• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Xiaoyu infinite looks way too easy lol. It's supposedly pretty easy to combo into as well. UltraDavid, Keits and Ski went in on the game(mostly gems) in the latest SRK podcast. It's not my game so I don't care anyway.

You guys on the Xbox need to challenge me. We got spectator now.
Apparently they went to SNK with the idea or something but they were like "I dunno lol." IIRC, Ono said its held up on their end.
Part of me wants CvS3 to happen just like DS4, but I don't want to see horse thighs/brick hands Takene Hibiki.

:'(
RnEDy.jpg
He died on his way to the Moon. He was going to save Megaman Volnutt.

smurfx

get some go again
That Xiaoyu infinite looks way too easy lol. It's supposedly pretty easy to combo into as well. UltraDavid, Keits and Ski went in on the game(mostly gems) in the latest SRK podcast. It's not my game so I don't care anyway.

You guys on the Xbox need to challenge me. We got spectator now.

Part of me wants CvS3 to happen just like DS4, but I don't want to see horse thighs/brick hands Takene Hibiki.

:'(

He died on his way to the Moon. He was going to save Megaman Volnutt.
i would challenge you if i ever saw you online.

Dahbomb

I like SCV though, the new mechanics seem nice and do bring an element of skill and depth to the game. Hopefully its not too busted.

I didn't see/hear the WakeUp SRK although from the sounds of it they probably went in on it hard. Gems aren't tournament friendly at all, I can just imagine Keits ripping it a new one especially since the game is going to be played at UFGT.

I was actually pretty hyped for SFxTekken (I love both franchises) even for gems but then I played it and it just didn't click with me. Maybe it was the SF4 engine visuals, the janky hit stop animations or the constant coloring due to gem activation and special move spamming. I am also salty about the way they are handling DLC for this game (all the characters already on the disc and the more powerful gems reserved for DLC) but what really put me over the top with the game is that its so easy to lame people out with heavy characters with auto block or some sort of meter gain/health gem. Time outs/lame outs are way too prevalent but it's still early so who knows the style of play that will dominate. A lot of these issues can be ironed out with a major upgrade like Vanilla to Ultimate so I am going to wait for that. I will enjoy Ultimate and SCV until then and most likely Diablo 3 because it's coming out in 2 months.

shaowebb

I like SCV though, the new mechanics seem nice and do bring an element of skill and depth to the game. Hopefully its not too busted.

I didn't see/hear the WakeUp SRK although from the sounds of it they probably went in on it hard. Gems aren't tournament friendly at all, I can just imagine Keits ripping it a new one especially since the game is going to be played at UFGT.

I was actually pretty hyped for SFxTekken (I love both franchises) even for gems but then I played it and it just didn't click with me. Maybe it was the SF4 engine visuals, the janky hit stop animations or the constant coloring due to gem activation and special move spamming. I am also salty about the way they are handling DLC for this game (all the characters already on the disc and the more powerful gems reserved for DLC) but what really put me over the top with the game is that its so easy to lame people out with heavy characters with auto block or some sort of meter gain/health gem. Time outs/lame outs are way too prevalent but it's still early so who knows the style of play that will dominate. A lot of these issues can be ironed out with a major upgrade like Vanilla to Ultimate so I am going to wait for that. I will enjoy Ultimate and SCV until then and most likely Diablo 3 because it's coming out in 2 months.

SCV is pretty fun IMO. I got it awhile back and I think its the best Soul Calibur in a long while. Natsu will rape you dead though lol. I wanted to play SFxT because I've wanted Poison in a game for awhile now and its overall cast seems pretty good, but I only own a 360 so whats the point? PS3 has 5 more cast. I'll just wait to see after teh vita version hits if I can jump in once Elena shows up so I can rock her and Poison together. With that many confirmed dlc I'm betting super turbo or whatever so I'm holding off till I know how they're being added. As strange as that game is I really like that folks don't die in one combo and generally you have to have stronger footsies and mixups in it. Of course thats also why I love KOF 13

ToD_

Does the Vita version run at a native 960x544? And I can safely assume it's 60fps, right? Gracias!

Edit: never mind. Just got answered in a different thread. Impatient me.

zlatko

Banned
SFxT's main issue imo is that they need a bigger clock time. Leave it at 99, but extend it by 30 seconds. Even vanilla Marvel didn't have this many time outs after a week.

I'm seeing less of them with my Paul/Kazuya team stacked with power gems for both, but there's still very little you can do when it's 20 seconds left on the clock and they just want to block the rest of the match.

I don't think Pandora needs to be made X-Factor level of good so that comebacks can happen, but it would be nice if it lasted 10 more seconds, and stopped the game clock entirely when used. Cross Arts can take up to 15+ seconds off the clock too, so it'd be great if those stopped the clock as well while it played out.

I'm still going to main the game because it is fun, but if the time out issues don't get resolved in a month, then I'll be back on my UMvC3 grind.

Dahbomb

As strange as that game is I really like that folks don't die in one combo and generally you have to have stronger footsies and mixups in it.
Yeah I don't know about that judging from the stuff I have seen. And that's without the gem boosts. I don't know if the time thing is going to be an issue later in the game's life when we have combos that do at least 60% health. I just don't think people have optimized their combos yet for the game. Hopefully it doesn't become a turtle fest.

FUCK Vergil
Dark Slayer Rising

Azure J

Did this thread eat my response earlier? o_O

Re: Matches

I didn't mean to get anyone hyped for me scrubbing it up in a GAF lobby yet, I was just pre-emptively collecting some gamer tags. I still have to make sure my net is good and sort things out regarding Live Gold. No this is not me trying to shy away from sessions where I'll get smeared against walls online. *Shifts closer to the nearest exit* >.> >.<

Vergil isn't that bad to deal with because he's squishy, but damn if scrubby "hit moar buttans!/unreadable" XF3 with meter Verg can't get some level of salt out of me. I feel fucking dumb when I challenge that shit knowing my brother is only going for the easy mode Dark Angel finishes... And gets them. ;_;

We need a Dark Vergil emote.

Azure J

OK, so my current team looks something like Dante (Guitar)/Ammy (Hold These Ice Cubes)/Strider (U Can't Run Kick), and my only competition is someone who has learned actual patience (or in reality, lots of fucking zoning, especially with Lightning/Buster and Hidden Missiles assist) with regards to using his first character.

I'm not the fanciest Dante around and still have problems converting off of hits that aren't j.S or Hammer. I use my space control tools well enough but there are times when I do want that one "in" to deal with the problems and lose whole matches for it. With this in mind, do you think a team order change is a better idea? I'm playing with the idea of Ammy on point because reflector is really damn good, I can get the counters out fast enough that I'm not overwhelmed when he wants to play chicken with me and HHH is godlike for whiff punishing a lot of Zero's grounded approaches and getting some Happy Birthdays off the oft called Doom assist. I don't know if I want that though because the DHC synergy from Dante to Ammy to Strider is really good. Like surprisingly so. Also, I lose out on Cold Star lockdown (even if I get it rarely -- I still need to level up on assist calls, primarily when I'm allowed to call and how to best utilize them).

Any points?

Yup.

Anyone saying he is tempered by a whiff meaning death: it should when your normals are 60% of the screen and "LOOK MA, BOTH SIDES!"

/salt

I can't tell you how many times I almost bludgeoned my brother to death with my controller when he would seriously random MAXIMUM BUBBLES while chanting "please cross up" and getting said cross up.

Also crouching H is some seriously fucked up shit at any level. Why is that normal so godlike fast? :lol

I can't comment on the whiff stuff though since Amaterasu keeps that shit under control. f.H being fast and having more than good enough range to punish most of his whiffed moves (as well as Zero's) is such a great thing.

i would challenge you if i ever saw you online.
I mostly play on the PS3 whenever I'm not studying. Sometimes I sign on, but only for a little while.

SCV is pretty good stuff. I main Hilde and I'd like to learn Viola sooner or later.
This reminds me, we need to get some matches going too. Can't wait to get bodied by a good Ammy. :lol

What's your GT?
I just played the game for the first time in like a month today. Damn, I'm kinda starting to hate Doom. I can get his midscreen stuff okay enough, but he is not really my kind of character. I keep going back to Hsien-Ko and it's one disappointment after another with her. I did find Dormammu interesting at first when I got Ultimate, but his assists feel meh.

Also, I wouldn't even call myself a good Ammy. The only character I play well right now is Lei Lei(not the Mahvel abomination).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Omg. Every time I airdash with Maggie I say three silent prayers, in hopes that I don't Tempest in the air. My execution...

I can't tell you how many times I almost bludgeoned my brother to death with my controller when he would seriously random MAXIMUM BUBBLES while chanting "please cross up" and getting said cross up.

Bwahahahaha.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yup.

Anyone saying he is tempered by a whiff meaning death: it should when your normals are 60% of the screen and "LOOK MA, BOTH SIDES!"

/salt

Vergil will hit me from behind with a giant sweeping normal and of course he'll keep on auto correcting to continue his combo...

I need a new bullshit top tier team with characters I actually use. I was thinking Dorm/Wesker/Hawkeye. I actually use Wesker and Hawkeye, and I did play a little Dorm in Vanilla.

So any takers, is this a good team?

edit- OH FUCK, this team has PURPLE color synergy, I must use this team.

Azure J

@Panda: I can't tell you how many times I've gotten ghetto Ryan Hunter'd because of Verg's s.H hitting from Africa when I'm in California.

I fucking HATE that shit. It's worse than Maximum Wesker.

It's that long assed float from the hard knockdown that gets me. It's like this motherfucker gets enough time to make a damn sammich while I'm trying to think up what I should do next.

@Frantic: WAIT THAT'S LEGIT?

It was something I discovered on a whim and started abusing a few days ago. I can't believe I could have pioneered something if I had thought about it. :'(

@SolarPowered: Even better, we can scrub it up some now that you're in your weakened state. :p

DS4 should drop already so Lei Lei bros can be official. :lol

I'd rather play the real Darkstalkers game instead of some fraud ass DSIV. My belief in Capcom right now is like 500ft underwater. It'll be in the Marianas trench if they don't announce Pringles edition after EVO.
yeah like dant needed something extra goddamit broken sparda bros are retarded.
Fuck it im going ANIME! next time you see me im gonna have my own mix of this

i wont stop playing marvel but anime <3 <3 <3 <3
Where the hell did this come from lol. Too bad I didn't know beforehand. I totally would've bought the 360 version of BlazBlue first. Now I gotta bide my time until I can pick it up.

Oh, you know about this weekend's Norcal Install? ANIME ALL WEEKEND. IT'S PROFESSOR BEEF'S WORST NIGHTMARE.

Azure J

Holy shit this fucking video. :lol

Edit: I feel you on that SolarP, but a part of me wants to believe. I'm not even asking for much, just a good different art style from the one they've been going with for the SFIV gen and mechanics derived from Saviour and I'd be ok. That being said, yeah I want moar Mahvel too.

Edit 2: Why in God's name is Dante easier for me to understand and do well with than effectively using Ammy, Felicia and Strider?

Frantic

@Frantic: WAIT THAT'S LEGIT?

It was something I discovered on a whim and started abusing a few days ago. I can't believe I could have pioneered something if I had thought about it. :'(
Well, the actual post on SRK came like a week or so ago, so it's been known for a while. I also remember seeing a video with j.S being canceled with Bold Move a couple months ago, but no one seemed to realize it could be dash canceled/super canceled until recently. But yeah, I always seem to discover something new, then like a day or so later a video about it is posted, lol.

Anyways... I'm terrible with timing things so I have a lot of trouble with this. Varies a lot depending on height, whether it's been blocked or it hits... can't seem to get it consistently.

I still don't know why you don't play the Sparda broz, since you seem to love the cheap stuff
though Zero is still cheaper.

Also, that mix is godlike.

Azure J

The easy way to do it is to capitalize off of folks thinking you're open after a raw j.S. Just listen for the sound of the sword hitting the ground and dash right there. I haven't found a way to use the dash cancel one on hit though, but super cancel is pretty lax in timing on hit or raw.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok I suck with Dorm. But at least I can do extremely lazy tri-dashes since he has no air hyper.

Li0np.png

But at least there's PURPLE color synergy.

smurfx

get some go again
Yup.

/salt
the thing i hate about him is when he teleports behind you he immediately creates a bunch of space and makes it nearly impossible to punish him and using an assist like lariat will only lead him to happy birthday your ass. naked teleports can be punished but doing so online is really hard so i don't try and taskmaster is pretty terrible at auto correcting.

smurfx

get some go again
But Taskmaster is a walking option select.
what do you usually do against him with hawkeye? i know what to do with task and haggar sorta but my hawkeye still has trouble with teleport characters. haven't really tested what hawkeye moves auto corrects. with zero i would just have buster charged and release it when they teleported and it would auto correct.

Dahbomb

We need a Dark Vergil emote.
super0xu.jpg

That's Dark Vergil grinning as he is about to waste some fools.

Vergil with bold cancel would be so broke.

the thing i hate about him is when he teleports behind you he immediately creates a bunch of space and makes it nearly impossible to punish him and using an assist like lariat will only lead him to happy birthday your ass. naked teleports can be punished but doing so online is really hard so i don't try and taskmaster is pretty terrible at auto correcting.
LOL @ calling assists against Vergil as he is teleporting. He doesn't actually create any space he just teleports a fix location behind you although with a ton of recovery frames. Don't call assists and just punish him if he does raw. Good Vergil players will never do it raw so if they are porting in, it's for a mix up or to apply pressure.

Best way to beat Vergil with Taskmaster is to advance guard his st.H or Stinger and then go in with Shield Charge. Also if the Vergil player likes to end strings in Judgment Cut, Taskmaster might be able to go through it with Shield Charge.

smurfx

get some go again
just had a first to 20 with cl0ckwork and man was it tough. score ended up being 20-8 in his favor. god even online he can hit confirm from anywhere with doom. although his ammy was the character that gave me the most problems. she has been a pain in my ass since vanilla but most people dropped her which makes me happy. :p

Dahbomb

You can force the cross up on that move. If you TK that hyper it does a cross up almost all the time. I don't recommend ever throwing that move out on random because if it's blocked it has like 60 seconds of recovery or some shit. I would much rather blow my random meter on Spiral Swords or DT.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So like is there anything Hawkeye can do against a Vergil that will actually cover his assists? The only move I think could work would be his slide which does go over Plasma Beam and Triple Arrow. The problem is that I don't think the move auto corrects so you have to guess which teleport the Vergil's going for. Then of course the Vergil can just go for the teleport above you then Helm Breaker which should really be called Screen Breaker since you're fucked if you move within that HALF of the screen.

JeTmAn81

So like is there anything Hawkeye can do against a Vergil that will actually cover his assists? The only move I think could work would be his slide which does go over Plasma Beam and Triple Arrow. The problem is that I don't think the move auto corrects so you have to guess which teleport the Vergil's going for. Then of course the Vergil can just go for the teleport above you then Helm Breaker which should really be called Screen Breaker since you're fucked if you move within that HALF of the screen.

I was getting owned pretty badly by a Vergil team on PSN the other night. PSN is a lot laggier for me since the Playstation is downstairs, so my regular team (Wesker/Dante/Strider) wasn't really playable. However, even when I switched to my zoning team (Hawkeye/Taskmaster/Dante or Doom) I had a pretty tough time since it's impossible to apply my typical zoning game plan against somebody who can teleport right behind you.

This guy was pretty annoying. He seemed to be able to cross me up from a super jump without effort, and if I tried attacking him from normal height his huge normals would usually catch me anyway. Hawkeye doesn't really have the option select game that Taskmaster does, either. If you get a throw it's fine, but if the range doesn't work for a throw you get the s.H arrow which is pretty slow. The most effective strategy was to get in Vergil's face with Hawkeye's slide or throw options, and hope that my assists help keep him off me when I'm rushing.

JeTmAn81

just had a first to 20 with cl0ckwork and man was it tough. score ended up being 20-8 in his favor. god even online he can hit confirm from anywhere with doom. although his ammy was the character that gave me the most problems. she has been a pain in my ass since vanilla but most people dropped her which makes me happy. :p

I hope you told him to stop doing random on-point Vajra H in tournaments. Scrub style, yo.

Solune

I tell people this all the time but Dimension Slash IS REALLY BAD for just throwing out there and is easily stuffed, and we all know how long Vergil likes to take to sheathe his damn sword. It has a 11 frame startup, so usually as long as you didn't push a button before hand you should be able to punish Vergil with a jump back M or H. I've rarely seen it trade like with Phantom Dance, but I guess since Maximum Vergil is so punishable on block it might not be worth the risk.

Azure J

I tell people this all the time but Dimension Slash IS REALLY BAD for just throwing out there and is easily stuffed, and we all know how long Vergil likes to take to sheathe his damn sword. It has a 11 frame startup, so usually as long as you didn't push a button before hand you should be able to punish Vergil with a jump back M or H. I've rarely seen it trade like with Phantom Dance, but I guess since Maximum Vergil is so punishable on block it might not be worth the risk.

It's just funny to me because I come in and have pulled some supremely amazing shit to stuff the move (my personal favorite is Doom's Time on reaction to the initial low angled dash to where I was), but nothing gets me saltier than seeing when it actually does random cross up.

Dahbomb

You can try experimenting with anti-teleport assists like Peakaboo, Chris Mine and Repulsor Blast. It's not fool proof of course but you might snag him in an assist he might not see coming. Don't try to use Drones/Missiles against Vergil, that's just dumb (assists that involve the character on screen for more than a split second are assists that Vergil feeds on).

This is a match up that is completely in Vergil's favor. Vergil doesn't give a crap about any of Hawkeye's options. You can't even up/back against Vergil as he loves that. Vergil is weaker against down/back or down/forward depending upon the teleport but that still involves you taking a chance at a guessing game or a reaction challenge which you don't have the leeway to get into. At least if Vergil whiffs anything Hawkeye can easily punish him with slide. Time your advance guards in the middle of his string to make him whiff something.

All of your characters (Wesker/Dorm/Hawkeye assuming that's the team) are disadvantaged against Vergil with the least one being Dorm because he simply has a ton of options. Vergil has a very devious anti-teleport tech on him that also works against other Vergils (not many people know this although it's sort of a hail mary) so you have to be extra careful about Wesker + assist ports. Dorm has to respect Vergil's normals and he can't throw out random Stalking Flares against him (Spiral Swords negate Flare and he can just turn them on and port in to waste his meter plus get a free combo). Vergil can even hit way behind the range of Flame Carpet. Wesker does have interesting footsie options against Vergil:

Wesker st.H beats two of Vergil's crouching moves (cr.L and cr.M)
Wesker's cr.M beats two of Vergil's standin gmoves (st.L and st.M)
Nothing beats Vergil's st.H so your main goal is to get in with Wesker as soon as the match starts and apply the appropriate footsies and pressure. You also want to watch the super jump gun shot shenanigans against Vergil, he doesn't respect that shit either.

Dorm can do a dark matter cancel and make half of Vergil's options worthless. Hawkeye and Vergil can go either way. Wesker, yeah don't see him beating Vergil.

Hawkeye just stay on the move with the slide. And if you get a hitconfirm off of it, go with it.

OH, start using Hawkeye's non arrows normals. Really helpful.

Eventually going to pick up a new team to compliment my wholesome team <3:

Petey, Erik, Dante. Should be fun to learn some new characters (that people have invested in since day uno.)

Dahbomb

Dorm can do a dark matter cancel and make half of Vergil's options worthless.
What options worthless? He can still negate Dark Matter with his normals and punish a teleport or whatever laggy special Dorm tries to cancel into. Or he can turn on Spiral Swords if he sees the Dark Matter animation as that would easily negate it out and deal with whatever Dorm cancels into. The game changes dramatically when Dorm has stocked spells but that's assuming Vergil let him have the space/time to stock it up which isn't easy. In the air Vergil can limit Dorm's options with Round Trip or just simply match his normals with his.

Also Vergil out ranges Hawkeye's normals (both in the air and on ground) but Hawkeye can play footsies at close range and beat out Vergil's crouching normals with his st.M. But Vergil doesn't have to play footsies with Hawkeye or even deal with his Slide... that's what Helm Breakers into assist plus teleports is for.

Ummm.... if Vergil teleports straight down Hawkeye's j. H beats him of his f.M and the slide gets him away from Vergil's mixups. And Dark Matter air teleport in chaotic flame since we are talking beginning of match and matchup just went into Dorm's favor.

Dahbomb, you are theory fighting one sided right now. Beginning of match, Dorm has more options than Vergil as does Hawkeye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom