• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

I'm messing around with the stupidest little thing right now trying to find an application for it. Anyone have any thoughts on Magneto attraction while calling Felicia Rolling Buckler assist? :p

GatorBait

Nah ur pretty good. I am using cheap ol Vergil and fast tripple arrows. I think tho our set can be summed by:

Wasskerrrr.

I intend to drop soon.

Yep, Wesker is my scrub get-out-of-jail-free card. I'm actually horrible with him, too. I never command grab. Never do any of his special moves in combos. Hell, I hardly ever even hit the C-button in combos. I get excited and just go B into launcher.

I just started with Team Noel Brown™ and have been concentrating on learning each character one-by-one. My next goal is to consistently be able to convert a berserker slash into a berserker charge combo. Baby steps, haha.

Onemic

Totally missed your fight request Gator. I sometimes forget to turn my ps3 off when i'm not playing so I'm AFK a lot. PSN should add an idle status

Does anyone know why I'm getting "player update failed" notices?

EDIT: Wow, this is shitty. I can't even play online anymore. I try to get into the Online Menu and it boots me out.

EDIT 2: Even weirder. Now everything is back to normal.

EDIT 3: Spoke too soon. Now I can't play online again. This is seriously infuriating.

Tobe

I may be going a bit OT here but the word scrub is just used in a wrong way and it usually pisses me off. A Scrub is someone who whines and never wants to learn the game, constantly asking for nerfs cause he doesnt want to put the work into beating a character or strategy. For example a really good player can be a scrub because he has a shitty mindset.

For example i might say sanford is a scrub at marvel 3 cause he just whines about all the bs and never plays the game this doesnt make him bad , he got top 16 last year at a game he didnt even liked or played that much.

Well thats it for tonight i have classes in 4 hours. I think ill be up for some games tomorrow, Biz and cita hope we can play.

I'm fucking FURIOUS right now. I can't play a single fucking game online, and the internet doesn't have any good solutions. All i was able to find is "turn off the PS3 then turn it back on and it'll be fine." Well guess what morons, it didn't fucking work.

zlatko

Banned
Played Chavelo in like 20 games last night... won 3 or 4 only. FML. ; ;

I couldn't for the life of me complete a Nova combo that had fly in it. Doom missles constantly made any confirms I DID get, interrupt, and lead to a combo for him. Sent drones let him maul me with Taskmaster free, and anytime I would try to push block or throw, I'd end up being thrown since Task is just a walking throw option select... or a swinging one anyway.

Offline I was able to block the Task high low shit on reaction no problem, but online I'd get opened up low way too much, even though I'd be holding down back.

/salt

smurfx

get some go again

I couldn't for the life of me complete a Nova combo that had fly in it. Doom missles constantly made any confirms I DID get, interrupt, and lead to a combo for him. Sent drones let him maul me with Taskmaster free, and anytime I would try to push block or throw, I'd end up being thrown since Task is just a walking throw option select... or a swinging one anyway.

Offline I was able to block the Task high low shit on reaction no problem, but online I'd get opened up low way too much, even though I'd be holding down back.

/salt
i'll play him and get revenge for you! :p chavelo lets play today! you too biza.

zlatko

Banned
i'll play him and get revenge for you! :p chavelo lets play today! you too biza.

I just need a cheaper assist character. Hawkeye assist is good, but I need some sent drones or doom missles myself to open up some space to work with as Nova to intitiate pressure.

I'll prolly just drop Wesker for Doom and leave it at that.

smurfx

get some go again
I just need a cheaper assist character. Hawkeye assist is good, but I need some sent drones or doom missles myself to open up some space to work with as Nova to intitiate pressure.

I'll prolly just drop Wesker for Doom and leave it at that.
what's your live name? i'll play you sometime and use my point haggar.

Just ordered this online. I should be getting ME3 in the mail today but after NCR I just couldn't hold out any longer. I have been a stream monster for almost a year now, but only played a little AE and MK. UMVC3 has always been the most entertaining for me. Can't wait to be freeeeee for forever

Chavelo

I'm down! Your mayor scares me... I need more practice with a good Haggar. I'll jump on later tonight. Last night with this shitty internet connection... Hopefully after tomorrow with the new Comcast (I know, I suck :/) connection, I can finally watch a stream once in a while :)

/salt

You need to hit up one of the gatherings coming up so we can finally get an offline, stick vs stick first to 15 set. 10 dollar money match. Loser buys lunch! LET'S FUCKIN DO TH-

I'm Outlaw Slevin.

I'm convinced I'm fraaaay at this game now that I put it on the back burner after SFxT. :p

Oh...

gifface67-1.gif

I see...

Well, KOF it is, then! :D

zlatko

Banned
KoF it is.

Or be my partner for 2v2 SFxT awwww yeah.

Seriously though, going 3 or 4 wins I got to your 19 or whatever is the defintion of fraaay.

I still havent moved on from UMVC3. Cant get into any other games, but i found that XBL UMVC3 dries up after a certain time, so i'd love to find some more GAF friends i can request to play with. Dorm/task/trish or Nemesis/Arthur/(Insert one from first team)

XBL: vagabond01

I think my copy of the game is trying to forgive me for the shenanigans last night. Not only is everything in working order, but I got a "perfect" (in quotes because my assist got tagged once, but not me) just now against someone using Noel Brown's team, right down to the color choices.

Azure J

I just don't get this game. Why put in so much work and actually see it shining through in glimmers knowing that if you lose that momentum, you can go fucking 27-1 against the most easy mode shit there is? I don't know what it is I'm lacking but goddamnit it'd be nice to see all the work I put in translate into some wins versus more salt, time in the lab and a perpetual state of rage.

Stinger into Million Stab is some real bullshit. How am I falling for it every fucking time? It's like I know what's coming because my competition can't Bold Cancel into anything (literally), but the moment Stinger comes out I am always caught not blocking. What the hell? Blocking is always on my mind but fuck if this game ever calls it right. Team Anime can also suck a dick. On that same note, why the fuck does Vergil get such a fast version of it that he can cancel on hit without bold move? Fucking argggggghhhhhhhhhhh

[/salty as shit and needs better/friendlier competition asap]

And yes I am getting mad over video games. :lol

I just don't get this game. Why put in so much work and actually see it shining through in glimmers knowing that if you lose that momentum, you can go fucking 27-1 against the most easy mode shit there is? I don't know what it is I'm lacking but goddamnit it'd be nice to see all the work I put in translate into some wins versus more salt, time in the lab and a perpetual state of rage.

Stinger into Million Stab is some real bullshit. How am I falling for it every fucking time? It's like I know what's coming because my competition can't Bold Cancel into anything (literally), but the moment Stinger comes out I am always caught not blocking. What the hell? Blocking is always on my mind but fuck if this game ever calls it right. Team Anime can also suck a dick. On that same note, why the fuck does Vergil get such a fast version of it that he can cancel on hit without bold move? Fucking argggggghhhhhhhhhhh

[/salty as shit and needs better/friendlier competition asap]

And yes I am getting mad over video games. :lol
I think it's time you and me play Mahvel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, what's the most efficient method of mashing on a stick? Right now I pretty much just tap L, M and H repeatedly.

Also, what's the most efficient method of mashing on a stick? Right now I pretty much just tap L, M and H repeatedly.

I like this so I don't accidentally get Xfactor, my slides might get sloppy in the heat of the moment so you don't wanna accidentally pop the red champagne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom