounce moves, you get a soft knockdown.

Damn, I never bothered using it because Log is always using up my wall bounce, but now I have a reason to try it more often.

You know, I love my family and living situation sometimes. Nothing like waking up to find them all outside cutting down a tree for home maintenance and then all of a sudden losing internet for 3 - 4 days because someone severed a phone wire from the small tower in the backyard. :lol

So that's why I hadn't seen you at the newly made MegaGAF yet.

mr. puppy

Banned
I decided to have wacky team weekend and went Nemesis/Vergil/Shuma for reasons that I'm not sure of yet, but good lord is mystic ray a fun assist. Too bad the only thing I can do with Dark Shuma is his dive kick move.

Azure J

So that's why I hadn't seen you at the newly made MegaGAF yet.

You talking about Fighting Game Weekly? Also, my birthday was yesterday, I should have gotten in to christen the new thread. :lol

Edit: Ohhhh, I didn't know Kokonoe would finish the MM community thread so soon. Gonna check it out.

I decided to have wacky team weekend and went Nemesis/Vergil/Shuma for reasons that I'm not sure of yet, but good lord is mystic ray a fun assist. Too bad the only thing I can do with Dark Shuma is his dive kick move.

I think everyone was screwing around with fun teams yesterday given all the comments in here. Felicia/Doom/Amaterasu or Strider is so much nutty fun I swear.

*J.S can be charged, does considerable chip damage and hit stun when charged version hits.

I am all for some GR buffs, but no, not this. The move is already annoying and good as it is. This is almost like saying let's add all this too helm breaker or Hulks J.S. Granted it's not a great combo ender as far as a S attack goes but it's already great for a multitude of things.

Dahbomb

The charge time in the air means Ghost Rider is vulnerable during it. During that time the person has time to maneuver around it or hit him out of the charge. Risk vs reward etc. J.S is annoying but not op.

LakeEarth

I like zoning with Nemesis with jumping tentacles and rockets, and mystic ray would help with that zoning. But it doesn't cause much hitstun, right? I really like an assist like Hawkeye arrows, something that causes enough stagger that if you combo tentacle -> arrow assist, you have enough time to dash up / lunge punch and continue the combo.

I would change the HUD back to vanilla. Sometimes you take the basic things in life for granted and don't realize what's really important until it's gone.

mr. puppy

Banned
I like zoning with Nemesis with jumping tentacles and rockets, and mystic ray would help with that zoning. But it doesn't cause much hitstun, right? I really like an assist like Hawkeye arrows, something that causes enough stagger that if you combo tentacle -> arrow assist, you have enough time to dash up / lunge punch and continue the combo.

Yeah its really hard to combo off of. I was just throwing together a low tier-shell for Vergil and seeing what happened. Its kinda fun having Vergil backed by Nemesis' rocket assist though.

Mystic ray is helping me get some really stupid resets off though, which may take care of the fact that I can't really use it to get in.....but not really.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It was an illogical change, but I got used to it so quickly and now I could care less really.

Whenever I see X-Factor activate in old vanilla footage it always blows my mind how much better it looked.

Solune

I would change the HUD back to vanilla. Sometimes you take the basic things in life for granted and don't realize what's really important until it's gone.
Bring back Vanilla victory theme =/

On the plus side, I got quite a bit more done with the doc I was working with. Then again, I also missed getting a submission out for that Wesker Must Die video. :/

Welcome back, was wondering why you weren't in the Megaman Community thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom