• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMHS - Combos for Wolverine

A video showing his new BnBs that should replace the combo people have been using since the beginning of vanilla.

Did you see what they did in AE2012?

That for the most party is only for ground bounce after dive kick unless you have specific assist. If you get a a counter hit dive kick that staggers you're still going to do the original bread and butter most of the time.

Noel Brown implemented and extra mmhs loop in since like the first week umvc3 was out with the wesker gun assist.

That for the most party is only for ground bounce after dive kick unless you have specific assist. If you get a a counter hit dive kick that staggers you're still going to do the original bread and butter most of the time.

Well you have to have one of the many assists that let you do the BnB off a stagger, yes, but most peoples teams have those assist types. And in almost every other situation(berserker slash into charge, akuma assist berserker slash, drill claw, dive kick ground bounce) you do this BnB. Also noel doesn't do it that much. Maybe he doesnt have the execution for it.

wafflec0pter

Neo Member
FRXV UMVC3 GF Replay Kusoru vs PR Rog : http://bit.ly/AivBoP

I'm still skeptical about the balance patch since Capcom seems pretty deadset on not touching this game. If they DO implement a patch, they had better create a new Magneto DLC ....or give him his old dash back :)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Some 3rd Lord messaged me calling me a "lagger" and saying I use "lag tactics". I have no fucking clue what that means but for a guy who made it to 3rd Lord he's not very bright.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh, well I was using Hulk/Sent/Wesker. I thought he was referring to the actual lag during the match, which there was a fair amount.

But you would know that you Cosmic Lord you.

Japanese FG players like more solidity in their games. They will take a boring fighter with more stability over hype fighters with less stability. It's why VF was/is relevant there. They also don't like having obscene match up charts. It's why they don't even consider SSBM and MVC2 fighters yet both of those games are rather popular here in the states.

But VF is hype and isn't boring at all....

smurfx

get some go again
alright tested the new sfxtekken pad and i can say so far that srk motions are definitely easier to do vs the older pad. only thing left to do now is get used to gripping the new controller as it so much smaller than the older one. i have pretty big hands so the controller being smaller may not help me.

smurfx

get some go again
Found my stream matches (4:18:45): http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/310537060

Rough around the edges but still my best stream performance to date. I still make habitually poor decisions against Haggar. >_>

Don't we all. :(

aYSua.jpg
<3 love the mayor.

kirblar

FChamp claimed on FGTV that Zero is going to get nerfed soon. Says he has an inside source/contact who made the claim.

I can already smell the special scaling nerf. Hopefully that extends to Viper too. I just don't want them to go overboard with anything.
If the goal is to eliminate the "Vanilla Dante" length of Zero's combos (and I'd toss Doctor Doom in there as well), then I'm all for it.

Why do people play shitty games? I never understood the concept. Especially professional players who can be spending their time playing and getting better at non-shitty games.

Wow :/

Some people don't like games for balance and production values. Hokuto no Ken is a better game than Super Turbo.

Dahbomb

If the goal is to eliminate the "Vanilla Dante" length of Zero's combos (and I'd toss Doctor Doom in there as well), then I'm all for it.
They didn't change the length of Dante's combos... just their damage and meter gain. It's not Dante without SSS 2 minute long combos.

Some people don't like games for balance and production values. Hokuto no Ken is a better game than Super Turbo.
That was a rhetorical question on my part. In my next post I talked about how it's a preference of hype/fun vs stability/feature set where the Japanese prefer the latter and Americans the former. I just think people should be more specific than stating a game as "terrible".

....or give him his old dash back :)
If there is any character in the game that desperately wants his old dash back... it's fucking Iron Man.

Every day I go to sleep praying to the Marvel Gods for Iron Man dash buffs (both air and ground) and his old knee dive back.

What they wanted to do wasn't to reduce the length of Dante combos, it's to force people to rely on DT for big damage. That's consistent too with how they have designed Vergil, you have to rely on Spiral Swords and DT for big damage. So I doubt they will give your Zeros and Dooms the same treatment.

I honestly think that if they fix anything about Zero they're only going to fix buster cancelling Lightning. Because of it he has essentially become this game's O Sagat. It's not that he's unbeatable or that there aren't other characters with derp things, the problem is that half of the cast just has no answer and no way of catching him thanks to it. While crap like Doom's foot dive is derp but can be and has been dealt with using smart play with most characters.

FChamp claimed on FGTV that Zero is going to get nerfed soon. Says he has an inside source/contact who made the claim.

I can already smell the special scaling nerf. Hopefully that extends to Viper too. I just don't want them to go overboard with anything.

FChamp's source probably lives in his head.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So the costume pack that had Magneto's alt had it's priced lowered to $2/160points apparently.

I happen to have about $2 in my psn account and that pack does include Hulk.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I waited for the Value Pack and just picked it up today.

It's still possible to select Magneto's alt through that glitch.

I'm going to confess. As much as I was hyped before launch, I only had the game a week before giving my copy away to my brother cus I was way to busy to play. Thinking of picking it up again and learning (read get my ass handed to me online) from scratch.

Still going to rock Dante/Vergil/strider

Any significant patch nerfs that I should know about or do they still play roughly the same?

I'm going to confess. As much as I was hyped before launch, I only had the game a week before giving my copy away to my brother cus I was way to busy to play. Thinking of picking it up again and learning (read get my ass handed to me online) from scratch.

Still going to rock Dante/Vergil/strider

Any significant patch nerfs that I should know about or do they still play roughly the same?

Phoenix Wright's assist during turnabout mode are no longer fully invincible. Also Chris can cancel his flamethrower into S and specials now.

Phoenix Wright's assist during turnabout mode are no longer fully invincible. Also Chris can cancel his flamethrower into S and specials now.

Oh, was that the patch that took out wolverines infinite? They haven't patched it again since then? I would of thought Vergil, Wesker and zero would of got some kind of nerf by now.

Dahbomb

Why would Vergil get any nerf?

Oh and Hulk's infinite got removed along with his command throws nerfed (they toss the opponent really far away now). It was a rather minor balance patch but it was a balance patch nonetheless.

Stream of the tourney we had this weekend. The venue sucks and had no internet connection, so we couldn't do it live.

Sound seems to be better this time and there's also commentary (in Spanish obviously). If you guys see me on the stream...please look away, it was horrible >__< I'm talking about getting P'd once and the other matches not being that much better...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Stream of the tourney we had this weekend. The venue sucks and had no internet connection, so we couldn't do it live.

Sound seems to be better this time and there's also commentary (in Spanish obviously). If you guys see me on the stream...please look away, it was horrible >__< I'm talking about getting P'd once and the other matches not being that much better...

Are you the RR player? That facepalm was priceless. lolol.

Seriously though, you can't escape that Nemesis reset without an airdash or double jump, can you? That shit is super dirty.

Yup, only RR player in the city apparently XD

After the match, Dino was nice enough to tell me that the way to escape that is to simply do nothing. Airdash definitely won't do shit IIRC, and I dunno about jumping. Wonder what his options are if I start escaping the reset and he decides to go for something else.

Chavelo

Checking out the stream. This is in Gualadajara, Jalisco, right?

Fucking GDLK. Hopefully next time I'll visit the family I might swing by and check the scene out. :D

smurfx

get some go again
holy crap i'm going through some pains with this new sfxtekken pad. i'm fine with it being smaller but it being much thinner is totally screwing me up. its going to take a while to get used to.

Tobe

holy crap i'm going through some pains with this new sfxtekken pad. i'm fine with it being smaller but it being much thinner is totally screwing me up. its going to take a while to get used to.

add a bit of foam to back part of the controller? you know ghetto mods.

smurfx

get some go again
add a bit of foam to back part of the controller? you know ghetto mods.
if i have to do that then what is the point of having it. i'm going to give it till sunday and if i don't like it then i'll return it. don't know why i'm having trouble super jumping.

smurfx

get some go again
nah i'm used to pad and i don't want to learn stick. i'll just stay away from new madcatz pads though if they remain the same.

smurfx

get some go again
Which pad are you using, the MLG ones? Would be sad to hear if those sucked since they look so great.
no its the new sfxtekken pad. if you have small hands then it might be good for you but holy crap is it giving me a lot of problems. actually i shouldn't disparage it as it might be good for new pad players so i'll edit my old comments but i'll just say that its not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom