• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Added Doppelganger hyper. Works like Sogenmu.
- Added Quicksilver hyper. Works like Veil of Mist.
- Added Real Impact move. Unblockable, does 200K damage for 3 hits and links into Tornado and Hammer.
- Volcano usable from the air.
- New grab move that works on grounded opponents called Free Ride. Leads into a forced wall bounce after finishing.
- All moves that can be cancelled into Fireworks can now also be cancelled into Gunstinger by mashing S instead of the button of the move. Gunstinger does more damage, negates push block and is safe on block. Can go from Fireworks to Gunstinger or Gunstinger to Fireworks.
- Added Crawler move. OTG capable, projective move, full screen hits low.
- Added Sword Pierce move. Causes force wall bounce and unlocks new punch/kick normals for Dante that are faster in start up (gains 4 frame punches).
- Air Play fully charged now adds a barrier around Dante and then self launches after a bit. Barrier protects against all low durability projectiles.
- All aerial attacks of Dante can be jump cancelled.
- Devil Trigger gives hyper armor on all special moves.
- Taunts of Dante now give special bar depending upon the hit counter. 100 hit point combo taunt gives 2 bars.

- Vergil can now rapid fire 3 Judgment Cuts in a row. All are OTG capable.
- Last hit of Lunar Phase is OTG capable and hits overhead.
- Rapid Slash hits OTG.
- Lunar Phase can be cancelled into any teleport.
- All of Vergil's teleports can be done from the air. L Teleport puts him down on the ground and away, H teleport right in front and above and M teleport behind and down opponent.
- Added Parry. Parries all physical moves and leaves opponent in stunned state. Parry is teleport cancellable.
- Added Sword Deflect. Works like Ammy's projectile counter. Can teleport cancel it.
- Can whiff cancel normals into special even when not in DT mode.
- Spiral Swords gain meter when active. Additional sword formations do not cost meter.
- All aerial attacks of Vergil can be jump cancelled.
- Vergil's taunt can be held to give special bar.

- Using Devil trigger at 5 bar activates permanent Nelo Angelo.
*Nelo Angelo has hyper armor on all special moves and super armor on all normals.
*Judgment Cuts replaced with Meteor fireballs that do insane damage and chip. Also OTG capable.
*Rapid Slash is now a horizontal quick slash (1 hit, crosses up) and can be feinted into 3 follow ups depending upon input. Ups the mix up/cross up game a ton.
*Teleports have 5 frames recovery only.
*Spiral Swords have 3 additional formations. Swarm Swords, Cross Swords and Dark Swords. These are taken from sword formation from DMC1.
*Nelo Angelo has flight mode and can fly/unfly like MVC2 Sentinel.
*All special moves have increased minimum scaling at 0.5 and they all do much more damage. X factor boosts are 200/250/300% damage boosts with 25/35/45% speed boosts.
*New move Magma Drive. Uncharged is a hyper armor launcher move. Fully charged is a hyper armor move that is UNBLOCKABLE.
*New move Kick 13. Negates projectiles, + on block, causes forced wall bounce and can cancel out of special moves into this move.
*1 frame command grab on HCB + H. Choke slams opponent into a full combo.
*All aerial attacks hit high including Helm Breaker.
*All hit boxes on attacks increased greatly with significantly less recovery.

*Nelo Angelo has only 1 hyper aside from the Spiral Swords... Duel of Death.
LVL3 hyper - Disables all partners of the opponent, X factor disabled and point character has to face Nelo Angelo alone with constant Storm Sword pressure. Whoever wins, wins the match.

If Dante and Vergil are the two remaining characters on the team, a THC with both characters will activate the pair exclusive "Son of Sparda Jackpot". Both team up to deliver a single powerful shot from each of the hand gun DMC3 style. Omni-directional, 1 frame, 600K damage off unscaled.

Am I DMC KORYU ENOUGH?

Frantic

xoYoE.gif

I approve.

If Dante and Vergil are the two remaining characters on the team, a THC with both characters will activate the pair exclusive "Son of Sparda Jackpot". Both team up to deliver a single powerful shot from each of the hand gun DMC3 style. Omni-directional, 1 frame, 600K damage off unscaled.

When Vergil was first announced I was hoping this would be in the game in some form. When dante does his guns hyper if you have vergil and an extra bar on your team he comes in right when dante says jackpot and shoots with him and it adds 100k to the the last shot. Something like that should be in the game.

Solune

STEP UP YOUR KORYU GAME, SON.

- Everything OTGs in honor of the fact everything OTGs in DMC3.
- All throws can now be followed up on.
- Million Carats causes a Hard Knockdown and nullifies all projectiles(even high durability projectiles) while active.
- Multi-Lock more DMC3 like where ten projectile can be charged, they fire one after the other rather than all at once, and cause soft knockdown. Dante can do anything while he charges(ala Buster and the like).
- Granted Royal Guard. A timed block parries whatever he's blocking, negating any chip, and building a special bar. Pushing the opposite direction at the right time uses Royal Release, with damage dependent on how much the Royal bar is filled.
- Devil Trigger flight lasts as long as Devil Trigger is active, allows for infinite unfly/refly as well. Devil Trigger also boosts Dante's speed 15%.
- All style cancels(command normals/special attacks) can be done on first frame.
- Weasel Shot now hits low.
- Crazy Dance given special damage scaling of 50% minimum and causes a Hard Knockdown.
- Given a five frame Rising Dragon/Shoryu that has full invulnerability until the last active frame.
- Cold Shower soft-knockdown restored, also special cancelable.
- Hysterics made more like DMC3 with twenty fast moving, tracking projectiles with two low durability points each.
- Tempest > Twister always causes a soft knockdown
- Revolver changed to Revolver Level 2. Faster startup, more active frames, and larger hitbox.
- Jet Stream works on block and ignores pushblock. Can be linked into Fireworks.
- Air Trick usable in the air

Now that is Koryu Dante.

- Added Doppelganger hyper. Works like Sogenmu. Astral Vision version too!
- Added Quicksilver hyper. Works like Veil of Mist. Turns the screen grey!
- Added Real Impact move. Unblockable, does 200K damage for 3 hits and links into Tornado and Hammer.
- Volcano usable from the air.
- New grab move that works on grounded opponents called Free Ride. Leads into a forced wall bounce after finishing.
- All moves that can be cancelled into Fireworks can now also be cancelled into Gunstinger by mashing S instead of the button of the move. Gunstinger does more damage, negates push block and is safe on block. Can go from Fireworks to Gunstinger or Gunstinger to Fireworks.
- Added Crawler move. OTG capable, projective move, full screen hits low.
- Added Sword Pierce move. Causes force wall bounce and unlocks new punch/kick normals for Dante that are faster in start up (gains 4 frame punches).
- Air Play fully charged now adds a barrier around Dante and then self launches after a bit. Barrier protects against all low durability projectiles.
- All aerial attacks of Dante can be jump cancelled.
- Taunts of Dante now give special bar depending upon the hit counter. 100 hit point combo taunt gives 2 bars.

- Dante can perform DTE, takes up remaining meter, Works like Dormammu's 0C3D, Completely invincible during active frames.
- Dante can perform Trick Shot
- Dante can Wall Jump
- Dante can Run up the wall when back is to corner
- Dante can hold Million Carats to perform Ice Age

Dahbomb

Aw shit forgot about DTE and Ice Age.

DTE is broken even by DMC standards.

I am so hyped for Curley Mustache #3. I am hoping we get to see MarlinPie's 300% combo with Doom. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's easier to just pretend she isn't there. The game looks pretty damn good otherwise. Also, Phoenix was supposed to be bad from the start. No way we'd see him at EVO's main stage lol.
Serious question: Do you just dislike the fact that she sucks or dislike the way she plays/is integrated into MvC? Or a bit of both?

I will answer that as well. BOTH. She plays nothing like VS Hsien Ko and got nerfed for no reason. There are several ways to make her much more viable and they won't do it.

Serious question: Do you just dislike the fact that she sucks or dislike the way she plays/is integrated into MvC? Or a bit of both?
Looking at everything as it is today? I would have taken Talbain, Zabel or even Jedah over her. I need that third slot and Hsien just doesn't do what I want her to do. Doom just feels kinda awkward. I do feel like a champ if I manage to pull off a midscreen combo with him though. :p

You willing to play some games right now? I'm a bit bummed after getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter in BB. I hate all of those fat animu pillow hugging bastards. D':

Edit: Wrote some stuff up, but it just doesn't matter. I honestly typed up the earlier post without any salt, but trying to answer this question now is just gonna make me all sour lol. Did you watch the footage I gave you a while back?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
One more thing for Dante and Vergil:

-Input the command for Devil Trigger and hold attack; they'll start glowing. Release the button when an opponent not blocking for a DT Flux. Does gdlk damage and is full screen.

DR2K

Banned
Gold Pendulum beats everything and covers a lot of space. The problem is that you have to use Hsienko and find a way to retain as much health as possible before you get gold and tag out. When used properly is just shuts down a lot of options.

Which is why its not the best assist. You have to use Hsien Ko beforehand to DHC out of it.

Why should I use that when for zoning I could use Doom with missiles and a GTFO me assist such as Hulk's AA.

Or use Akuma/Drones/beam/arrows/whatever else for rushdown.

Just use this char who is bottom two or use a char who is great on point as well. And if say Frank, damn, shit just got real if point character is Dante or Nova. Insta level 4 Frank, why yes.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nova/Frank is instant level 5. Snapshot, nova groundbounce assist, snapshot.

Yeah Hsien-ko's assist is good, but then you have to pick Hsien-ko. No one should be doing that.

DR2K

Banned
Like I said its drawback is that you have to use Hsienko. but if we can see Viewtiful Joe and Rocket Raccoon winning majors, then maybe Pendulum is just waiting for the right player to show its potential.

Chavelo

DR2K, do you even marvel, bro? Come at me online and show me your GDLK skittles before I put your ass on ignore.

/avatar flex

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looking at everything as it is today? I would have taken Talbain, Zabel or even Jedah over her. I need that third slot and Hsien just doesn't do what I want her to do. Doom just feels kinda awkward. I do feel like a champ if I manage to pull off a midscreen combo with him though. :p

You willing to play some games right now? I'm a bit bummed after getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter in BB. I hate all of those fat animu pillow hugging bastards. D':

Edit: Wrote some stuff up, but it just doesn't matter. I honestly typed up the earlier post without any salt, but trying to answer this question now is just gonna make me all sour lol. Did you watch the footage I gave you a while back?
Sorry, I would be up for some games if I wasn't swamped in schoolwork with finals and stuff. Maybe this weekend though if I catch you (or any other GAFer) on.

I did watch part of the footage you sent me, but I wanted to digest it all first before I got back to you. Plus, I don't really have a good grip on how DS/VSs' game mechanics work, and was thinking of sending you another PM to get you to either detail them or direct me to some place where I could read up on what they are so I could better appreciate and understand what I am watching.

There was an article posted somewhere in another FGC thread about DS/VS animation that really got me intrigued to get back to that footage once I got time again.

I think the world is just waiting for Hsien-ko/Dr.Strange/Dr. Doom. Such a good team combination just waiting for someone to fall in love with its synergy.

Anyway, what do you guys think about Sakurai's take on fighting game combos:
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/kidicarus/0/1

Is it better for a game to have long, complex combos, or is that deleterious to the game?

I think combos are a vital part of a fighting game but should not be the sole focus.

Also, bad Karst. Not supposed to know Strange. You hate him afterall being Dorm incarnated.

JeTmAn81

Went on a 12-win streak and ranked up twice on Live tonight. That felt pretty good. Granted, it's still matching me against all the low level guys. My goal is just to get up to a higher rank so I can play the higher ranked players and get experience against tougher opponents. One thing, though. Does it always show when you get a perfect? In a couple of matches I could swear I didn't get hit, and couldn't see any loss on any of my health gauges, but it didn't show that it was a perfect.

Toski

Why do I have a feeling one of the UFGT mystery games is going to be Marvel Superheroes? You can't create Infinity Gauntlets and not have that as a side tourney.

Dahbomb

Hsien Ko's assist is technically the best assist in the game because it's the only one that cannot be interrupted. The problem with it is that you need meter to use it and meter in Ultimate is harder to come by. To ensure you safely set up Hsien Ko you will probably need 2 bars or take a risk with 1 bar, which might come to bite you in the ass.

There is enough of a trade off to just getting the assist but the real blow is that it's attached to Hsien Ko. Plus with the way the meta game is shifting, a lot of teams just don't care about Hsien Ko assist with stuff like Morrigan + Doom, Zero + Dante and Hawkeye teams running around.

In other more important news, the DMC HD collection has made a startling discovery in the canon of DMC (this relates to UMVC3 just bare with me). There is some artwork in the collection pertaining to Dante and Vergil where they are seen as infants lying beneath an umbrella (like the RE Umbrella).

Now we all know that DMC1 started off as a prototype RE4. However, this new image sheds new light to the origin of the twins. Umbrella -> Resident Evil -> Wesker.

Yes that's right... Dante and Vergil are of Wesker progeny which makes Wesker the mythical Sparda that demons cower at his name and some humans worship him as a god. Dante and Vergil are sons of Wesker... SUDDENLY IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!

The demon eyes, the hair style, the trenchcoat, the purple colored attacks (Sparda is always associated with purple color as red + blue of the twins), the bad assery, becoming a "god"... IT ALL FITS!!! The trifecta is complete...

Wesker being top tier in UMVC3 is inline with every DMC character being good. Wesker will now officially be referred to as a DMC character and the best one since he is Sparda hence making his status in the game "canon". He is truly a GOD.

mind-blown.gif

Wesker: "They said I could be anything I wanted... so I became a Sparda!"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That's really interesting. They really should have made a zombie side game with them killing Tyrants and such.

edit: I can't imagine how Chris and company would have taken down, "The Sons of Wesker."

mr. puppy

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse/b/313248554

Some good ass Marvel play in here. Features Zak Bennet Firebrand ownage (along with EPIC Gargoyle's theme sung by commentator at around 2:55:00). Also features a MODOK player apparently.

you should take a look at that modok/iron man/sentinel team at 1:48. Man, Modok's beam super is awful. Like no damage and can't even combo into IM's from full screen. Theres a lot of fucking sweet repulsor alpha counters, though the guy has trouble getting damage out of IM in general which isn't surprising.

glad to see zak bennett OCVing with firebrand finally. he's also started using the wall grab a lot. he's gotta learn how to rushdown with dorm though. if haggar can get through dorms zoning, you know something is a little goofy with your play.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
you should take a look at that modok/iron man/sentinel team at 1:48. Man, Modok's beam super is awful. Like no damage and can't even combo into IM's from full screen. Theres a lot of fucking sweet repulsor alpha counters, though the guy has trouble getting damage out of IM in general which isn't surprising.

glad to see zak bennett OCVing with firebrand finally. he's also started using the wall grab a lot. he's gotta learn how to rushdown with dorm though. if haggar can get through dorms zoning, you know something is a little goofy with your play.
Any timestamps on good play?

EDIT: Yo this stream is mad hype. Firebrands, MODOKs, Phoenix Wrights, Iron Mans with walk up repulsar blast, goddamn.

LordAlu

Any timestamps on good play?

EDIT: Yo this stream is mad hype. Firebrands, MODOKs, Phoenix Wrights, Iron Mans with walk up repulsar blast, goddamn.
Winner Stays On is always good man, I pimp it out here every Thursday coz it's actually on at a time I can watch! :D
Modok combo into LVL3 Pheonix Wright for the K.O!

DR2K

Banned
Hsienko assist just does not give a fuck about a Hagger. He literally loses every single option against her.

Hsienko gold exchange is so cheap, she's at advantage when countered, so you either take a loss/gain in meter or health. There's technology there that people aren't fully utilizing.

She also has a pretty good run away.

Dahbomb

MarlinPie has been using this forever with both Viper and Magneto. He probably has figured it out with Doom as well hence his tweet about the 300% combo with Doom.

Nothing new and this set up requires super precise timing that most people will usually miss.

This works with Respulsor Blast assist too.

Theres a lot of fucking sweet repulsor alpha counters, though the guy has trouble getting damage out of IM in general which isn't surprising.
Repulsor's CC is not invincible (would be amazing if it was) and getting damage out of IM isn't difficult it's getting the first hit and then hit confirming that hit when you finally get it.

Roster for Curley Mustache:

Main Events:

* New York vs Maryland

* Dj Houshen Vs SmoothViper

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE INVITES!!!!:

NYC/NJ:
Chris G
Noel Brown
Ray Ray
SmoothViper
Alukard
Omniscythe
Evil Rashaan
MegamanSteve
Pungza
FooBlat
nerd Josh
jago
NYCFab
Dieminion
Moons
Li joe
TA predator
Winrich
dragongod
Liston
Jason Da Dragon
Bankboyspanks
Mr.quotes
Marlin Pie
XeQushioner
genius
sean aquino
KDZ
BUM
Masta CJ
Mike Infinite
Omen

Upstate New York:polish Mafia
Damus
Ryan Tonner

Philly:
Demon hyo
Felax
Rogue Yoshi
Doc Chaos
10 Stars
Damien
julien Robinson
Josh Wong
Insaynne

Maryland/Virginia:
Unknown
FourthStar
Meep
Dj houshen
Ryry
Steve H
Grimy Grizzly
Master Crash
Boss N
iNerd

Rhode Island/Connecticut:
Essex
J juice
Ill Will

Out of Towners,lol:
RDK
OMG its andre
Smokey

NY vs Maryland is going to be hype. RECOGNIZE the fact that INerd is one of the best Spider Man players on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom