• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should feel bad for CJ getting rape, but I really don't. Hahhah I love this shit. Bionic ARM DAT ASS COMBO!

This guy going to make excuses after getting 10-0? Damn that's a first.

Edit: Marn in the building too.

sephi22

LOL match ups in MVC3. If match ups mattered as much as their values indicated... Sentinel wouldnt be the most used character in top 16 of Marvel at Winter Brawl and Wolverine wouldnt be the character with the most major wins in UMVC3.

Haggar needs an assist to get in and once he's in the game ends up in his favor as he is able to stay in quite well. He has a couple of invincible move from which he can TOD plus all of his throws lead to TOD. He needs to just touch you once... doesnt matter who he is up against.

Match ups matter when it's just 1 v 1 anchor battle... in which case Haggar should always lose to Viper. That's why Haggar wrecks on point.

People need to realize that tiers in this game are way closer than most other games. An S tier can EASILY get killed by a C tier off of a random hit and the game is boiling more down to fundamentals, space control, footsies and team construction than "oh check out this cheap ass Viper team I came up with". I like tier discussion because I learn stuff about characters that I wouldnt otherwise.
Dahbomb is always on point with his thoughts.
Nice post, will read again

Dahbomb

I still wanna see that Bum vs Predator match. Also I think the longer the set the more advantage Bum is going to have. He's a FT10 monster but does worse in a shorter sets.

Back to RR, if this character had options to deal with super jumpers he would be a pretty godly anchor. His best option is to air throw them to the ground and hit them with an impossible high/low on wake up. In LVL3XF his basic BnB kills and he has unblockable set ups against characters with limited mobility options coming in.

I still wanna see that Bum vs Predator match. Also I think the longer the set the more advantage Bum is going to have. He's a FT10 monster but does worse in a shorter sets.

My feeling is that Chuck has the better Haggar, he plays more patient, lame and Bum is going to have a hard time trying to rush him down. But his Chris/Wesker is nowhere near the level of Bum's Hulk/Chris so he'll probably still lose to Bum in a long set.

Dahbomb

http://www.youtube.com/v/k_IKCb6zHJs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

St. Valentine's Day Massacre around the San Diego area hosted by Viscant plus Box Arena crew.

Viscant again OPENLY challenging LA and saying it's going to be the Viscant + DiosX show. I love the cocky arrogance of SCHNEIDER... setting up for some good ol fashion Marvel hype. Justin, Floe and Fanatiq confirmed to be in attendance... this is going to be a cracker right before Final Round.

Viscants Zero has been looking solid as of late but I would never bet against Justin Marvelous Wong.

Other players in attendance:

Noah the Prodigy
PR "LVL3 GOD" Balrog
Wentinel
Knives
Filipino Champ

Azure J

http://www.youtube.com/v/k_IKCb6zHJs&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3

St. Valentine's Day Massacre around the San Diego area hosted by Viscant plus Box Arena crew.

Viscant again OPENLY challenging LA and saying it's going to be the Viscant + DiosX show. I love the cocky arrogance of SCHNEIDER... setting up for some good ol fashion Marvel hype. Justin, Floe and Fanatiq confirmed to be in attendance... this is going to be a cracker right before Final Round.

Viscants Zero has been looking solid as of late but I would never bet against Justin Marvelous Wong.

Other players in attendance:

Noah the Prodigy
PR "LVL3 GOD" Balrog
Wentinel
Knives
Filipino Champ

This shit sounds extra hype, will definitely watch when it goes down.

Edit: That Yipes/MarlinPie live & uncut shit is fucking hilarious. Also, I finally found my favorite Winter Brawl moment in the related videos. LOL @ the title though.

Hey, MarvelGAF. I was in hospital for a while, unfortunately, but I am back now. :3
Any cool news happened? Like, DLC or something like that?

Also, the promised image is going to happen very soon! :3

Guys, don't look up the word "fraudulent". You'll find a picture of Doom with my name written under it. Oh God I am so bad with Doom.

I did pull off my first midscreen combo with him against Dankir though!
I had a fun set against Solarpowered today. My Nemesis, Nova, Wesker vs his Morrigan, Doom and Ammy. Funniest moment was when I had Nemesis up against Morrigan I killed off Morrigan with a Launcher slam and his Doom came out for a hidden missles as Moriggan died. So Doom was there alone out there snapping his fingers and I just jump up and fire a rocket in Doom's face and won the match lol.

Good stuff Steelyhawk :D
I was still sorta warming up. My favorite thing was probably the time when you caught my Doom assist with several rockets using Nemesis. I had no idea that juggle was possible haha.
well thats it for the dream, we still lag like crazy i mean its smooth but delayed quite a bit solar :( tho its way better than vanilla. i really hope BB netcode treats us better.

i know you loved one of my thor resets
one of the 3 that i landed lol cause you were imposible to catch with a comman grab
I was thrown off. I never expected you to pick a low tier character. The game is starting to make some sense to me again. Also, I still have big issues with Morrigan's soul fist loops outside of the corner.
Hey guys,

Our Ultimate Marvel stream is up and running. Every Friday night [Friday Night Fraud Search], we run a tournament in Long Beach and we always get some pretty big names.

This week we have:

• LLND, Royal Flush, Jint, Airtola, Ponce, RaozrBurn

Tournament is starting up soon here at Twitch.tv/Uniteightyseven
I really wish I could have stayed up for this. The stream was open for a while, but I had to catch some Zzz. Hopefully the archive will be up.
Hey, MarvelGAF. I was in hospital for a while, unfortunately, but I am back now. :3
Any cool news happened? Like, DLC or something like that?

Also, the promised image is going to happen very soon! :3
I was wondering if you'd ever take that glorious group picture with the figures haha.

mr. puppy

Banned
oh jesus every stupid reset and mixup from team trenchcoat is a complete joke compared to what firebrand/dorm/ammy can do. you don't even need to use ammy's slowdown and you can mind fuck people so hard.

Azure J

Viscant's playing a bad Zero wearing the X alt? Fraudulence knows fradulence it seems.

:p

And stream talking about the Firebrand/Dorm/Ammy team makes me want to take a look at the footage again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not gonna lie, that MMX alt is hot.

Complete pack out in about a week and a half on the same day that ME3 releases. Will definitely be copping that.

Azure J

You know, Vergil (Rapid Slash)/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)/Doom (Hidden Missiles) where the plan is to get a DT'd Vergil in play and DHC into AV Morrigan with Missiles for Chris G stuff sounds like a cool experiment. What do I miss out on picking Vergil over Akuma though?

You know, Vergil (Rapid Slash)/Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer)/Doom (Hidden Missiles) where the plan is to get a DT'd Vergil in play and DHC into AV Morrigan with Missiles for Chris G stuff sounds like a cool experiment. What do I miss out on picking Vergil over Akuma though?

Less ability to keep rushdown out of your face since Tatsu is the fastest assist (iirc) with great proj durability and priority.

re: Box Arena -- Dubstep ruins everything. Poor Link.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Noah somehow looking less fraud-like but still making some oddly fraudulent decisions along the way. Much better than before though. Flight cancels, more complex cross ups, everything.

Tobe

Noah somehow looking less fraud-like but still making some oddly fraudulent decisions along the way. Much better than before though. Flight cancels, more complex cross ups, everything.

yo fuck that, ppl arent giving him enough respect and they arent playing as cautiously as they would against rayray sent thats why they are getting bopped.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yo fuck that, ppl arent giving him enough respect and they arent playing as cautiously as they would against rayray sent thats why they are getting bopped.
That's true. Also, that intimidation factor.

Knives with that P. He's sponsored by this 86'd thing too? Or is that what they're just going by to rep where they're from? I remember Fanatiq mentioning him and Knives are from the same city.

If I ever go to a major, GAF Enzo all day. Even if EviLore isn't putting money in my pocket.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That's true. Also, that intimidation factor.

Knives with that P. He's sponsored by this 86'd thing too? Or is that what they're just going by to rep where they're from? I remember Fanatiq mentioning him and Knives are from the same city.

If I ever go to a major, GAF Enzo all day. Even if EviLore isn't putting money in my pocket.

I would go as Evilore or something if I ever got off my ass and go to a Big Two.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If anyones watching the Box stream right now, that stealth big bang to take out Knives by Toki was fucking HYPE.

Shame though, Knives was playing AAA.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn so many people salty that Wong stuck by his Felicia team. I ain't even mad though cuz Darkstalkers are <3 :lol
You gotta be real bitter to hate on Justin Wong.

Though now officially:

Fanatiq > Justin Wong > West Coast
>
East Coast

EDIT: Wow, MMA sponsors getting into the FGC?

Tobe

It was smart though, now Wong knows all of Fanatiq's tricks ahead of Final Round.

not sure if trolling.... i mean it aint 03 where ppl didint play with all of their tech but, all the tricks hell no.

edit: anybody wants to play casually, i still need to improve viper since well im ASS with her

You gotta be real bitter to hate on Justin Wong.

Though now officially:

Fanatiq > Justin Wong > West Coast
>
East Coast

EDIT: Wow, MMA sponsors getting into the FGC?

LOl fanatiq got owned by Pr_Balrog though. Shady had his number on day 1 and 2 as well, but I didn't catch his last few days vs Shady.

not sure if trolling.... i mean it aint 03 where ppl didint play with all of their tech but, all the tricks hell no.

edit: anybody wants to play casually, i still need to improve viper since well im ASS with her

Nah, I was trolling.

This tournament is just small fry compared to the Evo qualifiers after all.

But I gotta admit some of that Storm stuff was pretty dope.

Dahbomb

LOL San Diego free again. LA top 2 grand final.

Also Justin pretty much said that he didn't take this tournament seriously... it was like another WNF outing for him. Good shit to Fanatiq though.

DAT Toki blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom