• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

K701

Banned
So I got back from a meeting in my base discussing the tournament.

Sounds like they just don't want to put the most minimal effort in running the thing properly.

When I said if someone pauses the game or presses the guide button, the decision should go to the opponent, one guy said they should restart the match. I tried to point out how that just means people will hit it on purpose, and he just said he would be able to tell. Most other people seemed to take my side though.

When arcade sticks came up and I said for them to try to get some loaned from the people living near there, since some people have them for PS3 (they're running on xbox) one girl said they should only use standard controllers and "There's 200 dollars on the line, if you're good, you're good no matter what you're using."

No, I didn't slap her.

One guy there actually ran tournaments (He's the one renting the equipment to the base) and said he could get us 4 CRTs (he's ran fighting game tournaments before and agreed with everything I said thank god)

Same guy as before was blown away by this and said "it's like a different universe"

I said thats really good but since the game is widescreen low lag input monitors should do.

Then I gave them pretty much step by step instructions on a piece of paper and left, since they started discussing other aspects like drinks.

I just hope they follow them. They were actually discussing using vanilla, since they didn't want to buy the new one. I said just ask round and have people loan you the game and let them enter for free as a reward.

Azure J

Man, did I ever tell you guys about my love/hate relationship with this game? One minute I'm ready to think up the most creative way to kill my regular competition, the next I'm getting excited in training mode because "HOLY FUCK I CAN BUKTOOTH LOOP NOW."

By the way, I can Buktooth loop now. =)

rexor0717

Man, did I ever tell you guys about my love/hate relationship with this game? One minute I'm ready to think up the most creative way to kill my regular competition, the next I'm getting excited in training mode because "HOLY FUCK I CAN BUKTOOTH LOOP NOW."

By the way, I can Buktooth loop now. =)

I used to be able to in Vanilla, then in Ultimate something changed. I made my own combo that does just as much, but I've always had trouble doing the bucktooth loops.

Dahbomb

It was on the SRK front page but got taken down due to lack of credible sources.

I read the rumored list of changes for the Capcom side and while there are some decent changes there are some OFF THE WALL BULL SHIT changes I had to turn it off at the first change I read "Akuma's Tatsu changed to hard knockdown" (unless it's point version only). Very likely it's a fake.

Also Akuma health reduced to 725K lol.

UMVC3 Patch: Capcom side

Game -
- Alternate Costume Glitch that would let you use ALT Costume without purchasing them has been fixed.
- Hit Stun Scaling from an Aerial Exchange is now in-tact.

Capcom Side -

Akuma:
- Tatsumaki Zankukyaku now causes hard knockdown.
- Tatsumaki Zankukyaku no longer nullifies projectiles.
- Health decreased to 725,000. Previously, it was 750,000.

Amaterasu:
- Fully Charged j.H no longer forces a Ground Bounce.

C.Viper:
- Seismic Hammer is no longer jump cancelable.

Dante:
- The Hammer no longer has invincibility frames.
- Increased damage scaling on Beehive.
- Special attacks can be canceled into other special attacks without the need of Bold Move.

Felicia:
- Dancing Flash can OTG.

Firebrand:
- Luminous Body now lasts 5 more seconds.
- Chaos Tide now lasts 5 more seconds.

Frank West:
- Object Throw is now cancelable.

Haggar:
- Additional hits can be added to Wild Swing through rapid joystick rotations.

Hsien-Ko:
- Senpu Bu is now cancelable.
- Henkyo Ki can OTG.
- Air Dash is faster.

Jill:
- Machine Gun Spray now floats higher.

Morrigan:
- Cannot gain Hyper Meter during Astral Vision.

Nemesis:
- Assists α,ß,γ now cause Hard Knockdown. Previously, it was Soft Knockdown.

Phoenix Wright:
- Ace Attorney damage reduced to 500,000. Previously, it was 600,000.
- "M-Maya!?" L now reflects projectiles.
- "Order in the Court!" no longer knocks down Phoenix Wright.
- j.H in Turnabout Mode can OTG.

Ryu:
- Jodan Sokuto Geri now causes Hard Knockdown.

Spencer:
- Increased invincibility frames on Bionic Lancer.

Strider Hiryu:
- Vajra has longer startup.
- Vajra can OTG.

Trish:
- Low Voltage can OTG.
- Stiletto Kick now staggers.

Tron Bonne:
- Added Super Armor to Assist ß (Gustaff Fire).
- Decreased Damage Scaling from Bonne Strike.
- Decreased Damage Scaling from Gustaff Fire.
- j.H causes Hard Knockdown.

- Air Bonne Strike H causes a wall bounce.
- Additional hits can be added to Servbot Takeout through rapid buttons presses.

Vergil:
- Increased Damage Scaling from Spiral Swords.
- Increased Damage Scaling from Lunar Phase.
- Additional hits can be added to Dark Angel through rapid buttons presses.

Viewtiful Joe:
- Decreased Charge Time on Voomerang.
- Red Hot Kick L can OTG.
- Fixed Glitch with Assist γ (Shocking Pink) where you can call it again if the user was blocked.

Wesker:
- Increased startup of Mustang Kick.
- Phantom Dance does not increase speed and damage by removing the glasses. Damage must be taken to recieve the buff.
- Samurai Edge (Lower Shot) cannot be canceled into a Cross-Over Combination.

Zero:
- Sentsuizan M/H cause Ground Bounce.
- Zero Buster charge time decreased.
- Increased Damage Scaling on Raikousen.
- Sougenmu has longer recovery frames.
- Damage of Genmu Zero increased to 400,000. Previously, it was 350,000.

The bold changes are the "LOL" category. Some of them are well within Capcom's grasp to pull. Setzuizan change for Zero would cripple his combo game and is overall a very shitty change..

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If anyone has them can you post them? I want to dream of whatever bat-shit crazy changes they made up.

Akuma hard knockdown Tatsu would be hilarious.

dah ninja edited now I look dumb :(

shaowebb

It was on the SRK front page but got taken down due to lack of credible sources.

I read the rumored list of changes for the Capcom side and while there are some decent changes there are some OFF THE WALL BULL SHIT changes I had to turn it off at the first change I read "Akuma's Tatsu changed to hard knockdown" (unless it's point version only). Very likely it's a fake.

The bold changes are the "LOL" category. Some of them are well within Capcom's grasp to pull. Setzuizan change for Zero would cripple his combo game and is overall a very shitty change..

Anything on Wesker?

NM, but I like the ones they proposed. The crossover combination one would be cool, but mustang kick and buff killer would be better.

Pretty fake looking though IMO. After all, since when does Capcom ever have a change log for these things :kappa:

It'd be nice if some of these were true. Still taking it with a lump of salt.
Phoenix Wright:
- Ace Attorney damage reduced to 500,000. Previously, it was 600,000.
- "M-Maya!?" L now reflects projectiles.
- "Order in the Court!" no longer knocks down Phoenix Wright.
- j.H in Turnabout Mode can OTG.
I know I should be happy he's getting buffs at all, but the damage nerf on his Level 3 is totally uncalled for. The other stuff is really really good though.

Frank West:
- Object Throw is now cancelable.
Fuck yeah.

Viewtiful Joe:
- Decreased Charge Time on Voomerang.
- Red Hot Kick L can OTG.
FUCK YEAH.

Dahbomb

There is a 99% chance this is fake.

There is no such thing as move specific damage scaling changes, each character has scaling on their special moves and normal moves distributed equally. So saying crap like "X move has increased scaling" is just dumb and wrong.

That Ryu change is stupid because that move is his wall bounce move. Same thing is listed for that Nemesis ground bounce change... why the hell would these moves need a hard knockdown when they cause a bounce?

Viper change is crippling, no more seismo spam or even self comboability after throws.

Vajra can OTG? Why the hell does Strider even need that?

Decreased charge on Zero's Buster?

Ewjip.gif

I find the increased damage scaling on Beehive particularly hilarious. So it's going to add life to the opponent now?

Wtf is "Mustang Kick"? Command Grab?
Yeah. Actually I shouldn't bold that, it's a decent change depending on how much they are changing it.

Frantic

- Special attacks can be canceled into other special attacks without the need of Bold Move.
What does this even mean? If they're talking about Stinger, it's not a special attack, it's a command normal. There isn't a single special attack you can use Bold Move to cancel it, either. If you're gonna make a fake change list, plz do your research.

Was there a Marvel side change log as well? I believe this is fake, but I'd like to see it anyway.

Dahbomb

What does this even mean? If they're talking about Stinger, it's not a special attack, it's a command normal. There isn't a single special attack you can use Bold Move to cancel it, either. If you're gonna make a fake change list, plz do your research.
Research was not done on it, person who made it doesn't know much about the game and basically just posting stuff that other people are saying. I am pretty sure he just means Stinger doesn't need to be bold cancelled anymore.

Was there a Marvel side change log as well?
There wasn't one or I couldn't fine one. Would love to see the Iron Man changes.

Azure J

I always miss the hilarity in this thread. Holy shit @ Akumacopter causing hard knockdown, Viper losing jump cancels on Seismos (goodbye Marlinpie swag combos), Ammy losing ground bounce on fully charged glaive j.H and Morrigan losing meter building during Astral Vision.

Strider OTG'ing with Vajira H, Zero getting a ground bounce off Sentuizan and decreaced charge time on buster is some fucking hilarious shit. Have fun dealing with him without Morrigan zoning.

At the same time, Dancing Flash OTGing, Tron with godlike hard knockdown on H and Dante with normal special canceled Stinger?

Wait pause:

HSIEN. KO. BUFFS? Want so very badly. :lol

It first appeared yesterday on the Morrigan SRK forums iirc. I saw it and it looked like bs after seeing Hsien-Ko buffs lol.

Agreed, but it's always fun for jokes. :D

All I know is I can't wait for my 3k Volcano-Beehive ender. 12k was just too much.

Swag tax. If your combos are visual spectacles, you can't have that kind of damage. :p

- When killed with 5 bars get's resurrected as PTX-140

Congrats, this is one of the first things in months that's gotten a real IRL laugh out of me.

Azure J

I am seriously trying to think of what Morrigan's game would look like if she couldn't build meter during Astral Vision as a bit of a side thought and weirdly enough I'm currently drawing a blank. What say you Marvel GAF?

smurfx

get some go again
I am seriously trying to think of what Morrigan's game would look like if she couldn't build meter during Astral Vision as a bit of a side thought and weirdly enough I'm currently drawing a blank. What say you Marvel GAF?
that is way too much of a nerf. maybe lower the chip and damage while in astral mode but not take away her meter building. if you do nerf her meter building then make her like arthur and increase her xf3 chip damage and damage from her fireballs while in that mode and have her rofl stomp you if she catches you in a block string. they would have to give her such a buff since most would only use her as anchor now after building meter the whole fight.

Grecco

Akumas Tatsu didnt cause a hard knockdown in vanilla?

Anyways changes are lol. Id be all for Spencer getting more buffs tho

shaowebb

Anyways changes are lol. Id be all for Spencer getting more buffs tho

• Wire Grapple now has 5 hits armor and will beat most anything.
  • Now has Projectile in form of Tungsten pistol thats Air OK and doable during swing.
Am I doing this right?

shaowebb

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Koryu Edition

In Koryu edition DP activates at start of round automatically,doesn't lose health, has her even more actions in air than vanilla and has Thor's health. Oh and Wesker Can now take off more than one pair of sunglasses and stack the bonuses.

Also all projectiles are Maximum Kara Throw Ok
Greatest QA compilation vid ever of a pre-alpha fighting game build lol

Oh god I want Koryu edition. It'd be like H&H mode, only everyone's health is quadrupled and meter is gained twice as fast. And you can chain backwards, including launcher. Because fuck it.

• Everyone can dash cancel normals
  • everyone can jump and block cancel dashes
  • everyone can special cancel specials
  • everyone gets x-factor burst
  • x-factor activates sougenmu for all characters
  • x-factor has no time limit, but health drains
  • nobody's health bar is visible
  • knocking out characters resets the clock
  • flight speed is tripled for all characters
  • you automatically face your opponent while jumping
  • refly
  • you can call both assists at the same time

shaowebb

Oh god I want Koryu edition. It'd be like H&H mode, only everyone's health is quadrupled and meter is gained twice as fast. And you can chain backwards, including launcher. Because fuck it.

In Koryu edition Iron Man's launcher is as good as Sentinel's and doubles as an OTG just because :D lol

God's Beard said:
you can call both assists at the same time
Assists have gold armor. Hsien Ko exists in that state plus luminous body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom