• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

I have never had the chance to play against anchor X-23.

I am thinking I don't want to.

She has the same kind of hitboxes and priority that Zero's saber does and then she gets wicked fast and strong with the XF3 boosts. I'm thinking a lot of people don't want to experience anchor X-23. :lol

Edit: I am so stupidly hyped to see some shit go down at Final Round. That was one of my favorite newbie FG-GAF stream events with the freshness of MAHVEL 3 in the air and everything that was Marn destroying things with Zero up until Combofiend came along with the ARM. Also that final set with him and Wong, holy shit so much clutch. (Sad though that there isn't any more Tron for Lv. 3 moments.)

You know Felicia's XF3 infinite? X-23 has one that kills quicker. Instead of hitting you with two st.M before you can move, she can hit you with three. And her speed, imagine Felciia with an pseudo airdash.

Yeah, she gonna kill you. And then dirt nap the last character into death.

Yeah kinda stupid.

Is X-23 on anchor better than having her backed by Triple Shot, Hawkeye on anchor and(I'm assuming) better DHCs?

She is, since there are no safe DHCs from Spidey to X unless I have 4 bars. Plus, getting her in with Hawkeye backing her is pretty easy -- I'll have a ton of bar, and can cover her raw tags pretty swell if things get dire.

Makes me not have to end my combos with Crawler Assault if I want to kill in the corner while bringing Hawkeye in too. Plus, I have some really powerful resets with Spidey point/Hawkeye second. His assist being faster lets me DHC to him more often too if I use him in the combo. Overall, it allows me to kill problem characters and do damage in more situations overall.

As well, X is a better anchor. She's pretty damn dumb. If you have two characters left and I only have her without having blown XF, one touch should mean you lose. XF combo extension to kill the first, Dirt Nap the second and self otg relaunch to death. She presses the issue much better than Hawkeye does.

Hawkeye is really good for cleanup (shoutouts to the I Don't Need To Think Arrow), but X-23 is a much better comeback character IMO.

I have never had the chance to play against anchor X-23.

I am thinking I don't want to.

I did a funny thing and traded teams with a friend of mine for a while, and I experienced some of the BS that Laura can do in XF3. The whole time I was asking "Is this what I do to people? Is this what it's like?" :lol

She's no Dante or Strider, but she's probably on the better end of characters who are self sufficient against a good chunk of the cast. Just gotta be crafty, but she's really fast and has some pretty good hitboxes -- easily the cheapest ones on my team. Can get 700k damage w/o assists and 1 bar, pretty good for being so light on her feet and decently mobile. Her air throw game is a little weak though -- that would put her over the top (and does IMO in XF).

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I've spent some time training with a person and I can honestly say I think I know my biggest problem, I need to ignore any ideas I have about combos.

In Training mode I can do combo after combo (not that I won't be seeing what I can come up with if I keep practicing) but I think I need to start looking at starting combos after using different moves to see where I can go (since in battle it matters more about WHAT you can hit with versus what you NEED to hit with).

Probably the benefit with training with a person and not just playing online and getting destroyed, I see where I was wrong with this game and I am developing accordingly! :)

LakeEarth

I agree. Sometimes you just gotta get a feel for a character, figure out what they can do, and go from there. For the longest time I had a hard time confirming air-to-air combos with Doom. It eventually clicks.

Neki

So the whole Bionic Arm thing was about a year ago... Remember when Marn was relevant in this game? Me neither!

My favourite quote from James Chen about Marn:

"Oh, Marn is finally going to finish off his opponent with an easy combo."

*Marn goes into Lightning Loop with Zero in Vanilla"

"Oh..."

rofl.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I agree. Sometimes you just gotta get a feel for a character, figure out what they can do, and go from there. For the longest time I had a hard time confirming air-to-air combos with Doom. It eventually clicks.

Ryu is probably my best for the air-game (as an assist).

I get a good combo going, take it to the air, do some damage, out pops Ryu and I am going to chain together the rest of my combo. That strategy is how I won an online match actually!

Also, I think its time for me to finally get a picture on this place again combining my two loves, fighting games and RPGs, I wonder if there is a picture of Ken getting a level up anywhere...

My sentence is almost up.

jTHMSK1NSUQ54.jpg

lol I feel so free right now, guess that's what I get for procrastinating on getting Ultimate again for so long. I was going to get on an play since you got my friend all frustrated, but I guess later. Why did you have so much trouble with Ammy, it seemed like when you killed almost all other characters, she came in and almost won the entire match.
XF Ammy is a pain in the ass to deal with, that's why!

As well, X is a better anchor. She's pretty damn dumb. If you have two characters left and I only have her without having blown XF, one touch should mean you lose. XF combo extension to kill the first, Dirt Nap the second and self otg relaunch to death. She presses the issue much better than Hawkeye does.

I didn't know she could self combo after dirt nap, that's pretty awesome. I can see what you mean now.

All X has to do after dirt nap in XF3 is ankle slicer which charges instantly and then neck slicer till dead. Yeah, her fully charged neck slicer becomes an infinite.

Well, the second month you were supposed to be wearing the avatar Degen made for you. Since you skipped out on it I guess you can just wear it starting whenever you would have removed that one.

I was given a pass since I was already wearing yours. Plus he didn't make one for me.

FREEDOM IS AT HAND.

smurfx

get some go again
heh i think i discovered a haggar infinite in x factor. its basically down H into pipe over and over again in the corner. you just have to time it a little. you also have to use L hoodlum launcher to get you close to the opponent since you are pulled away. this is probably already known but its nice to discover these things on your own.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
*Places Wesker down on the alter to join the house of Firebrand, Zero, and C.Viper*

I feel like I'm a traitor to my character loyalty. On to the derpiness.

Azure J

Ah Wesker mirrors. I love watching them both super jump up and play The Legend of Wesker: Downforward Gun for a while. :lol

i had fios for 2 weeks, im having the worst withdrawal ever. :(

That's always the worst feeling ever. Shoutouts to poverty internet. 1Mbps down/512K up is some serious shit. :lol

Bizazedo

X-23 anchor is evil. Worst thing was when Sasa and I played our 84 games or whatever nonsense, I couldn't decide who to snap out for her.

Spidey? Hell, no, his Spidey needs to die.

Hawkeye? I don't want him as anchor vs my team.

So, welp lol. Was a lot of fun, though.

When in doubt, though, if she triggers Dirt Nap, blind level 3'ng her is a lot of fun.

After seeing horrible, horrible things like X-factor 3 X-23 / Felicia / Strider, I chuckle at Wesker rage now.

Frantic

I chuckle at Wesker rage now.
I've always laughed at people when I see them raging over Wesker since the game came out. Yeah, yeah, there's the random factor plus ease of use, but that's more or less true for pretty much every anchor with XF involved. I'd personally rather have the random "I MIGHT BE ABLE TO LAME HIM OUT" factor of XF4 Wesker than the "HOLY SHIT WHAT DO I DO" factor of Strider + Orbs, DT + SS Vergil, Derp Nap, METEOR SMASH, Felicia, etc.

Worst XF3 anchors to face

The weeaboo twins- Yeah do I have to say anymore?

Felicia- Crazy speed with TOD infinites.

X-23- same thing but with insta death on incoming char

Skrull- METEOR SMASH XF INFERNO is just the tip

Magneto- HOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Strider- DUMBASS NINJA ON THE LAST MAN STANDING FACTOR!

Strange- SoV xfc Impact palm/faultline loop then SoV palm on incoming char

Dorm- ULTIMATE CHIP OR INSANE RUSHDOWN

Those are the ones I consider to be batshit insane in XF3.

Azure J

Strange on anchor? That man needs an air dash badly before I can see him working on anchor for the non gifted. :lol

Crimsonsspider: I'm wondering if that was Toy Touch PR was using. (df.M) Meanwhile, as for your anchor list, I feel as though Dante on anchor has one real fault in opening people up. Sure when he gets the hit it's a wrap, but most of the things he does to get in are enabled by assists. I'd love to hear reasons why he works as a anchor though.

Also Ammy totally should be on that list. insane speed and that small ass hitbox on her is a nightmare for most.

Well, on point Strange is scarier but anchor Strange can randomly hit you with SoV XFC the impact palm/faultline loop and kill you.

Then he sets up the graces as you come in and sets up a mix up off of that which will kill you as well. But on point Strange is scarier as well.

Dante, DT, rain the lightning as well as his teleport when he lands. Plus one empty jump anywhere near him and he goes psycho crusher on your ass which about two of them will kill you. And he becomes hard as hell to block as well.

Ammy is up there. SoV is just such bullshit sometimes though with Strange on anchor.

Frantic

Crimsonsspider: I'm wondering if that was Toy Touch PR was using. (df.M) Meanwhile, as for your anchor list, I feel as though Dante on anchor has one real fault in opening people up. Sure when he gets the hit it's a wrap, but most of the things he does to get in are enabled by assists. I'd love to hear reasons why he works as a anchor though.
I think he's really underrated on anchor. In XF3, everything he does is really safe, he can pressure people for days, has his own ways to set up crossups, does insane chip damage, gets combos off his airthrows, can combo off everything with no problem(Reverb Shock > Fireworks leads to full combos on hit), kills really fast, has Devil Trigger that gives him access to two of the best moves in the game, is really fast, builds tons of meter off his combos, has his own infinites... he basically has everything as an anchor. He also has really useful assists that you might want for your entire team.

Without X-Factor, I also feel he's really good. The only thing that I feel he lacks is an easy way to combo after an airthrow, which does hurt him a bit. Otherwise, he's got pretty much every tool you would want in an anchor. It's why I quite like my team, because I've got powerful anchors in all three characters. My other teams didn't really have it.

Yeah, in this game you need to make sure that you have at least one OMG anchor and one great anchor. Dorm/Hawkeye fill that category. Dorm is the OMG anchor and Hawkeye is the great anchor. Good chip, fast speed, self combo, makes his combos damaging.

Plus he loves meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom