• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
made the mistake of going into the srk tier list thread again.

why do people think strange/ammy is a good idea?
The argument for Strange/Ammy is that Cold Star is one of the few assists that allows pinning mix-ups while leaving your opponent standing. So, if it hits, you get an Impact Palm into Grace of Hoggoth M x2, etc., which negates the poor damage scaling. If Cold Star is blocked, you have enough time to get Eye of Agamotto out and keep your frame advantage, which is something you don't get to do if you just use an assist like Greyhound.

I won't say Strange/Ammy is the best thing ever, but I think it's defensible. Strange/Iron Man makes way more sense, though.

Frantic

I haven't seen it either, but i would assume they would pop out of it since there's no knockdown on Da Book, and there are lots of gaps in Ammy's super.
It all combos on hit. I've tried it myself. You can teleport over, and lay an EoA down so they land on it, or set up two GoHs giving Strange time to combo... though HSD is pretty bad at this point so FoF loops are probably Strange's best bet here.

On block, there is a small chunk of time to set up a mixup, but it needs to be midscreen to be effective since Strange can't teleport into the corner and Strange has no high/low game to speak of.

Azure J

Why can't I stick with alt teams for more than ten seconds without a change?

Viper (Burn Kick)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra)
Zero (Ryuenjin)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra)
Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra)

Tonight's experiments include Dante as a second to DHC into, making some Zero BNBs with my favorite shell (any suggestions/concepts to explore for getting dat damage?), and seeing if I enjoy someone else on point more than I do Dante/X/Strider with the notable exception of Viper/Dante/Strider.

I swear I have like 13 or so characters I want to get accustomed to, but then I remember that I've neglected the home base too long and just migrate back that way.

Why can't I stick with alt teams for more than ten seconds without a change?

Viper (Burn Kick)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra)
Zero (Ryuenjin)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra)
Felicia (Rolling Buckler)/Dante (Jam Session)/Strider (Vajra)

Tonight's experiments include Dante as a second to DHC into, making some Zero BNBs with my favorite shell (any suggestions/concepts to explore for getting dat damage?), and seeing if I enjoy someone else on point more than I do Dante/X/Strider with the notable exception of Viper/Dante/Strider.

I swear I have like 13 or so characters I want to get accustomed to, but then I remember that I've neglected the home base too long and just migrate back that way.

Seems like you found your BFF. Dante/Strider. Not to mention Zero/Dante, and Viper/Dante are also BFF.

Your entire team is like BFF x2 or BFF x3!

Azure J

Seems like you found your BFF. Dante/Strider. Not to mention Zero/Dante, and Viper/Dante are also BFF.

Your entire team is like BFF x2 or BFF x3!

Dante/Strider is the duo I wanted to roll with since I first saw Ultimate and theoried it up with Dah & Frantic once specifics on Vajra came to light. Ever since then, it's just been about rotating the third member of the team to see what worked best. The only reason I didn't go straight to Viper/Dante/Strider right from the jump was because (at the time) everyone was talking it up and I was determined not to be a band wagoner hence my Felicia and later Amaterasu experiments. That and when you're just getting into fighters and wondering why Dante's s.H doesn't chain into s.S or you get Cold Shower like 2 out of 5 times you go for it, you don't really pick up a team full of high execution types right off the bat. :lol

What I didn't realize though is how much high intensity fun "Spy May Stride" is. I mean goddamn. Viper allows someone as overly patient and respect giving as myself to change gears and go "fuck letting you play the game" at a moment's notice. Coupled with my preferred duo and it just gets nuts.

I'm still not too fond of Zero (he's excellent but nothing's made it click in my head yet that he's fun too), but I've heard for some time that Zero + Strider is great fun and Zero + Dante is proven shenanigans. As a result, "Reploid May Stride" is on the backburner now too. I might change the order on the last team though since I like Dante with unblockables more than Felicia with lockdown at current. Oh and just between me and you Marvel-GAF since we trust each other, this is also totally another way for me to learn certain characters without remaking team synergies from scratch. :p

Azure J

I like these, I want to do more.

OK, so we've got:

NewGod = (⌐■_■)
HammerTime = &#12367;&#65288;>__ <)&#12445; - GET BACK (I still feel like we can do better. lol)
QuincyTime = (>°&#9649;°)>|-)------(T_T)->
RogTrap = LOG TRAP (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; [&#12491;&#12491;&#12491;]
ReadingRainbow = SPELL OF VISCANT (&#9581;°&#9649;°)&#9583;&#9636; |&#9617;&#9617;|
DasPaipu = O==(°&#21475;°)==O LARIAT!l
Bankai = <--|- (-_-) -|--> Now I'm motivated.
WaifuTech = ...(>_>)==B(X_X) BIONIC ARRRRRM
FooblatSmash = ( &#9583;°&#21475;°&#65289;&#9583;&#9602;&#9603;&#9605;&#9606;&#9607;&#9608;&#9608;&#9608;&#9607;&#9606;&#9605;&#9603;&#9602;
DoomTime = ¯\(&#8640;&#8248;&#8636;)_ THIS GAME IS OVER !! &#9586;&#24417;&#9602;

We definitely need ones for Viper, Zero, Doom, Morrigan and Dormammu for Season's Beatings. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLEuY_z7OvA

1 million meterless damage.
3.5 bars of meter generated.

I knew there was something I forgot to post over here. Still mindbogglingly potent.

Dahbomb

2156780_o.gif

OK, so we've got:

NewGod = (&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)
HammerTime = &#12367;&#65288;>__ <)&#12445; - GET BACK (I still feel like we can do better. lol)
QuincyTime = (>°&#9649;°)>|-)------(T_T)->
RogTrap = LOG TRAP (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; [&#12491;&#12491;&#12491;]
ReadingRainbow = SPELL OF VISCANT (&#9581;°&#9649;°)&#9583;&#9636; |&#9617;&#9617;|
DasPaipu = O==(°&#21475;°)==O LARIAT!l
Bankai = <--|- (-_-) -|--> Now I'm motivated.
WaifuTech = ...(>_>)==B(X_X) BIONIC ARRRRRM

We definitely need ones for Viper, Zero, Doom, Morrigan and Dormammu for Season's Beatings. :p

I knew there was something I forgot to post over here. Still mindbogglingly potent.
Where are your Soul Drain results?! :-X

shaowebb

Holy hell that is insane. That starts off a low too so thats doable. May need an assist to setup, but that is doable. Even for uberhealthers with over 1 million health you could still xfactor spell of Vishanti AGAIN for the kill or on some teams DHC to kill them.

Here's hoping Vincent Price gets more play due to this now.

Time to celebrate.

No no Strange no...oh god...no...ah geez he's into the minibar again. Tony Stop him!

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Just got Iron Man's infinite and did a few reps. I'm in there! Not hard at all, just a bunch of little things you have to properly (j.H to the ground as low as possible to get it to work) but with more practice I should be able to get it more consistently and then start working on other directions in the corner and then midscreen.

As scummy as this sounds I like the infinite for timer scamming potential. You could easily put j.Ls into this combo to keep damage scaling as high as possible and maximize the amount of time you are wasting doing a long combo.

The 35 impact palm combo with Doom and Spencer? Yeah shit was awesome. Strange has one of the highest damage outputs and I think that is what Strange players are going to need to focus on. Getting him in from a TAC to go ham. And building all dat meter.

Narutimate Koryu vs Kappcom 3

System Changes
  • Maximum screen height cut in half
  • Launchers now ceiling bounce
  • Snap Backs can now be used in the air
  • Flight mode no longer counts towards special moves in the air
  • Flight mode can be activated any number of times per jump up to a total number of active frames(counts from 1st frame of startup)
  • All characters now retain dash momentum
  • Characters can block while air dashing
  • Characters cannot throw while air dashing
  • Raw tags no longer hit overhead
  • Raw tags force ground bounce on aerial opponents
  • Delayed Team Hyper Combos now possible by pressing both assist buttons during a hyper
  • TACs now cost half of a bar, no longer disregard hitstun, no longer affect meter
  • TACs cause spinning hard knockdown
  • Down TACs tag in 1st partner, Side TACs tag in 2nd partner, Up TACs ceiling bounce and don't tag
  • X-Factor no longer gives damage/speed boosts
  • X-Factor gives 1-hit passive super armor if activated when not in hitstun, lasts 5 seconds per x-factor level
  • X-Factor returns you to a neutral state if activated while in hitstun, no chip invulnerability
  • damage is reduced across the board by two-thirds
  • timer is extended to 300 real seconds
  • with 10 seconds left on the clock, damage is increased by 40%, speed is increased by 20%

Akuma
  • New Move: KKZ(222 L+M+H, costs 2 bars) invincible from frames 3-15, similar hit area to Dormammu's volcano, causes spinning knockdown
  • New Move: EX Demon Flip(421S), 80 frame startup, can fire 3 fireballs with L/M/H in any order, can be steered by holding 4/6, canceled with 2
Amaterasu
  • Projectile counter absorbs 3 times the attack's damage as meter
  • Airdash whip now has a hitbox, similar hitstun to Doom's jH
Arthur
  • Special moves are jump/double jump cancelable
  • Air Daggers can be fired without limit
Captain America
  • automatically reflects low priority projectiles while blocking
  • Hyper Charging Star is now +10 on block
Chris
  • Air Magnum is now mapped to command + H, can be fired in 8 directions
  • A+S while prone pulls up a sniper rifle to replace his pistol, causes crumple on hit
Chun-Li
  • Air dash speed increased, gained 6-way air dash
  • Fireball recovery decreases, fireball speed decreased, fireball durability increased to 6 points
Crimson Viper
  • j88 activates float mode, is normal-cancelable
  • S(hold) is now a 30-degree optic blast
Dante
  • New Move Gained: Doppleganger(22AA, costs two bars) - any inputs pressed during super freeze will be carried out by a 2nd dante for 240 frames
  • New Move Gained: Quicksilver(421AA, costs four bars) - opponent is frozen in place for 150 frames
Deadpool
  • teleport explosion is considered grounded, is special-cancelable
  • New Move Gained: Air Hyper Viper Beam(j214AA, cost one bar) - you already know
Doctor Doom
  • Rocks projectiles speed decreased, spread out as they move
  • Launcher OTGs
Doctor Strange
  • Air Discs of Denak are special-cancelable
  • Graces of Hoggoth no longer disappear when used
Dormammu
  • Purification assist tracks
  • Flame carpet no longer disappears when Dormammu is hit, is liberation-cancelable
  • 3C0D is a 4-frame unblockable attack
Felicia
  • Command Grab can now be used in the air
  • EX Charge adds hard knockdown to the next attack
  • Cat and Mouse is now crouch-cancelable
Firebrand
  • now has an 8-way airdash in addition to other air mobility
  • New assist: Talisman of the Cyclone - recovers 10,000 vitality
Frank West
  • shopping cart assist becomes a child's tricycle at level 5, double the active frames
  • beer chug doubles dash momentum, immune to crouch cancel
Ghost Rider
  • H whip attacks cause heavy chip damage
  • Dashes have 1 hit of super armor after 8th frame
Haggar
  • Dash replaced by a run, 15 frames uncancelable, super armor from the 3rd frame
  • A+S Throws pipe, causes untechable ground bounce
Hawkeye
  • poison effect no longer has time limit
  • 6M is now special-cancelable
Hsien-Ko
  • New Move: anko hou(bomb, 4H) - Air OK, special-cancelable
  • Movement speed doubled, airdash length doubled
Hulk
  • Dash replaced by a run, 15 frames uncancelable, super armor from the 3rd frame
  • gains passive super armor at <50% health
Iron Fist
  • Launcher no longer hits grounded opponents
Iron Man
  • extra delay on forward/downforward air dashes added to all other air dashes
  • flight movement speed doubled
  • flight startup cut to 1 frame
  • flight time increased to 400 frames
  • knee drop added(j2M), is special-cancelable
  • hover mode added
  • horizontal range on bombs increased, hitstun decreased
Jill
  • Mad Beast now costs one bar
  • double jump added
M.O.D.O.K.
  • Assists are powered up if understanding is charged
  • shield now lasts 240 frames
Magneto
  • New Move added: Hyper Attraction(421S, costs one bar) - full screen hit-throw that drags the opponent to him
  • New Move added: Tengu Stone(22AA, costs two bars) - hit em wid da satellites
Morrigan
  • All soul fists drain meter, S version has 1 medium durability
Nemesis
  • command grabs absorb health
Nova
  • delay from airdashes removed, airdash speed increased
  • slide range doubled for same frames
Phoenix
  • Healing field also siphons meter
Phoenix Wright
  • Turnabout mode is now permanent once gained
  • Wright no longer finds bad evidence
Rocket Raccoon
  • Rocket Skates are now normal-cancelable
  • Two traps can be activated simultaneously
Ryu
  • SRK assist is now invincible from the 1st frame until the 2nd active frame
  • tatsu reflects projectiles
Sentinel
  • Gains passive super armor during flight mode
She-Hulk
  • Old slide returned, projectile-invulnerable from 3rd frame
Shuma-Gorath
  • All eye blasts and lasers do damage as meter drain
  • Mystic Stare attached permanently and doesn't disappear when Shuma is hit, activated manually with A+S
Spencer
  • Bionic Arm can be used in the air
  • New move gained: Gun Strafe - A+S during web swing to fire a pistol in one of 3 directions
Spider-Man
  • New move gained: Spider-Sense - dodges all high and mid attacks while blocking on the ground
Storm
  • Elemental Rage now puts the opponent in a slow state
  • double typhoon recovers before active frames begin
Strider Hiryu
  • Orbs costs one bar, builds meter
Super-Skrull
  • New Move Gained: Invisibility(A+S) - lasts for 120 frames
Taskmaster
  • Taskmaster is invincible against any attack that triggers his counter for the duration of the match
  • Shield skills reflects projectiles
Thor
  • Thor is invincible during Mighty Speech
Trish
  • Can place two of each trap
Tron Bonne
  • drill assist is the H version
  • New Move: "When Will I See Megaman?"(421AA, costs 5 bars) - triggers a time over
Vergil
  • can bold cancel normal moves in the air(A+S)
  • Summoned Swords persists on tag out
Viewtiful Joe
  • Viewtiful God Hand now slows down time for the entire opposing party
  • successful dodges cause crumple
Wesker
8-way air gunshot, OTGs
gained an air dash
Wolverine
  • can aim dive kick down as well as down-forward
  • Berserker charge adds invincibility to berserker slash
X-23
  • can do multiple dives in the air
  • her hops now have limited invincibility
Zero
  • New Move Gained: Leaf Shield(22AA, one bar) - makes Zero invincible against Storm
  • New Move Gained: Soccer Ball(A+S) - I'm Pele!

Nah, IF's launcher needs to hit low, OTG, and serve as an AA. He also gets a guard break rekka punch. And Rising Fang can be inputted out of rekkas. Also gets a divekick and a triple jump.

Go ham.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah Beardo the point of a Kyouryu Sentai Zyuranger edition is to make stuff brokener.

So I don't know why you tried to make things more fair with things like "can't throw during airdash"

Azure J

I like how for as tame a Koryu list that is, seeing Strider with one meter orbs that he can build meter during made me smile and say "that's my shit right there." :lol

Also, Viper with a Float mode is too godlike.

LakeEarth

Bored in class.

Theorizing about a new Hawkeye team.

Hawkeye/Doom/Ammy.

Ya?

Not sure if Ammy helps Hawkeye much (maybe some trick shot crossup setups), but otherwise great. Doom's other BFF Strider wouldn't really help that much, as Vajra controls the same space Missles does.

DHC synergy may be a problem though.

Oh crap! Infinites get even better.

mr. puppy

Banned
Since mr. puppy is so sure the combination is ass, I bet he knows. :)

fine, i'm gonna take Vergil/Strange/Ammy to training mode tonight while season's beatings is on and try to figure out if these team is:

ass
sorta ass
meh
kinda good
good
godlike
godbeard going to steal this
nerdjosh going to steal this

this is the tier rankings for my teams from now on.

Bored in class.

Theorizing about a new Hawkeye team.

Hawkeye/Doom/Ammy.

Ya?
Eh. You can do X/Doom/Ammy, where X is any character in the game, and the team will turn out well. That'll work, but it's not particularly noteworthy. And Hawkeye/Doom/Strider would probably be better.

fine, i'm gonna take Vergil/Strange/Ammy to training mode tonight while season's beatings is on and try to figure out if these team is:

ass
sorta ass
meh
kinda good
good
godlike
godbeard going to steal this
nerdjosh going to steal this

this is the tier rankings for my teams from now on.
I look forward to the results!
lol @ those rankings

Azure J

So I just realized that I've been playing Dante wrong just now. All of my BnBs can generate 2 meters (at the least) at max efficiency, I can utilize the Grapple reset with a fair bit of consistency and I've never put two and two together. Goddamn I am slow.

Time for more Devil Must Dies!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Eh. You can do X/Doom/Ammy, where X is any character in the game, and the team will turn out well. That'll work, but it's not particularly noteworthy. And Hawkeye/Doom/Strider would probably be better.

Yeah but with that team Strider does the same thing as Doom, at least for Hawkeye.

With Ammy assist I was thinking that if I'm cornered just st. M with Cold Star then jump out of the corner for free.

Also I might be able to get 2 Poison Tips in a combo with Hawkeye with Cold Star, though I haven't tested it yet.

Dahbomb

Panda where is the gif of IM equipping his new suit in mid air?

Also I just saw that IM infinite against incoming character.. what kind of sorcery is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom