• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
you know what if morrigan gets to keep her zoning then taskmaster should get back his old chip damage. how the hell can she keep those zoning tools while task gets his nerfed? task can't even freaking block after shooting in the air and morrigan can shoot two projectiles and be freaking safe. she is the best zoner in the game and she isn't even built as an absolute zoner which drives me nuts.

you know what if morrigan gets to keep her zoning then taskmaster should get back his old chip damage. how the hell can she keep those zoning tools while task gets his nerfed? task can't even freaking block after shooting in the air and morrigan can shoot two projectiles and be freaking safe. she is the best zoner in the game and she isn't even built as an absolute zoner which drives me nuts.

She's a Succubus rules don't apply! Plus Marvel games are never about being fair.

smurfx

get some go again
Nvm 25 perfects.

Taskmaster is dumb though.
i think morrigan is fine as she is but her zoning is so god damn unbalanced and i like it since i'm in favor of zoning but shit if she can have that then let task have his chip damage back.

edit: ok don't give him his old chip back but give him his arrow damage back though. :p

i think morrigan is fine as she is but her zoning is so god damn unbalanced and i like it since i'm in favor of zoning but shit if she can have that then let task have his chip damage back.

As long as we're wishing for things that are never going to happen, I want Joe's beta-version OTG Red Hot Kick back.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I hope they make Thor shitty. Well shitty-er.

What was that thing at NCR where Seth claimed he had some crazy Thor tech or something like that?

DR2K

Banned

Poor irrelevant Taskmaster. If he's a better zoner, then they should lower his close range damage output.

In retrospect She-Hulk really needed that air dash.

smurfx

get some go again
Poor irrelevant Taskmaster. If he's a better zoner, then they should lower his close range damage output.

In retrospect She-Hulk really needed that air dash.
taskmaster got a bunch of nerfs in ultimate while characters like wesker got buffs. although i do agree with she hulk got way too many nerfs. her slide should have been the only thing they nerfed.

Tobe

taskmaster got a bunch of nerfs in ultimate while characters like wesker got buffs. although i do agree with she hulk got way too many nerfs. her slide should have been the only thing they nerfed.

your team basically got buffed all across the board, task is still a beast dude.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Task is better in Ultimate than he was in Vanilla.
Zoning is the only thing Morrigan has proven to be good at.
Quit whining noob. :p

smurfx

get some go again
your team basically got buffed all across the board, task is still a beast dude.
yeah i know but i'm a greedy bastard. :p you know the only thing i really want is hawkeyes H upwards arrows being able to reach air dashing characters like doom up in the corner.

zlatko

Banned
Sorry I couldn't play Smurf. I only get a limited amount of time in the nights with my job to play. I put in some time to Tekken 6, then did SFxT, and boom my game time was donezo.

If you are on earlier tomorrow I'll put in Mahvel to get blown up fraaaay.

Azure J

I think it's time you and me play Mahvel.

I owe you and Enzo some matches. I just wish if I weren't a total poverty monster right now. Hilariously enough, I don't get why of all the people in the world, it's always family that makes me rage in video games (or things in general, but I digress). :p

Edit: I just realized, I'm probably a sellout to you, I play teleporters with swords and dabble in some Swagnus. Darkstalkers still have a spot on my main teams though. <3

*Is regularly tempted to play Hsien Ko somehow just because of her godlike black/blue color*

Edit 2: Oh God, I miss catch the Break streams regularly. BasicSausage with the Dark Phoenix Wright comeback was so funny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just PERFECTed someone online. Why the fuck can we not save replays?
SONY_logo.jpg

Also, just tuning into Break now.

EDIT:
<3 Iron Man Combos, they look so swag.

The hell is MH? Monster Hunter RayRay?

EDIT2: I WAS RIGHT, BLACK UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE :lol

EDIT3: "That's right Norcal, East Coast was dropping combos before you guys so hold that shit." The Break <3

GGs in Ranked tonight smurf. I gotta keep remembering how cheap Spider Sting is and put it to more use against your wall.

Hagneto has been a thorn in my side recently >_>

its impossible to throw spiderman.

Definitely, he's a slippery mfer. Unless I'm getting zoned or I've somehow started blocking a lockdown assist, it's pretty much my fault for pressing too many buttons every time I get clipped. Dude shouldn't really get hit at all and should die 9 times out of 10 to attrition.

JeTmAn81

Actually played a bit of Live ranked myself tonight, just swimming with the minnows for now since im still a 9th Lord. I feel like I got some better experience against Haggar tonight. My team, if played with proper spacing, really should have no problem with him. Im starting to get a better feel for how to play against problem characters like those with armor or slippery teleports. Also, leading Dante instead of Wesker against characters with air superiority like Doom or Zero does a world of good.

I also saw somebody playing my exact team, assists and everything (Wesker/Dante/Strider) on some SoCal stream today. His name was XB. I was able to x-copy some pretty cool Strider mixups from him that I hadn't thought of.

smurfx

get some go again
Actually played a bit of Live ranked myself tonight, just swimming with the minnows for now since im still a 9th Lord. I feel like I got some better experience against Haggar tonight. My team, if played with proper spacing, really should have no problem with him. Im starting to get a better feel for how to play against problem characters like those with armor or slippery teleports. Also, leading Dante instead of Wesker against characters with air superiority like Doom or Zero does a world of good.

I also saw somebody playing my exact team, assists and everything (Wesker/Dante/Strider) on some SoCal stream today. His name was XB. I was able to x-copy some pretty cool Strider mixups from him that I hadn't thought of.
i actually do really well against the people in your team. in fact i always tag in haggar when i have to fight wesker since that is a good match up for him. dante is too and lariat really screws with strider.

Definitely, he's a slippery mfer. Unless I'm getting zoned or I've somehow started blocking a lockdown assist, it's pretty much my fault for pressing too many buttons every time I get clipped. Dude shouldn't really get hit at all and should die 9 times out of 10 to attrition.
i gotta start attacking you more because you keep destroying me in the corner. although its even hard to attack you since freaking spiderman can zip all over the screen and just run away.

JeTmAn81

i actually do really well against the people in your team. in fact i always tag in haggar when i have to fight wesker since that is a good match up for him. dante is too and lariat really screws with strider.

i gotta start attacking you more because you keep destroying me in the corner. although its even hard to attack you since freaking spiderman can zip all over the screen and just run away.
Well, I was using a runaway strategy, just zoning with Wesker's gun and not calling Strider, remembering how much you blew him up with lariat. If Haggar stays grounded, I gunshot him and call Weasel Shot. If he happens to get close, I teleport past him. If he takes to the air, Vajra is safer and I can go for crossunders into hard knockdown. With Dante I just spam projectiles. Acid Gain really messes with all Haggar approaches. Skill levels vary, but I think my characters played optimally should not have a problem unless Haggar has a lockdown assist.

Hey PSN-side, got a warning for you. If you see a player by the name of Epic-x_ShakyLa_x, then don't play them. The person is a ragequitter with a very suspect record. I almost beat the cowardly son of a bitch, but...well, he ragequit.

I feel like I'm on crack trying to play Sentinel with Log Trap assist. So many buttons. Fly, A1, H flight cancel M double jump H, wavedash, flight. I need adderall or some shit. It's like doing the Morrigan crap, but you're constantly shitting yourself making sure you don't get hit.

Hey PSN-side, got a warning for you. If you see a player by the name of Epic-x_ShakyLa_x, then don't play them. The person is a ragequitter with a very suspect record. I almost beat the cowardly son of a bitch, but...well, he ragequit.

Sounds like this player on XBL named SkilzxDatxKilz.

Has a record of something like 1785 wins, 10 losses, and a big ol' fat skull on his License Card.

If he beats you, he'll troll and taunt and follow you from lobby to lobby.

If you win.....well, you won't, because he'll quit. Then he'll rejoin your lobby.

Over and over again.

Zissou

I don't get why Chris G has akuma on his morrigan team. It seems like he'd be better/more consistent if he played somebody with higher health in the first slot and ran like task/morrigan/doom or something.

I don't get why Chris G has akuma on his morrigan team. It seems like he'd be better/more consistent if he played somebody with higher health in the first slot and ran like task/morrigan/doom or something.

It used to be for Tatsu assist, but then he started putting Akuma on point so now I don't know what he's doing.

Tobe

tatsu is a great offensive assist, but also a good ish get off me assist, which helps morrigan get some space and start the sou sou sou sou.

Bizazedo

yeah ggs and what was that about your cat attacking you?

We got a kitten recently and I didn't notice he had snuck into my room. The last two or three games of the first set, I noticed because he was crying and sniffing around me wanting attention. The last game mid-combo he started climbing up my leg utilizing his claws ;).

So I took a break and grabbed some food before we went on our next set of 38 games.

I looooooooove long sets. F first to 10, I want zee match xp!

rexor0717

While his damage was nerfed, sting master kinda makes up for it in my mind. Its excellent to close off block strings, and when it hits, it's a free combo. Plus I couldn't do my infinite without it. Also the cancelable spidey swing is a huge tool for getting in.

JeTmAn81

Taskmaster got buffed overall (Sting Master, Swing cancel). Smurfx just wants all his favorites pumped up and the ones who annoy him swatted with the nerf bat.

mr. puppy

Banned
Shadowloo Kuwait Qualifier UMvC3 Grand Finals has been uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pZd9QgTrflw

So did we improve from last year? :p

Also you can see the archived stream on http://www.twitch.tv/fikrakw/videos

wow that guy's vergil/dante shit is actually pretty awesome.

If I wanted to make a team with vergil/dante that wasn't awful (please don't tell me Wesker), what should I do? Maybe a beam? Maybe Dark Vergil and something like Dante/Ammy/Vergil?

oooh ooh maybe Dante/Strange/Vergil?

Grecco

If I wanted to make a team with vergil/dante that wasn't awful (please don't tell me Wesker), what should I do? Maybe a beam? Maybe Dark Vergil and something like Dante/Ammy/Vergil?

Dante/Vergil/Taskmaster

Naar

Mysterious is one of the best, if not the best Marvel player in the Middle East. He will be representing Kuwait in Shadowloo this year. He has other videos on the youtube channel.

I am really impressed with his Vergil. He just destroys people with him

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Funny thing is, Beef, dude's on the top of the SFxT leaderboards from doing the same shit over there, too.

smurfx

get some go again
Taskmaster got buffed overall (Sting Master, Swing cancel). Smurfx just wants all his favorites pumped up and the ones who annoy him swatted with the nerf bat.
i never said i wanted characters nerfed. i just want my characters getting more broken shit if other characters are going to get broken shit. :p

At least the game tracks Perfects now. Last I checked I gots 24 (across 2 accounts)
Still can't understand how that didn't make it into Vanilla...
Not even lol...

Also, how is she not built as a zoner? If you take away her unique air dashes she can't rushdown at all. Hell, if she has no meter she is assed out without the best assists in the game.
I owe you and Enzo some matches. I just wish if I weren't a total poverty monster right now. Hilariously enough, I don't get why of all the people in the world, it's always family that makes me rage in video games (or things in general, but I digress). :p

Edit: I just realized, I'm probably a sellout to you, I play teleporters with swords and dabble in some Swagnus. Darkstalkers still have a spot on my main teams though. <3

*Is regularly tempted to play Hsien Ko somehow just because of her godlike black/blue color*
Don't worry about it. I don't take the game seriously enough to consider anyone fraud. Anyone who plays Hsien-Ko at this point is either a hardcore fan, a straight masochist or someone who still has fun while getting their ass whooped.
tatsu is a great offensive assist, but also a good ish get off me assist, which helps morrigan get some space and start the sou sou sou sou.
Still doesn't explain why Chris G is putting him on point. I'd understand it if he spammed her assist and chipped his opponents down using Akuma's safe/super fast hypers, but he doesn't even do that.
We got a kitten recently and I didn't notice he had snuck into my room. The last two or three games of the first set, I noticed because he was crying and sniffing around me wanting attention. The last game mid-combo he started climbing up my leg utilizing his claws ;).

So I took a break and grabbed some food before we went on our next set of 38 games.

I looooooooove long sets. F first to 10, I want zee match xp!
Awwww...

:3
Exactly what I'm reading too.
i never said i wanted characters nerfed. i just want my characters getting more broken shit if other characters are going to get broken shit. :p
Your definition of "broken" is slightly off.

Azure J

So guys, did anyone else know that if you block an H-S chain against a Vergil in Devil Trigger they build meter?

WHAT. THE. FUCK. >[

Edit: False alarm. I swear I thought I was being glitched or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom