• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Iron Fist with Hidden Missiles assist is so fucking dirty. I can't believe something my brother created on the fly is so effective. If missiles get launched, I have to play a guessing game when IF gets in. It's either try to tuck n roll out before IF gets anywhere near me while raying a missile doesn't tag me or engage and block. On block though, IF gets to either launch me with a low hitting launcher or overhead me with that grounded ax kick he has.

Also grabs are fucking borked in this game, I swear. Every time I go for one, I get grabbed. Every time I don't want one, I get one... This is further compounded by my brother's strange ability to get grabs so low my characters clip through the ground (especially when I attempt a grab). :lol

Also, I just fucking love how often he gets Chi Parries. Mid Dante mixups, he'll get one and nullify that one aspect I was counting on only for me to eat some FISTS OF FURY or get Happy Birthday'd by Spirit of The Dragon. His mashing out SRKs from our time scrubbing it up in SF4 has made this character so obnoxious for me to deal with now. The worst part of this is this is the third or fourth time he's picked up someone I actually wanted to get accustomed to and gotten the better of me due to lacking character knowledge.

When all else fails, in comes XF3 Dark Derpgil with a surprisingly high number of meters to more than likely hit my anchor with Stinger into Dark Angel removing all enthusiasm I had for a potential comeback.

I need to grind more. I love this game. :lol

shaowebb

Iron Fist with Hidden Missiles assist is so fucking dirty. I can't believe something my brother created on the fly is so effective. If missiles get launched, I have to play a guessing game when IF gets in. It's either try to tuck n roll out before IF gets anywhere near me while raying a missile doesn't tag me or engage and block. On block though, IF gets to either launch me with a low hitting launcher or overhead me with that grounded ax kick he has.

Also grabs are fucking borked in this game, I swear. Every time I go for one, I get grabbed. Every time I don't want one, I get one... This is further compounded by my brother's strange ability to get grabs so low my characters clip through the ground (especially when I attempt a grab). :lol

Also, I just fucking love how often he gets Chi Parries. Mid Dante mixups, he'll get one and nullify that one aspect I was counting on only for me to eat some FISTS OF FURY or get Happy Birthday'd by Spirit of The Dragon. His mashing out SRKs from our time scrubbing it up in SF4 has made this character so obnoxious for me to deal with now. The worst part of this is this is the third or fourth time he's picked up someone I actually wanted to get accustomed to and gotten the better of me due to lacking character knowledge.

When all else fails, in comes XF3 Dark Derpgil with a surprisingly high number of meters to more than likely hit my anchor with Stinger into Dark Angel removing all enthusiasm I had for a potential comeback.

Forgive my excitement over hearing this, but that sounds delicious for Iron Fist players.

Grecco

Does anyone have the notations for Pr Rogs Spencer BNB?

Im pretty sure its LMHS-MMHS-WeskerGunshot-MHS-UpGraple-Tiger Kneed OTG GRaple-Air S- Front Zip-DownforwardZip-Up Graple-Bionic Manuevers

but not totally sure.

Hurmun

Neo Member

I was really excited for this but then I remembered I don't like playing as doom so it kinda faded hahaha.

I use Spider-Man/Iron Fist/Nova and they all kind of work independently from one another. Not too much synergy but I've manged to make some things work with Spider-Man and Iron Fist thanks to his dragon kick assist.

Razor210

If Hidden Missiles are coming your way, can't you just superjump at the right time to avoid them?

Sure, you risk the air grab, but even if you get grabbed, IF can't convert outside of the corner...right?

Tirael

I'm having a really hard time getting used to SFxT. I never played Street Fighter 4, so this system is alien to me. It's very poke-y.

All I know, from a more or less objective perspective, is Pandora is stupid. It's dumb and shouldn't be in the game without major re-tooling. Ten seconds to win, and if you don't, you lose? Not great when your opponent jumping backwards is an entirely viable option. And if you catch your opponent in a cinematic hyper and bring their health to zero during it, you still lose if Pandora ran out during it.

I almost feel bad saying it should be more like X-factor.

And tagging is so weird. If someone's pressuring you, you can't get out unless you land a hit and juggle exchange, or spend a bar to call them in manually.

The thing that bothers me the most is that every move seems to have a short version and a long version. I hate it when I get a clean hit VERY close to my opponent, and do a simple LP, MP, HP combo, but the HP doesn't connect BECAUSE I WAS TOO CLOSE. As in, if I had been slightly further away, it would have combo'd. That's a stupid issue.

Sucks because we only have one game shop in town that just opened up and they're holding a SFxT tournament. I love fighting games, but DAMN. Shit's hard.

Azure J

Someone seriously needs to teach me how to Ammy. I hate f.HHHHH, it's so reliable but so fraudulent at this point. I need to learn some stance combos. Problem is, I don't understand either the timing or some minor detail about hitting the L/M after QCF+L for that grounded Thunder Edge move. Is it midscreen only?

This is part of a bigger problem I'm having with comboing characters in mid float. That's something I still can't wrap my head around no matter what I try.

If Hidden Missiles are coming your way, can't you just superjump at the right time to avoid them?

Sure, you risk the air grab, but even if you get grabbed, IF can't convert outside of the corner...right?

I think I'm just letting the frustration get to me when I see this coming most times. I'm thinking "punish that fucking assist" and going full aggro before realizing that I bit more than I can chew and Iron Fist launches me. :lol

This sounds like it should work.

Solune

I'm having a really hard time getting used to SFxT. I never played Street Fighter 4, so this system is alien to me. It's very poke-y.

All I know, from a more or less objective perspective, is Pandora is stupid. It's dumb and shouldn't be in the game without major re-tooling. Ten seconds to win, and if you don't, you lose? Not great when your opponent jumping backwards is an entirely viable option. And if you catch your opponent in a cinematic hyper and bring their health to zero during it, you still lose if Pandora ran out during it.

I almost feel bad saying it should be more like X-factor.

And tagging is so weird. If someone's pressuring you, you can't get out unless you land a hit and juggle exchange, or spend a bar to call them in manually.

The thing that bothers me the most is that every move seems to have a short version and a long version. I hate it when I get a clean hit VERY close to my opponent, and do a simple LP, MP, HP combo, but the HP doesn't connect BECAUSE I WAS TOO CLOSE. As in, if I had been slightly further away, it would have combo'd. That's a stupid issue.

Sucks because we only have one game shop in town that just opened up and they're holding a SFxT tournament. I love fighting games, but DAMN. Shit's hard.

OT but.

Pandora should only be used when you know your next combo is going to kill, most of the time after a wallbounce combo into a super. It's a straight up comeback mechanic that should only be used sparingly unlike Xfactor.

Raw-tagging in any game is dangerous, tagging isn't supposed to be a way of getting out of pressure, otherwise that would be immensely stupid. Just imagine yourself doing rushdown and all of a sudden the other guys character comes in jumpkicking you and interrupting your blockst- OH WAIT Marvel has THAT. The good thing is that Raw-tags are for the most part punishable.

3rd part is a somewhat valid complaint... That comes with character familiarity though, in other words, you need to hit that hyperbolic time chamber.

Solune

Someone seriously needs to teach me how to Ammy. I hate f.HHHHH, it's so reliable but so fraudulent at this point. I need to learn some stance combos. Problem is, I don't understand either the timing or some minor detail about hitting the L/M after QCF+L for that grounded Thunder Edge move. Is it midscreen only?

This is part of a bigger problem I'm having with comboing characters in mid float. That's something I still can't wrap my head around no matter what I try.

Nope it is not midscreen only, the timing in-between the S.M after the Thunder Edge is kind of tight though. Since Marvel is kind of forgiving try mashing the M after the Thunder Edge hits.

It's not midscreen only. I'm almost sure the timing is kinda character specific. For example, I can loop that and carry Cap to the corner easily in training mode, but Skrull? He always falls out >_>

Also, personally, I feel stance change combos, without assists at least, are not that great.

Azure J

It's not midscreen only. I'm almost sure the timing is kinda character specific. For example, I can loop that and carry Cap to the corner easily in training mode, but Skrull? He always falls out >_>

Also, personally, I feel stance change combos, without assists at least, are not that great.

I'm very curious on what you mean by that. I'm learning some BnBs so that I'm not always relying on reflector form and so I can get proper relaunch combos going and I just felt as though learning glaive would help a lot.

As for the Thunder Edge stuff, man I can't see this for anything. If I use M, nothing works. If I use L, I'll get a lucky hit if I mash it out, but the hit is so tiny the confirm window is near nonexistent. I guess I should note that my random select training dummies for this instance were Doom/Ghost Rider/Thor since maybe this has something working against it with the big characters.

scumbag Zero XF3 infinite: http://shrt.fm/GAoeJM

what
the
fuck

iOxQWefv2c62C.gif

I'm very curious on what you mean by that. I'm learning some BnBs so that I'm not always relying on reflector form and so I can get proper relaunch combos going and I just felt as though learning glaive would help a lot.

I mean that I don't feel that, other than for getting OTG->super, changing stances midcombo is worth it if she's anchor. Learning glaive should be an important part of learning Ammy though, if only because that's where her XF infinite is. You should always use the weapon that you're more comfortable with for the a match-up you're playing though, like, say, vs Wolverine reflector counter>dive kick.

Frantic

Eh... all the shit Zero can do regularly makes his XF3 stuff seem tame in comparison, lol.

AzureJericho said:
As for the Thunder Edge stuff, man I can't see this for anything. If I use M, nothing works. If I use L, I'll get a lucky hit if I mash it out, but the hit is so tiny the confirm window is near nonexistent. I guess I should note that my random select training dummies for this instance were Doom/Ghost Rider/Thor since maybe this has something working against it with the big characters.
I always go for an L after a Thunder Edge whenever I play Ammy. It's easier. I can usually land an M after a second loop, but the first loop getting an M is usually spacing dependent. You have to hit them late in the move's active frames, to cut down on your own recovery time. If you're too close, it'll hit too early and they'll recover before you can land an M. I usually just go for an L because it'll hit regardless of the spacing.

alright killasasa we are now caught up in rank! became a high lord today. still gotta catch you up as you are still ahead.

you people overreact to zero. anybody that plays zero wouldn't waste all their xf3 time doing this stupid loop when you can kill them with a pretty simple combo.

^ This.

The only person that would actually try that shit in a tournament match is Marn.

Seems like it's only him in this thread, to that same wasteful shortform site every time.

We seem to have a few short form promoters floating around on these boards. Don't know whether to report them.

Also, this game feels so good coming back from XTekken

I missed air blocks. But I will miss Kazuya :(

JeTmAn81

Watching some of the FGTV archives, just saw Smurfx perfect a guy with his Haggar team. You nasty.

edit: nice, Clockw0rk (aka StriderDoom on XBL) shows up later. Link to the stream for anyone interested:

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive/b/312158219

I think Smurfx is in there around 2:20:00, then Clockw0rk appears around 2:46:00.

edit2: Ugh, Clockw0rk keeps getting...w0rked. By a Phoenix Wright team, no less. Of course, it is played by Basic Sausage, Bum's training partner(?). That team (Hulk/Wright/Raccoon) has some amazing synergy.

smurfx

get some go again
basic sausage does train with bum and he is pretty good. he has really leveled up from when i last played him. once he gets started with PW its really hard to stop him.

Dahbomb

Using LVL3 XF with Zero is just... lol.

The reason why Zero is the best character in the game is because he doesn't need XF to kill characters. It's a waste of resources to burn XF with Zero especially LVL3 (unless you can't help it).

CorvoSol

Just had a chance to play this game again this week! I went with a team of Zero, Vergil, and Phoenix. We're all super new to the game where I am, but the guys already decided to grumble about my use of Zero and Phoenix.

Hope you kids have been practicing....

See you at NCR this weekend!

If you're down to money match i'll post the room # later this week

It's gonna be Me, MINE, X-ray, XsK Samurai, Negus Eyoel rooming together.....so come say whats up and test your skill.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Using LVL3 XF with Zero is just... lol.

The reason why Zero is the best character in the game is because he doesn't need XF to kill characters. It's a waste of resources to burn XF with Zero especially LVL3 (unless you can't help it).

Uh I'm pretty sure that if you have Level 3 xfactor left you're gonna want to use that shit regardless.

Dahbomb

I meant that it's pointless to save Zero for LVL3XF especially since he is almost exclusively a point or 2nd spot character who can TOD off of pretty much any hit without using XF. You are better off saving your XF for someone else on your team who actually needs it. Of course if he just happens to be the last man standing then of course you have no choice but to burn it yet even then I would not recommend using the infinite.

smurfx

get some go again
damn did anybody win a tournament with wolverine or something? so many wolverines on ranked today. guess people are discovering he is as derpy as ever and there was no reason to drop him.

Azure J

Random notes from a scrub trying to get better:

- Going LM-Stinger-BC Volcano is somehow infinitely easier for me than adding that extra H. Why? :lol

-- On this same note, why is it that when I magically got better at BC'd attack moves, the one move I spent time on in the beginning, the BC Teleport, has become the hardest thing to do consistently (or even once when I'm paying attention)?

- Holy shit I feel like a boss playing regular Phoenix and actually earning my five meters for a match. Totally caught my brother off guard with them too.

- Iron Fist gets ungodly levels of damage off of things I swear. I shouldn't say shit because I'm playing a team full of fuck, but I guess I'm kinda envious of guys who get 400 - 500K without meter on what amounts to day one improvised magic series chains. :lol

jonathanp

Anyone here use Ghost Rider? I've been messing around with him and I see a little potential for him on a new team I'm in the midst of creating.

Pad is always the way to go.

Using pad is a really weird departure for me. I'm used to using a stick, but I have been too lazy to bring it out. It works out ok.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
LOL some one tried to match my Hawkeye zoning with Sent/Doom/Iron Man. This guy assumed his beams would go through everything. Luckily I have PIERCING BOLT that beat nearly everything he threw at me. Made him rage quit too :).

Azure J

Phoenix is definitely my other calling. Holy shit, get meter stolen? No problem, build that shit by herself! Tired of jump back but afraid of eating a counter grab? Chip them out with the highest durability fireball in the game! Beam characters? Scout the beam and one frame teleport behind them.

Yeah, I'm putting work into this one. I knew I'd like this play since Vanilla.

Dahbomb

Point Ultimate regular Jean play?

I could sort of get behind it in Vanilla but not in Ultimate. It's fairly lackluster. You are better off trying to use Phoenix as an assist character (her expansion assist is technically one of the best assists in the game basically on par with Tatsu assist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom