• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
1 frame start up on dormammus pillars and no recovery and make his hit boxes bigger.

edit: ugh i'd just like to say how much i freaking hate trish and doom being able to stay up in the in the air and evade all projectiles and chip you with their own. don't know why hawkeye of all people can't reach them with his stupid arrows. his H arrows should be able to reach but no. if capcom was afraid of it being too powerful then they should of giving him an option to charge the upwards arrow similar to his regular H arrow and have it go further. that way it has a longer start up and he can't just spam it.

smurfx

get some go again
haggar throwing his pipe never made sense since he could not do that in final fight. haggar picking up a knife from the ground and then being able to throw it would make more sense. as long as we are posting wack wish lists then i would give haggar a captain america type roll and an anti air hyper like she hulk. give that to haggar plus the knife projectile and he is A+ tier.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
edit: ugh i'd just like to say how much i freaking hate trish and doom being able to stay up in the in the air and evade all projectiles and chip you with their own. don't know why hawkeye of all people can't reach them with his stupid arrows. his H arrows should be able to reach but no. if capcom was afraid of it being too powerful then they should of giving him an option to charge the upwards arrow similar to his regular H arrow and have it go further. that way it has a longer start up and he can't just spam it.
Hawkeye's s.H and SRK specials will clip anyone who hangs out at super-jump height. They can't get out of range unless they go into flight mode, and if they're doing that then they're not going to be spending a lot of time throwing out any attacks.

Those are literally two of Hawkeye's easiest match-ups in the game, imo.

smurfx

get some go again
Hawkeye's s.H and SRK specials will clip anyone who hangs out at super-jump height. They can't get out of range unless they go into flight mode, and if they're doing that then they're not going to be spending a lot of time throwing out any attacks.

Those are literally two of Hawkeye's easiest match-ups in the game, imo.
yeah i meant flight mode. super jump is easy for hawkeye. the most annoying one is doom though as his finger projectiles stop you from being able to do much. hey do you have any tips on how to get the otg with task using his spidy swing cancel into downwards arrow with hawkeyes assist in the corner? i can get them to connect but the character ends up on the other side when i'm done and i can't connect sting master to add more damage. i've seen honzo gonzo do it but i can't do it at all.btw i'm talking about after a combo since the timing is really strict.

edit: watching the break stream and i'm glad to see basicsausage there. hopefully he shows up more often. watching phoenix wright destroy teams is too good.

Tobe

you guys have gone mad, you forgot the best character for koryu.
Dr. Strange

8 way airdash
refly
+frames on all his normals on block
Magneto like Hitboxes on his normals
Bolts can be done in the air startup is 5 frames, first beam causes stagger and can be special canceled, second beam causes soft knockdown also special cancelable.
glyphs have hitboxes once placed you cannot touch them, upon contact they explode causing soft knockdown for yellow glyph and hard for the red one.
Dagger have better startup and track correctly, increased durability.
spell of vishanti stays the same
lvl 3, more invulnerability frames, can be done in the air.

Azure J

UMvC3 Koryu edition? Shit just got Smash Bros.

- All supers can be canceled into a snap back
- Motion seconded on reverse chaining

Hsien-Ko

- Increased momentum off of her air actions and ground dashes
- Cancellable pendulum with S
- Cr. H and Anki Hou H (and S, read below) OTG
- Gains S commands; S pendulum has her make a full circle/360 degree loop, S Anki Hou throws a full sized stone statue of one of the Darkstalkers not in Marvel that hits high for a ground bounce & Hard Knockdown (holding S changes the arc); S Gong puts out an Aegis Reflector/Ammy Reflector like that travels forward slowly for 5 seconds before fading, can have two on screen at a time, becomes an assist; S Houten Geki command grab snatches people from her weapon arm's max distance, 1 frame startup similar to Mustang Kick.
- Gold Mode also increases speed (Shoutouts to Vampire Saviour)
- When in Gold Mode, all her assists become their S version variants

Felicia

- Rolling Buckler doesn't bounce off opponents on hit; cancellable with S into a psuedo command grab at close range
- Kitty Helper summons 3 Helpers, one that always hits high, one that always hits low and a burly one that smacks people for wall, ground and ceiling bounces. Each one is controlled depending on the button pressed from L to H.
- New Ability: Scaredy Cat - Down Down S; Felicia jumps like a frightened feline and clings to the ceiling, can move left or right moderately for 3 seconds before falling off. Can call assists during this.
- New Ability: Nine Lives: Can use Kitty Helpers like Pikmin and sacrifice them to negate damage on certain attacks. QCB + S, can use all 3 on one move or negate partial damage/knockback with one or two.

Morrigan

- Loses meter building in AV mode, but...
- All fireballs steal meter (in smaller increments than Soul Drain), Vector Drain steals red health depending on amount of time stuck in animation (L - lowest - H most)
- H & f.H OTG
- Reduced damage scaling
- Can parabolic air dash cancel air normals; parabolic dash more controllable like Vampire Saviour
- Darkness Illusion becomes a Level 1 hyper replacing Finishing Shower & can OTG, Shadow Servant has Magnetic Shockwave startup and speed (also becomes the defacto Crossover Combo for her), Level 3 becomes that SexyGokuSatsu from Marvel 1 in its stead, can be mashed for higher damage.
- Cosmetic change: Mirror super has Lillith come out on other side.

Dante (awesomesmiley.gif)

- Gets Spiral moves mapped to S when not in Devil Trigger
- Second power up in Down Down + 2Atk that gives him full access to Quicksilver and Doppelganger styles depending on buttons pressed
- Taunts build meter; more meter gained if taunt caps a long combo series or character KO
- Acid Rain OTGs

Vergil

- Sword forms take no extra meter
- Devil Trigger turns him into Nelo Angelo when he uses it with 5 meters on deck (basically Dark Phoenix without the dying-reborn part)
- Judgement Cut OTGs

Zero

- Gains Double Jump (he's had this in like every game he's in and they don't give it to him in Marvel, meanwhile I've never played a MMX game where Hienkyaku gives him such awesome mobility, lightning acts that way, or has a full powered buster like in current Mahvel)
- Gains new items: Rods all mapped to S. DP + S gives Recoil Rod that act like bladed tonfas Killerbee style. Adding an extra S charges it for a wall bouncing Armor Piercer like move. QCF + S gives. QCB + S gives Shield Boomerang that reflects projectiles. Adding an extra S tosses it forward and has it act like Cap's shield.
- Sougenmu becomes a Down Down 2ATK hyper; new hyper "Multishot" takes its place. Zero fires two fast buster shots then a slashing projectile full screen. (Can also be replaced with Ranbu - Wild Dance; Zero short hops forward and any opponent caught in the space between the hop and its destination is subject to Omega Zero's sword combination, MUGEN style.)

God I can do this all day. :lol

Bizazedo

I swear they slightly increased charge time on Buster from Vanilla to Ultimate for Zero.

It might be a similar case of "Journeyman Boots feel slower.." from EQ for those who get the reference, though.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

- Second power up in Down Down + 2Atk that gives him full access to Quicksilver and Doppelganger styles depending on buttons pressed
- Taunts build meter; more meter gained if taunt caps a long combo series or character KO
- Acid Rain OTGs

Vergil

- Sword forms take no extra meter
- Devil Trigger turns him into Nelo Angelo when he uses it with 5 meters on deck (basically Dark Phoenix without the dying-reborn part)
- Judgement Cut OTGs

I actually wish those were the case. lol. Both should get meter for doing taunts / styling.

Dahbomb

dJtdP.jpg

LOL @ some of these posts about Koryu edition. SRKs causing ceiling bounce HAS to happen.

Fuck yes!

I want Sparda's abilities on Trish too since she carries the Sparda sword. Summon giant dragon, meteor shower, giant full screen normals... the works.

Naar

Much improved from the last time I saw it. Very solid overall play from both players.

Thanks! It's amazing how far the players progressed in less than a year :) I remember last time you said they would get bodied by US players lol. I'm very confident of them now though. Wish I could send them to EVO

Dahbomb

US players have really slacked off recently. There are exceptions of course but the hunger isn't there from the top players. I blame it on SFxTekken.
- Acid Rain OTGs
I think Acid Rain already OTGs.

Naar

US players have really slacked off recently. There are exceptions of course but the hunger isn't there from the top players. I blame it on SFxTekken.

I think Acid Rain already OTGs.

Well that's fine too because we will be doing SFxT soon :)

GooeyHeat

KORYU EDITION:
Iron Fist:
-Advancing guard has no effect against him.
-His rekka specials bring opponents to the ground on hit or block.
-Launcher can hit air opponents, has a hitbox approximately as big as Spirit of the Dragon super.
-Defense chi gives super armor for the duration of the charge.
-Meter chi automatically fills meter slowly in addition to gaining extra from attacks.
-Attack chi also increases speed.

Deadpool:
-Ninja Gift M (grenade) is now a flash-bang that causes stun on hit and hits full screen.
-Due to his regenerative abilities, Deadpool slowly regains lost health throughout the battle.
-Shoryuken launcher has the range of Ryu's H Shoryuken; is completely safe on block.
-DHC glitch property returned to Cutting Time.
-Happy Happy Trigger ends in the opponent spinning into the air like Dante's super, allowing another Happy Happy Trigger to be connected easily.
-Fourth Wall Crisis Level 3 is activated on contact with the opponent and can be comboed into.

shaowebb

KORYU EDITION:
Iron Fist:
-Advancing guard has no effect against him.
-His rekka specials bring opponents to the ground on hit or block.
-Launcher can hit air opponents, has a hitbox approximately as big as Spirit of the Dragon super.
-Defense chi gives super armor for the duration of the charge.
-Meter chi automatically fills meter slowly in addition to gaining extra from attacks.
-Attack chi also increases speed.
-Gains Frank West dive roll ability. Cancelable into and from Rekkas

Touched it up a bit. Nightmare fuel.

Azure J

All this stuff here reminds me of a post I wanted to make about Ibuki after Prof. Beef said she was perfect for Marvel a while back.

Dahbomb

AE pre-2012 patch Yun would've been godly in UMVC3.

*High priority dive kick causes ground bounce on aerial opponents
*Palm has half screen hit box causes wall bounce and deflects projectiles back
*Geneijin works like Sogenmu
*Up Kicks can be cancelled into dive kick plus start up invincible
*Lunge punch has super armor, causes hard knockdown, light version soft knockdown but completely safe
*Overhead is special cancellable
*Shoulder tackle crosses up at close range and by passes projectiles
*1 frame command grab, can get full combo off of it

Probably needs an OTG move and he's basically the new Wolverine.

BHK3

Banned
Some funny stuff here.

Uhh, you get galactus at max rank? Idk what to add but reading all this here is entertaining.

Anth0ny

AE pre-2012 patch Yun would've been godly in UMVC3.

*High priority dive kick causes ground bounce on aerial opponents
*Palm has half screen hit box causes wall bounce and deflects projectiles back
*Geneijin works like Sogenmu
*Up Kicks can be cancelled into dive kick plus start up invincible
*Lunge punch has super armor, causes hard knockdown, light version soft knockdown but completely safe
*Overhead is special cancellable
*Shoulder tackle crosses up at close range and by passes projectiles
*1 frame command grab, can get full combo off of it

Probably needs an OTG move and he's basically the new Wolverine.

Yun was one of my most wanted characters in UMVC simply because you can take him straight out of AE and plop his ass in Marvel. Such a Marvelicious moveset.

Thor
+Mighty Thunder does as much as a level three and has absurd chip
+Thor gains MvC2 Magneto Airdash
+All his standing normals absorbs projectiles
+Command grabs he is invincible during them
+Mighty Spark's hitbox is Thor's body
+Thor has super armor and has an auto command grab counter on Mighty Speech
+When Thor loses half his health, his attack, speed is doubled, gains permanent hyper armor and constant meter charge

She Hulk
+ Has an six way airdash
+ Has a one frame teleport that is a cross up and tracks
+All her normals have super armor
+Command grab H is invincible
+ Her normal taunt counts as a counter as well
+ Has unlimited ground bounces and wall bounces and her j. S causes a ground bounce
+ Runner stance she gains hyper armor
+ Command grab startup is 1 frame and can be cancelled into clothesline

Yeah I think that is good.

I actually wouldn't mind that changelist.

I get Firebrand's level 3 so often that doubling its active time would let me keep it up almost permanently - lol!

Frantic

- Acid Rain OTGs
STEP UP YOUR KORYU GAME, SON.

- Everything OTGs in honor of the fact everything OTGs in DMC3.
- All throws can now be followed up on.
- Million Carats causes a Hard Knockdown and nullifies all projectiles(even high durability projectiles) while active.
- Multi-Lock more DMC3 like where ten projectile can be charged, they fire one after the other rather than all at once, and cause soft knockdown. Dante can do anything while he charges(ala Buster and the like).
- Granted Royal Guard. A timed block parries whatever he's blocking, negating any chip, and building a special bar. Pushing the opposite direction at the right time uses Royal Release, with damage dependent on how much the Royal bar is filled.
- Devil Trigger flight lasts as long as Devil Trigger is active, allows for infinite unfly/refly as well. Devil Trigger also boosts Dante's speed 15%.
- All style cancels(command normals/special attacks) can be done on first frame.
- Weasel Shot now hits low.
- Crazy Dance given special damage scaling of 50% minimum and causes a Hard Knockdown.
- Given a five frame Rising Dragon/Shoryu that has full invulnerability until the last active frame.
- Cold Shower soft-knockdown restored, also special cancelable.
- Hysterics made more like DMC3 with twenty fast moving, tracking projectiles with two low durability points each.
- Tempest > Twister always causes a soft knockdown
- Revolver changed to Revolver Level 2. Faster startup, more active frames, and larger hitbox.
- Jet Stream works on block and ignores pushblock. Can be linked into Fireworks.
- Air Trick usable in the air

Now that is Koryu Dante.

Azure J

- Million Carats causes a Hard Knockdown and nullifies all projectiles(even high durability projectiles) while active.
- Multi-Lock more DMC3 like where ten projectile can be charged, they fire one after the other rather than all at once, and cause soft knockdown. Dante can do anything while he charges(ala Buster and the like).
- Granted Royal Guard. A timed block parries whatever he's blocking, negating any chip, and building a special bar. Pushing the opposite direction at the right time uses Royal Release, with damage dependent on how much the Royal bar is filled.
- Devil Trigger flight lasts as long as Devil Trigger is active, allows for infinite unfly/refly as well. Devil Trigger also boosts Dante's speed 15%.
- All style cancels(command normals/special attacks) can be done on first frame.
- Crazy Dance given special damage scaling of 50% minimum and causes a Hard Knockdown.
- Given a five frame Rising Dragon/Shoryu that has full invulnerability until the last active frame.
- Hysterics made more like DMC3 with twenty fast moving, tracking projectiles with two low durability points each.
- Revolver changed to Revolver Level 2. Faster startup, more active frames, and larger hitbox.
- Jet Stream works on block and ignores pushblock. Can be linked into Fireworks.

Now that is Koryu Dante.

ibeFPn4d1gaQ3d.gif

Mother of God. You know, it's never really emphasized enough in my mind, but the DMC franchise really is about a broken set of characters fucking everything up isn't it? :lol

Cold Shower should also hit low for ultimate trolling.

JeTmAn81

I can't even tell what's been nerfed about the lariat assist. When I play against it, it feels exactly the same. It might be slightly more punishable by beam hypers and such now but more or less it works the same way.

Sigmaah

Imagine if 3X (or whatever expansion name) was real?, 8 new characters would be amazing, I just really want more characters for Mahvel, I dunno why, I just do... :<

Lupinko, please confirm or deny this for me (and everyone else) You have the answer! (you can't always trust what Capcom says!)

AND MAYBE SOME BALANCE SUPPORT WOULD BE NICE CAPCOM

smurfx

get some go again
Says the person with a Hsien-Ko avatar.
if only all of our characters could be as broken as hsien ko.

Viscant should still stick with his EVO team and make it work.
unless he runs a point haggar team it would not really benefit him. haggar also needs a good projectile to let him get in and i doubt he will be risking phoenix too much and i don't think he will be switching out wesker. is viscant still using his zero team? i doubt he makes it to top 32 at evo if he keeps zero.

Dahbomb

Now that is Koryu Dante.

- Added Doppelganger hyper. Works like Sogenmu.
- Added Quicksilver hyper. Works like Veil of Mist.
- Added Real Impact move. Unblockable, does 200K damage for 3 hits and links into Tornado and Hammer.
- Volcano usable from the air.
- New grab move that works on grounded opponents called Free Ride. Leads into a forced wall bounce after finishing.
- All moves that can be cancelled into Fireworks can now also be cancelled into Gunstinger by mashing S instead of the button of the move. Gunstinger does more damage, negates push block and is safe on block. Can go from Fireworks to Gunstinger or Gunstinger to Fireworks.
- Added Crawler move. OTG capable, projective move, full screen hits low.
- Added Sword Pierce move. Causes force wall bounce and unlocks new punch/kick normals for Dante that are faster in start up (gains 4 frame punches).
- Air Play fully charged now adds a barrier around Dante and then self launches after a bit. Barrier protects against all low durability projectiles.
- All aerial attacks of Dante can be jump cancelled.
- Devil Trigger gives hyper armor on all special moves.
- Taunts of Dante now give special bar depending upon the hit counter. 100 hit point combo taunt gives 2 bars.

- Vergil can now rapid fire 3 Judgment Cuts in a row. All are OTG capable.
- Last hit of Lunar Phase is OTG capable and hits overhead.
- Rapid Slash hits OTG.
- Lunar Phase can be cancelled into any teleport.
- All of Vergil's teleports can be done from the air. L Teleport puts him down on the ground and away, H teleport right in front and above and M teleport behind and down opponent.
- Added Parry. Parries all physical moves and leaves opponent in stunned state. Parry is teleport cancellable.
- Added Sword Deflect. Works like Ammy's projectile counter. Can teleport cancel it.
- Can whiff cancel normals into special even when not in DT mode.
- Spiral Swords gain meter when active. Additional sword formations do not cost meter.
- All aerial attacks of Vergil can be jump cancelled.
- Devil Trigger gives hyper armor on all special moves.
- Vergil's taunt can be held to give special bar.

- Using Devil trigger at 5 bar activates permanent Nelo Angelo.
*Nelo Angelo has hyper armor on all special moves and super armor on all normals.
*Judgment Cuts replaced with Meteor fireballs that do insane damage and chip. Also OTG capable.
*Rapid Slash is now a horizontal quick slash (1 hit, crosses up) and can be feinted into 3 follow ups depending upon input. Ups the mix up/cross up game a ton.
*Teleports have 5 frames recovery only.
*Spiral Swords have 3 additional formations. Swarm Swords, Cross Swords and Dark Swords. These are taken from sword formation from DMC1.
*Nelo Angelo has flight mode and can fly/unfly like MVC2 Sentinel.
*All special moves have increased minimum scaling at 0.5 and they all do much more damage. X factor boosts are 200/250/300% damage boosts with 25/35/45% speed boosts.
*New move Magma Drive. Uncharged is a hyper armor launcher move. Fully charged is a hyper armor move that is UNBLOCKABLE.
*New move Kick 13. Negates projectiles, + on block, causes forced wall bounce and can cancel out of special moves into this move.
*1 frame command grab on HCB + H. Choke slams opponent into a full combo.
*All aerial attacks hit high including Helm Breaker.
*All hit boxes on attacks increased greatly with significantly less recovery.

*Nelo Angelo has only 1 hyper aside from the Spiral Swords... Duel of Death.
LVL3 hyper - Disables all partners of the opponent, X factor disabled and point character has to face Nelo Angelo alone with constant Storm Sword pressure. Whoever wins, wins the match.

If Dante and Vergil are the two remaining characters on the team, a THC with both characters will activate the pair exclusive "Son of Sparda Jackpot". Both team up to deliver a single powerful shot from each of the hand gun DMC3 style. Omni-directional, 1 frame, 600K damage off unscaled.

Am I DMC KORYU ENOUGH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom