• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Ugh. I have been in a fighting game mood something fierce these past couple of weeks, and UMVC3 has been rotting in my dresser drawer since November. But man, I have just had some serious problems trying to get into this game for reasons that I have some problems articulating. My real life friends won't play it because they're essentially intimidated by the competition. I try to pick it up for a couple days, put it back down, and pretty much forget everything. When trying to practice, I just feel mentally overwhelmed by the fact that I have to indepthly learn three characters at once.

But my team is Ammy/Zero/Doom (I tried Wright, but I am not at a skill level to even attempt to play him non-scrubly), so I don't know how much effort that team would take to learn.

I am just having complete problems trying to ascertain why I'm not feeling this game as much as I thought I would.

Ugh. I have been in a fighting game mood something fierce these past couple of weeks, and UMVC3 has been rotting in my dresser drawer since November. But man, I have just had some serious problems trying to get into this game for reasons that I have some problems articulating. My real life friends won't play it because they're essentially intimidated by the competition. I try to pick it up for a couple days, put it back down, and pretty much forget everything. When trying to practice, I just feel mentally overwhelmed by the fact that I have to indepthly learn three characters at once.

But my team is Ammy/Zero/Doom (I tried Wright, but I am not at a skill level to even attempt to play him non-scrubly), so I don't know how much effort that team would take to learn.

I am just having complete problems trying to ascertain why I'm not feeling this game as much as I thought I would.

thats really not your fault, a lot of videogaming (especially multiplayer ones) is about the social aspect of it. heck, I built a videogame from scratch mainly because a really good friend of mine wanted to.....I completely would not have done it on my own. I really think that you shouldn't force Marvel unless you have people to play it with.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Alright guys, my new "main" team is:

Cap'n Crunch (I mean America...) / Ryu / Vergil.

I am absolutely deadly with them. I do need to work on a few things but I am getting to a ridiculous point with this team. I think I could stick with this team and get them to the point where I could play hard.

BUT

I also have a B team!

Zero / Deadpool / Wesker.

My opening with Zero is godly, Deadpool builds up huge meter, but I do need a lot of practice with Wesker. For starters I don't understand any of his special moves... they seem to be dashes and teleports as far as the eye can see... but ignoring those I can still do some sick Wesker damage!

Pretty stoked so far! :)

Azure J

Good news: I finally have a 360 so now I can hit the training room/get really fucking bodied.

Bad news: I already feel terrible at this game. Execution is everything and I'm not even competent yet. I can already tell that I'm going to be a reset heavy player, because my dexterity is zip. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Good news: I finally have a 360 so now I can hit the training room/get really fucking bodied.

Bad news: I already feel terrible at this game. Execution is everything and I'm not even competent yet. I can already tell that I'm going to be a reset heavy player, because my dexterity is zip. :lol
Wait, you didn't even own the game until now? WTF.

Wow, at the end of my Magneto/Spencer/Dorm combo, a full liberation only adds like 50k :/

I think I'm definitely in the right to just stock up 2D1C and save it as a 1 frame reversal that hits behind me.

hitsugi

You know, for a guy with a lot of hype behind his Vergil, I can't seem to find any videos of Zeus' in action. I saw he won a tournament in January but the videos were removed D: and, nothing I could find on youtube. Dahbomb help!

WELL WELL WELL WELL WELL

6jzVi.jpg

Kepgs.jpg

Too bad you can't do this with the License Card stuff. I'd love to be able to keep the alt costumes on backup instead of having to do this every single time.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
PRESIDENT MAGNETO IS SO COOL

Anyway, the timing is slower than you'd expect, more of a piano than a plink.

Are you doing this on stick? I'm using a pad. I think it'd be harder on pad since it's like with a different hand and all.

I don't know why I'm still trying this after I declared my preference for convenience.

Azure J

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUCKING FUN EVEN WHEN BEING BODIED

There's no way I'm not going all in on this one. My team is so fun too.

Yay, I officially have maximally optimized combos for each of Spencer's options ^_^

command grab: 825k+ for one bar
low attack: 925k+ for one bar
trick overhead: 925k+ for one bar
overhead: 1000k+ for one bar

add 200k for a second bar on each combo

So basically the goal for my team(Dorm/Rad/Baron Magnus):
  • alternate between rushdown and zoning with Dormammu until I get a hit while stocking power
  • DHC to Spencer for the kill, let dorm recover
  • Purification assist + Spencer to drag down incoming character
  • consistent pressure with 3-way mixup into a one touch/meter building reset
  • Spencer Killed, Dorm + Magneto mixups + reversal liberation
  • Dorm killed, lvl 3 xfactor Magneto

edit: I thought southtown ranbats was tomorrow :-(

shaowebb

How in the hell did you get The King of Spain Magneto? Is there some sort of trick that I've missed here to getting this?

After getting horribly destroyed and perfected by Nemesis today, I need to ask you guys for anti-Nemesis strategies and how to get out of his resets D:

shaowebb

screw that i want capcom to fix this bug. not because i hate people getting stuff for free but i don't want to be waiting 60 seconds every damn time i play somebody online because they are glitching for costumes.

*looks online to see what everyone means*
So guys, apparently you can get missing Herald colors and DLCs via glitching:
http://bit.ly/wmbJ6Y
http://bit.ly/wCzGys

Finds the glitch

You gotta be shitting me...this is gonna have to be patched. Course if I mention the P-word to Capcom at this point isn't it a lost cause?

vg260

*looks online to see what everyone means*

Finds the glitch

You gotta be shitting me...this is gonna have to be patched. Course if I mention the P-word to Capcom at this point isn't it a lost cause?

Whoa. Something tells me when Capcom and Microsoft get wind of this, Microsoft is gonna push a fix through real fast for Capcom and it's not gonna be a month for testing. Not when people can glitch for "free" DLC.

vg260

Yikes. This is some seriously bad timing for Capcom with the full pack just abou to come out. I hope they patch this quick. Sales were meager enough, and lost DLC revenue isn't gonna help the cause for sinking more money into future content.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sharing a rant that my friend had on the ride back to our hotel:

"FUCK Spiderman. Fuck that shitty character and his shitty mix-ups. I ain't gonna see that movie now! I hope Wesker shows up in it as an Oscorp scientist in it and murders the asshole. And since you're going to post this anyway, tell Killa Sasa that he can fuck himself."

Tobe

"FUCK Spiderman. Fuck that shitty character and his shitty mix-ups. I ain't gonna see that movie now! I hope Wesker shows up in it as an Oscorp scientist in it and murders the asshole. And since you're going to post this anyway, tell Killa Sasa that he can fuck himself."

i feel your salt bro.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yikes. This is some seriously bad timing for Capcom with the full pack just abou to come out. I hope they patch this quick. Sales were meager enough, and lost DLC revenue isn't gonna help the cause for sinking more money into future content.

I don't know.. I did the glitch to see which alt I like from those characters. In fact, those glitches helped me to decided to buy whole pack but I understand your points because other people would abuse it too..

I will continue to use it for Magneto.

Why does it smell like the beach all of a sudden?

oh

damn...

Been playing tooooooooo much SSX, gotta start playing some more MAVARU for local tourney next week >_>

:lol :lol :lol

Parker army must've done some work today.

Saw you making it happen on stream Six, great job. Couple bad breaks but it happens.

They really should make this game 3/5, it runs fast enough to not make it an issue IMO.

zKb23.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

lololololol

Spidey is definitely going on the list of people that have to get taken out.

vg260

I don't know.. I did the glitch to see which alt I like from those characters. In fact, those glitches helped me to decided to buy whole pack but I understand your points because other people would abuse it too..

I will continue to use it for Magneto.

In that case it may work out in their favor for those on the fence, but I believe that is the exception. With the way people irrationally complain about Capcom/DLC I'd say the average customer will have no problem abusing this rather than paying for it. Overall, this is real bad for them, and I hope it's fixed real fast if it affects their plans to support the game further. I think it's overall bad for the fans in the long run too.

They should just patch the glitch and unlock all the Herald colors while they're at it, because the way you have to obtain them is garbage.

Dahbomb

LOL the SALT!

Too bad about Zeus, he folded under pressure and resorted to his Zero team but still got eliminated. He says he is going to remove Wesker from his team for an actual beam assist (Magneto)... whatever.

Marvel should be 3/5 for top 16 or at minimum top 8. I remember Final Round last year was 3/5 and it was hype. REMEMBER... we will not even have Bionic AAARMMM if there was no 3/5.
https://twitter.com/#!/KeitsSRK/stat...45418760863745

Apparently UFGT is going to have 3/5 Marvel sets. How on earth are they going to get done on time?

Fuck_Yea_RE_gandalfs_shoes-s508x395-165917.png

Azure J

OK, day 2 of actual play and I have to be upfront, I am ASS at this game. I'm dropping easy mode LMHS combos, not getting moves when I know I'm doing the right thing pad wise approaching in stupid manners and overall getting frustrated beyond belief. This is also further compounded by the fact that my only local competition is my brother, who is exceptionally talented at trolling me exclusively IRL.

I'm in training mode right now, but just wanted to ask, what was it like for you guys playing your first versus game ever? Also, if anyone has any tips they'd like to share on starting from zero, I'm more than happy to hear it. Just for clarification's sake, I'm playing on the stock 360 pad.

On a more positive note, this is a game that really is encouraging me to try and make it all work. I had a moment of SwiftRage turned satisfaction when I was able to hit a pretty cool looking DT'd Reverb Shock -> Fireworks -> Million Dollars -> XFC to full screen wavedash -> j.S -> Twister -> Tempest -> Devil Must Die for a win against my brother's Zero. (That character is so obnoxious to deal with at an early level. :lol)

Damn, that's that extra powerful salt right there. :lol

I just know that you've been dying for this. Good show. :lol

LOL the SALT!

Too bad about Zeus, he folded under pressure and resorted to his Zero team but still got eliminated. He says he is going to remove Wesker from his team for an actual beam assist (Magneto)... whatever.

Marvel should be 3/5 for top 16 or at minimum top 8. I remember Final Round last year was 3/5 and it was hype. REMEMBER... we will not even have Bionic AAARMMM if there was no 3/5.

Fuck_Yea_RE_gandalfs_shoes-s508x395-165917.png

Sucks to hear that Zeus got bopped. I've got so much re-watching to do though, I missed a ton of hype from yesterday's Marvel pre-Raccoon matches.

shaowebb

I had the greatest dream...I dreamed that there was a DC fighter made by Niitsuma. I was playing as Batman/Wonder Woman/Darkseid and it was glorious. Wonder Woman had a mid air corkscrew move that let her dodge like Viewtiful Joe that doubled as a double jump and it was both normal and super cancelable making her the greatest jump in threat ever.
The whole dream was so damned cool. I don't remember much else except that one neat trick and that Batman was dashing like Vergil for go behinds followed by his cape and a trail of Bats. Well that and DHC into Darkseid Omega beam instant killed lol.

Why did I have to wake up in a world without this :C

I think tonight when work is over I'm going to start piecing together things for a community area for theorycraft for us to collectively post any thoughts, designs, or dreams related to fighters because I've seen us talk anything from Shonen Jump, to DC, to DBZ, to DLC movelists, to even fighting game systems in pre-launch hype threads before and we could really use a sharing ground for all this talk.

Beard, Azure, and Dahbomb you best be getting ready to party because I know you guys are down for that theorycraft.

Okay, so... now do you guys believe me about Rocky :lol?

Changes the game a lot with log, hitbox, and a lot of shenanigans. He didn't even do the dumbest stuff. VJ aside, Rocky was the big reason.

Hopefully people start playing and learning the characters they want to instead of feeling pigeonholed into a sword guy/trenchcoat. SO many good characters in this game. But you need to put in actual work instead of waiting for a YT breakdown or a top player to break em down for you.

Also, Chen just said "we didn't have time to study or break down RR." I don't buy that one bit -- they chose not to, and whose fault is that really?

Hope this is a heads up to the Marvel community in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom