• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

^come on, no dio? thats just blasphemy

BTW i totally forgot i had a tournament at the end of the month and i really need to practice, biz help me out with zero, and also frantic idk if you still play spencer but i need spencer/vergil training.

Frantic

BTW i totally forgot i had a tournament at the end of the month and i really need to practice, biz help me out with zero, and also frantic idk if you still play spencer but i need spencer/vergil training.
Yeah, I still play Spencer. I can play right now, if you want.

Azure J

You guys are so fucked up for that last page. Game Theory Admiral... #dead

In DMC4, Trish disguises herself as Gloria to infiltrate the Order and gain their trust. It was a one off thing and it's a nice homage to the character. Gloria does look a lot like Gaga although the similarities are coincidental as DMC4 was released before the song Poker Face was released (when Gaga hit it big time).

In other news, the Devil May Cry HD collection release is almost upon us. All you heathens who didn't get to experience the greatness of the original DMC and DMC3SE will have a chance to do so. To get you guys up to speed, me and a few other DMC vets at GAF will be making an OT dedicated to the event covering some of the more intricate aspect of the game that we have learned over the years.

You will get to experience the joy, the sadness and joy again of the series like your forefathers before you. Probably the best thing to come out for the series in the wake of the crap fest that is going to be DmC (the small "m" differentiates it from the main series).

Back on topic: MarlinPie has claimed on Twitter that he has "broken" UMVC3 by discovering a tech with Doom + Ammy that guarantees him the match win if a character dies in the corner. Sounds like the guard break/guard tech glitch optimized to kill characters.

Looking forward to the OT, and Marlin hype early? What's the next event he's playing at? I need my dose of "the most electrifying man in fighting games" after all. :lol

Onemic

Are you gonna make a pheonix team or a vergil team? they both need meter so you cant have both.

Wesker/VErgil/ironman could work so could Wesker/ironman/pheonix or wesker/dormmamu/pheonix or dormammu/vergil/wesker something like that

Vergil team, So I guess Vergil/Wesker/Ironman it is then. Would Vergil/Wesker/Dormammu work too?

Does Maximilian have a video detailing his combos and such? I've searched his channel, but I can't find anything and it seems some tutorials are buried in videos with no indication in the title. SRK has some BnB stuff, but some of the terminology I can't understand and it isn't explained. (ie what does j.H or j.F mean? I've seen both used in one combo, so I don't know if they both mean fierce or not)

Vergil team, So I guess Vergil/Wesker/Ironman it is then. Would Vergil/Wesker/Dormammu work too?

You should play Wesker/Vergil instead of Vergil/Wesker, since Wesker can build meter for Vergil (which needs lots of meters) and Vergil is easier to DHC in safely. As for assists Iron Man is nice but Iron Man is hard to use. Dorm's assist is nice as lockdown for both Vergil and Wesker, and they are deadly with any lockdown assist. Plus Dorm is a better anchor than Vergil and Wesker. Although I think Magneto and Hawkeye are probably the more convenient choices.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
j. H means using H while in the air.
f. H is using H while holding forward.
cr. H would be using H while crouching.

Dorm/Wesker is good, but not with Vergil.

Tobe

well im rusty as fuck and i need to get better characters cause magnus and sentinel are just not enough. i need a hard counter to zero/vergil/wesker and spencer/vergil/wesker and thats it i won the tournament

thnks cita, can we run it again tomorrow?

Grecco

Does Maximilian have a video detailing his combos and such? I've searched his channel, but I can't find anything and it seems some tutorials are buried in videos with no indication in the title. SRK has some BnB stuff, but some of the terminology I can't understand and it isn't explained. (ie what does j.H or j.F mean? I've seen both used in one combo, so I don't know if they both mean fierce or not)

Try to slot in Vergil seccond if you can. Wesker/Vergil/Ironman is fine. Ironmans beam assist is great and helps out both Vergil and Weskers teleport mixups. Practice timeing the assist call with your teleports.

Dormammu would work as well but Someone with a beam assist might be better. Theres plenty of VErgil tutorial vids on youtube. Dahmbom the resident Vergil guy can probably help you out better with that.

Grecco

So what would be a good Dorm/Wesker team and what would be a good Wesker/Vergilteam?

Dorm/Beamassist/Wesker

and Wesker/Vergil/Beam assist.

In fact before i asettled on my current team i tried Dormammu/Taskmaster/Wesker and Wesker/Vergil/Taskmaster

Frantic

well im rusty as fuck and i need to get better characters cause magnus and sentinel are just not enough. i need a hard counter to zero/vergil/wesker and spencer/vergil/wesker and thats it i won the tournament
GGs. You've gotten rustier than Sentinel after ten years. Also, my Dante shouldn't have made so many XF-less comebacks, LOL.

And sadly, there is no hard counter to Zero. All you're gonna be able to do is find characters that go even with him.

As long as I'm not dead tired or something, sure.

Onemic

Dorm/Beamassist/Wesker

and Wesker/Vergil/Beam assist.

In fact before i asettled on my current team i tried Dormammu/Taskmaster/Wesker and Wesker/Vergil/Taskmaster

hmmm do zero, nova, or dante have good beam assists? Everyone keeps talking about how Iron man is hard to use, I thought he was the character that most beginners play with because he's so well rounded?

Azure J

Tobe, learn Ammy. She's just so good at keeping him in check. She's not going to body him free, but she can at least keep the bastard from doing things with impunity.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
hmmm do zero, nova, or dante have good beam assists? Everyone keeps talking about how Iron man is hard to use, I thought he was the character that most beginners play with because he's so well rounded?

Those characters don't have a beam assist unfortunately. Iron Man does though. I personally find IM hard to use in this game. Though I have bad execution for the most part, it's why I use Hulk lol.

A character that I feel does well with Dorm/Wesker is Hawkeye and I find him quite easy to play.

Grecco

The closest to a beam assist would be Dantes Weasel Shot. But with Wesker/Vergil maybe Jam Session is better. I dont really know cause i sure as hell cant play Dante

If you want a well rounded character thats "easy" to use, play Taskmaster :)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think a good beginner team would be Hulk/Sent/Wesker. Low execution, high damage. Just have to not get used to that super armor once you move on to harder characters

Onemic

Those characters don't have a beam assist unfortunately. Iron Man does though. I personally find IM hard to use in this game. Though I have bad execution for the most part, it's why I use Hulk lol.

A character that I feel does well with Dorm/Wesker is Hawkeye and I find him quite easy to play.

I'll try taskmaster, hawkeye, and Ironman and see which one I like more. Thanks for the help!

I think a good beginner team would be Hulk/Sent/Wesker. Low execution, high damage. Just have to not get used to that super armor once you move on to harder characters

Will try this as well

Tobe

Tobe, learn Ammy. She's just so good at keeping him in check. She's not going to body him free, but she can at least keep the bastard from doing things with impunity.

not enough damage, i know she got the tools like counters and stuff but i need something with more health, i need to grind real hard the mastacj team in this week.

JeTmAn81

Well, just when I didn't think I could get any LESS offline play in...the local gaming place which was the headquarters for pretty much all of the fighting game action in this area, limited as it is, got broken into and all their gear stolen. TV's, Xboxes, games and controllers. They had around ten setups. It's really a crying shame. It's hard enough getting people together for stuff like this without some rat finks screwing everything up. There was supposed to be a tournament next Saturday and I was actually going to be there. I really hope they're insured.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If anything, watch the grand finals once the archive is up. I only caught the winners finals onwards. Some very close games.

kirblar

I would love to see BT come out with a Dormammu shirt like the Sagat (TIGER TIGER) one with PowerOfThe in text repeated on the front.

Onemic

Faced a pro through fight request and holy shit at this game. It seems like once you get to the pro level you can pretty much kills off a character with one combo. The guy juggled me once and from there I was pretty much watching a video of my health going down from 100 to 0 and there was nothing I could do about it.

and the mahvel gaf life time achievement award goes to God's beard! here is your trophy.

hPEww.jpg

I feel so loved, I finally have the courage to give it my all this weekend at NCR.

There used to be a list around the time of release, but none of those people really play anymore.

I will play. But I never really practiced since despite getting the game day 1. You guys will literally just kill me with one combo

But I am game if you guys ever wanna get together

In DMC4, Trish disguises herself as Gloria to infiltrate the Order and gain their trust. It was a one off thing and it's a nice homage to the character. Gloria does look a lot like Gaga although the similarities are coincidental as DMC4 was released before the song Poker Face was released (when Gaga hit it big time).

In other news, the Devil May Cry HD collection release is almost upon us. All you heathens who didn't get to experience the greatness of the original DMC and DMC3SE will have a chance to do so. To get you guys up to speed, me and a few other DMC vets at GAF will be making an OT dedicated to the event covering some of the more intricate aspect of the game that we have learned over the years.

You will get to experience the joy, the sadness and joy again of the series like your forefathers before you. Probably the best thing to come out for the series in the wake of the crap fest that is going to be DmC (the small "m" differentiates it from the main series).

Back on topic: MarlinPie has claimed on Twitter that he has "broken" UMVC3 by discovering a tech with Doom + Ammy that guarantees him the match win if a character dies in the corner. Sounds like the guard break/guard tech glitch optimized to kill characters.

You just made my day. I am no DMC vet but I appreciate all the intricacies, and by the way how DmC and NG3 threads have gone, I am really convinced that there's not many people on GAF who give a damn about how DMC/NG really should be played. I am really hoping a decent port given the crap that is SH Collection

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You just made my day. I am no DMC vet but I appreciate all the intricacies, and by the way how DmC and NG3 threads have gone, I am really convinced that there's not many people on GAF who give a damn about how DMC/NG really should be played. I am really hoping a decent port given the crap that is SH Collection

If anything, it goes to show that tons of people care about how DMC/NG should be played, considering there hasn't been much positivity floating in either one. lol.

I just hope my execution will allow me to do half of the stuff I was doing when I was studying TatsumuraBlack(sp?) videos, and the like. DMD Turbo + Fresh Start Dante / Vergil made me feel gdlk. Doubt I'll be able to do that shit now. lol

Bizazedo

I'll be around tonight, if you or Frantic wants. I'm actually running a tourney in two weeks, again, so I should probably knock some rust off. That and some VF rust :).

SF X TK....I keep expecting people to bail on that game since a lot of people seem to have complaints, yet people don't.

I also need to play Smurf, a LOT, since Haggar is a bane of mine. Someone's normals beating Zero = agh?!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Faced a pro through fight request and holy shit at this game. It seems like once you get to the pro level you can pretty much kills off a character with one combo. The guy juggled me once and from there I was pretty much watching a video of my health going down from 100 to 0 and there was nothing I could do about it.

Yeah that's how this game goes most of the time. It's not that fun when you are on the receiving end of it, but you get used to it after a while. Luckily for you the teams that you are using a very much capable of doing the same thing to the opponent.

#greatestfightinggameever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs&feature=player_embedded

People called me nuts when I said Nitsuma was a better designer than Trollno.

#cryingforDS4
Someone posted this on SRK hours ago. I was fucking dying lol. The only people saying Niitsuma shouldn't be in charge of Darkstalkers are vets who don't want anyone from Capcom making it or people who never played the games. Only one group knows what they are talking about.

Old vets. But given the choice: Nitsuma or Ono? I think I know who I would pick. I don't want any of the SFxT shit to get in. And I will GLADLY take ToDs over time outs.

Tobe

Someone posted this on SRK hours ago. I was fucking dying lol. The only people saying Niitsuma shouldn't be in charge of Darkstalkers are vets who don't want anyone from Capcom making it or people who never played the games. Only one group knows what they are talking about.

didnt neo g do the vampire series mechanics?

Old vets. But given the choice: Nitsuma or Ono? I think I know who I would pick. I don't want any of the SFxT shit to get in. And I will GLADLY take ToDs over time outs.
The answer seems to be obviously "Niitsuma" to me.

Niitsuma:
-Has demonstrated an ability to balance a diverse character roster
-Has good aesthetic taste when it comes to character design
-Made a really fast paced game

Ono:
-Consistently failed to make SFIV more balanced with each iteration, even though there's much less differentiation between each character than in MvC3
-Allows his character designers to make aesthetic freakshows like the uniboob
-Has no experience with a fast paced game

Both of them have their share of glitches, but something like an infinite by mashing the same attack over and over? I don't think Niitsuma would fail that much. Niitsuma managed to do a lot with a significantly smaller budget than Ono. If Capcom execs gave Niitsuma a little more breathing room and funding, I think his superiority as a developer would be much more clear.

It's incredibly ironic that UMvC3 got shafted with 8 less characters and who knows what else simply because Capcom executives didn't want it to interfere with SFxT sales. Rocket Raccoon alone has more style and substance than the entire SFxT launch roster (I haven't seen the 12 on-disk unlockables).

Azure J

didnt neo g do the vampire series mechanics?

If I understand anything of the situation, NeoG is just a guy who was a consultant for the bigger fighting franchises in Capcom over the years. Dirty Beret (who now does GG? MIA?) was the one responsible for most of the Vampire specifics, especially Saviour.

Sentinel/Rocket Raccoon/Magneto

The answer seems to be obviously "Niitsuma" to me.

Niitsuma:
-Has demonstrated an ability to balance a diverse character roster
-Has good aesthetic taste when it comes to character design
-Made a really fast paced game

Ono:
-Consistently failed to make SFIV more balanced with each iteration, even though there's much less differentiation between each character than in MvC3
-Allows his character designers to make aesthetic freakshows like the uniboob
-Has no experience with a fast paced game

Both of them have their share of glitches, but something like an infinite by mashing the same attack over and over? I don't think Niitsuma would fail that much. Niitsuma managed to do a lot with a significantly smaller budget than Ono. If Capcom execs gave Niitsuma a little more breathing room and funding, I think his superiority as a developer would be much more clear.

It's incredibly ironic that UMvC3 got shafted with 8 less characters and who knows what else simply because Capcom executives didn't want it to interfere with SFxT sales. Rocket Raccoon alone has more style and substance than the entire SFxT launch roster (I haven't seen the 12 on-disk unlockables).

Not fair, Niitsuma has Neo_G on his team. If Dimps borrowed him for DS4, it'd be the same level of battle system. The only battle director as skilled as him is working on Resident Evil 6. Besides, Niitsuma gets to work in MT Framework with a lot of people super experienced in that engine. Ono got SF4 on a prayer, I wouldn't be surprised if Vanilla Marvel had the bigger budget.

Not fair, Niitsuma has Neo_G on his team. If Dimps borrowed him for DS4, it'd be the same level of battle system. The only battle director as skilled as him is working on Resident Evil 6. Besides, Niitsuma gets to work in MT Framework with a lot of people super experienced in that engine. Ono got SF4 on a prayer, I wouldn't be surprised if Vanilla Marvel had the bigger budget.
It's not like Neo_G is a possession that only Niitsuma can own. I'm sure Ono could have run things by him. IIRC, we've read quite a few interviews with Niitsuma saying he wishes he could have had Ono's budget.

Also Nitsuma introduced xfactor. End of discussion.
Agreed - great mechanic. The only problem with MvC3 in terms of battle features is TACs.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
IIRC, SSFIV was pretty decent in terms of balance, until AE...

Things Nitsuma has done:

-Vanilla Phoenix
-Vanilla Wolverine
-X Factor
-DLC Glitch
-TAC nonsense

He's just as bad as Ono, the only difference is that he has Neo_G on his side and that gives him an advantage.

While I don't disagree that the art style for SFIV isn't...aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, it's not like Nitsuma was even given a chance to fuck that up. Marvel wouldn't have let anything like that fly. lol

I'd want Nitsuma to make VS for certain, but he's done some of the same shit Ono has...

smurfx

get some go again
Agreed - great mechanic. The only problem with MvC3 in terms of battle features is TACs.
x-factor would be a great mechanic if it wasn't so horribly implemented. there shouldn't be an xf1 or xf2. each kill you get in xf3 should reduce your available xfactor time.

And that was due to the budget and time constraints which Nitsuma has been open about. He knows that some broken things made it through but he didn't have the money or time to make things as he wanted.

Frantic

High level play at its finest... my god. @_@

I also need to play Smurf, a LOT, since Haggar is a bane of mine. Someone's normals beating Zero = agh?!
Honestly, I used to have a lot of trouble with Haggar's normals, but I've gotten good with my spacing to not have a problem with them anymore. What kills me is that freaking lariat. I hate dropping a hit confirm and running face first into that thing and getting ToD for my troubles.

Viewtiful Joe's slowdown is such an amazing tool that most of the Joe players don't really use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom