• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

By the way, did you go to that tournament yet?
It's after SB.

I can never get that damn j.M
The first one or the 2nd one?

First one requires a very fast fly input during the st.H. Almost a plink I would say. The 2nd one you basically have to the preceding j.H as close to the ground as possible.

I have trouble with the unfly j.H. Another really fast input required there.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Found something cool with Iron Man, but I have no idea how useful it is.

If you do Iron Man's ADD j.H as low to the ground as possible, you have enough hitstun to dash in and do c.M, s.H xx Fly into the full bnb, even from the maximum range ADD j.H hits the opponent. So you can hit confirm into the bnb from really far away. Its interesting you can do this, but the fact that you have to hit it as low to the ground as absolutely possible to maximize hitstun probably limits it a lot. If Iron Man's ground dash wasn't so terrible than this might be better, or maybe if j.H had a bit more hitstun. Still interesting you can do this because it gives you a longer range hit confirm than anything else you can do from that range but I really don't know if its match practical at all because of how tight it is. I managed to get it to work with ADDF j.H too but the same rule applied, I had to hit ADDF j.dH as low as possible to the ground. Dashing and hitting c.L works too closer to the corner.

Dahbomb

This is known, people pointed it out in the IM SRK forums. The link is super tight though. Just one of the many reasons why IM needs his ground dash improved.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
This is known, people pointed it out in the IM SRK forums. The link is super tight though. Just one of the many reasons why IM needs his ground dash improved.

I didn't realize it was already known. I kind of wonder if the link is too tight to warrant practicing it though. It seems good.

And yeah, almost all Iron Man's problems could be solved with a better ground dash.

Dahbomb

There is no reason not to practice it, that's a potential Tod from a space that you might not be able to get otherwise from. If you don't get the combo you at least can get a block string/pressure going.

Dahbomb

Yeah I was going to do a couple today. I guess I could do those two next.

Vergil I am pretty sure I have discussed the various nerfs to him in this thread before. I guess I should put that down in a list sometime.

Hsien Ko:

*Air dash speed increased dramatically. Can be held down for even more range.
*Senpu Bu cancellable by pressing S.
*New move "Heavy Weight". Basically the giant weight she drops in her hyper should be a move she can use in the air. It's mapped to d+H in the air and brings her down fast with a hit box. Is faster but has a smaller hit box than Spencer's Bomber attack. Hits OTG.
*Cr.H now hits OTG
*Item toss mechanic reworked. It's no longer random, items are always thrown in a specific order that can be predicted.
*The bomb item has a hit box and explodes on contact. Blocking the bomb during a combo resets the combo Joe style.
*J.S is an actual dive kick like move. Doesn't cause a ground bounce but causes stagger on hit.
*Henkyo Ki improved to reflect a wider range of projectiles, bigger hit box and less recovery. Hit stun adjusted at max scaling so that she can't do infinites with it in the corner.
*Command throws improved in frame advantage so that she can always combo after them using Cr.H OTG into f+H jump cancel combo.
*Better recovery on Tenrai Ha and balls made more concentrated, less "random" in damage out put and hits
*Ground dashes/teleport normal cancellable
*Recovery and start up on some of her normals sped up
*Can now double jump
*Super Armor now lasts 3 additional seconds
*Slight up in minimum damage scaling values
*Command normals f+M and f+H do slight block damage

Basically a ton of changes to improve her rushdown capabilities to match her incarnation in VS.

Shuma Gorath:

*Mystic Ray start up decreased.
*Frame advantage after Chaos Dimension increased and leaves the opponent in hard knockdown long enough for a Mystic Ray OTG follow up.
*All throws/command throw adjusted slightly in terms of frame advantage so that Shuma can convert off of them in most cases (he can still do this but it's tricky).
*Charge time decreased for all moves slightly.
*Less recovery on all his lvl1 hypers
*Hyper Mystic Smash has faster start up
*Air dash faster and has more range
*All versions of Mystic Smash have a smaller hurtbox/better hit box and more initial hit stun
*RDP + Att new move Shuma's teleport. Works like MVC2 teleport for Psylock/Bison where he creates 3 illusions of himself on the screen and he appears at one of the illusions depending upon the button pressed. Has considerable start up and active frame but not that much recovery.

I am not particularly savy on these characters but these are some of the changes that I would make to them at a cursory glance because these fix obvious faults with them.

Vergil:

*Godslash hit box reduced to match the visual extension of the sword
*Durability and hits of Spiral Swords reduced by 1/3rd of their values (ie if one sword hits 3 times it now hits 2 times)
*Round Trip glitch removed
*Dimension Slash can no longer cross up
*This isn't a Vergil change specifically but X factor + power up states don't add up multiplicatively anymore, the values are simply added together
*Special damage max scaling value reduced slightly, normal damage values remain the same
*Meter gain from Lunar Phase reduced
*Rapid Slash no longer has infinite durability as an assist
*Increased recovery of teleports especially L and H versions

I know people have their pitch forks up against Vergil's Spiral Swords but I feel like I have a good enough solution. It does too much chip damage, gives Vergil TODs/loops and negates a lot of hypers due to durability. By decreasing the hits of a sword from 3 to 2 you are effectively cutting down all of those factors of Spiral Swords by 1/3rd (less chip, less damage, less durability). Add on top a special damage scaling nerf and a Lunar Phase nerf (the move is getting double nerfed like Beehive of Dante) this is going to prevent Vergil from doing full on loops as the meter gain and damage will be reduced greatly.

shaowebb

I thought he was spacing them out, or I'd ask for the revamps for Firebrand, Dormammu, Vergil, and Morrigan.

All I know is I wish Mystic Stare worked as an assist like it did for him on point. Get pegged with it and you WILL be mixed up *evil grin*

Theres a local guy who mains Shuma and in vanilla I started to bring up Mystic Stare as an assist and he cut me off with something along the lines of "dont...just dont. I cant tell you how much it sucks that they changed it for an assist". Guy is pretty good and I'd love to see his little buddy get more buffs someday. My guess is green meanie is on the chopping block if they revamp roster like they did for MVC3 from MVC2. Though if this game gets a sequel I doubt they'd cut anyone to try and pad the roster cheaply by reusing these asssets. After all a graphical leap isn't exactly part of the equation anymore...only balance.

Azure J

Hey Dahbomb did you ever do up one of those revamp lists for Hsien Ko[...]?

* Cr.H now given OTG properties
* Anki Hou item variation now follows a set logic for stun items; Chuukudan (Bombs) removed from rotation and added to their own input (QCF+S)
* Senpu Bu pendulum cancellable up to three times in the air with an additional S press
* Active time on Rimoukon super decreased on point
* Character movement sped up to XF1 levels, additional momentum tweaks granted on both her air and ground dashes.

There I solved her. :p

* Anki Hou item variation now follows a set logic for stun items; Chuukudan (Bombs) removed from rotation and added to their own input (QCF+S)
* Senpu Bu pendulum cancellable up to three times in the air with an additional S press
* Character movement sped up to XF1 levels, additional momentum tweaks granted on both her air and ground dashes.

All you need, indeed.

Though I'd like it, too, if Henkyo Ki always came out after frame 1. Why? Because fuck Wesker, that's why.

shaowebb

<3

Manly.

Azure J

I still want to see Dah's post on the matter though. He'd get way more technical that I could.

On that note, Hsien-Ko/Dante/Strider would be so hilarious. The best possible GTFO me assist (with additional lockdown ability) in Ultimate with his BFF Strider... Madness.

shaowebb

I still want to see Dah's post on the matter though. He'd get way more technical that I could.

On that note, Hsien-Ko/Dante/Strider would be so hilarious. The best possible GTFO me assist (with additional lockdown ability) in Ultimate with his BFF Strider... Madness.

Back in my short stint near the end of Vanilla when I messed around with Dante it was pretty hilarious to Gold armor and tag in Dante for jam session and gold swing shenanigans. Course all i did was mess around toward the end of Vanilla really.

Dahbomb

I edited them in.

I didn't even look at Azure's list by the way, I was typing up the changes in a separate box and didn't even look here. Dat similarity...

Azure J

I edited them in.

I didn't even look at Azure's list by the way, I was typing up the changes in a separate box and didn't even look here. Dat similarity...

Kinda wondering why you made super armor longer with all the buffs given to her. Is this an optimistic revamp or revamp as per what you think Capcom is worried about regarding how good she could be? I mean, I tried to root mine in a "Capcpom state of mind" and thought the only way to get buffs is if gold mode isn't as good/didn't last as long as it does as it is in a game like this.

Heavy Weight is an awesome move. If I had to add anything different to her move properties and step into the realm of entitlement for entitlement's sake, I'd say make her command grab L/M have M/H properties and her H grab would be anti-air.

Dahbomb

Yeah H should be an anti air grab I actually forgot about that.

Clearly I am not working under Capcoms mind set but rather in terms of what's possible in an expansion. No one really knows their mindset anyway.

Like these are the changes on Hsien Ko and Shuma that would make me fear them. If you don't fear a character in Marvel then they ain't good. Teleporting Shuma and Gold armored swinging in your face Hsien Ko... Yeah I would break a sweat against that.

Tirael

I edited them in.

Haha, I noticed that, I know that both of you are right, those changes would help her out so much.

Honestly, I wish all characters could capitalize from throws in one form or another. The fact that some characters can and some can't is just stupid design.

Though if this game gets a sequel I doubt they'd cut anyone to try and pad the roster cheaply by reusing these asssets. After all a graphical leap isn't exactly part of the equation anymore...only balance.

I would be so okay with this you don't even KNOW. That would make Megaman, Gene, and Jin Saotome an extremely high possibility. Because after those characters, there aren't many to go before Capcom really has to start digging deep.

I have high hopes for the future of Marvel. Capcom knows it does well and is hype. Niitsuma did a pretty good job for what time and funding he was given, despite a very small number of large oversights.

Azure J

Cool stuff Dah, I agree with it entirely. Let's hope Capcom does too however later in the future a MVC4 happens.

On a silly tangent, we totally need to brainstorm some emotes for the cast a la Dark Wesker:

(&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)

I miss these. :lo

Edit: From smurfx - ==(°&#21475;°)== LARIAT!l

New(?) Captain America raw tag tech. Works with a good chunk of the cast. Different characters require different variations but they're all pretty simple.
http://youtu.be/B6NY6Wt3c9U

Neat, a way to get to level 3 Frank that I can actually do.

DerpJill is worst Jill.

MvC2 Jill rolls around in her grave.

How is MvC2 Jill not DerpJill in the first place? It's like they lobotomized her and gave her a kick-ass force field emitter in her shoulder pads.

Cool stuff Dah, I agree with it entirely. Let's hope Capcom does too however later in the future a MVC4 happens.

On a silly tangent, we totally need to brainstorm some emotes for the cast a la Dark Wesker:

(&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)

I miss these. :lo

Edit: From smurfx - ==(°&#21475;°)== LARIAT!l

Let's not forget LOG TRAP (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; [&#12491;&#12491;&#12491;]

Azure J

I feel like there's a better execution for this one, but I'm drawing a blank:

( >°&#9649;°)>----)) - GET BACK

Season's Beatings is going to be a blast. :lol

Edit: &#12367;&#65288;>__ <)&#12445; - GET BACK

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey, I'm sorry, I skimmed the last pages and didn't see anything about it.

I still don't have Marvel vs Capcom 3 (neither Vanilla or Ultimate).

However, on the 360, there's currently a sale on Extra Characters (Jill and Shuma Gorath). I was under the impression that Ultimate had all the characters (including DLC), but since they show up on the Ultimate DLC list, I'm guessing it doesn't come with Jill or Shuma?

I plan on buying Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 eventually, so I should buy those two characters, right? (I mean, so I can have them, not that they're good or anything like that).

I was reading on the Alternate costume super pack for UMvC3 (the one that costs 1600 mspoints) and it says it doesn't come with extra costumes for Jill/Shuma or Magneto? I know Jill and Shuma alt costumes come with the DLC, but what about Magneto?

I know these are stupid questions, but I can't think of a better place to ask them. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey, I'm sorry, I skimmed the last pages and didn't see anything about it.

I still don't have Marvel vs Capcom 3 (neither Vanilla or Ultimate).

However, on the 360, there's currently a sale on Extra Characters (Jill and Shuma Gorath). I was under the impression that Ultimate had all the characters (including DLC), but since they show up on the Ultimate DLC list, I'm guessing it doesn't come with Jill or Shuma?

I plan on buying Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 eventually, so I should buy those two characters, right? (I mean, so I can have them, not that they're good or anything like that).

I was reading on the Alternate costume super pack for UMvC3 (the one that costs 1600 mspoints) and it says it doesn't come with extra costumes for Jill/Shuma or Magneto? I know Jill and Shuma alt costumes come with teh DLC, but what about Magneto?

I know these are stupid questions, but I can't think of a better place to ask them. :D
Generally, buying DLC characters before you buy a game is a bad idea unless you know 100% for sure your going to buy the game, but I'm sure you know what your doing and I would consider buying these too because they're on sale. This is how this works:

- Jill/Shuma are NOT in UMvC3 by default. If you buy the DLC on sale for MvC3, it will carry over and you will have Jill and Shuma for UMvC3.
- The Alternate Costume pack on sale is for MvC3, the only one released. If you own it, the 6 costumes will carry over to UMvC3. If you own Jill and Shuma AND the Alternate Costume pack, you will get their 2 costumes for free unlocked in UMvC3.
- Magneto's costume has been patched out. It doesn't exist (i.e. isn't accessible) anymore for legal reasons.
- The 1600 points alternate costume pack is not on sale, but it does include all the costumes from every pack. That is all of the costumes from the Alternate Costume pack for MvC3 that is on sale this week, PLUS all the other costume packs released for UMvC3. So you will get every character's alts, including Jill and Shuma IF you own them, except Magneto. EDIT: Wait if the description has changed.. then I don't know anymore D:

I hope this was helpful.

You still need to buy Jill/Shuma if you want to use them in Ultimate (up to you, most people don't like them).
The costume pack has no Magneto DLC costume because it upset Spain.

Edit: SolarKnight is correct.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Generally, buying DLC characters before you buy a game is a bad idea unless you know 100% for sure your going to buy the game, but I'm sure you know what your doing and I would consider buying these too because they're on sale. This is how this works:

I hope this was helpful.

Yes, I'm aware how buying DLC before buying the game is weird. I did it for Castlevania: Lords of Darkness and I don't regret it. I even forgot about it, and when I booted the game up, I had them. :D

Yes, that explained everything perfectly. Thanks. I already bought them.

What threw me off was the fact that I though that Ultimate had those DLC characters unlocked from the beginning and the lack of Magneto's Alternate costume on the Ultimate Pack.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fixed it. I don't have any alt costumes except for those two, so I'm sure of that.
Ah okay I see, I stand corrected!

Yes, I'm aware how buying DLC before buying the game is weird. I did it for Castlevania: Lords of Darkness and I don't regret it. I even forgot about it, and when I booted the game up, I had them. :D

Yes, that explained everything perfectly. Thanks. I already bought them.

What threw me off was the fact that I though that Ultimate had those DLC characters unlocked from the beginning and the lack of Magneto's Alternate costume on the Ultimate Pack.
Yeah it's a fairly confusing ordeal with confusing solutions not really explained well by PR either. I tried explaining such in the FAQ section of this OT but I understand where confusion would come from.

BTW, welcome to MahvelGAF!

Solune

Man watching Arturo's stream, other communities hate on MvC3 and some of its players but MvC1 GGPO players are completely volatile. In short, I'm happy with the Marvel 3 community.

shaowebb

Honestly, I wish all characters could capitalize from throws in one form or another. The fact that some characters can and some can't is just stupid design.

Which is why I LOVE the idea of Iron Fist's air throw putting them straight underneath him. I know everything about him is supposed to be designed for cornering, but with so few ways to land that first hit a lot of times you just got to resort to air throws and not being able to convert them from different heights due to how far away they end up slinging folks is pretty bad for the guy. I'd rather have this one move not push them toward the corner since my OTG into full combo would do that part of the job for me anyways.

Azure J

Someone list all the characters both in theory and proven that could enable extended Soul Drain loops with Morrigan. I'm motivated. :p

Someone list all the characters both in theory and proven that could enable extended Soul Drain loops with Morrigan. I'm motivated. :p
I made a thread on SRK to list what I've found so far.

Theoretically, any character who can DHC glitch should be able to. DHC glitch to Astral Vision, Soul Drain, qcb.S, j.S, etc.

Any OTG works, easy. Any assist works, but you will only get 1 Soul Drain from it. The only assists I know of that allow lots of Soul Drains to connect are Log Trap and Eye of Agamotto. Phoenix Rage -> Astral Vision is also stellar.

Any super long THC works if you have a long hyper to help you out and Morrigan has her Shadow Blade assist (Million Dollars, most notably).

Most hypers that continue post-DHC work (Lunch Rush -> Astral Vision lets you connect 2 Soul Drain inputs, or 1.5 bars of meter stolen, paying for the DHC almost).

I've been plenty motivated in the past, as you can see. ;-)

Morrigan can connect Soul Drain off of any TAC, and she can combo into it solo off of any combo (s.S, sj.MMHS, qcf.S, dp.AA). She can also combo into it solo in XF2/3, I forget if she can in XF1, at any point in a combo. Shadow Blade M, fly cancel, Soul Drain actually connects, and it's not terribly hard to do in XF3.

Basically, any competent Morrigan should never, ever allow Dark Phoenix to come out. Especially since she can also TAC glitch without using X-Factor!

I'm always glad for contributions to the thread. :)

Does Morrigan have enough time after a hard knockdown to do Soul Drain xx pillars hyper? That way it would only spend 2/3 of a bar because you'd get some back immediately after it starts up.

So, I found this image and thought I'd share it with you guys cause the puppy resembles Ammy! :D

yqTKr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom