• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Started playing this game again on the Vita, but I'm still really scrubby. I was wondering if a team of Taskmaster/Iron Man/Hawkeye would work and what assists/order should I play them in? I'm choosing them based solely on their costumes and appearance so yeah. :x
Iron Man 2nd for Unibeam assist. I would say the order you've listed is pretty good. Taskmaster would benefit more from assists helping him get in than Hawkeye would. Ofcourse I wouldn't hesitate to switch Taskmaster/Hawkeye depending on who you feel more comfortable with as an anchor or on point.

Bizazedo

Running a local tournament this weekend in Philly. Can't wait to see what it's like "on the other side."

Anticipating nothing, expecting anything.

/crosses fingaz.

Tobe

Running a local tournament this weekend in Philly. Can't wait to see what it's like "on the other side."

Anticipating nothing, expecting anything.

/crosses fingaz.

gonna give you some tips cause usually im on the other side in my scene.

get a microphone or a Megaphone, extremely useful, you dont want to be yelling and getting your throat all fucked up in 30 minutes.

EXPECT ppl to be late (depending on the scene bla bla bla) so if you make an event over fb or something just trick them into thinking the tourney is early. if the tournament should start at 3, say its 2:15.

challonge on an ipad is godlike, but iphones, tablets can run it. use that to your advatange while organizing. HAVE a back up paper bracket

always have a letter or number of the game stations just so you can say for example: dahbomb versus degen Station A.

money always upfront beofre the tournament and if you can do uit earlier its way better you can start doing the brackets a day before.

crowd control is hard so always run the best matches on the station with more open space so ppl dont cram into tiny spaces.

dankir

I had a fun set against Solarpowered today. My Nemesis, Nova, Wesker vs his Morrigan, Doom and Ammy. Funniest moment was when I had Nemesis up against Morrigan I killed off Morrigan with a Launcher slam and his Doom came out for a hidden missles as Moriggan died. So Doom was there alone out there snapping his fingers and I just jump up and fire a rocket in Doom's face and won the match lol.

Good stuff Steelyhawk :D

Ken

Iron Man 2nd for Unibeam assist. I would say the order you've listed is pretty good. Taskmaster would benefit more from assists helping him get in than Hawkeye would. Ofcourse I wouldn't hesitate to switch Taskmaster/Hawkeye depending on who you feel more comfortable with as an anchor or on point.

Awesome, thanks for the input. Now to learn some BnBs...

Tobe

well thats it for the dream, we still lag like crazy i mean its smooth but delayed quite a bit solar :( tho its way better than vanilla. i really hope BB netcode treats us better.

i know you loved one of my thor resets
one of the 3 that i landed lol cause you were imposible to catch with a comman grab

Bizazedo

Is it wrong that my entire suggestion to go 360 vs PSN was a veiled attempt to fight Q or watch Q fight and see how good my fellow cripple was lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even post here and even I know Q has some condition.
Stay free Marvel thread.
I know Q's condition, but I didn't know Bizazedo had one too, that's why I was surprised when he said "my fellow cripple." If that is indeed what he was implying.

Dahbomb

So...Viper vs Haggar is like Infinity-0, in her favor. That said, Bum took out Marlinpie in both FT10 sets? I wish he would go out to tourneys.
LOL match ups in MVC3. If match ups mattered as much as their values indicated... Sentinel wouldnt be the most used character in top 16 of Marvel at Winter Brawl and Wolverine wouldnt be the character with the most major wins in UMVC3.

Haggar needs an assist to get in and once he's in the game ends up in his favor as he is able to stay in quite well. He has a couple of invincible move from which he can TOD plus all of his throws lead to TOD. He needs to just touch you once... doesnt matter who he is up against.

Match ups matter when it's just 1 v 1 anchor battle... in which case Haggar should always lose to Viper. That's why Haggar wrecks on point.

People need to realize that tiers in this game are way closer than most other games. An S tier can EASILY get killed by a C tier off of a random hit and the game is boiling more down to fundamentals, space control, footsies and team construction than "oh check out this cheap ass Viper team I came up with". I like tier discussion because I learn stuff about characters that I wouldnt otherwise.

Topic of discussion: Rocket Raccoon on anchor. How scary is he?

Tobe

Uhh hi guys, new to the thread and game in general.
Is this the right place I could seek matches? or just general Marvel talk?

xbl or psn? where do you think you are level wise?

and its pretty much anything matchmaking, general talk, dreams about more characters and what not.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Uhh hi guys, new to the thread and game in general.
Is this the right place I could seek matches? or just general Marvel talk?
As long as your not begging for Megaman X, you are welcome here!

You shouldn't have much trouble getting matches going. If you wish, you can look at OP and try either joining the PSN Chat or adding the MahvelGAF tag, depending on what console your on. That might make it even easier to find matches.

hypernima

Banned
xbl or psn? where do you think you are level wise?

and its pretty much anything matchmaking, general talk, dreams about more characters and what not.

As long as your not begging for Megaman X, you are welcome here!

You shouldn't have much trouble getting matches going. If you wish, you can look at OP and try either joining the PSN Chat or adding the MahvelGAF tag, depending on what console your on. That might make it even easier to find matches.

I'm on PSN: Omicronpro
I play with friends and their are good but I think I'm a beginner, not really new to FGs but not used to marvel at all. I want to become better.

And I'll look to join this PSN chat :)

Nert

It must be shockingly easy to disconnect from PSN on the Vita. Roughly 60% of my wins end up being sudden disconnects before the game is counted o.0

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It must be shockingly easy to disconnect from PSN on the Vita. Roughly 60% of my wins end up being sudden disconnects before the game is counted o.0
Could just be ragequits, although I'm not sure how ragequits over wireless would work outside of pulling out your router's plug or some OS-based way of quickly disconnecting. Can you play UMvC3 Vita over 3G? If so, instability is to be expected.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Why does DOOM do so much damage. -_-

LOL match ups in MVC3. If match ups mattered as much as their values indicated... Sentinel wouldnt be the most used character in top 16 of Marvel at Winter Brawl and Wolverine wouldnt be the character with the most major wins in UMVC3.

Haggar needs an assist to get in and once he's in the game ends up in his favor as he is able to stay in quite well. He has a couple of invincible move from which he can TOD plus all of his throws lead to TOD. He needs to just touch you once... doesnt matter who he is up against.

Match ups matter when it's just 1 v 1 anchor battle... in which case Haggar should always lose to Viper. That's why Haggar wrecks on point.

People need to realize that tiers in this game are way closer than most other games. An S tier can EASILY get killed by a C tier off of a random hit and the game is boiling more down to fundamentals, space control, footsies and team construction than "oh check out this cheap ass Viper team I came up with". I like tier discussion because I learn stuff about characters that I wouldnt otherwise.

Topic of discussion: Rocket Raccoon on anchor. How scary is he?

Most of the Sentinels were dieing, thanks to his horrible match-ups with the rest of the cast though. There are only a couple of Sents that do anything worthwhile...

Even with assists, Viper shut hagar completely down during the first few matches. It wasn't until after that Bum downloaded Marlinpie and started beasting. Optic Blast didn't give a fuck about Chris and his gun backing the Mayor. Bum is just gdlk.

Of course anyone with Low Health is going to die when Haggar (or anyone that does damage) touches them...that's common sense and not really anything to do with tiers. :/

I'm guaranteeing it's going to go right back to the cheap shit as the game develops. You already see the fraud Zero and Vergils popping up all over. There are always going to be the few people that play random characters and beast.

Hurmun

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Our Ultimate Marvel stream is up and running. Every Friday night [Friday Night Fraud Search], we run a tournament in Long Beach and we always get some pretty big names.

This week we have:

• LLND, Royal Flush, Jint, Airtola, Ponce, RaozrBurn

Tournament is starting up soon here at Twitch.tv/Uniteightyseven

smurfx

get some go again
Hey guys,

Our Ultimate Marvel stream is up and running. Every Friday night [Friday Night Fraud Search], we run a tournament in Long Beach and we always get some pretty big names.

This week we have:

yo! why haven't i ever heard of this tournament?! i think i might actually show up for this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hey guys,

This week we have:

Good looking stuff dude.
What is your entire capture and stream setup with settings :)

**We live now LETS GO. LLND is up.

Neki

Why does DOOM do so much damage. -_-

Most of the Sentinels were dieing, thanks to his horrible match-ups with the rest of the cast though. There are only a couple of Sents that do anything worthwhile...

Even with assists, Viper shut hagar completely down during the first few matches. It wasn't until after that Bum downloaded Marlinpie and started beasting. Optic Blast didn't give a fuck about Chris and his gun backing the Mayor. Bum is just gdlk.

Of course anyone with Low Health is going to die when Haggar (or anyone that does damage) touches them...that's common sense and not really anything to do with tiers. :/

I'm guaranteeing it's going to go right back to the cheap shit as the game develops. You already see the fraud Zero and Vergils popping up all over. There are always going to be the few people that play random characters and beast.

I'd respect Bum more if he actually went to tourneys. He was shit talking on Chuck, but at least Chuck goes to tournies while Bum sits around in his House of Crack talking about how good he is LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom