• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

JESUS...

You all need to watch the archive of this shit when its done. DickWin using that fast meter build combo with Dante then extending it with actual damage from Twister-Tempest and Million Carats into full craziness...

Only to drop the Level 3 and eat the single most WTF Ryu combo into ShinSho ever. And a Juicebox tier LAARP of said hyper. Shit was hyyyyype.

Edit: Confirmed, Justin needs to main Random All.

Kappa

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There was an event today? Is it the UCI one Wong was talking about going to?

Will miss it unfortunately. Or already have.

MrDaravon

Justin moving up in the tournament with random select with people making money bets on characters he's going to get, this is fucking amazing.

Nert

If anyone is looking for one, we have a UMvC3 lobby going for Vita folks. My PSN ID is Nert23, contact me if you want to join.

JESUS...

You all need to watch the archive of this shit when its done. DickWin using that fast meter build combo with Dante then extending it with actual damage from Twister-Tempest and Million Carats into full craziness...

Only to drop the Level 3 and eat the single most WTF Ryu combo into ShinSho ever. And a Juicebox tier LAARP of said hyper. Shit was hyyyyype.

Edit: Confirmed, Justin needs to main Random All.

Kappa

Justin is the king of random select. He money match people in SF4 and Vanilla MVC3 with random select all the time.

shaowebb

I loved them saying it was unfair that he got 2 of his characters lol. Guy rocked random all the way to here. Great show of how strong his fundamentals are and how much of his play is just reading how people play characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Whenever I random select on my UMvC3, I always get MODOK. Literally 8 out of 10 random selects I'll end up with that bastard. It's a curse.

He leveled up Vergil (he's the best I've seen yet) at the cost of everything else, even his Dante is horrible now.

No doubt. His offense is one of the best in the business. He has all type of set ups, hit confirm, meter less combos, combos with meter, x-factor lvl 1,2,3 combos. He basically has a solution for everything on the offensive side, but his defense is absolutely terrible. He also gets happy birthday more than anyone I have ever seen.

Solune

Wentinel got mindfucked so hard, that was a major choke. Not to disrespect Jan but, all Wentinel had to do was XF > Level 3. SMH.

smurfx

get some go again
im guessing wentinel doesn't have much experience against the mayor. you respect him obviously but you don't let haggar rush in on your ass of you will get beat.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
im guessing wentinel doesn't have much experience against the mayor. you respect him obviously but you don't let haggar rush in on your ass of you will get beat.
Can you poke him out of that leaping throw move or does it always catch you if it hits?

kirblar

Why that Lariat, mayor? Why? :(

I think one thing that's becoming clearer as time goes on- the high HP of Haggar, Thor, Hulk, Nemesis, Task, and Chris is really, really starting to show/matter in this game. Because they're so difficult to one-touch, they tend to get tagged out, giving them virtual lifebars of 15-1600.

I watched Airtola reset the bracket but didn't watch the rest cause I went to art's stream afterwards. Good to see that he won. He had some really sick cross ups that I had never seen before. Grats to him.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
On this note: PLAY SENTINEL. He's the best beginner character in the game. And yeah, I would suggest trying out a completely different team, simply to make things easier on yourself. Zero/Vergil are both kinda high-execution, and Deadpool requires a lot of twitch reactions.

Also, there are no combo breakers in this game. X-Factor doesn't work while your opponent is combo-ing you.

So any tips for someone coming from a Street Fighter background to get into this one? (I know I am massively late to the party but still, I don't want to quit on this and concede I am not capable outside of SF) Party to focus with? Starting points?

(Note: On the 2nd hardest difficulty with my team I can sometimes get a perfect against CPU, I just really need to work on combos I guess, and how fast the game is)

So any tips for someone coming from a Street Fighter background to get into this one? (I know I am massively late to the party but still, I don't want to quit on this and concede I am not capable outside of SF) Party to focus with? Starting points?

(Note: On the 2nd hardest difficulty with my team I can sometimes get a perfect against CPU, I just really need to work on combos I guess, and how fast the game is)

I would suggest using Ryu. Easy combos, respectable damage, and he makes a great anchor in a pinch. Sentinel is another good choice, as kirblar pointed out. You could also throw in Wesker in pretty much any slot on the team. All three characters don't require any sort of high execution, and make great characters to start out with and learn the basics of the game. They also can be played quite expertly at a high level, should you feel like sticking with them in the future.

How does Ryu/Wesker/Sentinel sound to you?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I would suggest using Ryu. Easy combos, respectable damage, and he makes a great anchor in a pinch. Sentinel is another good choice, as kirblar pointed out. You could also throw in Wesker in pretty much any slot on the team. All three characters don't require any sort of high execution, and make great characters to start out with and learn the basics of the game. They also can be played quite expertly at a high level, should you feel like sticking with them in the future.

How does Ryu/Wesker/Sentinel sound to you?

I should give that a go. Assuming Ryu is similar enough to SF will be an easy learning curve!

How about gameplay wise? Anything that me just practicing might not have learned that someone should tell me?

I should give that a go. Assuming Ryu is similar enough to SF will be an easy learning curve!

How about gameplay wise? Anything that me just practicing might not have learned that someone should tell me?

Ryu plays kiiiiinda like he does in SF, but obviously you're going to need to adjust to how Marvel plays with him. Your best bet this early is to go and do some trials with each character. They won't automatically make you amazing at the game, but they'll give you a basic feel for the characters, and even give you some sample combos you can use.

You typically want to be summoning Sentinel all the time, but you have to be careful since he's not only a huge target with low health, but his drones assist won't come out at all if he gets hit. The reward is almost always worth the risk, though. You should learn how to combo people after Wesker's gunshot assist, too. Learn the proper timing after a combo to call him.
can somebody inform me what this "free aqua silk" campaign is about? what happened to aqua :(

Aqua got his Twitch channel shut down. I heard he's ISP banned as well.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Ryu plays kiiiiinda like he does in SF, but obviously you're going to need to adjust to how Marvel plays with him. Your best bet this early is to go and do some trials with each character. They won't automatically make you amazing at the game, but they'll give you a basic feel for the characters, and even give you some sample combos you can use.

You typically want to be summoning Sentinel all the time, but you have to be careful since he's not only a huge target with low health, but his drones assist won't come out at all if he gets hit. The reward is almost always worth the risk, though. You should learn how to combo people after Wesker's gunshot assist, too. Learn the proper timing after a combo to call him.

Aqua got his Twitch channel shut down. I heard he's ISP banned as well.

Ah Beef, you're my sage when it comes to getting into the FGC!

I'm gonna give these guys a try (I was doing Zero's missions, I think it took me 20 minutes to beat Mission 6... not proud of that fact. And 7 when the cancel came in pissed me off, when I finally had everything down and was getting there I was too excited I was getting the cancel and I forgot to finish it!)

Dahbomb

Thats why he is called Justin Marvelous Wong.

Best beginner character is Wolverine. Teaches you how to construct team with a good assist, not to mash, how to OTG follow up with assists and that dive kicks are godlike. You can never go wrong with Wolverine + Akuma and a character of your choice.

Ryu is an awful choice for a beginner, he's made for experienced players who have mastered the frame data of everyone and who knows how to block and punish people with his good normals. If you pick Ryu you're going to start hating this game quickly because you WILL struggle to open people up with him. Sentinel too on paper is someone easy to learn but in reality requires a very good understanding of the game's basics to not get blown up easily. I personally recommend you to try something like Wesker/Spencer/Akuma instead if you want a team to teach you the basics of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom