• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Xfactors good when I use it. When it's used against me I feel like the game is dumb. But when I reverse ocv someone I feel like a million bucks.

smurfx

get some go again
Honestly, I used to have a lot of trouble with Haggar's normals, but I've gotten good with my spacing to not have a problem with them anymore. What kills me is that freaking lariat. I hate dropping a hit confirm and running face first into that thing and getting ToD for my troubles.
when are you going to get on live? i'm on right now so do you feel like playing?

Xfactors good when I use it. When it's used against me I feel like the game is dumb. But when I reverse ocv someone I feel like a million bucks.
a lot of the time i find myself just using x factor to recover some health. i've never really depended on it and i want to continue that.

Onemic

Just tried training mode with zero and the guy is super fun to use. I'm now thinking of replacing wesker with zero for a zero/vergil/Hawkeye or IM team. is that a good combo and is zero a good character?

smurfx

get some go again
Just tried training mode with zero and the guy is super fun to use. I'm now thinking of replacing wesker with zero for a zero/vergil/Hawkeye or IM team. is that a good combo and is zero a good character?
i don't know man that's a pretty low health team. ggs frantic i did a lot better against virgil than i thought i would considering he is one of my current problem characters. i've been wanting to play you to get in much needed hawkeye/haggar experience against dante/virgil.

x-factor would be a great mechanic if it wasn't so horribly implemented. there shouldn't be an xf1 or xf2. each kill you get in xf3 should reduce your available xfactor time.
XF1 and XF2 are just levels of strategy. People rarely use them because XF3 is so good, so why not have them? Each kill in XF3 does reduce your available time, because you have to wait for your opponent's next character to come out! ;-)

XF is great because it means that you have a reason to do more than put down your controller after your opponent whomps your first two characters. It adds to the game.

On top of that it causes you to pay attention to your opponent's team composition. Does your opponent have Arthur/Dorm in the back? So massive chip game if no XF. But they are running point Zero/second Dante. Do you blow your XF to ensure Zero dies or hold it for the backup Arthur/Dorm?

Decisions, decisions.

smurfx

get some go again
XF1 and XF2 are just levels of strategy. People rarely use them because XF3 is so good, so why not have them? Each kill in XF3 does reduce your available time, because you have to wait for your opponent's next character to come out! ;-)

XF is great because it means that you have a reason to do more than put down your controller after your opponent whomps your first two characters. It adds to the game.
don't know about you but i believe in being rewarded for getting a big lead on your opponent. i would rather capcom get rid of x factor entirely but if they insist on putting it in the game then i would definitely like them to change it.

Dahbomb

x-factor would be a great mechanic if it wasn't so horribly implemented. there shouldn't be an xf1 or xf2.
XF1 and XF2 are completely fine as they are more strategic/offensive in nature. LVL3XF is purely a comeback mechanic and a super powerful one at that. XF1 was near broken in Vanilla but they fixed that and now it's completely fine.

Back on topic: I love XF because it enables boss mode Vergil. As in DMD mode Vergil Final boss battle from DMC3SE mode.

don't know about you but i believe in being rewarded for getting a big lead on your opponent
You ARE rewarded for having a big lead on your opponent.

When you kill their 2 characters they get:

*No assists
*No TAC mechanics
*No safe DHC options
*No cross over counters
*No raw tag option

And the biggest part is that being the only character they HAVE to burn XF first or risk being killed first or getting chipped too much. This exposes them to counter XF guard cancels. The player with the life lead always has the luxury of avoiding the initial XF guard cancel by XF of their own. You also still have the option of saving your own LVL3 XF in case you do get your entire team ran over by an anchor character.

is zero a good character
Zero is the BEST character in the game.

Onemic

i don't know man that's a pretty low health team. ggs frantic i did a lot better against virgil than i thought i would considering he is one of my current problem characters. i've been wanting to play you to get in much needed hawkeye/haggar experience against dante/virgil.

would zero/dante/strider work or do I need a beam assist character still?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
X-Factor isn't god awful in its current form, but I'm not sure what I think of people who think that it's a net positive on the game.

K701

Banned
Ok GAF. I need some help here.

My base is having a MVC3 tourney on the 360. I saw the poster and emailed the guy with the following questions:

What version of the game will you be running? Vanilla, or Ultimate?

What type of elimination will it be? Single? Two out of three?

Will you supply 360 arcade sticks?

He replied with:

I got a question for you...would you be able to attend our planning meeting?

I guess this means he doesn't know what to do. I said yes I would go, but I've never been to a tourney either. So here are the things I'm thinking, am I covering it all?

Ultimate ver. If they can only run the tourney on one station I'll try to convince them to buy jill and shuma. If they wont I'll tell them to point out they're banned.

Low lag TV, I know comp monitors have lower lag so I would suggest using those first. If they can't get some I'll lend them my Panasonic with viper drive.

2 out of 3 matches. 3 out of 5 finals (this is how it's supposed to be done right?)

Bring your own stick, but I'll ask if some people have sticks to lend. (great if there's only gonna be one station)

control check, then the match.

Press the pause button or guide button and be eliminated.

Anything else I'm missing?

Dahbomb

would zero/vergil/wesker work or do I need a beam assist character still?
That's basically 3 point characters. IMO Zero + Wesker on the same team sucks. Neither character gives anything to the other aside from Wesker giving Zero an OTG that he doesn't need. You don't need a beam for Zero but you definitely need a top assist. Wesker and Vergil need an assist.

Good teams to try out:

Wesker/Vergil/Iron Man
Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye
Dormammu/Wesker/Iron Man
Dormammu/Wesker/Hawkeye
Wesker/Vergil/Taskmaster

K701

Banned
Winners keeping their team and order, losers being able to change characters other than that your pretty much set.

oh so winners and losers pools, yeah.

So,

One loss (out of 2 out of 3 matches) gets you sent to losers.

If you lose there then you're gone.

losers will only face people in losers pool unless none are left right?

Frantic

ggs frantic i did a lot better against virgil than i thought i would considering he is one of my current problem characters. i've been wanting to play you to get in much needed hawkeye/haggar experience against dante/virgil.
GGs. I kept dropping shit, and I got hit by a lot of stuff I know I was blocking(half the connected pipes I swear I was blocking). Also, I hate Shield Skills.

Onemic

That's basically 3 point characters. IMO Zero + Wesker on the same team sucks. Neither character gives anything to the other aside from Wesker giving Zero an OTG that he doesn't need. You don't need a beam for Zero but you definitely need a top assist. Wesker and Vergil need an assist.

Good teams to try out:

Wesker/Vergil/Iron Man
Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye
Dormammu/Wesker/Iron Man
Dormammu/Wesker/Hawkeye
Wesker/Vergil/Taskmaster

I think I've solidified my first character to be Zero, he's just so fun to play I'd want to base a team off of him. Some dudes on the SRK forums keep saying zero/vergil/dante and zero/dante/magneto are pretty much the best zero teams. Can you confirm this?

smurfx

get some go again
I think I've solidified my first character to be Zero, he's just so fun to play I'd want to base a team off of him. Some dudes on the SRK forums keep saying zero/vergil/dante and zero/dante/magneto are pretty much the best zero teams. Can you confirm this?
well zero/vergil/dante lets you touch of death people with zero if you can get the combo down so that is why its said to be one of the better team combinations.

Sixfortyfive

Ok GAF. I need some help here.

My base is having a MVC3 tourney on the 360. I saw the poster and emailed the guy with the following questions:

He replied with:

I guess this means he doesn't know what to do. I said yes I would go, but I've never been to a tourney either. So here are the things I'm thinking, am I covering it all?

Ultimate ver. If they can only run the tourney on one station I'll try to convince them to buy jill and shuma. If they wont I'll tell them to point out they're banned.

Low lag TV, I know comp monitors have lower lag so I would suggest using those first. If they can't get some I'll lend them my Panasonic with viper drive.

2 out of 3 matches. 3 out of 5 finals (this is how it's supposed to be done right?)

Bring your own stick, but I'll ask if some people have sticks to lend. (great if there's only gonna be one station)

control check, then the match.

Press the pause button or guide button and be eliminated.

Anything else I'm missing?
Patches: Make sure to play the game while logged into Live on the system you're using for the tournament so that it will prompt to download any title updates. Usually a good idea to take care of this a day or so beforehand.

Bracket structure: This depends on what you have the time and resources to run, but Double Elimination is usually the way to go unless you have such a small number of entrants (less than 8) that you could get away with doing round robin instead. If you're not familiar with bracket theory, make sure to find and print out a template for a double elimination bracket so that you can keep track of everything properly.

Match structure: Every set should be at least 2 out of 3 games. The convention is to make winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals 3 out of 5, but if you can make the entire tournament 3 out of 5 and still run on time that's also good. Make sure to note counterpick procedures. Typically, the winner is locked into the same character and assist choices, while the loser can change whatever.

Input lag: On top of using low-latency monitors, you should hook up the system via HDMI and make sure that the 360's display setting is set to match the monitor/TV's native resolution. There's usually an option to determine this automatically from the dashboard if you don't know it already (the choices in the display menu will be listed as something like "1080p, 720p, find optimal"). The 360's internal scaler is better than that of any HDTV, as far as I know, so you should use that. If you have to use an HDTV instead of a monitor it obviously goes without saying that you should turn off as much post-processing crap as possible.

Game options: Typically, everything should be set to default, although it is typical for Auto Super Jump to be turned off. You might want to check for this.

Controllers/Sticks: BYOC is standard and should be stressed, although if you can provide equipment for people to use then that's cool. MAKE SURE TO STRESS THAT PEOPLE TURN OFF THEIR WIRELESS CONTROLLERS WHENEVER THEIR MATCH IS OVER OR TO UNPLUG THEIR WIRED CONTROLLERS BEFORE THE NEXT PLAYER SITS DOWN TO PLUG THEIRS IN. I can't stress this enough.

Pause rule: If one player pauses the match, the other player has the option to take that game for free. Typically, the only time this doesn't apply is when there would be no possible way to change the outcome of the match anyway (i.e. the losing player is caught in a lv3 hyper that is guaranteed to KO him).

K701

Banned
Patches: Make sure to play the game while logged into Live on the system you're using for the tournament so that it will prompt to download any title updates. Usually a good idea to take care of this a day or so beforehand.

Bracket structure: This depends on what you have the time and resources to run, but Double Elimination is usually the way to go unless you have such a small number of entrants (less than 8) that you could get away with doing round robin instead. If you're not familiar with bracket theory, make sure to find and print out a template for a double elimination bracket so that you can keep track of everything properly.

Match structure: Every set should be at least 2 out of 3 games. The convention is to make winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals 3 out of 5, but if you can make the entire tournament 3 out of 5 and still run on time that's also good. Make sure to note counterpick procedures. Typically, the winner is locked into the same character and assist choices, while the loser can change whatever.

Input lag: On top of using low-latency monitors, you should hook up the system via HDMI and make sure that the 360's display setting is set to match the monitor/TV's native resolution. There's usually an option to determine this automatically from the dashboard if you don't know it already (the choices in the display menu will be listed as something like "1080p, 720p, find optimal"). The 360's internal scaler is better than that of any HDTV, as far as I know, so you should use that. If you have to use an HDTV instead of a monitor it obviously goes without saying that you should turn off as much post-processing crap as possible.

Game options: Typically, everything should be set to default, although it is typical for Auto Super Jump to be turned off. You might want to check for this.

Controllers/Sticks: BYOC is standard and should be stressed, although if you can provide equipment for people to use then that's cool. MAKE SURE TO STRESS THAT PEOPLE TURN OFF THEIR WIRELESS CONTROLLERS WHENEVER THEIR MATCH IS OVER OR TO UNPLUG THEIR WIRED CONTROLLERS BEFORE THE NEXT PLAYER SITS DOWN TO PLUG THEIRS IN. I can't stress this enough.

Pause rule: If one player pauses the match, the other player has the option to take that game for free. Typically, the only time this doesn't apply is when there would be no possible way to change the outcome of the match anyway (i.e. the losing player is caught in a lv3 hyper that is guaranteed to KO him).

Thanks I wrote all that down and added turbo features and "hitbox" style sticks are banned.

don't know about you but i believe in being rewarded for getting a big lead on your opponent. i would rather capcom get rid of x factor entirely but if they insist on putting it in the game then i would definitely like them to change it.

XF1 and XF2 are completely fine as they are more strategic/offensive in nature. LVL3XF is purely a comeback mechanic and a super powerful one at that. XF1 was near broken in Vanilla but they fixed that and now it's completely fine.

You ARE rewarded for having a big lead on your opponent.

When you kill their 2 characters they get:

*No assists
*No TAC mechanics
*No safe DHC options
*No cross over counters
*No raw tag option

And the biggest part is that being the only character they HAVE to burn XF first or risk being killed first or getting chipped too much. This exposes them to counter XF guard cancels. The player with the life lead always has the luxury of avoiding the initial XF guard cancel by XF of their own. You also still have the option of saving your own LVL3 XF in case you do get your entire team ran over by an anchor character.

Damn, Dahbomb covered most of it for me, but I'll add two things:
1) This isn't Street Fighter. Losing 1/3 of my team is not the same as losing 1/3 of my life. It has a cumulative effect. I lose options. X-Factor 3 is essentially replacing the benefits you could get from a teammate's assist and then some, for a limited time. In Street Fighter, I absolutely agree that a comeback mechanic is simply misplaced.

2) Winning begets winning in this game. Most top teams have ToD combo setups, and once you lose your first character, there's a really good chance you're going to lose the second one too. It's simply a myth to think that the winning player is "earning" the second, and even the third, kill after the first. You are placed in a horribly disadvantageous position after losing your first character unless you use Sentinel. Firebrand and Dormammu have such good solo mix-up options that once I kill my opponent's first character, I know I have a huge chance of killing the next one for free. My opponent has to survive the mix-ups to even have the right to use his second character. Absolutely, this would be less so if the damage were lower, and I would agree with anyone that this game would be better off without ToD options...but that would also correlate to an X-Factor nerf, which would make smurfx happy I imagine. ;-)

If I can TAC someone with Firebrand, they're dead, even if it's Thor off of a throw.

Sixfortyfive

Thanks I wrote all that down and added turbo features and "hitbox" style sticks are banned.
I don't agree with banning hitboxes, even in the cases where they allow for left+right blocking simultaneously. I feel that in order to make that kind of ban fair, then you also have to open up and inspect every stick that players bring in to make sure that they aren't rigged to allow similar exploits, and that's not really feasible unless you mandate that people use equipment that you provide and have checked beforehand.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention: When seeding a bracket, it's considered common courtesy to spread friends apart as much as possible so that people who ride to the venue together don't have to play each other in the first round.

Yep, Dorm/Zero/Viper kill your first, they usually kill the second. Same for Magneto/Vergil as well.

Why XF exists. This game is going to go hunt for first hit, kill, mix up on incoming char, kill, anchor XF to escape and hope for comeback.

K701

Banned
I don't agree with banning hitboxes, even in the cases where they allow for left+right blocking simultaneously. I feel that in order to make that kind of ban fair, then you also have to open up and inspect every stick that players bring in to make sure that they aren't rigged to allow similar exploits, and that's not really feasible unless you mandate that people use equipment that you provide and have checked beforehand.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention: When seeding a bracket, it's considered common courtesy to spread friends apart as much as possible so that people who ride to the venue together don't have to play each other in the first round.

Thanks. I would totally do the bracket thing if it was a normal tourney, but it's a military base and most of the participants live next to the building where the tournament is, or in others not even a mile away. It's not being advertised outside the base. If you live outside the base and work in the base you have a car anyway. As for the hitbox, to be honest I don't think many people will bring an arcade stick, let alone a hitbox.

Also added players have 5 minutes to show up to the match or get a loss, unless attending the side tournament.

Dahbomb

Any team with Zero + Dante is a super good Zero team. Dante goes with every other character in the game so you basically just need to find a 3rd character who goes well with Zero. Those teams mentioned are all great Zero teams.

Old vets. But given the choice: Nitsuma or Ono? I think I know who I would pick. I don't want any of the SFxT shit to get in. And I will GLADLY take ToDs over time outs.
Niitsuma without a doubt. Niitsuma and his team have way more experience with fighters that stress unique characters/fighting styles and "over the top" mechanics that would absolutely break a Street Fighter game. Ono and his team have not been involved in anything nearly as wild as Mahvel 3, TvC or Vampire in a while(if at all). Darkstalkers is not a franchise that should just be thrown to anyone on a whim. It's no better than tossing Resident Evil to some random Western developer in the hopes that it gets those big bucks.
IIRC, SSFIV was pretty decent in terms of balance, until AE...

Things Nitsuma has done:

-Vanilla Phoenix
-Vanilla Wolverine
-X Factor
-DLC Glitch
-TAC nonsense

He's just as bad as Ono, the only difference is that he has Neo_G on his side and that gives him an advantage.

While I don't disagree that the art style for SFIV isn't...aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, it's not like Nitsuma was even given a chance to fuck that up. Marvel wouldn't have let anything like that fly. lol

I'd want Nitsuma to make VS for certain, but he's done some of the same shit Ono has...
Key word there. SFIV also has a lot of issues that people wanted to see adressed in terms of floaty jumps, slow walk speeds, big stages, ultras among other things and many of those key complaints were never addressed after YEARS and three updates. Ono also admitted to pushing for characters who were intentionally powerful in order to stir up some sort of community hype. All of those issues with MvC3 have been mistakes as far as we know and about 90% of the issues that Vanilla had were resolved within 9 months of Vanilla's release with a new disc. The only major problems left right now are certain little character issues, roster holes and X-Factor 3 which needs some more trimming. They managed to do this while being rushed by two companies, one of whom was constantly bugging them about the representation of their characters(down to whether or not they should float LOL).

I'll take Niitsuma's productive schedule any day of the week even if it means that the funding isn't zomg hueg. It's not like a DS game would need a megamillion fund with it's small character roster.
X-Factor isn't god awful in its current form, but I'm not sure what I think of people who think that it's a net positive on the game.
Has anyone said that? They'd have to be slightly out of their minds lol. Nerfing all three levels slightly would be a great thing for the game.

X-factor should have been like Dark Force in Vampire Saviour. A character specific mechanic, but a once-per-match use.
Forgot to quote this. How would that work in a fifty character roster? Dark Force is a novel idea for a small roster like BlazBlue's drive system, but you kinda start scraping the bottom of the barrel after thirty characters or so. It's kinda like coming up with unique super powers. You start off with a bitchin' ass Spider Man, but you eventually get to Aqua Man.

Then what?
I think X-Factor is a net positive in this game. The game could do well without it, but a lot would have to change.
Should have read 645's post more clearly. Yeah... I think it's an overall net positive, but just barely. Some characters have XF values that are out of wack and the damage is too high at levels 2 and 3. Nerfing them so that max damage is about 135-140% is ideal imo.

Forgot to quote this. How would that work in a fifty character roster? Dark Force is a novel idea for a small roster like BlazBlue's drive system, but you kinda start scraping the bottom of the barrel after thirty characters or so. It's kinda like coming up with unique super powers. You start off with a bitchin' ass Spider Man, but you eventually get to Aqua Man.

Then what?

*imagines VJoe's possible Dark Force*

:O~

Dahbomb

OMG just saw that raw tag video. This game is sick.

Nitsuma + Neo_G for any crazy over the top fighting game from Capcom and that includes Darkstalkers. If anything they at least have the competency to make a game with a diverse cast fun to play. Ono can either play it safe while limiting the fun or go balls out with troll mode. TVC was a fun as hell game and I would take that game over SFxTekken any day of the week.

Also I have figured out how to nerf Zero without going overboard with his changes. In fact I have boiled it down to only 2 nerfs that are a must on him.

*Canceling Raikousen into Buster causes Raikousen to disappear instantly.
*Damage on special scaling reduced from 3.0 to 1.5.

The first change is obvious... it's the #1 reason why Zero is the best character in the game. Say good bye to shooting out full screen beams without any durability points.

With that special scaling, the LL combo will still do a ton of damage but not 1.2 million damage. It will do more than Rekkoha and it should because it's execution heavy. With the new special scaling Zero will have to burn meter more often and go for more mix ups to do better damage although he still shouldn't have difficulty TODing characters.

Whoa wait, people are defending X-Factor in this thread?
It's a necessary evil for the game but it's implementation is a bit over the top especially for a few characters. The combination of LVL3XF persisting for a really long time and giving godly bonuses is not a good look, never has been. I really think that one more revision of XF would be enough where they scale back XFLVL3 to current LVL2 setting and LVL2 to a new setting where it's somewhere between 1 and 2 of the previous version.

Frantic

Then what?
Give Dante a twenty second Quicksilver and Doppelganger Dark Force/X-Factor, give Vergil a twenty second Nelo Angelo transformation Dark Force/X-Factor, take off Wesker's trench coat for the rest of the fight giving him 20% boost to speed and damage, make Hsien-Ko turn into her Vampire Saviour self for five seconds, etc.

Also I have figured out how to nerf Zero without going overboard with his changes. In fact I have boiled it down to only 2 nerfs that are a must on him.

*Canceling Raikousen into Buster causes Raikousen to disappear instantly.
*Damage on special scaling reduced from 3.0 to 1.5.
The first is the main thing I want. That's the main thing that makes fighting Zero so freaking hard for me.

BHK3

Banned
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo I got Umvc3. What videos should I watch that'll teach me how to play the game while it installs?

My team is Ghost rider, doctor strange and I was thinking about taking up Frank, but Idk how the camera works at all.

Azure J

Just a bit of a random question: anyone here ever have a moment with this game that breaks you? Like hitting X, Y & Z but having one thing go wrong and it just shakes you or your enthusiasm for the remainder of your matches? I had that happen to me earlier. I thought I was doing some awesome shit with Felicia because I can get her jump combos offa Toy Touch somewhat, but then I went back to my day 1 Cat Runs everywhere and just said "Why.jpg" to myself.

Also, now all of a sudden I'm having a hard time with SRKs going away from the buttons on my pad. It's amazing seeing me hit some of the Nini Heart confirms and even modifying it on the fly going right, but flub any kind of OTG going left because of this input error on my end and a mentality I developed to keep me doing the Nini stuff (I literally say to myself "no fraud OTGs with Cold Shower).

Kinda unrelated, but I've been playing one of the Battle Network games again, and fucking hell do I want .EXE in this game now more than ever.

I played Kid Icarus Uprising a bit today, saw that it had what amounted to a Navi Customizer and promptly started nostalgia-ing for the Battle Network series. At this point, I could be cool with EXE over X.

Give Dante a twenty second Quicksilver and Doppelganger Dark Force/X-Factor, give Vergil a twenty second Nelo Angelo transformation Dark Force/X-Factor, take off Wesker's trench coat for the rest of the fight giving him 20% boost to speed and damage, make Hsien-Ko turn into her Vampire Saviour self for five seconds, etc.

I like that Hsien-Ko only gets to be decent in a once per match mode as per this suggestion. :lol

This also makes me wonder what the Darkstalkers would get since their Dark Forces all essentially became hypers. Morrigan would probably get the ability to drain meter with every fireball she throws in that mode, Felicia gets a troupe of hellcats following behind her Genejin or Lemmings style, but no matter what, I can't think of something Hsien would get.

Dahbomb

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo I got Umvc3. What videos should I watch that'll teach me how to play the game while it installs?

My team is Ghost rider, doctor strange and I was thinking about taking up Frank, but Idk how the camera works at all.
Maximillion's tutorials cover all the new characters at a base level.

Number of hits when you get a snap with camera = Amount of EXP gained

You gain LVLs at certain EXP. Multiple snap shots stack up so having even 2 snap shots in a combo can get you leveled up really fast.

That's the main thing that makes fighting Zero so freaking hard for everyone.
Fixed that for you.

Give Dante a twenty second Quicksilver and Doppelganger Dark Force/X-Factor, give Vergil a twenty second Nelo Angelo transformation Dark Force/X-Factor, take off Wesker's trench coat for the rest of the fight giving him 20% boost to speed and damage etc.
OH MY GAWD!!!!

Just for this I hope the twins make a guest appearance in DS4. The world needs to witness Vergil with Nelo Angelo transformation. Shit is broken even for DMC standards.

Sixfortyfive

Imo, the best general resource for learning how to play the game for a newcomer to MvC is the first 60 or so pages of the Bradygames guide.

Solune

Think about it this way peeps, if X-Factor was not in this game, I'm pretty sure 'tournament viability' criticisms about the game would be nearly extinguished. The one thing that X-Factor really holds a leash on though is Jean, and we all know how much talk JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAANNNNN generated, especially during pre-Ultimate stages of the game.
Kinda unrelated, but I've been playing one of the Battle Network games again, and fucking hell do I want .EXE in this game now more than ever.

It was the scarf or "character designs everybody hates" thread that prompted your playthrough wasn't it ;)?

Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't get into the theorycrafting biz, but...

Viewtiful Joe's "Dark Force:"

The game turns into Viewtiful Joe, complete with Punch, Kick, Slow, Fast and Zoom buttons. Dark Force timer is equal to Joe's movie timer from the games. The timer is set for 20-30 non-Marvel seconds (since it doesn't naturally decrease in the games), and decreases faster when using movie powers.

- Attacks can be dodged high/low, granting bonuses
- All projectiles can be reflected with attacks
- All attacks can be dodged; no throws are allowed from either player (to reduce cheese)
It was the scarf or "character designs everybody hates" thread that prompted your playthrough wasn't it ;)?

Actually, I stayed out of those threads. I just got bored with Tactics Ogre and had already re-beat Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Figured I would give Network Battle 6 another shot.

Frantic

I like that Hsien-Ko only gets to be decent in a once per match mode as per this suggestion. :lol
I was aiming for the maximum level of trolling.

Dahbomb said:
OH MY GAWD!!!!

Just for this I hope the twins make a guest appearance in DS4. The world needs to witness Vergil with Nelo Angelo transformation. Shit is broken even for DMC standards.
What would happen if DMC2 Dante's DDT appeared in a fighting game? "You are already dead."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't get into the theorycrafting biz, but...

Viewtiful Joe's "Dark Force:"

The game turns into Viewtiful Joe, complete with Punch, Kick, Slow, Fast and Zoom buttons. Dark Force timer is equal to Joe's movie timer from the games. The timer is set for 20-30 non-Marvel seconds (since it doesn't naturally decrease in the games), and decreases faster when using movie powers.

- Attacks can be dodged high/low, granting bonuses
- All projectiles can be reflected with attacks
- All attacks can be dodged; no throws are allowed from either player (to reduce cheese)

Actually, I stayed out of those threads. I just got bored with Tactics Ogre and had already re-beat Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Figured I would give Network Battle 6 another shot.

You're making me want to run through Battle Network 3 again.

What would happen if DMC2 Dante's DDT appeared in a fighting game? "You are already dead."

lmao. I can't even describe how broken it would be.

smurfx

get some go again
character specific xf3 bonuses should have been the way xf was implemented. that way you don't have characters like wesker who's xf3 is so much better than many other characters xf3. then again capcom does play favorites with many characters and dante's xf3 bonus would probably make vanilla dark phoenix look balanced.

Hsien-Ko's should just be her summoning Yun and Yang straight from AE, and remove the other player's ability to block and jump.

Yun and Yang should have no meter starting out though. Wouldn't want it to be broken or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom