• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

shaowebb

Really? Sounds pretty bad on paper. MODOK seems to be in an awkward position. What can he possibly get from Wolverine/X23 assists?

MODOK is a cornering expert and Wolverine can actually hold them long enough to let him setup a balloon bomb to float down on them as he goes for his low in the corner. Also Since he lacks very many lows Ankle Slice gets him some dirty high low stuff and if he's floating off screen to mess with you he can balloon bomb below himself call X-23 and either time it right for a mixup or grab you on jump away.

MODOK is a great guy and people really have no idea how to deal with that slow moving bomb of his in the corner. Great mixup potential on oncoming traffic and since his cubes and bombs can control spacing in the sky already having Wolverine as a get off me is pretty good on the ground.

The team has a lot of fun gimmicks for MODOK in my eyes. Setting him up with a longwinded get off me assist and a low is pretty good for his setups.

Sayah

I'm more interested in the "surprise game" we'll get to play. I mean, we all know what it is, but I want to see it.
Please, please don't mess this up.

The funny thing about Darkstalkers 4 is Morrigan is the only cast member who is now better in Marvel than in her original games. Even characters like Ryu and Akuma, while better, are just more extreme versions of themselves (beams instead of super fireballs). Morrigan is a fundamentally different character in Marvel now, and it'll be interesting to see if Ono sticks to her original design or incorporates something like fly-canceling.

I will support a new DarkStalkers if Capcom finally decides to take a consumer-friendly approach with their fighting games. But I have a feeling fans will be screwed all over again with their DLC shenanigans. If that's the case, I'll wait a few months and buy it in the bargain bin.

Dahbomb

I'm more interested in the "surprise game" we'll get to play. I mean, we all know what it is, but I want to see it.
Please, please don't mess this up.

The funny thing about Darkstalkers 4 is Morrigan is the only cast member who is now better in Marvel than in her original games. Even characters like Ryu and Akuma, while better, are just more extreme versions of themselves (beams instead of super fireballs). Morrigan is a fundamentally different character in Marvel now, and it'll be interesting to see if Ono sticks to her original design or incorporates something like fly-canceling.

I can't wait for the meltdowns and random DS fans coming out of the woodworks if DS4 is Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo.

Sayah

I can't wait for the meltdowns and random DS fans coming out of the woodworks if DS4 is Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo.

I doubt that will happen. The mere fact that Nintendo went to Namco over Capcom for Smash Bros. despite the latter having more experience in 2D fighting games should suggest something. And then Tekken Tag 2 having exclusive Nintendo costumes..........hmmmmmm..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait...surprise game? Whats going on here? Capcom is doing what now?
Capcom has a surprise at the SF25th. All we know is according to blurei it's "not a new game." Interpret that as you will.

Wait Namco is working with Nintendo for Smash Bros?

My mind is full of fuck right now.
Uh.. how did you miss this news? Namco is developing Smash 4 in conjunction with Sakurai's studio.

Wait...surprise game? Whats going on here? Capcom is doing what now?
In a C-U post, Haunts said there'd be something there for players to mess with as a surprise. My hunch is that it will be Darkstalkers 4 demo stuff. If you look at the list of games that will be present at the tournament, it's all SF except for Darkstalkers. It could be AE 2013 or something, though.

Old news, but yeah. We should be getting good netcode, at least...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't think it'll mean much for the final game, well Pac-Man is probably a shoo-in but that's it. I think they just lent them some code monkeys.

Sayah

I don't think it'll mean much for the final game, well Pac-Man is probably a shoo-in but that's it. I think they just lent them some code monkeys.

Highly doubt Namco is playing a minor role in this.
In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with Namco Bandai's best staff! Yoshito Higuchi, the producer and the director of the Tales series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs., the art director/sound director of the SoulCalibur series, the main development team staff from the Tekken series…and that's just for starters. All the top creators from Namco Bandai are gathered here to create a never-before-seen dream team for this project. We will fully utilize our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organizational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful Super Smash Bros. title ever! Don't miss it!
Currently, the prototype prepared by Namco Bandai Games and Namco Bandai Studios' special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximize and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together.

Namco's involvement is going to significantly speed up development for the game and have the title out for salivating audiences sooner rather than later. Namco's fighters are pretty much known for high production values. And their teams have experience experience working in HD (unlike Sakurai's team) and they have developed the best netcode for fighters. Namco's involvement will certainly benefit Nintendo in various ways.

FSLink

Banned
Plus Nintendo's been working really hard trying to get more 3rd party support for the Wii U, so the Tekkken team's involvement with Smash is another move towards that.

As far as Pacman in Smash, pretty sure they said character decisions are all Sakurai but I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one Namco representative.

onionfrog

Oh god we are in the patch wishlist of the Marvel cycle again.

And it was posted on Twitter. If such a thing exists it might be announced at the 25th anniversary tournament.
Thanks Dahbomb, I don't normally pay attention to twitter. If I get bored this weekend maybe I'll write up a hypothetical patch wishlist. (Which will probably be semi-terrible since I'm not all that great at this game anyway.)

Capcom has a surprise at the SF25th. All we know is according to blurei it's "not a new game." Interpret that as you will.
I get the feeling It'll either be a Darkstalkers 4 demo, actual DLC for Street Fighter X Tekken or another expansion to SSIV.
What are they going to do for Megaman's 25th Anniversary?
The most brutal gift of all... NOTHING!!!

Uh.. how did you miss this news? Namco is developing Smash 4 in conjunction with Sakurai's studio.
Man We don't even know anything about the next Smash Bros, but I'm still Hype enough to buy a Wii-U just for it...

Sayah

Plus Nintendo's been working really hard trying to get more 3rd party support for the Wii U, so the Tekkken team's involvement with Smash is another move towards that.

As far as Pacman in Smash, pretty sure they said character decisions are all Sakurai but I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one Namco representative.

Tekken team grew really close to Nintendo with Tekken 3D and Tag 2 Wii U. For some people, it may not be a big deal but for a series that's been almost exclusively available on Sony consoles to suddenly have Nintendo outfits and modes is remarkable.

And Pac-Man would be good. Although, I really would like Lloyd Irving.

If the stage turns into this for Pac-Man's final smash, I will be left speechless.

pacman_500px.jpg

Solune

Damn there was a legitimate 2 bar building 1 mil combo for 1 meter in that video, that's just sickening.
Wolverine with Balloon Bomb assist? Extreme meh.

Ono might release yet another AE patch. God damn it....

Sounds good to me, I like to use Wolverine with Hyper Grav. It would work in a similar fashion I guess.

AE getting a patch is A-OK with me. Fighting games should get more patches in general as opposed to releasing full fledged games, it would probably be more economical for most parties involved anyways.

onionfrog

Or instead of a win-lose, you can go for win-win like me and buy the mysterious 3DS version instead!
But then you don't get to gather all of your friends around the TV for some ridiculous 4 player free for alls.
You lose a life, you take a shot.

Azure J

Damn there was a legitimate 2 bar building 1 mil combo for 1 meter in that video, that's just sickening.

I didn't catch it until my second watch of the video and just went "Whoa" the whole way through. My Viper is extremely dry, just there to do the job when I get properly started, but knowing all that's possible and not too hard to accomplish? Madness.

onionfrog

I like to play 99 life matches, so I don't think this would work...
Yeah probably not... Even for 5 life matches...
How about winner takes a shot? That's a bit more reasonable, and the better player gradually gets worse as the night goes on...

99 life matches are too long for me even without drinking involved.

Man those viper relaunches are ludicrous. I'm jealous of people with execution to pull that off.
EDIT: Those Galick Gun loops too... Damn!

FSLink

Banned
So what would be a good third character with Viper and Strange? I want to try learning Viper, and she has crumple setups (outside of raw EX Thunder Knuckle) so I can do FoF loops right?
Who should be second? Spencer? Ammy? Vergil? MODOK? Doom?

Anybody? :(

And gotta learn those sick Viper relaunches...

shaowebb

Oh hey more Scribblenauts stuff for you guys.

shaowebb said:
Phoenix is taking a long time so I made another character someone requested on Steam.

SHUMA GORATH!

He laughs, poses like a smarmy bastard, bounces around and if he grabs someone he summons up the chaos dimension and laughs while using it.

0vLPo.jpg

Im currently storming the first page now with all my upvotes on the steam workshop. All day its danced between Samus Aran, Hsien Ko, Iron Fist, Haggar, and more. These things are a hit. :D

Wait, where's Samus?

And can you record audio for Shuma? What does he sound like?

Anybody? :(

And gotta learn those sick Viper relaunches...
I need more info on whether you're willing to anchor Dr. Strange and whether you want something that's all about C. Viper or gives strong consideration to Dr. Strange as well.

shaowebb

Wait, where's Samus?

I need more info on whether you're willing to anchor Dr. Strange and whether you want something that's all about C. Viper or gives strong consideration to Dr. Strange as well.

Cant record audio, but here is a picture of my wife's Metroid Prime Samus Aran.

Figured I'd post a link to the front page since it LIVES there lol.

l3I8S.jpg

EDIT: Dang forgot Shumas eye color.

XKRU8.jpg

All better!

Zissou

Good stuff! Impressive as always. Makes me feel even worse about my own lazy combos, lol.

In other news- I had no idea the left and right corners of the stage in marvel had different properties! By jumping over my opponent and doing taskmaster's h arrows, I can cross up a cornered opponent on the left side, but no matter what I try, I can't cross up my opponent on the right sad. Is this widely known? I wonder which other characters it affects.

Solune

I didn't catch it until my second watch of the video and just went "Whoa" the whole way through. My Viper is extremely dry, just there to do the job when I get properly started, but knowing all that's possible and not too hard to accomplish? Madness.
This should be an amusing story to tell you, I was just playing with my friend and I picked Spiderman and accidentally hit Random All instead of Nova, I get White Viper White Strider, I'm thinking, TEAM JERICHO?! I can't use Viper for shit though. So anyways. it boils down to his Morrigan and my Viper and he hail mary level 3s through my block string and by instinct of course I cancel my Thunder Knuckle into Burst Time and I'm thinking oh fuck i loooooooooooooose because Morrigan's Level 3 has mad invincibility but then Morrigan runs INTO the Burst Time and I clutch out the win. It was zomg intense.
Oh hey more Scribblenauts stuff for you guys.

Im currently storming the first page now with all my upvotes on the steam workshop. All day its danced between Samus Aran, Hsien Ko, Iron Fist, Haggar, and more. These things are a hit. :D

Great stuff, didn't expect Shuma. Would love to see Marvel 2 Jill or Marvel 3 Jill.

And wow, didn't know you were married too Shao, seems like Mahvel is a Family Man's game.

Azure J

The best Viper moments are always those that involve stuffing something for the game or seeing how much invincibility this chick bleeds out. There was this one time I was playing my brother and just for maximum troll factor (and experimentation's sake), I watched him do a desperation Super Judgement Cut super while I was sitting on 5 meters and just EX Seismo - Feinted 4 times to find out that not only does the invincibility persist, there's enough time to do another one and continue that chain. By the last one, Vergil was in re-sheath animation and I just let the last one rip and chuckled.

Edit: High Impact Dante video just got released. It's not by the guy that did the original teaser though. Also, dat soundtrack. <3

Onemic

Dahbomb or other Vergil players, for the sword loop combo:

H,S,H (round trip) Cr. H, judgement cut, Cr. H, Lunar phase

There are times when the opponent is too low to the ground for lunar phase to hit after the linked cr.H. How do you make the opponent stay high enough for lunar phase to connect? Right now its a shot in the dark for me where sometimes the dummy will be too low and sometimes the dummy will be at the right height, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong to cause the dummy to be too low to the ground.

Also how do you make dimension slash hit the maximum amount of times? It ranges from around ~80k dmg for me at the moment.

There are times when the opponent is too low to the ground for lunar phase to hit after the linked cr.H. How do you make the opponent stay high enough for lunar phase to connect? Right now its a shot in the dark for me where sometimes the dummy will be too low and sometimes the dummy will be at the right height, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong to cause the dummy to be too low to the ground.

Also how do you make dimension slash hit the maximum amount of times? It ranges from around ~80k dmg for me at the moment.
Dimension Slash is random, but you can do better by using Trick Down before df.H to get the opponent more centered on the scree.

Why are you doing c.H to Lunar Phase? Or is this the end of your combo? Because that's the only time you should do that unless you have an OTG assist.

Onemic

Dimension Slash is random, but you can do better by using Trick Down before df.H to get the opponent more centered on the scree.

Why are you doing c.H to Lunar Phase? Or is this the end of your combo? Because that's the only time you should do that unless you have an OTG assist.

Ya, it's the end of the combo before doing high time into dimension slash. Im not even trying attempt the sword loop part yet.

smurfx

get some go again
god my 360 is fucking annoying. its giving me those errors way too often now. think it might be time to ditch it for another. wish it started acting up during black friday when i could have bought a 4gb console for 150. -_-

Solune

It has to do with timing the first c.H and how fast you cancel into Judgement Cut. As soon as round trip is released, you need to do the first c.H as fast as possible. Also, different characters have different fall speeds, so the timing is faster or slower for the second c.H depending on the opponent.

FSLink

Banned
Wait, where's Samus?

I'm more than willing to anchor Dr. Strange. I use him as anchor a lot. (plus j.H Impact Palm, M Teleport, Impact Palm xx Flames of the Faltine xx Impact Palm, S, H Teleport, etc. in X-Factor is just tons of fun) :p I'd rather have it more about Viper though since I have other Strange teams. Unless there's a way to DHC from Viper into Strange's Seven Rings super, Impact Palm, and have him do FoF loops then maybe I can stick him 2nd and use someone like Vergil as anchor...
But something like that is more about meter gain since Viper should be able to hit off of one hit with the right team.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well I haven't been following any Smash news so this is news for me.

Time for you to crawl out of community forum! :p

Old news, but yeah. We should be getting good netcode, at least...

I really hope so for good netcode for Smash.

When will we heard something about "SECRET" game?

I seriously doubt that we will see Pac-Man, and I hope that they would encouraging Sakurai to get rid of tripping.

Highly doubt Namco is playing a minor role in this.

Namco's involvement is going to significantly speed up development for the game and have the title out for salivating audiences sooner rather than later. Namco's fighters are pretty much known for high production values. And their teams have experience experience working in HD (unlike Sakurai's team) and they have developed the best netcode for fighters. Namco's involvement will certainly benefit Nintendo in various ways.

Yeah, Nintendo would benefits a lot of things from Namco-Bandai. I heard rumor that reason why they hired the company is that Nintendo want them to be familiar with Wii U so they can make new Tale game for Wii U. That's a rumor for now.

Dahbomb

I only visit the Game forum for the FG Weekly and DmC threads. I browse through the news sometimes but I only click if it's for a game series/developer I like. Lately I have been taking some advice from SolarPowered and actually playing some non-AAA Steam games and discovered the masterpiece that is Mark of Ninja. Ironically the thread for that game is in the CT too.

Zissou

Gaming (non-community) is 90% console warriors going nuts and 'name your favorite x' threads, so it's a pain in the ass to find the actual interesting discussions going on.

Azure J

Gaming (non-community) is 90% console warriors going nuts and 'name your favorite x' threads, so it's a pain in the ass to find the actual interesting discussions going on.

Pretty much. It's also insanity if you are a middle of the road Nintendo fan (re: you enjoy their output while realizing they're nutty as hell and not thought cancer) with Wii U out now.

Dahbomb

The forum is in a unique place now since we are at the cusp of a new console generation. It's about to get a whole lot worse once the Xbox and PS4 are unveiled. GAF is going to be insufferable (but at times hilarious) for the next couple years at least. Thank god I am completely neutral in this.

Zissou

I plan on steering clear of the craziness- I'll watch, I don't know if I want to be a part of the chaos.

I was finally able to take my Task/RR/Ammy team out against some real people and I'm happy with the results so far! Very fun, but my anchor Ammy is terrrrible.

The forum is in a unique place now since we are at the cusp of a new console generation. It's about to get a whole lot worse once the Xbox and PS4 are unveiled. GAF is going to be insufferable (but at times hilarious) for the next couple years at least. Thank god I am completely neutral in this.
Indeed. I play games, not consoles. That being said, Microsoft went in a direction that resulted in very few games that interested me, so unless something changes for the next generation I'll likely be a WiiU/PS4 gamer.

I plan on participating in the festival as fully as I can. #YOLO
That's why your name is grayed out so often.

I only visit the Game forum for the FG Weekly and DmC threads. I browse through the news sometimes but I only click if it's for a game series/developer I like. Lately I have been taking some advice from SolarPowered and actually playing some non-AAA Steam games and discovered the masterpiece that is Mark of Ninja. Ironically the thread for that game is in the CT too.
Ditto. If there's news that I care about (PG, Nintendo, fighting games) I'll check up on it. Otherwise I generally just read the FG weekly thread and this. I've learned to stay away from the Off-Topic forum because everyone is so very PC about everything, and I got tired of explaining why I have my tastes in most game threads. If I'm playing a game actively I'll usually post in that thread and help people out (recently, Xenoblade).

That's why your name is grayed out so often.
I feel like I've been too productive for this forum the last couple years, so I need to reinvest my effort into trolling again.

Also, my main reason for using the site is because it's about the games industry first. The fan stuff is just killing time. That's why I don't go to SRK or gamefaqs.

smurfx

get some go again
I feel like I've been too productive for this forum the last couple years, so I need to reinvest my effort into trolling again.

Also, my main reason for using the site is because it's about the games industry first. The fan stuff is just killing time. That's why I don't go to SRK or gamefaqs.
we need a new italian meal thread.

I'm online if anyone wants free kills while I try a new team concept.

Well, that explains why you stuck with Eye of Agamoto for so long when we were playing.
Thanks for playing with me, Karst. I picked up some interesting stuff, although I still don't have the execution to make the most of it online.

we need a new italian meal thread.

Let me introduce you to my favorite Chinese restaurant in CA, God's Beard. Only $12 for the best goddamn egg roll you've ever had.

You guys are cold, lol

LakeEarth

God what is with player matches today. I've faced 3 people already, and win or lose, they leave after one match. Pick ranked if you only want to play once.

EDIT - 4, though that one was laggy

Top Bottom