• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. puppy

Banned
noel vs unknown was a great series, even though a lot of stupid shit was done. also, noel's team is fucking awful as much as a i like his play :(

Dahbomb

LakeEarth

What am I missing with Unknown's corner Nemesis command grab setup? I do a simple combo into Wesker's OTG with forward tenticle, but they don't pop up high enough for the command grab. What am I missing?

Oil bomb loops, nice. Haven't seen that yet. I think the correct question is how many loops is RR going to end up having?

Boulder loop, grenade loop, rocket rom, and oil bomb loop.

Also, RR and Ammy seem to love each other. Slow into wild hopper and then go bear trap or whatever on there ass.

I really am wondering if you can somehow link all those loops RR has.

Sloosha

Oil bomb loops, nice. Haven't seen that yet. I think the correct question is how many loops is RR going to end up having?

Boulder loop, grenade loop, rocket rom, and oil bomb loop.

Also, RR and Ammy seem to love each other. Slow into wild hopper and then go bear trap or whatever on there ass.

I really am wondering if you can somehow link all those loops RR has.

Oil bomb loop into romskates --> oil carpet reset --> catch in a net trap --> grenade loop --> boulder loop.

lol. Would be hard.

Azure J

Parallax is banned? Damn. :(

Marvel on at the Break. Chris G with the serious Morrigan combos and a moderately leveled up Doom, looks like he's out for blood after Winter Brawl.

Azure J

Zeus is in the box arena chat talking about doing big things for Vergil at Final Round. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

I should not play this fucking game when I'm angry. Ugh, 15 losses in a row.

EDIT: HOLY FUCK, DID I SERIOUSLY JUST WHIFF DOOM'S LEVEL 3 AS VIPER WAS LANDING FROM HER HYPER?

Tobe

The funny thing is that I only wanted to win 4 more games so I could get the "800 Wins" title, but then I kept losing, and losing, and losing. My stubbornness + my hatred of stopping on a low note are entirely to blame.

Professor Free.

on a serious note, this is my last night in the us, oh dammit im gonna miss amazon and my sisters internet connection, well see you on the lag side of america gaf. hope there is a live lobby tomorrow.
1788715943.png

wafflec0pter

Neo Member
Yeah Zeus has been pretty irked at all the fraud Vergils out there. To be honest, Zeus' Vergil is really the only way that seems at all distinct from the rest of the Vergils I watch on stream and it's really moreso an intelligent application of Round Trip backed up by execution than anything else. Watch all those Vergils on TNT and you'll think he's the simplest character in the game.

I also noticed that no Zeros that show up at majors play the "Zero" teams, ie. the ones with Jam Session/Vajra/Drones, etc. WB6 showed us that Zero can potentially be a dominating force with Lightning Loops being shot out, but many of these were dropped and cost many Zero players games, such as when Flocker had a perfect on JWong and dropped his combo and ended up having Wolverine kill off his entire team. I still think Sam's Club is the best Zero right now in terms of how he pilots the character, although he might be potentially weaker than Flocker fundamentally. Him and GWStone battled it out in a great Zero mirror set at BattleForSouth Grand Finals: http://bit.ly/zUoAqd

Dahbomb

This is completely off topic but...

How the hell do you activate 4 player VS mode in MK9? I go in 4 player, accept VS mode but when the 4 controllers up the rest of the controllers can't move to the desired teams (they are stuck in the middle). I don't know what to do and I feel like a complete scrub right now.

Zeus is in the box arena chat talking about doing big things for Vergil at Final Round.
He has the best Vergil that's for sure. But I would be cautious about hyping oneself up especially in Marvel.

Burning Water

Neo Member
He's like Wesker. You can get a ton of damage with minimal effort, but you can eek out 100-200k more if you put in the time. His optimal midscreen B&B is hard, but you can do some major damage in the corner with stuff that isn't too bad.

Oh, no he di-int!

Anyway, I'm back in the lab, and I'd like some thoughts on an experimental team:

Zero (Hadangeki) / Storm (Double Typhoon) / Vergil (Judgement Cut)

I'm learning Zero and Storm (for real) and Anchor Vergil instead of keeping him in the usual 2nd slot. From experience thus far, this team bleeds meter. Zero runs shit for as long as possible until Sougenmu DHC into Hailstorm, and I have Sougenmu Hadangeki assist and Judgment Cut to help Storm and Vergil. I still need to get the hang of Raikousen xx LV3 Buster xx Raikousen online. For Vergil, I've used his BnBs and Round Trip with Storm assist for funny left-right mixups and resets, and his assist to cover Zero for whatever. I've also been able to protect Storm and Vergil assists with Zero pretty well, between various uses of raw Hadangeki H, LV3 Buster, and Raikousen. Storm is Storm. I can usually catch people trying to punish my assists with Elemental Rage, but outside that and her neat looking combos, I still need to get her flight combos down. If/when Zero and Storm are killed off, Vergil walks onto the field with meter and LV3XF, assuming I've withstood meter-stealing and snap backs. The only obvious issue I have is health. This team is softer than Charmin. The only way I can think of mitigating this is to capitalize on hit confirms better and to maximize my combos, or else eat a combo and die fast.

Any tips or suggestions?

smurfx

get some go again
damn i've been getting some good results from my haggar/taskmaster/hawkeye team. only thing that hurts me is that taskmasters arrows are too slow to keep characters from being able to keep me out. this is where i love zero's projectiles as they come out really fast and lets haggar get in with no problem. gotta keep experimenting and work on getting in with my haggar/task/hawkeye team. i use poison tip with hawkeye since it lets me relaunch easy so i can't use his other much faster assist.

Bizazedo

Great damage off of ABCS BBCS something into hyper. Crazy when x-factored. Though admittedly, his launcher is not -1 when blocked and his advanced stuff is more complicated.

Don't forget he can punish you for sneezing.

I hate Spencer as much as people hate Wesker.

Dahbomb

Wait a minute why did he get banned? Was it for calling Smash a non-fighter or for asking about illegal gambling stuff? I seriously can't tell.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Professor Free.

on a serious note, this is my last night in the us, oh dammit im gonna miss amazon and my sisters internet connection, well see you on the lag side of america gaf. hope there is a live lobby tomorrow.

Oh man. Where do you came from? I will miss to be frustrated by your bullshit teams. Good luck with whatever you can do. I will try my best and be on for your final night.

JeTmAn81

Yeah Zeus has been pretty irked at all the fraud Vergils out there. To be honest, Zeus' Vergil is really the only way that seems at all distinct from the rest of the Vergils I watch on stream and it's really moreso an intelligent application of Round Trip backed up by execution than anything else. Watch all those Vergils on TNT and you'll think he's the simplest character in the game.

I also noticed that no Zeros that show up at majors play the "Zero" teams, ie. the ones with Jam Session/Vajra/Drones, etc. WB6 showed us that Zero can potentially be a dominating force with Lightning Loops being shot out, but many of these were dropped and cost many Zero players games, such as when Flocker had a perfect on JWong and dropped his combo and ended up having Wolverine kill off his entire team. I still think Sam's Club is the best Zero right now in terms of how he pilots the character, although he might be potentially weaker than Flocker fundamentally. Him and GWStone battled it out in a great Zero mirror set at BattleForSouth Grand Finals: http://bit.ly/zUoAqd

I'm assuming Sam's Club is the Merrururur guy in that video. I must say, wow. That guy is crazy good with Zero. One of those players who makes you dread what's ahead for the game when everyone gets their stuff dialed in that much. Not only that, but he actually knows how to play Vergil and Dante as well. All kinds of nasty crossups no matter what character he was using. I saw a couple of things with Vergil that reminded me of all the potential Dahbomb is always talking about that nobody's really taking advantage with him (launch with Vergil + Jam Session, stay on the ground and make them guess which way to block since they can't see you!). This guy might be the best player I've never really heard of before now.

smurfx

get some go again
you guys ever get random game invites from people you've never seen before? yesterday i got a game invite from a guy from the netherlands i think. it was pretty laggy too so i only went 5 games.

LordAlu

Wow! UMvC3 on Vita is very impressive. It's missing some graphical effects, and others are a bit low res, but it's all here. The controls are a little hard to get used to (the Vita's buttons are so small), but this will be great for me to get some practice in away from my 360.

Bizazedo

its surprisingly not that bad considering my crappy internet
for US standards

Your internet is amazing for where you are (in terms of connection when we play).

I think it's given you some bad habits in-game (you TAC way too much), but it's definitely playable.

Dahbomb

I have been hearing of Sam's Club/Atashiwa/Ariusa/whatever since early days of Vanilla. Viscant made a big deal about him and hyped him up although he didn't attend EVO. He plans to attend this year. He used to play Chris/Zero/Dante and now he has replaced Chris with Vergil.

He changes his tag name a lot, makes him hard to track but yeah... he has one of the best Zero's in the country.

Bizazedo

I remember Atashiwa from vanilla days.

He edged me in those days, but I used Hulk :). He was very good.

Not insane or anything, though.

JeTmAn81

Ah, I do remember Atashiwa. Didn't know it was the same guy. He should stop changing his name so he can build some recognition.

Tobe

Oh, I'm sure you're in the same position as me. Damn Mexican internet >_>
yeah kinda tho here claro(telmex) has supposedly simetrical speeds, not like telefonica who offers just adsl. and they only insure a minimum of 10% of your speeds, tho ive been bitched about it and i usually get 80~95% of what i pay. i wish i could get at least a decent up speed to let me some poverty games on twitch :(.
oh and nobody else in my house uses the internet so i get full control over it 100% of the time.

Your internet is amazing for where you are (in terms of connection when we play).

I think it's given you some bad habits in-game (you TAC way too much), but it's definitely playable.

i know man, its just something that i do but its not cause of the lag its cause i find it cheap and i hate when ppl do it to me so might as well do it to them. tho know i dont use it as much unless i know ppl arent expecting it.

i hope to get some matches and try my morrigan out, its decent tho comboing online with morrigan seems a little hard :p

i also think i should start playing viper, online and everything that bitch is CHEAP and the more i get used to her the better. happily i get back today in fact im typing from the MIA. i wished my flight had wifi like my DC to miami flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom