• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Onemic

I must thank you Dahbomb, for making me pick up Vergil again. Maybe it was through me playing as Dante for the last week, but now Vergils Sword loop combo is easy as pie.

I don't know if I want him as my anchor though, simply because I really like Strider, that is unless Strider can be played on point with Dante and Vergil. Currently Im still deciding between Wesker and Strider.

Vice

I must thank you Dahbomb, for making me pick up Vergil again. Maybe it was through me playing as Dante for the last week, but now Vergils Sword loop combo is easy as pie.

I don't know if I want him as my anchor though, simply because I really like Strider, that is unless Strider can be played on point with Dante and Vergil. Currently Im still deciding between Wesker and Strider.

Dante and Vergil get a lot from Vajra assist. Strider can be played on point but he's very terrifying with a lot of meter and XF3. He's a reset monster on point though.

New meterless combo record with Magneto:
805,900 damage

You have my attention, haha. If it crashes the game, I'd never want to do it, but this should be fun.

It's really hard to replicate because of a lot of random factors, but from what I can tell, if you reset a big character out of a capture state at the last hit of the initial pillar of the 2D1C Volcano assist, the game can freeze completely. No PS menu or nothing. It might have to do with the way the meteors hit or it needs to be a long combo, but obviously the game can't deal with whatever's happening.

Onemic

Dante and Vergil get a lot from Vajra assist. Strider can be played on point but he's very terrifying with a lot of meter and XF3. He's a reset monster on point though.

hmmm would an anchor strider with Dante and Vergil be better than Strider on point with Vergil as anchor?

Vice

hmmm would an anchor strider with Dante and Vergil be better than Strider on point with Vergil as anchor?

I think so. Devil May Stride is a top tier team. Dante gets full combos from vajra. Vajra lets Vergil get combos from Helm Breaker and helps him control the air, and area where he's very weak.

Also, XF2 Vergil can still be very scary if you need to pop XF early for some reason. He can easily kill two characters and gain lots of bar for Strider at the same time.

I really hate it when people make a team combo video and show the same/similar long DHC/TAC combo follow-up. Just show me the tech!

Play Dante/Vergil/Strider in that order. Vergil XF2 + DT is still mega beast and with an assist it's just crazy. Dante gets to TOD into Vergil DHC. If the Sons of Sparda fall, you have the other sword + teleport character on anchor to clean shit up.

For the Wesker team you would have to replace Dante with Wesker. Or put Dante in second instead of Vergil. You need that Vajra assist.
I second this motion. I don't think playing Vergil/Dante/Strider is bad though.

Dahbomb

Play Dante/Vergil/Strider in that order. Vergil XF2 + DT is still mega beast and with an assist it's just crazy. Dante gets to TOD into Vergil DHC. If the Sons of Sparda fall, you have the other sword + teleport character on anchor to clean shit up.

For the Wesker team you would have to replace Dante with Wesker. Or put Dante in second instead of Vergil. You need that Vajra assist.

sephi22

They should bring out a 2013 patch for this game and the only change they should make is delete Vergil from this game. Would make the game infinitely better.

Losing my avatar for a month is a small price to pay.

Dahbomb

They should bring out a 2013 patch for this game and the only change they should make is delete Hidden Missiles from this game. Would make the game infinitely better.

Fixed for greater accuracy.

They should bring out a 2013 patch for this game and the only change they should make is delete Vajra, Jam Session, and Hidden Missiles from this game. Would make the game infinitely better.

Fixed for even greater greater accuracy. I want to freely troll from superjump height! :-X

No matter how much I hate a character, more characters in this game > less characters in this game. Buff them up or nerf them down, but keep them around.

Nert

Would I rather see Hidden Missiles or Vergil deleted... hrm...

I guess Vergil is slightly more interesting to watch on streams than zoning + hidden missiles.

onemic: i would go with wesker over dante for the time being, at least until things start to click a bit better for you. with strider as anchor, i think vergil/wesker would be the better team over wesker/vergil.

Dahbomb

Alukard is picking up X-23 for an infinite team. Don't say I didn't warn you guys, the shift is coming.
He won't get a hit in against Hidden Missile teams and will either get his TAC broken or drop the infinite or build the opponent 5 bar giving them better opportunity to come back.

Onemic

onemic: i would go with wesker over dante for the time being, at least until things start to click a bit better for you. with strider as anchor, i think vergil/wesker would be the better team over wesker/vergil.

I would, but I feel like I've gotten to the point of no return with Dante. I can't simply drop him because I've spent so much time trying to level him up.

Dahbomb

There was a day when team trenchcoats was the best team in the game. Wesker was the best character on that team and Vergil was the worst.

Hmm... Wolverine/MODOK/X-23 is a really good team. I've been messing around with composition today again to see what's around and there's some interesting stuff hiding in this game.

sephi22

Hmm... Wolverine/MODOK/X-23 is a really good team. I've been messing around with composition today again to see what's around and there's some interesting stuff hiding in this game.
Really? Sounds pretty bad on paper. MODOK seems to be in an awkward position. What can he possibly get from Wolverine/X23 assists?

BERSERKER CHARGE!

On the topic of Wolverine, he's going to be in the X Men: Days of Future Past movie. Fuck yes, I can look forward to two Wolverine movies in the future.
That's why it's not good! Floating Bomb would likely be better - I bet it combos too, and the pushback on blocking Berserker Charge probably pushes the opponent into the bomb. Just hypothesizing.

And Wolverine is in every movie!

MODOK beam with Wolverine is really good, combos into Berserker slash.

I'm using Balloon Bomb, of course. Best MODOK assist ever.
Really? Sounds pretty bad on paper. MODOK seems to be in an awkward position. What can he possibly get from Wolverine/X23 assists?

Well that's the nature of dirt nap teams, but I have them both set on dp assists so MODOK can just float around in the sky and call them for confirms.

That's why it's not good! Floating Bomb would likely be better - I bet it combos too, and the pushback on blocking Berserker Charge probably pushes the opponent into the bomb. Just hypothesizing.

And Wolverine is in every movie!

Yup, combos, sits out forever, blockstrings, shit is cash. I love that assist. It's one of my 3 favorite along with liberation and slant shot.

sephi22

Well that's the nature of dirt nap teams, but I have them both set on dp assists so MODOK can just float around in the sky and call them for confirms.
Ok. MODOK, to me, is a high maintenance character that requires a whole team to be built around him. But that's not to say he can't do okay on his own.

I think Wolverine/X23/Modok would be better since both rushers can use the bomb assist, but then you have anchor Modok which is just ass.

I think Wolverine/X23/Modok would be better since both rushers can use the bomb assist, but then you have anchor Modok which is just ass.

Nah, X-23 isn't that great with the bomb. Wolvie gets way more use out of it and X-23 is a better anchor. Plus, you can always hold down A1 to start MODOK with my layout for matchups. Kinda ruins the team though lol

sephi22

I'm assuming you've tried MODOK in your Magneto team, since you love Magnus.
In case you have not, know that MODOK lets Magneto get a ToD off his throws with use of just 1 bar.

FSLink

Banned
So what would be a good third character with Viper and Strange? I want to try learning Viper, and she has crumple setups (outside of raw EX Thunder Knuckle) so I can do FoF loops right?
Who should be second? Spencer? Ammy? Vergil? MODOK? Doom?

EDIT: And yes Balloon Bomb assist is amazing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHQgH1ogoY

^ I play against the Spencer + Ironman person a lot locally.

mr. puppy

Banned
alright fuck you firebrand i'm drunk and done with your stupid bullshit you're boring.

haggar/rocket/dante all have military fatigue lets finally do some fucking damage for once.

Not sure if serious. There's a very active thread on SRK dedicated for potential patch mostly because everyone there was tired of hearing about patch wishlists.

Nobody intelligent post in the Marvel section of SRK. SRK Marvel section is like a running joke for the rest of SRK.

Dahbomb

Nobody intelligent post in the Marvel section of SRK. SRK Marvel section is like a running joke for the rest of SRK.
There are intelligent posters but they only post in the Theory tier list discussion thread. Every other Marvel thread except the character threads are lol worthy.

Sorry DP.

onionfrog

Ono might release yet another AE patch. God damn it....
Where/When was this said?
Why does Ono's team get all the funding...?
I'd kill for a balance patch for this game within the next year. Buff the low tiers and slightly nerf the top tiers... And Buff Ironman so he's not so awkward.. Buff the shit of out hsien ko too..

>>implying marvel players aren't the most vocal already

oh please tell us how the fuck this community could bitch more

Not sure if serious. There's a very active thread on SRK dedicated for potential patch mostly because everyone there was tired of hearing about patch wishlists.

38pwR.gif

I'd kill for a balance patch for this game within the next year. Buff the low tiers and slightly nerf the top tiers... And Buff Ironman so he's not so awkward.. Buff the shit of out hsien ko too..

Ono himself mentioned that it was a possibility.

Dahbomb

Oh god we are in the patch wishlist of the Marvel cycle again.

And it was posted on Twitter. If such a thing exists it might be announced at the 25th anniversary tournament.

Oh god we are in the patch wishlist of the Marvel cycle again.

And it was posted on Twitter. If such a thing exists it might be announced at the 25th anniversary tournament.
I'm more interested in the "surprise game" we'll get to play. I mean, we all know what it is, but I want to see it.
Please, please don't mess this up.

The funny thing about Darkstalkers 4 is Morrigan is the only cast member who is now better in Marvel than in her original games. Even characters like Ryu and Akuma, while better, are just more extreme versions of themselves (beams instead of super fireballs). Morrigan is a fundamentally different character in Marvel now, and it'll be interesting to see if Ono sticks to her original design or incorporates something like fly-canceling.

MODOK is a great guy
Haha what?

Top Bottom