• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

xaA4q.gif

That gif is hypnotizing.

mr stroke

Bailing out of SFxTekken because of the jacked online & sound issues. Thinking about giving this a shot to fill my fighting game need since I never bought it in Nov. Is there still a decent amount of people playing online?(360 version)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Bailing out of SFxTekken because of the jacked online & sound issues. Thinking about giving this a shot to fill my fighting game need since I never bought it in Nov. Is there still a decent amount of people playing online?(360 version)

I still play the 360 scene. I love SF x TK but I think umvc3 is my home.

Azure J

So in a show of good faith, I decided to show my brother some technology...

Tell me, why the fuck did I teach him Lightning-Buster-Lightning? -_-

I REALLY had no idea it was that bad to deal with, especially with my grade school level approaches with Dante. Man, I need a mentor or some shit. :(

Also, just feel like saying this. Health doesn't matter in this game as long as its under or equal to 1.2 million. So Thor is the only char whose health matters.

And this is due to the fact majority of the top tier can do about 900 k without a DHC and gets up to 1.1 million with one DHC.

Yeah, Wesker's and Dorm's health doesn't matter since they will die in one combo anyway.

smurfx

get some go again
god haggar on point is so damn fun. i was having trouble with this one spencer user on ranked and as soon as i went with haggar on point i annihilated him. haggar does so much damage off of regular throws. also all the training mode practice is now starting to pay off as i can do so much stuff with haggar now and many easy resets as well.

smurfx

get some go again
holy crap i just found out i can extend my combos for way more damage with haggar even if i use up my ground bounce with a pipe at the beginning of the combo. ^_^ if i dhc with task and hawkeye i will get 1 mil+. i build up around 2 meters with most of my combos too so i'm guaranteed around 900 thousand damage at least. hawkeyes arrows help haggar do more damage as they let me pipe people when i otg. zero's handangeki flips them out of the combo so i was losing on a lot of damage before this. i'm pretty sure i'm going to stay with my hawkeye/task/haggar team.

BHK3

Banned
With the exception of Mega Man and a Spider Man villain I think the roster is one of the best there is.

The only person missing from the game that would make it perfect character wise for me is Venom/Carnage. Though having people like Trish, RR and Modok do make me scratch my head.

Anyway, how dead is that rumor of there being another MvC?

Tobe

holy crap i just found out i can extend my combos for way more damage with haggar even if i use up my ground bounce with a pipe at the beginning of the combo. ^_^ if i dhc with task and hawkeye i will get 1 mil+. i build up around 2 meters with most of my combos too so i'm guaranteed around 900 thousand damage at least. hawkeyes arrows help haggar do more damage as they let me pipe people when i otg. zero's handangeki flips them out of the combo so i was losing on a lot of damage before this. i'm pretty sure i'm going to stay with my hawkeye/task/haggar team.

FUCK YEAH !!! NO MORE ZERO!!!!!
boooooo more zoning

The only person missing from the game that would make it perfect character wise for me is Venom/Carnage. Though having people like Trish, RR and Modok do make me scratch my head.

Sven said that it was false. But Sven is also a filthy liar, so who knows.

BHK3

Banned
Sven said that it was false. But Sven is also a filthy liar, so who knows.

I could care less what 'they' say on the matter, I mean more around what the community thinks. Since only one gamestop employee supposedly leaked out that image which was, supposedly, put up on their servers and no one else anywhere has said anything about it except that one post here on gaf.

My friend rarely plays his copy of ultimate so I want to borrow it for a bit instead of buying my own because I'm like, deathly afraid of a new content announcement.

Tobe

did my zero ever really cause trouble for you? don't sorry i'll use zero with you since you love him so much!

not really hawkeye gives me way more toruble, just happy i dont have to deal with anything BS zero has even if u didnt use it, i wouldve considered it a threat.

Dahbomb

Also, just feel like saying this. Health doesn't matter in this game as long as its under or equal to 1.2 million. So Thor is the only char whose health matters.

And this is due to the fact majority of the top tier can do about 900 k without a DHC and gets up to 1.1 million with one DHC.

Yeah, Wesker's and Dorm's health doesn't matter since they will die in one combo anyway.
While it's true you still die in one combo... killing a 1 million health character usually requires an extra bar over let's say Strider. In a 1 on 1 situation where both characters have burnt their X factors, that extra 100K or so health comes in handy because it's just raw solo BnBs. Meter is a valuable resource in the game and if you can save meter to kill off a character that is very useful in the long end.

Health also matters when players are trying to feel each other through spacing and zoning. Someone like Wesker can take a few hits but someone like Zero/Firebrand can't take too many stray gun shots hit. They can be whittled down via chip damage to the point where a single Gimlet might finish them off.

For someone like Vergil, the opposite character's health and size matters greatly to him. The resources he has to spend to kill off a 750K health character vs a 1.1 million health character is vastly different. As is doing combos on RR vs Dormammu/Sentinel/Nemesis.

My friend rarely plays his copy of ultimate so I want to borrow it for a bit instead of buying my own because I'm like, deathly afraid of a new content announcement.
New content (if it's even real) is an add on, you are going to need a disc of UMVC3 anyway to upgrade via DLC. Especially if you have to borrow it, you have nothing to fear.

LOL more anti-Phoenix TAC glitch technology.

Everyone who can deny it has denied it, then again we all know the people in Capcom are a bunch of liars so everything they said should be taken with a grain of salt.

Onemic

what there needs to be is a capcom vs snk 3

shaowebb

what there needs to be is a capcom vs snk 3

Oh God yes.

I'd love to discuss rosters on this. So many characters I'd want in this game.

You can post rosters in theory fighter-gaf though I'd hate to clutter this place up with it.

I'll say one thing though...WHIP.

EDIT: Okay two...SHION.

DOUBLE EDIT: I went ahead and set Capcom vs SNK 3 as the topic for the week there for you guys too since it was dead with everyone posting every idea at once. I'd like to try weekly topics for discussion and this one is an awesome one. Calling all God's Beards. Post them rosters and mechanics you got dreamed up.

Grecco

Eh its still easier to kill sub million characters than over a million characters, especially in a tourney setting. Probably the biggest reason why i run Spencer/Taskmaster/Wesker right now

kirblar

Health matters much more than you'd think now. So much of UMvC3 is played in the neutral game without either player scoring a clean hit. This isn't Vanilla, where the DHC glitch made everything one-touch death.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know the roster discussion has already ended, but I thought I'd let you guys know that Megaman just left SFxT and he'll be on his way to UMvC3. It might take him a while to make the journey though.

Megaman had quite a few frequent flier miles saved up.

I bet someone posted this already lol.

They do?

Apparently they went to SNK with the idea or something but they were like "I dunno lol." IIRC, Ono said its held up on their end.

Tobe

• Ghost rider β γ
  • Hawkeye β γ
  • Iron fist β
  • PW γ
  • Deadpool β
  • Doom β
  • Dormammu β
  • Hulk α
  • Iron man γ
  • Sentinel γ
  • She hulk α
  • Storm β
  • Skrull α
  • Taskmaster γ
  • X-23 β
  • Akuma γ
  • Arthur γ
  • Viper β
  • Dante β
  • Felicia β
  • Wesker β
  • Shuma α

shaowebb

• Ghost rider β γ
  • Hawkeye β γ
  • Iron fist β
  • PW γ
  • Deadpool β
  • Doom β
  • Dormammu β
  • Hulk α
  • Iron man γ
  • Sentinel γ
  • She hulk α
  • Storm β
  • Skrull α
  • Taskmaster γ
  • X-23 β
  • Akuma γ
  • Arthur γ
  • Viper β
  • Dante β
  • Felicia β
  • Wesker β
  • Shuma α

The Hulk's OTG is pretty awesome IMO. It doubles in functionality much in the way a beam does since its prejectile durability is decent. I used it a lot. Works good with MODOK since it also pushes them into corners easy. I also like X-23 and Dante's OTGs too.

Dahbomb

I think Sentinel has 2 OTG assists. Also Joe's Bomb is OTG and helps out a couple of characters like Jill.

Chris' Mine assist OTGs.

Firebrand spitfire assist OTGs.

Grecco

Hmm. Been thinking of switching Wesker out of my spencer team but i dont really want to learn felicia. Maybe ill try X23.

Beats

How do you avoid Super Skrull's command grab when your next character is coming in? Is there a way to influence which side you come out on? :|

smurfx

get some go again
How do you avoid Super Skrull's command grab when your next character is coming in? Is there a way to influence which side you come out on? :|
he can't grab you as you are coming in unless you press a button. once you land you can jump to avoid the ground command grab but he may change it up and trow out the air command grab.

Beats

he can't grab you as you are coming in unless you press a button. once you land you can jump to avoid the ground command grab but he may change it up and trow out the air command grab.

Hmm, I'll try that again next time I play. I usually guard when my next character is coming in, and the timing to avoid the ground one feels pretty damn tight once I land.

mr. puppy

Banned
aw shit i missed a golden oppurtunity to flame lupinko. ah well. anyway, glad to see that not much has changed and all the OGs are still around considering that SFxT is terrible.

I maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay be able to go to NCR to at least spectate. Too broke to enter, but I have relatives who live a few blocks away from SF State, so if I ask nicely I might be able to stay there for the weekend.

Solune

• Ghost rider β γ
  • Hawkeye β γ
  • Iron fist β
  • PW γ
  • Deadpool β
  • Doom β
  • Dormammu β
  • Hulk α
  • Iron man γ
  • Sentinel γ
  • She hulk α
  • Storm β
  • Skrull α
  • Taskmaster γ
  • X-23 β
  • Akuma γ
  • Arthur γ
  • Viper β
  • Dante β
  • Felicia β
  • Wesker β
  • Shuma α

Viewtiful Joe - Shocking Pink

Dahbomb

After trying out both SCV and SFxTekken, I have decided to purchase SCV (should get it over the weekend). SFxTekken will most definitely get an expansion within a year so I am in no rush to get it, especially since a lot of stuff about it turns me off from the game completely. People I know were hyped about it but after playing it for a bit they are pretty meh towards it although admittedly it's pretty fun in 2 v 2.

What's this Kazuya infinite that people are talking about?

Edit: NVM it's on the front page of SRK along with the Xiayou infinite. WTF @ that infinite, it makes the opponent stand up. This is one busted ass game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom