• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecco

Fanatiq put Thor at the very bottom. Wright was hilariously as high as Rocket Racoon, and I think higher than Shuma too.

They looked at Honzo's list, and Fanatiq laughed at the notion of Tasky being higher than Hawkeye. He also said that Vergil has no way of opening people up or getting in.

Most people rate Hawkeye higher than Task its to be expected. I think those people are wrong though.

Also Vergils teleport is trash.

Abegen posted his own tier list

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/umv...5m5nh4ibmc6kcyjukjhqo7h25p8iaxjw-bkh-naABEGEN

ykVv4.png

I think Felicia that low is the biggest thing i disagree with in this list.

Dahbomb

Yeah Task and Hawkeye are about equal. Task has edge in that he can actually rush you down and pressure you plus hits like a truck but Hawkeye has Gimlet meaning you have to think about pressing buttons no matter where you are at the screen plus he get nearly a full combo off of any throw. Also Hawkeye is by default the best projectile based zoning character in the game thanks to Spritzer, very fast arrows going full screen, Gimlet and half screen slide. His assist is also better than Task's.

CPS2

Found a Zero lag-switcher online. Oh boy. :|

EDIT: How do I do Doom combos mid-screen? It feels like I'm fucked unless I can corner them.

I think the easiest way to relaunch mid screen is launch, j.M (2 hits) xx 6H xx addf, j.M(on the way down, do it as low as possible), then crouching MS or crouching MHS.

Doing a 2nd set the exact same way is possible but the timing gets a lot tighter, so you pretty much have to hit S after 6H to do the hard knockdown, then air dash down and hit M, which whiffs, so that you fall quickly, then tri jump to move forward and st.HS.

That should give you 2 relaunches, there's a few other ways as well but I haven't really got them down yet. With that first combo I mentioned you can extend it like S, j.M xx 6H xx addf j.M, land on the ground, j.M xx 6HS add, land, tri jump, st.HS.

I'm still learning Doom and these are pretty much the things I'm starting out with midscreen.

Dahbomb

The combo is Buktooth relaunch:

LMHS j.M f+H air dash down forward j.M (like he said do it as low as possible) MHS

After the launch you can just do MM f+H S. You should be close to the corner by now. As soon as you do the S, follow it up with air dash down in the air and j.M which whiffs but you fall to the ground fast enough to do an easy relaunch. If you are still away from the screen you will have to do a tri-dash to get closer.

Alternatively in the Buktooth after you do the falling j.M you can fall and then jump back up again and do j.MMHS which will put you really close to the ground to OTG.

In the corner Doom's combo is brain dead easy. I played some Doom in Vanilla, learned the Buktooth (really you only need to know one rep and then do an easier follow up... doing 2 or more of them requires more precise timing) and some variations after which I dropped him to continue playing IM.

Thanks for the buktooth tips CPS2 and Dahbomb. I've been practicing the clock loop for midscreen but I still drop it too often. I'll give buktooth another shot next time I play doom.

mr. puppy

Banned
Been out of the loop for a while, no word or rumors on balance patches or new DLC characters or anything along those lines?

no, the consensus (here at least) is to let the game develop at least until post evo so we can figure out what exactly we're dealing with while we make fun of people pretending like gems in sfXt aren't retarded

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Got OCV'd by the best X23 in the world. Apparently he's not the strongest player in his team, so don't be surprise to see 3 Dutchmen in the top 3 of the UMvC3 singles for WGC.

That'd be cool to see. Wasn't aware they had an actual scene.

mr. puppy

Banned
does anybody here play Iron Fist? I have seen absolutely no discussion or tech from him since Justin won that tourney like two months ago and I wanted to see whats new with him.

Grecco

I wish Taskmasters horizontal assist was better, its my biggest complaint with the character. In my team switching form Task to Hawkeye is a ridiculous difference.

smurfx

get some go again
I wish Taskmasters horizontal assist was better, its my biggest complaint with the character. In my team switching form Task to Hawkeye is a ridiculous difference.
i wish hawkeye's horizontal assist was that piercing shot he has. that would be way better than his current one. it also goes farther than scatter shot.

Jenga

Banned
I think Task is better than Hawk, his versatility just makes him a better fit and gives you way more options.

However, Hawk does have his good matchups and usually dominates everyone who can't deal with him. Even as a Hawk player, I'd still say Task edges him out overall.

Vice

I'm going to enter my first UMVC3 tournament today. I'll probably end up getting bodied by the local pro players.

Azure J

You know what's kinda funny? Remember how I championed Dante/Vergil/Morrigan for the longest? I just realized that substituting Morrigan with Felicia (and perhaps changing the order of the Super Sparda Bros.) on that team turns it into straight fucking brokenness.

If only Sand Splash hit low... :lol

Dahbomb

Got OCV'd by the best X23 in the world. Apparently he's not the strongest player in his team, so don't be surprise to see 3 Dutchmen in the top 3 of the UMvC3 singles for WGC.
Oh wow... Japan free even in EU.

I want to see this X-23 play but later... WB is up.

You know what's kinda funny? Remember how I championed Dante/Vergil/Morrigan for the longest? I just realized that substituting Morrigan with Felicia (and perhaps changing the order of the Super Sparda Bros.) on that team turns it into straight fucking brokenness.
Sons of Sparda with any character is godlike.

Azure J

Every character in this game is fucking stupid. I wish if they would be made more stupid to counter other characters stupid. This isn't deliberate fighter, this is MAHVEL. :lol

I know it's Winter Brawl weekend, but we're streaming right now, AND it's actually live for once.

http://es-mx.twitch.tv/versusmx

We haven't had the chance to fix the audio though, so it will still sound "underwater". We will be doing casuals for a while, if you see a raccoon chances are really high that it is me. Don't expect to see me in the chat though, I'm on my cellphone.

Azure J

What the fuck

He ascended from Maverick Hunter to God of Destruction tier man.

Seriously though, that shit is just too fucking cool looking. It's one of those things you'd explode from hype watching, be even more hyped pulling off, or be intensely salty but secretly hyped out of your ass getting hit by it.

Hey all.

My Neogaf account was just activated after over 6 months of gestation.

For those who have played with me on PSNGaf before, I am known as emeraldphoenix7 (or the Nemesis Guy/NemRespect) online.

Tobe

Hey all.

My Neogaf account was just activated after over 6 months of gestation.

For those who have played with me on PSNGaf before, I am known as emeraldphoenix7 (or the Nemesis Guy/NemRespect) online.

you got lucky it took me 1 year and 7 months, and welcome.

how come PSN is full of nemesis and hulk? well at least they pick shit characters so they arent a threat in the nline world... stay freeeeeeeesn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom