• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

Does Fanatiq live in LA? I though he lives in somewhere near the borders of NorCal and SoCal.

Antelope Valley, south of Bakersfield and north of LA. One of Cencal's finest players. I'm glad localish players are showing how good Cencal is. There are a few more players on Fanatiq's and Neo's level who should start showing up at more tournaments soon.

Dahbomb

Oh man Final Round is going to be so unbelievably hype. I can't believe it's almost the anniversary to the BIONIC AAARRRMM!!!

Anyone got the player attendance list? Also I heard something about a 5v5 thing for Marvel there... is that real?

Oh man Final Round is going to be so unbelievably hype. I can't believe it's almost the anniversary to the BIONIC AAARRRMM!!!

Anyone got the player attendance list? Also I heard something about a 5v5 thing for Marvel there... is that real?

Nah he said he wanted to do a 5v5 then he said he wanted to do a 10v10 *pretty sure he was joking though*.

I actually play fantasy basketball with ShinBlanka and he's been rather inactive so I'm assuming he insanely busy setting up for Final Round.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

AFAIK, the Georgia players want a 5v5 with NY & CA. AL actually just had a qualifier tournament of sorts for our own 5-man team tonight during our monthlies, in case anything goes down. We're always butting heads with GA in any major-ish gathering so we're probably gonna at least get some money matches in with them whether anything bigger comes of it or not.

In my first tournament match tonight, my controller went on the fritz and the shoulder button I use for one-button dash, advance guard, air throw option selects, and most of my hypers gave out. I was furious but managed to climb my way back up to 2nd place overall. Always good to end on a high note. Can't wait until next weekend.

Dahbomb

the shoulder button I use for one-button dash, advance guard, air throw option selects, and most of my hypers gave out.
Sweet.. I am not the only one who does this. :D

I also have a shoulder button for L for charging moves.

Sixfortyfive

As far as I'm concerned, if you're playing on pad yet not abusing an LMH macro at every opporunity, you're doing it wrong.

smurfx

get some go again
i have my left shoulder button mapped to L so i can charge zeros buster and my right shoulder for taskmasters diagonal hyper. i use the right shoulder for push blocking, dashing and general hypers as well.

Dahbomb

The fuck? Does everyone have like a pocket Vergil they bust out when they want to win or something? Must be a European/Japanese thing.

Iron Man ... oh snaps!!

NVM IM is free cant even do the easy hit confirms.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
As far as I'm concerned, if you're playing on pad yet not abusing an LMH macro at every opporunity, you're doing it wrong.

At the beginning of Vanilla I tried to tri-dash with storm using MH on the default pad set up. Didn't work out so well.

I bet if I had to play on stick I'd be confused.

Tobe

So can i use it to since well im to lazy to mash buttons?
you cheaters using one button dashes :lol

man ive just come to noticed that playing FGs does bad things to your backlog and gaming habits. I cant sit around and play 3 hours of uncharted, it just seems too much effort instead i would play 15 minutes of training mode and that would hold my gaming need for a good couple of hours.

Dahbomb

I am pretty sure you can just mash any single button and its enough. Mashing on a shoulder button is weird and is prone to get that button busted real fast.

Azure J

So can i use it to since well im to lazy to mash buttons?
you cheaters using one button dashes :lol

man ive just come to noticed that playing FGs does bad things to your backlog and gaming habits. I cant sit around and play 3 hours of uncharted, it just seems too much effort instead i would play 15 minutes of training mode and that would hold my gaming need for a good couple of hours.

I know this feel, except in my case I can devote hours to sitting in a training mode while browsing GAF, but pop in anything afterwards to run through? Attention span hits zero in record time. I still haven't gotten anywhere in the sixth temple in Skyward Sword and I was making good progress/enjoying it too. :lol

i have my left shoulder button mapped to L so i can charge zeros buster and my right shoulder for taskmasters diagonal hyper. i use the right shoulder for push blocking, dashing and general hypers as well.

L1 = MH
L2 = X-Factor
R1 & R2 = Assists

I used to have LMH on the shoulder, but that made it harder to airdash-Voomerang since I would get Six Cannon more than anything.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
So for those in the know, I am having a really hard time with this title (How I wish I had SF4 instead :( I prefer that kind of game) and I am wondering if it is my team.

I've spent time learning Zero - Deadpool - Vergil (In that order) and it seems to be working for me (I use Zero for the initial rush, Deadpool to build up meter, then Vergil to go nuts for the last character) but I go online and I get massacred.

Any tips? This is a very new style of fighter for me

kirblar

So for those in the know, I am having a really hard time with this title (How I wish I had SF4 instead :( I prefer that kind of game) and I am wondering if it is my team.

I've spent time learning Zero - Deadpool - Vergil (In that order) and it seems to be working for me (I use Zero for the initial rush, Deadpool to build up meter, then Vergil to go nuts for the last character) but I go online and I get massacred.

I would try and find people online you can play sets with and communicate with. Random Marvel is really frustrating.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I would try and find people online you can play sets with and communicate with. Random Marvel is really frustrating.

I imagine, one guy actually didn't just quit after destroying me in a combo. I just don't know how to break anyone's combo yet (I am not used to this whole rush down combo setup, and no idea how to break them)

Ken

Sorry for what's probably a really dumb question, but what can I do after Vergil's helm breaker? I usually follow up with 3H and and then try to do an air grab or hyper, but are there any combos I can do after landing helm breaker?

Solune

Sorry for what's probably a really dumb question, but what can I do after Vergil's helm breaker? I usually follow up with 3H and and then try to do an air grab or hyper, but are there any combos I can do after landing helm breaker?

What's your team composition? With certain assists only, Vergil can get a full combo. If not the only thing you can do really is: X-Factor, High Time > Super, Level 4.

Ken

What's your team composition? With certain assists only, Vergil can get a full combo. If not the only thing you can do really is: X-Factor, High Time > Super, Level 4.
Task/Vergil/Hawkeye.

I wasn't really sure who to put in the middle and I kind of made this team just for their costumes.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That cross assault shit is stupid as all hell. Geeze. Between staging shit, some of the dumber comments and "logic" to justify shit, it's worse than I thought.

1. Firebrand / Wesker / Magnus

2. Firebrand / Dante / Magnus

I'm trying to learn the little demon again, since I'm starting to ease myself back into the game. I'm guessing I'd get more from the second team than the first, right? If I changed Wesker's assist to something else, would that work better for the first? My Dante is pretty ass right now, but I can zone and do some basic movement / combos.

Finally hit a few reps of the Hyper Grav loop. Geeze. This is so easy to drop right now....

mr. puppy

Banned
does Ammy have any mixup potential at all? I'm working her as an anchor and she seems kinda out of luck unless I have xf3....all I can get in with is air dash feints and spamming B while dashing.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So Noah just beat RoyalFlush in the salty run-back from Evo. This kid is 9 and does Sent Fly Combos and actual Wesker combos that the older players can't seem to grasp. Clearly, they're too difficult.

A team full of high execution characters is going to be an awful team to get into this game. If I were you I'll switch out Deadpool for someone like Hawkeye (as anchor) or Doom.

Solune

Task/Vergil/Hawkeye.

I wasn't really sure who to put in the middle and I kind of made this team just for their costumes.

Depends on what assist you use and timing and all that shit but basically, there are a few ways to get full combos off of Task or Hawkeye. Task you can use Vertical Assist and time your High Time (3C) late and Trick down, J.HS and combo from there.
With Hawkeye you can be using Trick Shot(Violent Fizz) "Poison tip" or Ragtime Shot(Kamikaze) "Scatter shot". With Trick Shot you can Helm Breaker > Call Hawkeye > Dash forward so that the body lines up with the shot, this OTGs and you can get a full combo. With Ragtime shot, after the Helm Breaker immediately call Hawkeye > Dash forward to move the body > High Time > Trick down and you get your full combo. It's awkward at first but you can get it with the proper timing. Although with Hawkeye triple arrow is better no doubt for Vergil's mixup, same with Task, unless you feel that you need that OTG.

Sixfortyfive

Can someone link to any good top8's or highlights from anything that went down this weekend? I wasn't able to stream monster it up.

kirblar

A team full of high execution characters is going to be an awful team to get into this game. If I were you I'll switch out Deadpool for someone like Hawkeye (as anchor) or Doom.
On this note: PLAY SENTINEL. He's the best beginner character in the game. And yeah, I would suggest trying out a completely different team, simply to make things easier on yourself. Zero/Vergil are both kinda high-execution, and Deadpool requires a lot of twitch reactions.

Also, there are no combo breakers in this game. X-Factor doesn't work while your opponent is combo-ing you.

Azure J

Marn leveling up again? Awesome.

Marn VS. Clockwork though... I like both of them, I don't want to see either lose. :lol

Edit: Seriously, Dark Strider is total MUGEN shit with that speed. :lol

Azure J

Please tell me someone else is watching this stream. Justin's going Random pick for all his matches and right now (while up a game), he gets the most amazing troll pick:

Magnus
Ammy
Hsien-Ko (on point)

Did I also mention that he got Magnus' Counter assist? And no Cold Star? Also no pendulum. :lol

Edit2: HOLY SHIT HE WON XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom