• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
you got lucky it took me 1 year and 7 months, and welcome.

how come PSN is full of nemesis and hulk? well at least they pick shit characters so they arent a threat in the nline world... stay freeeeeeeesn

Better to be good with shit characters than be shit with good characters, right ToFree? :D

Degen

Hey all.

My Neogaf account was just activated after over 6 months of gestation.

For those who have played with me on PSNGaf before, I am known as emeraldphoenix7 (or the Nemesis Guy/NemRespect) online.
great white nem! Let's rocket launch these frauds
(this is Dragon "
920da.gif
" 17013)

Better to be good with shit characters than be shit with good characters, right ToFree? :D

O_GOD_DAMN.gif

I‘m so fucking salty right now. I was about to win, with RR of all my characters, and the power goes out. Then when redoing the match I lost because I literally ran straight into the pipe with Ammy‘s glaive -____-

Tobe

dude i srsly dont want to give you another bad avatar for a month. but hey hit me up when you get a 360 cause lag wont help you for shit in the better side of online. and just to clarify sentinel is ass.

This may have already been discussed but does anyone know why combofiend decided to go with mag/she-hulk/sent at WNF's grand finals? It definitely wasn't a good look, but he refused to switch it up.

rexor0717

I think Task is better than Hawk, his versatility just makes him a better fit and gives you way more options.

However, Hawk does have his good matchups and usually dominates everyone who can't deal with him. Even as a Hawk player, I'd still say Task edges him out overall.

I don't think anyone would dispute that Hawkeye has superior zoning. But what he doesn't have is air-to-ground arrows. This is super good for Taskmaster. And Task's damage is far superior to Hawkeye's. I would say they are both pretty close to each other though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
dude i srsly dont want to give you another bad avatar for a month. but hey hit me up when you get a 360 cause lag wont help you for shit in the better side of online. and just to clarify sentinel is ass.

I like how Beef is involved with every grudge match. Beef, I fully support you here... unless this turns into a tag team match
playa
. In which case uh.. my back...

you got lucky it took me 1 year and 7 months, and welcome.

how come PSN is full of nemesis and hulk? well at least they pick shit characters so they arent a threat in the nline world... stay freeeeeeeesn

Thank you, and kindly shut yo face. Nemesis is and always will be my one true main (aside from maybe Taskmaster) and as long as he and I coexist, I will continue to use him to steal cheap, undeserved victories.

And if scrubs can win--and they can--then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend.

Peace.

Just got back from the vita hill fight club in San Fran. Got top 8 in the tourney and the guy I lost too was pretty good. He used X-23/Morrigan/Spencer and won the whole thing so I didnt feel too bad. The left analog is way to close to the d-pad and as a result all my qcf and dragon punch motions turn into an up-forward jump as my inner thumb kept hitting the analog in that direction when trying to perfom those motions. All in all it was a fun and chill event. One of the hosts was even commentating on the matches. My brother and I got dat poster too.

Before
p1010973s.jpg

After
p1010977g.jpg

Solune

This may have already been discussed but does anyone know why combofiend decided to go with mag/she-hulk/sent at WNF's grand finals? It definitely wasn't a good look, but he refused to switch it up.

Probably because Justin wasn't using his main team either, and they might have just split the pot after.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ok that's teams. I linked the singles.

Team Netherlands really strong. That X-23 is legit for sure.

I just missed that. Caught it starting from the fraud time out win and beyond.

Yo beef, you still gunna try and defend Billy and Doom's honor cause I'm still looking forward to challenge. Granted I might get exposed.... But if your free friday, we should play ultimate.

Probably because Justin wasn't using his main team either, and they might have just split the pot after.

Yeah that's probably all accurate, but at least wong ran through the tourney with that team, whereas combofiend sat on that team until he made GF... where it didn't really matter if the pot split occurred.

Bizazedo

Oh so Philly cops dont care about crips and bloods shooting each other but they care about fire hazards. Lame!

Yah, that was nuts. I was in the lobby when the people were at the desk threatening to call the cops. Looks like they did.

"I don't care if there's a fucking convention, I want to sleep!"

In fairness, if you weren't there for the tourney, it's a horrendous time to stay. It's SO noisy until 5 am every night.

I met with disaster. Crushing people in casuals, and then, my heavily modified controller's wire broke. I had to use a different one, and, welp, my handi-hands :(.

Was still fun as hell, though, but the results were disappointing.

Frantic

Yah, that was nuts. I was in the lobby when the people were at the desk threatening to call the cops. Looks like they did.

"I don't care if there's a fucking convention, I want to sleep!"

In fairness, if you weren't there for the tourney, it's a horrendous time to stay. It's SO noisy until 5 am every night.

I met with disaster. Crushing people in casuals, and then, my heavily modified controller's wire broke. I had to use a different one, and, welp, my handi-hands :(.

Was still fun as hell, though, but the results were disappointing.
That sucks, man. You definitely have the skill to go far in a tournament. Sucks when a spot of bad luck just ruins everything. :(

After seeing Neo play quite a few matches yesterday I think Dark Jean is still a serious threat in UMVC3.

Of course she is- the only problem is getting her in the first place.

In vanilla it was easy because meter gain was ridiculous and there was no meter stealing mechanic. So the only option was to snap for a 50/50 or kill off the team before she got 5.

Now you have TAC stealing and xfactor mixups and decreased meter building. Working for that meter is hard now and getting hit with Phoenix is actually dangerous even if you have 5 bars and they save their xfactor.

The most dangerous thing about Phoenix was never the fireballs, although half the cast couldn't do shit about it; it was always the 50/50 trap teleport mixups on characters.

Vice

Of course she is- the only problem is getting her in the first place.

In vanilla it was easy because meter gain was ridiculous and there was no meter stealing mechanic. So the only option was to snap for a 50/50 or kill off the team before she got 5.

Now you have TAC stealing and xfactor mixups and decreased meter building. Working for that meter is hard now and getting hit with Phoenix is actually dangerous even if you have 5 bars.

The most dangerous thing about dark Phoenix was never the fireballs, although half the cast couldn't do shit about it; it was always the 50/50 trap teleport mixups on characters.

I think the secret to playing Phoenix in Ultimate is not being afraid to burn a a bar to kill a character. Having Phoenix on the team will change your opponents play style enough to let your point and middle character survive a little longer than they normally would so you have more opportunities to build meter.

She's more of an insurance policy now but a very good one, especially if paired with Mag, Wesker or Zero.

I loved playing Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix and Magneto/Doom/Phoenix in Vanilla. I picked those teams for playstyle reasons and now that those playstyles have changed, it just isn't as fun to use Phoenix any more.

I'll still claim to my dying day that Magneto/Doom/Phoenix would have been the absolute best team in vanilla. Even without having played more than 2 people offline and nobody online, I would have got a lot farther at EVO than I did if I didn't keep fucking up the DHC(and I didn't have to borrow sticks). That combo was way too hard to do for the amount of time I started practicing it. 1.1 million bars for a combo that ends with two meters more than you started with. I might have been able to get out of my pool in losers.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Things I don't understand after seeing WB:

-The horrible Vergils.
-Weskers that still don't use palms or command grabs.
-People not killing off Zero when they touch him.
-Zero players getting a thousand touches on a character and not...actually...killing them.

-The horrible Vergils.
-Zero players getting a thousand touches on a character and not...actually...killing them.

Again, it has only been 3 months since the game released. Last year WB was full of fraud sentinels and crap like that too.

We need at least 6 months before people get wise.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

-The horrible Vergils.

Most of them were partying since Friday. Yipes himself said this and is sick. I'm sure that affected their performances.
I'm the same way. If I don't get proper rest after drinking my ass off, I'll get a mean cold the day after.

smurfx

get some go again
oh man i'm going through the worst streak ever right now on xbox live. god damn i'm playing like pure garbage.

Bizazedo

Most of them were partying since Friday. Yipes himself said this and is sick. I'm sure that affected their performances.
I'm the same way. If I don't get proper rest after drinking my ass off, I'll get a mean cold the day after.

This is very true.

I was sitting behind Yipes when he lost to Alucard. During every hyper / character select, he had his head in his hands and was trying to blink away the obvious hangover.

In a way it was funny, but yeah, everyone was hurting for a variety of reasons lol.

smurfx

get some go again
man after the worst start ever on live i ended on a pretty good note. got a 9 game win streak and beat this guy i've had trouble with a bunch of times. i even got some of the losses back killa gave me early on. :p

smurfx

get some go again
wow the things you learn when you use training mode with recording on. :eek: so taskmaster's shield skills goes through all of hawkeye's L,M,H arrows! not only that but i can escape getting hit by gimlet by doing taskmaster's counter hyper. holy crap this was some much needed info as hawkeye is one of my worst matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom