• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

wow the things you learn when you use training mode with recording on. :eek: so taskmaster's shield skills goes through all of hawkeye's L,M,H arrows! not only that but i can escape getting hit by gimlet by doing taskmaster's counter hyper. holy crap this was some much needed info as hawkeye is one of my worst matches.

afaik ever super that changes your state makes gimlet miss. like DT, berserker charge and the likes. also it kinda of logical that it misses since counter supers have some degree of invul in the startup.

oh an shield skills is made out of pure BS :D

kirblar

Things I don't understand after seeing WB:

-The horrible Vergils.
-Weskers that still don't use palms or command grabs.
-People not killing off Zero when they touch him.
-Zero players getting a thousand touches on a character and not...actually...killing them.
Because Wesker is played as a crutch.

smurfx

get some go again
afaik ever super that changes your state makes gimlet miss. like DT, berserker charge and the likes. also it kinda of logical that it misses since counter supers have some degree of invul in the startup.

oh an shield skills is made out of pure BS :D
i'm glad shield skills is made of BS considering all the crap i have to deal with being a zoner. :p i was also working on blocking teleport cross ups.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I understand that stuff to a point, but Wesker has been in the game since vanilla. While you can't teleport after a stray gunshot for a free combo (anymore...) he didn't change much. In fact, it's probably just as easy, if not easier, to do his extended palm combos, all thanks to the addition of teleporting after palm. ONE BUTTON is all you need to press: not even a qcf. >:|

While Zeus lightning tosses haven't been as big as an issue before (yay buster cancel), he's been in the game since vanilla.

I understand that stuff to a point, but Wesker has been in the game since vanilla. While you can't teleport after a stray gunshot for a free combo (anymore...) he didn't change much. In fact, it's probably just as easy, if not easier, to do his extended palm combos, all thanks to the addition of teleporting after palm. ONE BUTTON is all you need to press: not even a qcf. >:|

While Zeus lightning tosses haven't been as big as an issue before (yay buster cancel), he's been in the game since vanilla.
My mind was blown when I played Wesker for more than five minutes in training mode. It was literally blown. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the simplicity of his teleports/gun.

I remember how people were surprised by this since I had only tried him for an extend amount of time months after Vanilla came out.

Grecco

Things I don't understand after seeing WB:

-The horrible Vergils.

-Zero players getting a thousand touches on a character and not...actually...killing them.

Ill at least give my 2 cents here.

Zero is hard to use, at least his million damage plus nutty combos. Lightning Loops arent easy. That shit is dropable.

Vergil? Supremeely difficult character to use effectively. Some people still dont realize his terrible recovery with his normals, and the fact that you cant afford to whif them. A whiffed stinger is a dead vergil if you dont have meter. Plus people are stupid and put Vergil on point.

! not only that but i can escape getting hit by gimlet by doing taskmaster's counter hyper.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLLLLY?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?

Task is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzo9uy4xnP4

smurfx

get some go again
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLLLLLLLLLLLY?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?
yeah go into training mode and practice. it blew my mind when i saw it. zero can escape it too with sougenmmu but i didn't quite get the timing down as it was not my priority but its possible with him.

Azure J

My mind was blown when I played Wesker for more than five minutes in training mode. It was literally blown. I just couldn't wrap my mind around the simplicity of his teleports/gun.

I remember how people were surprised by this since I had only tried him for an extend amount of time months after Vanilla came out.

That was easily one of my favorite moments in the Vanilla OTs just because of how hilariously unprepared you were for that realization. :lol

wafflec0pter

Neo Member
Local Batttleess Chris G Remix by TWE SHELLSHOCKR: http://bit.ly/wOt1j1

Also that World Gaming Cup was pretty hype, Tokido really leveled up his Magneto. Sad to see Alioune go out so early though :/ . Word has it that OMGitzAndre lost his sponsorship after his performances this last weekend.

Tobe

Local Batttleess Chris G Remix by TWE SHELLSHOCKR: http://bit.ly/wOt1j1

Also that World Gaming Cup was pretty hype, Tokido really leveled up his Magneto. Sad to see Alioune go out so early though :/ . Word has it that OMGitzAndre lost his sponsorship after his performances this last weekend.

YOOOOOO ULLLLLLLLLLLLL. M SPONSOR C DENIED Z OMG ITZ ANDRE

edit: just saw the chris g remix THAT SHIT IS GODLIKE!!!! marlin doing the SOU SOU SOU SOU had me cracking.

Sigmaah

Taskmasters a type assist works so well with Zero, I can bring someone into the corner with that assist with Zero and then continue the combo with Dante's assist for that ToD!

I need to learn better Taskmaster combos though...

Grecco

It's not like he was directly sponsored by Mad Catz, he was part of DMG, which MCZ sponsors. There are only three players directly sponsored by MCZ.

Pretty much this. MCZ "Sponsors" a shit ton of teams, but really only sponsors one team.

Solune

Taskmasters a type assist works so well with Zero, I can bring someone into the corner with that assist with Zero and then continue the combo with Dante's assist for that ToD!

I need to learn better Taskmaster combos though...

Not to be "that" guy but Zero can already corner carry people, by himself. He's always had this ability since Vanilla. But Taskmaster assist is good if you want to keep that charge combo and is good for left/right mixups.

Tatsu is not better than EMD and triple shot. If anything, they're all around the same level.

Ssc2r.jpg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
yeah go into training mode and practice. it blew my mind when i saw it.
How do you get by for so long without knowing this stuff.

Looking up the invincibility frames for each move is one of the first things I do when picking up a character. That's the kind of thing that should come before any combo practice.

Sigmaah

I saw a guy at my work and saw him wearing an MvC hoodie, I went up to him and asked him if he plays U.MvC3 and he said yes, so I asked for his GT so we can play sometime and he gave it to me, we played today and I beat him pretty badly and then he removes me from his friend list :/ If I see him again at my work that will be very awkward... and he said he plays in tournaments LOL

I wanna send him a message but I dont know how that will go... what should I do?!?! he seemed so friendly!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How was Winter Brawl? In the coming days I'll catch up on it, was it worth watching and hype?

Haven't watched/played Marvel for a minute. Letting that soul burn right now.

JeTmAn81

I saw a guy at my work and saw him wearing an MvC hoodie, I went up to him and asked him if he plays U.MvC3 and he said yes, so I asked for his GT so we can play sometime and he gave it to me, we played today and I beat him pretty badly and then he removes me from his friend list :/ If I see him again at my work that will be very awkward... and he said he plays in tournaments LOL

I wanna send him a message but I dont know how that will go... what should I do?!?! he seemed so friendly!

Lol at guys getting all hard when they find out they aren't Justin Wong after all. If anything he should be grateful to play someone who's above his level and could help him get better.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How was Winter Brawl? In the coming days I'll catch up on it, was it worth watching and hype?

Haven't watched/played Marvel for a minute. Letting that soul burn right now.
I watched Day 1 and we had some good stuff. Top 16/ Top 8 must have been really good.
that's what I'm thinking too! I don't know how Mahvel causes people to get so salty... I can understand raging but removing me from your friends list over some matches? COME ON
What was your team and what was his team?

Sigmaah

Lol at guys getting all hard when they find out they aren't Justin Wong after all. If anything he should be grateful to play someone who's above his level and could help him get better.

that's what I'm thinking too! I don't know how Mahvel causes people to get so salty... I can understand raging but removing me from your friends list over some matches? COME ON

Sigmaah

ITS MAHVEL. The saltiest of salts comes from this game.

LMFAO!!! I know! I can see him raging but removing me off of his F/L? WDF BRO

If I see him at work again, its gonna be so awkward, I'll just make a troll face at him :>

also, any of you guys wanna play sometime? My GT is Sigmaah

I would love to play against some of you guys <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom