• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Nert

Maybe we should put together a scrubby Captain America team tournament or lobby some time. Let's see who can throw mid-screen Shield Slashes better than anyone else!

Sayah

No problem. I have a list of 4 teams I'm working out, and one of them is going to become my permanent team by the time I'm done (I think):
Morrigan/Doom/Dormammu
Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix
Morrigan/Dr. Strange/Dormammu
Morrigan/Dormammu/Strider

I think I only faced your Dr. Strange team out of those three. And I have to say I liked that team a lot.

FYI, the MvC3 term is "ground bounce". It's just going to be strict timing. You might try varying your timing to this (I don't know if this actually combos).
[blahblah] d.H, s.LMH, call assist, qcf.L

You can also do d.H, j.MMHS with Trish, but it's hard.
Thanks. Probably can't do that, though, especially if it's online.

There's a variant to her dive combo that goes something like this:
[blahblah]d.H, qcb.L, j.H, s.HS, [blahblah]

You might be able to do j.H + assist call, c.H, Round Trip.

I can do that, though. It's relatively easy. Never thought of trying the assist combo with that. Now I got some ideas. haha

Although, I think it's j.M and j.H after the qcb+l and then s.HS

GAF's hate for Nova makes me sad. Nova is the COOLEST EVAR! NOVA 4 LYFE!

Fuck Doom now that character can go die.

I think the hate for vergil is getting stronger than nova, for me at least

Maybe we should put together a scrubby Captain America team tournament or lobby some time. Let's see who can throw mid-screen Shield Slashes better than anyone else!

lmao, i'd be too salty. from the captain america and me crying

TWILT

Banned
Hulk, Zero, Wolverine, Doom and Trish (she's part of the reason I picked up Strider) are probably my most hated characters to fight against. Don't like Nova or Captain Ameriderp either.

Zissou

That's funny- I originally picked up Strider immediately in Ultimate because of how much I hated fighting against Trish in vanilla.

Solune

@Solune:
Why not drop Dante or Strider from your team for Vergil since you love playing him? Vergil/Strider is really goddamn scary, and Rapid Slash would help your Chris keep his distance.

I don't like Chris with Vergil and vice/versa, I feel like their synergy is limited, though I haven't tested their full capacity. That and Chris has no vertical coverage, so Dante fills that gap. I also feel that Vergil / Strider synergy is overrated and limited. Outside of teleport mixups I feel that Vajra isn't really all that special with Vergil. Gram and Ame no Murakumo are also NOT good assists for Vergil because he uses his ground bounces and wall bounces. They are both meter hogs and I don't really feel like having 2 anchors on a team makes a lot of sense.

I like Vergil but I haven't found my perfect combination. Ideally I would play Team Brotherhood but I can't play Magneto at full capacity. Spencer/Vergil/Doom is probably the closest I'll get to having that synergy.

I'm actually very close to Using Vergil/Morrigan/x. I don't feel like using Missiles since I've seen the liability Doom comes with and I don't have the confidence to completely dominate with Morrigan since my execution is no where near Chris G's level.
--
Saltiest characters to lose to

1) Dark Phoenix
2) Taskmaster
3) Fraud Dantes

Seriously fuck Fapmaster.

FSLink

Banned
GAF's hate for Nova makes me sad. Nova is the COOLEST EVAR! NOVA 4 LYFE!

Fuck Doom now that character can go die.

I love using Nova and his lines are awesome. Playing against him can be kind of frustrating though, much like Doom. You know their gameplan but you mess up once and they get away with it.

Kioshen

Do you two mind if I join?
psn: itzknickknac
I have this issue too. I have to come up with variations since mine are simple and easily blockable.

Sounds good. I'll add you two now. My PSN is GatorEsq. I'm on the East coast and can play evenings and weekends usually.

Edit: onem1c, it says your friends list is full.

I'll add you guys too then. I wasn't able to hop on psn yesterday because I couldn't get access to the tv but I can usually play evenings and weekends too.

My PSN/Live is : Kioshen

vg260

I love using Nova and his lines are awesome. Playing against him can be kind of frustrating though, much like Doom. You know their gameplan but you mess up once and they get away with it.

I messed around with him briefly the other day but his move timing is giving me trouble. Do you want to delay the first hit as long as possible after a launcher?

In general, is there any case where you wouldn't want to make the first hit after a launcher as soon as possible to stay more under them? I should know this, but getting OTGs to hit still gives me trouble. Haven't played in months til this week for a few minutes.

LakeEarth

I know I'm now a Nova player, but a boxjump H Nova did used to make me salty. j.H would beat my anti-airs, and any jumping attacks attempted would lead to being air thrown. In the end, I started to jump up earlier and smacking him away with a ranged move (ie. Nemesis air forward tentacle, Spencer wire grapple). Usually doesn't end with a full damage combo but it'll stop the approach.

I love Nova. Team HardKnockdown (Nova/Doom/Strider) is so much fun to play with a ton of synergy. I want to create a Storm & Viewtiful Joe team. Probably put Strange in the 3rd slot but he doesn't feel like a good comeback anchor.

shaowebb

I love Nova. Team HardKnockdown (Nova/Doom/Strider) is so much fun to play with a ton of synergy. I want to create a Storm & Viewtiful Joe team. Probably put Strange in the 3rd slot but he doesn't feel like a good comeback anchor.

MODOK? Not sure how safe id call him on his own, but his Xfactor damage boost is like 185% and hey hard knockdowns and really BS balloon bomb setups. Probably safest to go psionic blaster, but I love it when I see a balloon bomb assist built team. That assist is really irritating when you use it right.

MODOK? Not sure how safe id call him on his own, but his Xfactor damage boost is like 185% and hey hard knockdowns and really BS balloon bomb setups. Probably safest to go psionic blaster, but I love it when I see a balloon bomb assist built team. That assist is really irritating when you use it right.

I thought MODOK was a point character. He is a really cool character, just don't know what his game plan is.

Bizazedo

I am highly amused no one said Wesker in characters they hate. My defense of that character when he was considered #1 is vindicated!

mr. puppy

Banned
Characters I hate playing against:
1. Zero
2. Vergil
3. Super Skrull
4. Wolverine

i'm having a blast watching zero plays run face first into log trap, and i'm not sure what i'm doing correctly but my Firebrand has been beating Zero plays a lot more consistently as of late, partially b/c I am staying above them.

Bizazedo

i'm having a blast watching zero plays run face first into log trap, and i'm not sure what i'm doing correctly but my Firebrand has been beating Zero plays a lot more consistently as of late, partially b/c I am staying above them.

Firebrand is a bitch for Zero to fight if the Firebrand is smart and stays in the air. Zero can do a lightning cancel to try and catch him, but besides that..

In fact, it's the same reason Trish is an issue for him (imo).

Oh he still causes salt at XF3, make no mistake, but somehow I seem to be running into less of them lately. Odd.

People realized he's very good, but not the same level of bullshit as others. It's.."fair".

As far as Marvel goes, anyways.

Nert

Oh he still causes salt at XF3, make no mistake, but somehow I seem to be running into less of them lately. Odd.

The bandwagoners that I come across in ranked matches have generally dropped him for Vergil. There is also a comical amount of people running FChamp's Magneto/Dorm/Doom setup now.

Well I've been figuring out a lot of stuff and Magneto/Dante/X-23 is back in my play cycle.

So I've got:

Strider/X-23/Magneto
Dante/Magneto/X-23
Phoenix/X-23/Magneto

All 3 are characters I like and I've been figuring out more and more how to use X-23 so I feel like I'll be able to use all 3 of these teams without complaint.

onionfrog

I am highly amused no one said Wesker in characters they hate. My defense of that character when he was considered #1 is vindicated!
Hating on wesker is so vanilla/2011!

Characters I hate to play against:
Vergil
Dr. Doom(esp. Hidden Missles)
Phoenix

Oh god I have no idea what I'm doing with Captain America but I feel like I can do what ever the fuck and still win.
You don't need to learn much to play cap. You can get by with ABC Hyper Charging Star

Frantic

Never had an issue with Wesker in Ultimate. I still think he was better in vanilla, even with the glasses buff. Full screen gunshot confirm was bullshit and like 50% of why I lost to him in vanilla. The other 50% was Haggar assist.

Oh god I have no idea what I'm doing with Captain America but I feel like I can do what ever the fuck and still win.
The few times I've picked Cap, I feel like that.

Hell, one time I picked Cap against someone and did better with him than I did with my main team. I was a tad bit salty after that.

Bizazedo

Cap is one of those few characters that forces you to slow down / be slightly more careful when coming at him. Which is rare in this game.

Hence he can wreck people.

An optimized Wesker team will usually kill you because it's going to have Vergil behind him. Wesker/Vergil/Strider is a top team.

With a reset (Varja!!)... Wesker doesn't have much damage output w/o team super.

An optimized wesker combo with disruptor assist and a dhc can do about a million.

Yay and I've seen two people do them. Yipes in training mode and Mine (Tinh Ngo) in actual match. And off a throw or random stray hit? Forget about it!

When Wesker hit me I just laugh because I know I won't die unless he has 3 meters.

An optimized wesker combo with disruptor assist and a dhc can do about a million.

Yay and I've seen two people do them. Yipes in training mode and Mine (Tinh Ngo) in actual match. And off a throw or random stray hit? Forget about it!

Yipes does that combo almost every time he plays his Wesker/Dante/Magneto team in a real match.

He does that combo almost every times yipes plays his Wesker/Dante/Magneto team in a real match.

I don't remember him playing Wesker post EVO but during CEO (June) he was screwing around in casuals with Wesker and he dropped it like 4 times straight. It was the set with Tayson (Tayson's first stream appearance).

Still... that's Wesker with Magnus. Very dependent on the assist. Wesker alone w/o meter just isn't scary what so ever. Even the scariest wesker shit is Wesker/Hagger is basically a built in reset.

I think I'll be adding more characters to the stable. Strange is fun and I can do the FoF loop but I don't like any of the teams that set it up well, lolz. Nova/Spencer/Strange is kinda fun though.

Going to add Taskmaster and Felicia to the equation. See where they fit in. They're just different takes on Hawkeye and X-23 to me anyway. Will mix and match as necessary.

Yay, my lvl 1 X-factor Dirt Nap combo does over 1.1 million damage now, leaving enough x-factor for another dirt nap ^_^

Almost at the 2 bar building goal, but the damage is getting too high...

assuming I only have enough x-factor for the dirt nap, the 2nd combo does the same amount of damage!

1. Infinite
  2. 1.1 million damage
  3. 1.1 million+ damage

boom. Unless you're running a lag armor team, I can win off of any TAC.

Top Bottom