• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
2Jxzi.jpg

Stole from srk.

Damn that Shinkiro art is awesome. Thats probably the other side of the poster that they are giving out at the vita hill fight clubs. Kinu and Shinkiro on one poster is better damn broken. Hopefully I can get one next saturday

By the way does anyone have a link to the Nova video that combofiend said he got all his tech from?

Just got called a sad nigga cause I won with Ghost Rider... That's the 2nd time that's happened. People really hate that standing H lol.

They don't know about that grown man swag..

Hawkeye relaunch tech... got it down within an hour or so, so hopefully I'll be using this at next ranbats/tourney/whatever. Credit to Hawkeye boards at SRK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml7SnbQgjVg

I <3 you, Jeremy Renner. I'm just glad he has an actual combo now aside from BBCS crap :p Does good things for his throw damage too.

COMBOEYE 4EVA. Got me looking to learn more real stuff with him.

Solune

Been working on some teams, but mainly working on Jill now. I've watched some vids of her BnBs, but they leave something to be desired. Anyone seen any new tech of her lately?

The change from MvC2 to 3 is so much smaller than that of 1 to 2 it's sad. Spinning off H&H into a shitty mode instead of turning it into an MVC style selectable assist system is BS. Lack of a duo team system is also sad. Customizable assists and cross over combinations should have been standard. MvC3 could have been crazy as fuck.

smurfx

get some go again
gg's biza. who would of thought your nova and wesker would be an even bigger pain in the ass to me than zero. every time it would come down to level 3 wesker i knew i was in for some shit and i always got smoked. i tried blocking all those cross ups and one would always get through. nova is another character that is made of bullshit. hit you from across the damn screen with that stupid slide and the biggest b.s throw range in the game. also i don't know what it is about this stupid game and my controller but i did haggars punching hyper a bunch of times and the stupid game always gave me stomach press. i'm not lying when i say i probably only get rapid fire fist 2/10 times when doing the motion. the good thing is that this match really helped me with learning zero's angles and when to punish. also this made me want to step it up with my zero. :p

The change from MvC2 to 3 is so much smaller than that of 1 to 2 it's sad. Spinning off H&H into a shitty mode instead of turning it into an MVC style selectable assist system is BS. Lack of a duo team system is also sad. Customizable assists and cross over combinations should have been standard. MvC3 could have been crazy as fuck.
Why are you complaining about this stuff now?

Also, you are in the wrong thread. MvC2's successor is still a few weeks away from release and it has all those features ready for launch.

custom crossover combinations is sexy as fuck goddamn

Bizazedo

gg's biza. who would of thought your nova and wesker would be an even bigger pain in the ass to me than zero. every time it would come down to level 3 wesker i knew i was in for some shit and i always got smoked. i tried blocking all those cross ups and one would always get through. nova is another character that is made of bullshit. hit you from across the damn screen with that stupid slide and the biggest b.s throw range in the game. also i don't know what it is about this stupid game and my controller but i did haggars punching hyper a bunch of times and the stupid game always gave me stomach press. i'm not lying when i say i probably only get rapid fire fist 2/10 times when doing the motion. the good thing is that this match really helped me with learning zero's angles and when to punish. also this made me want to step it up with my zero. :p

Heh, I love Nova :).

Good games, did what I wanted, more xp vs Haggar / Task. Must do again before this weekend.

And yeah, I also love trying to figure out a way in with Wesker. Not that it's super hard compared to Nova, but still.

Dahbomb

Fanatiq and FChamp got into a heated tier discussion on stream on their FG channel apparently. Would love to hear the contents of that discussion.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/12/umvc3-viper-vergil-taskmaster-team-synergy/

Viper/Vergil/Task synergy kinda tempted to pick this team up :/
Nice Vergil resets although I prefer a Teleport M + assist instead of Rapid Slash in that HSH reset.

Oh and Yipes has leveled up his Vergil if RayRay's statements are to be believed:

He's been playing Hawkeye,Dante,Nova and Spencer,Vergil,Hawkeye. His vergil is ridiculous. Winter brawl is this weekend you'll get to see his "updated" vergil

Fanatiq and FChamp got into a heated tier discussion on stream on their FG channel apparently. Would love to hear the contents of that discussion.

Nice Vergil resets although I prefer a Teleport M + assist instead of Rapid Slash in that HSH reset.

Oh and Yipes has leveled up his Vergil if RayRay's statements are to be believed:

That's the magic of having a 24/7 hour stream; there are always archives.

Why are you complaining about this stuff now?

Also, you are in the wrong thread. MvC2's successor is still a few weeks away from release and it has all those features ready for launch.

custom crossover combinations is sexy as fuck goddamn

I really hope you aren't calling Skullgirls or SFxT the successor to Marvel.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
It looks closer to Marvel 2 than 3 does, to me. The focus on actual resets plays a big role in helping that, I think. It is a hybrid of many games though.

two weeks into vergil and morrigan and i can confidently say that i am fucking terrible at them.

its weird with morrigan trying to get used to her command grab airthrow instead of just option selecting like nova, etc.

also, searching google for help with those two is fucking weird man: http://absoluteluigi.tumblr.com/post/12090195117/arnwaldan-vergil-x-morrigan
D:
It's more like a combination of many games, I think Solar is just caught up in the hype.
Nope, it's more like MvC2 than any game in this generation. I'm not going to push it onto people though. They can find out for themselves. The game is still it's own thing with unique tag ins, custom assists, viable point performance across the board and lower air combos. MvC2 is something that could never be replicated by anyone in this gen though. Hell, Capcom would have a better chance at replicating Vampire than they would MvC2.

It was the perfect storm of broken that people could actually get into. That just can't happen today.
ASW fans aren't known for their logic.
I wouldn't call myself an ASW fan. I did drop CS for MvC3 without a second thought. BB is still more or less average as a fighter to me too. There have been far better fighters in the past.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

I haven't been able to watch it yet but it looks like Yipes was playing at Combofiend's house recently. Can get a peak at his Vergil here.

http://youtu.be/IZ8FSdtQ6j8

edit- err don't watch it.

Azure J

That RayRay tweet reminded me that I have that set between Yipes and F. Champ to watch through. I really love how Yipes plays this game and hearing that his Vergil leveled up sounds like Winter Brawl's gonna be great. :D

Edit: How did I get Winrich there? :lol

two weeks into vergil and morrigan and i can confidently say that i am fucking terrible at them.

its weird with morrigan trying to get used to her command grab airthrow instead of just option selecting like nova, etc.

also, searching google for help with those two is fucking weird man: http://absoluteluigi.tumblr.com/post/12090195117/arnwaldan-vergil-x-morrigan

Don't know if saved.

Solune

Nope, it's more like MvC2 than any game in this generation. I'm not going to push it onto people though. They can find out for themselves. The game is still it's own thing with unique tag ins, custom assists, viable point performance across the board and lower air combos. MvC2 is something that could never be replicated by anyone in this gen though. Hell, Capcom would have a better chance at replicating Vampire than they would MvC2.

It was the perfect storm of broken that people could actually get into. That just can't happen today.

I wouldn't push it either, because I don't agree. But I do fully agree that we would never see something in the vein of MvC2 again, simply because it wouldn't run with casuals. SG takes a lot of cues from MvC2, DHCs, Assists, Crossover counters (Alpha counters), but that's not enough to me to say it resembles MvC2 more than MvC3. In fact I would say it resembles BB or GG more than Marvel if anything, this isn't a bad thing of course. Although there's still alot of time before we see, since most of us haven't gotten our hands on it, but based on videos, that's my assessment.

Just to clarify, I'm not even hating on SG, I'm very much looking forward to it. There's still some things SG would need to be able to take the moniker of "successor" to Marvel 2, and it's not just because of the namesake. SG is looking great, from system direction to music to the aesthetics, but it's missing something from the formula.

Here Beefy Beefy, let's play some Æ.

I'm waiting on my ride to get to class. If I'm still here in 30 minutes, then sure.

EDIT: Speak of the devil. Getting ready to leave now, maybe we can play later.

EDIT 2: FALSE ALARM LOL. I'll be on in a few minutes, just going to send an email really quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom