• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
There's a rumor SSF4 might be getting another update/characters (or at least it go mentioned by Ono on Twitter recently) so maybe the reveal at the 25th anniversary tournament is that?

GGs Sayah. That She-Hulk team is no good. You need an assist in there to help everyone. The best you could do is anchor Trish and give her Low Voltage.

And goddamn, so many raw tags! -_-

Curious about what you and SousedLouse thought about the teams I used.

Personally, I was impressed by how good my SouSouSouSou is these days. I was streaming those babies all over the place on both sides of the screen. It felt good!

Well, that explains why you stuck with Eye of Agamoto for so long when we were playing.
Thanks for playing with me, Karst. I picked up some interesting stuff, although I still don't have the execution to make the most of it online.
GGs. I like Eye of Agamotto, but Dr. Strange is only sort of fun to play. I also like to mix my Morrigan with rushdown and keepaway, and Eye of Agamotto doesn't help me do that too much.

The Phoenix team (not sure if I used it against you, I know I did against Sayah) is by far the most fun, though it sucks that Morrigan just has to fly around alone. I love playing Phoenix. It's too bad I can't realistically put her on point anymore. :-(

You guys are cold, lol
I only tease people I like.

God what is with player matches today. I've faced 3 people already, and win or lose, they leave after one match. Pick ranked if you only want to play once.

EDIT - 4, though that one was laggy
What team do you use?

There's a rumor SSF4 might be getting another update/characters (or at least it go mentioned by Ono on Twitter recently) so maybe the reveal at the 25th anniversary tournament is that?
I think it's almost certain that it will, but the surprise is a new game to play and I recall Haunts saying that it won't be an announcement of a new game. My Karsticlian Calculus tells me that it has to be Darkstalkers 4.

Sayah

GGs Sayah. That She-Hulk team is no good. You need an assist in there to help everyone. The best you could do is anchor Trish and give her Low Voltage.

And goddamn, so many raw tags! -_-

GGs. I like She-Hulk for all the damage. That's the team I'll have to stick with for now. I would choose Ammy over She-hulk but her health is so damn low.

Deadly of course. Especially the Phoenix one. Really liked how you used Trish. The way you were moving her, it seemed like you could do four air dashes with her.

GGs. I like She-Hulk for all the damage. That's the team I'll have to stick with for now. I would choose Ammy over She-hulk but her health is so damn low.
Well, at least give the team a projectile assist to help it out! Taskmaster is a high health, easy to use character who fits the role well (decent anchor, too).

Deadly of course. Especially the Phoenix one. Really liked how you used Trish. The way you were moving her, it seemed like you could do four air dashes with her.
Any character has infinite air dashes in flight mode. Trish's flight mode got a shorter startup time in Ultimate. If that team I used were designed around Trish, I could have done something like this:
1) Jump
2) Air dash up.
3) Fly
4) Aerial wavedash over to you.
5) Call Cold Stars (or whatever)
6) Dive Kick.

That, IMO, is how Trish should be played. Assuming Cold Stars and the Dive Kick are blocked, then you go for the j.L, c.L high/low to open them up, sometimes just doing c.L to keep it unpredictable.

Edit:
Also, I'm dumb and failed at this in-game because I'm not good with Trish, but a good blockstring: Dive Kick, c.LMH, qcb.H.

Sayah

Well, at least give the team a projectile assist to help it out! Taskmaster is a high health, easy to use character who fits the role well (decent anchor, too).

Maybe I should pick up Taskmaster. His combos are definitely very easy and he's great for camping.

Any character has infinite air dashes in flight mode. Trish's flight mode got a shorter startup time in Ultimate. If that team I used were designed around Trish, I could have done something like this:
1) Jump
2) Air dash up.
3) Fly
4) Aerial wavedash over to you.
5) Call Cold Stars (or whatever)
6) Dive Kick.

That, IMO, is how Trish should be played. Assuming Cold Stars and the Dive Kick are blocked, then you go for the j.L, c.L high/low to open them up, sometimes just doing c.L to keep it unpredictable.

Wow, I didn't know you could do infinite air dashes in flight. Gonna have to practice movement with her and Ammy. Thanks.

GatorBait

Im giving up on Dante officially now.

Gonna go Wesker/Vergil/Strider instead.

Similarly, I'm going "back" to a team that I am a little more comfortable with while I work on my execution:

Vergil/Frank/Wesker

I say "back" because I was never any good with Vergil to begin with back when I was messing around with that team.

71 games of Marvel played with God's Beard today. Three of them ended with Nick's Level 3, which proved that Magneto did it. He even used a glass vase.

GGs to Professor Beef, learned a lot today. I'll definitely be playing Wolverine from now on, he's so much fun. Balloon Bomb proven to be a godlike assist.

Things I learned today:
  • My X-23 is ass
  • My Dante is ass
  • My Marneto needs to clean up his act
  • Strider is actually coming along
  • Magneto's counter is pretty good
  • Wesker's counter is...
  • Japanese Spencer is top tier
  • Viewtiful Joe has no weaknesses

71 games of Marvel played with God's Beard today. Three of them ended with Nick's Level 3, which proved that Magneto did it. He even used a glass vase.
DHC into that hyper is too serious.

shaowebb

Ugh...no character in Scribblenauts can wear objects you make. Its not scripted because they all have different sizes so my Phoenix that turns into Dark Phoenix idea is a bust. I can make Dark Phoenix damned accurately, but I can't make her change color from green outfit to red outfit after she is attacked, explodes, and starts throwing around all the feathers as her health counts down.

As a consolation prize.

tJn8T.jpg

Viewtiful Joe has a lot of weaknesses...

And Shao, you need to post action shots of these guys!

I've been messing with Dormammu/Morrigan/Phoenix tech all night, and since Morrigan and Phoenix can both TAC glitch...

Personally, I was impressed by how good my SouSouSouSou is these days. I was streaming those babies all over the place on both sides of the screen. It felt good!

Yeah, you were chucking Soul Fists at a pretty decent clip when you put Morrigan on point. I had a tiny bit of success trying to just tear through them, but I couldn't capitalize once I got through. And your Dorm and Phoenix were solid through the whole set, although I noticed that you had a bit of trouble confirming hits on Rocket Raccoon with either of them.

Your team with Ghost Rider/Doom/Strider is still pretty aggravating; blocking the chain + Vajra is simple enough, but actually getting close is a pain. I noticed that a move with decent armor can tear through Ghost Rider's zoning, but one mistimed move and it's a free combo from mid-screen.

Everything else is kind of a blur, so I can't really comment on any other teams you might have used.

Onemic

Yeah, you were chucking Soul Fists at a pretty decent clip when you put Morrigan on point. I had a tiny bit of success trying to just tear through them, but I couldn't capitalize once I got through. And your Dorm and Phoenix were solid through the whole set, although I noticed that you had a bit of trouble confirming hits on Rocket Raccoon with either of them.

Your team with Ghost Rider/Doom/Strider is still pretty aggravating; blocking the chain + Vajra is simple enough, but actually getting close is a pain. I noticed that a move with decent armor can tear through Ghost Rider's zoning, but one mistimed move and it's a free combo from mid-screen.

Everything else is kind of a blur, so I can't really comment on any other teams you might have used.

You have Marvel too? what's your PSN?

Does anyone know a good range character with Wolv/___ /Akuma?

I'm practicing with my deadpool a lil more to come up w more moves,combo, assist usage, etc. I'm still weak w him. So far I'm trying out his Trigger Happy assist which sorta comes in handy when fighting against players who stay in air.

Also, I'm gonna try and learn vergil so I can play against him.

Zissou

I'm practicing with my deadpool a lil more to come up w more moves,combo, assist usage, etc. I'm still weak w him. So far I'm trying out his Trigger Happy assist which sorta comes in handy when fighting against players who stay in air.

Maybe Taskmaster? You could use Akuma's tatsu assist to keep up pressure after a blocked shield skills and could probably use it for combo extension after Task's OTG air arrows. Or you could try Doom like PR rog has been doing.

smurfx

get some go again
woo! finally found how to get my hawkeye reset after using both my task and haggar assists. i've been having success with this particular reset as well. pretty much the one character i'm falling behind with shenanigans is taskmaster. although hawkeye needs the resets much more since he doesn't do as much damage from combos.

Rocket Raccoon is a funky little guy to combo on...

Yeah, I'm amused because on GFAQs there's a "worst character in the game" contest going on right now, and a huge portion of the posters think Ghost Rider is the worst character in the game. I've only found one person I can't at least go even with using my Ghost Rider team though, but it's a Zero player so I don't really count it. :-X I don't think he's fantastic or anything, but he's underrated and quite solid. Plus he has one of the best crossover counters in the game.

Can you show and tell?
TAC up to Phoenix, air dash down immediately, try to TAC down (whiffs), try to TAC up (hits). If your opponent was mashing any TAC direction when the TAC down whiffs, it invalidates his/her input for the next TAC input as long as it's within 15 frames. I can only get it to work with up TACs, but last night on stream someone did it with a left TAC, so it must be possible everywhere.

Morrigan TAC is hard to do when she's on point: s.S, sj.H, qcf.H, fly, TAC up, dash-cancel, TAC left/right (example).

When Morrigan is TACed into, it's really easy: TAC up, dash-cancel, TAC down.

Could Morrigan get any more anti-Phoenix tech? Haha.

Wesker. He plays better keepaway than some keep away characters.

A question for those UMvC3 fans here who bought the game primarily as comic fans:
If there's a Capcom vs. Capcom game in the works that has gameplay extremely similar to this one, are you interested? Or are Marvel characters important enough to you that your interest is automatically gone?

Interesting post on GFAQs about this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/64788076/726063498
Nitsuma is working on one last roster update to Marvel 3.
It should arrive Q4 2013 - Q1 2014.
Only reason its not coming sooner is because of competition with
other Marvel properties already released.
Good news is the roster will get atleast 20 characters thanks to the
longer deadline.
Bad news is people still arent getting who they want on Marvel side lol
That agenda and promotional work. It'll still be diverse which is great.

The guy says he's not trolling. Yeah, I know. He's also a very frequent contributor over on SRK, and he's on my PSN friends list. Plays a wicked Dr. Strange, the best I've faced.

you ever seen the hitbox on the gunshot? thing has a laser beam kind of hitbox.
And every 1/3 gunshots gains an extra large hitbox and piercing. At least that was the case in Vanilla, I've never seen someone test it for Ultimate.

I've seriously beat entire teams just running around shooting bullets while calling Dark Harmonizer and then doing full screen Samurai Edge into Wesker/Dormammu/Morrigan THC for big damage when I feel like it.

The gun comes out fast AND he can teleport anywhere after it. Wesker is one of the fastest, most mobile characters in this game. It's a shame that scrubby XF3 Wesker failures have convinced people that he's just "okay" these days.

Dahbomb

Jebailey fucking plz.

20 characters? ROFL he could've at least made the number more believable.

I will always believe but that is a lot of bull right there.

Alright guys post your 20 characters for this fictional Marvel game:

Marvel:

Psylocke
Scarlet Witch
Cable
Black Panther
Gambit
Venom
Cyclops
Ms Marvel
Daredevil
Juggernaut

Capcom:

Megaman X or Classic or Volnutt
Gene
Dimitri
Captain Commando
Jin Saotome
Soki (Onimusha)
Nina (BoF)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
Rathalos (Monster Hunter)

Onemic

A question for those UMvC3 fans here who bought the game primarily as comic fans:
If there's a Capcom vs. Capcom game in the works that has gameplay extremely similar to this one, are you interested? Or are Marvel characters important enough to you that your interest is automatically gone?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/64788076/726063498

The guy says he's not trolling. Yeah, I know. He's also a very frequent contributor over on SRK, and he's on my PSN friends list. Plays a wicked Dr. Strange, the best I've faced.

I somehow can't believe this, especially since I would expect the PS4/720 to already be out by that time, though it would be awesome if true.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Ugh, I wish that it's true.

Edited: I don't understand his thread.

His topic and original post are conflicting each other, unless he meant to post two leaked information. His topic said Capcom only roster with MVC3 engines rumor, then he bought up information about marvel.

smurfx

get some go again
20 characters? lol yeah right. only way i believe 20 is if its a bunch of palette swaps. bone claw wolverine makes his comeback?

Dahbomb

20 characters? lol yeah right. only way i believe 20 is if its a bunch of palette swaps. bone claw wolverine makes his comeback?
Or it could be "the lost 8" plus some TvC characters ported over (like MM, PTX, Soki etc). And some palette swaps too like Warmachine.

Yea I don't believe this for a second.

To answer Karsts' question: Yea I would be interested but the game has to have an altered Marvel engine, team play and a big roster for me to be more invested in it. I don't see the point of an All Capcom game running exactly on a MVC3 engine, it needs to have fresh mechanics.

DR2K

Banned
Jebailey fucking plz.

Marvel:

Psylocke
Scarlet Witch
Cable
Black Panther
Gambit
Venom
Cyclops
Ms Marvel
Daredevil
Juggernaut

It won't be characters people want according to a rumor, the only beliavable part.

smurfx

get some go again
bet you people will try to pass of these rumors as true thanks to the IPL announcement. i'm guessing somebody will create a umvc3 tournament edition rumor soon or something like that. maybe i should do that. Kappa

Jebailey fucking plz.

Marvel:

Psylocke
Scarlet Witch
Cable
Black Panther
Gambit
Venom
Cyclops
Ms Marvel
Daredevil
Juggernaut

Capcom:

Megaman X or Classic or Volnutt
Gene
Dimitri
Captain Commando
Jin Saotome
Soki (Onimusha)
Nina (BoF)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
No Nero or Lady?

I don't see the number 20 as being unrealistic if this is what Niitsuma has been working on and it's coming out in Q4 2013. 9 months meant 12 new characters, so 15 months for 20 isn't a stretch. Not to mention another expansion wouldn't be bogged down by H&H mode, which clearly took a lot of development time.

SagaFX already said that we won't get who we want on the Marvel side, so assume that's true, I won't even pretend that I'm getting Venom and such. I'll just do my Capcom side:
1. Megaman (anything non-Volnutt, but preferably Classic or X)
2. Jedah
3. BoF2 Nina
4. Rathalos
5. BoF3 Ryu
6. Captain Commando
7. M. Bison
8. Gene (just returning the favor)
9. Red Earth character (anyone, it has lots of cool guys - Tessa maybe?)
10. Issun

Well it's long enough after new avatar time so that's ok.
APP with what truly matters, lol.

well if its true then it has to be whoever is the bad guy in the upcoming marvel movies. maybe lizard for spiderman and whoever is the upcoming bad guy. no idea who the bad guys would be for an upcoming thor, cap and hulk movie.
Upcoming Dr. Strange film, too, though we already have 2 of his classic villains.

I wanted to give representation to game series which have none in the game. Only exception was MM because it feels awful playing a Capcom roster game without MM.
I dig. My list is all characters that I would consider playing.

smurfx

get some go again
well if its true then it has to be whoever is the bad guy in the upcoming marvel movies. maybe lizard for spiderman and whoever is the upcoming bad guy. no idea who the bad guys would be for an upcoming thor, cap and hulk movie.

Dahbomb

I wanted to give representation to game series which have none in the game. Only exception was MM because it feels awful playing a Capcom roster game without MM.

Dahbomb

That's not the bet, was it?
It was until EVO time. The release date of the patch/update is irrelevant, the announcement is what matters.

Also that rumor makes no mention of delivery method. Seems like a very hefty update to be online DLC only, that amount of content will most likely also have a disc release.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hmmm I dunno

I think we should have avatar bets on whether Marvel will get a new patch or not.

I will volunteer for it. Balance patch for Marvel (not talking about new content) around or after EVO 2012 any time before EVO 2013. Who wants in on this action?

Marvel:

• Psylocke
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Colossus
  • Phylla Vell(Quasar)
  • Gambit
  • Dr. Octopus
  • Mr.Sinister
  • Silver Surfer
  • Elektra
  • Juggernaut

Capcom:

• Megaman
  • Gene
  • Jedah
  • Captain Commando
  • P.N. 03
  • Seig Warheit
  • Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa
  • Deis
  • Son Son
  • Rathalos

shaowebb

20 characters added to the roster?

Thats 10 marvel and 10 Capcom then. This seems doubtful, but what the hell may as well play along and post predictions.

CAPCOM
Mega Man (lol)
Gene (lol)
Leon (because RE)
Asura
Monster Hunter dude
Date Masamune
Jedah (lol)
Falcon (lol powerstone)
Rufus

MARVEL
Daredevil
Blade
The Thing
Luke Cage
New Venom
Thanos
Cyclops
Hope Summers
Black Panther
Punisher

All of these are likely too good for us though lol. Characters who were so good I'm certain we wouldn't get them ? Captain Commando, Iceman, Psylocke, Gambit, Cable, Green Goblin.

Onemic

Marvel

Venom
Cable
Cyclops
Bishop
Luke cage
Black Panther
Thanos
Daredevil
Colossus
Punisher

Capcom

Megaman
Jin
Demitri
Captain Commando
Zangief
Leon
some monster hunter dude
some Dragons Dogma dude

... out of ideas for Capcom characters. They don't have a large enough library of diverse IP's anymore.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Alright,

Here we go again! Lupinko replied to this post on GAF earlier:
"Even if they wanted to touch Marvel, which they don't, they couldn't as they no longer hold the Marvel licence. It'd be in their best interest to makeI something similar to Capcom Fighting Jam that takes the UMvsC3 engine and replaces the marvel side with Capcom characters (which is rumored to be happening right now)."

Lupinko says "That certainly sounds interesting there."

I also heard it's being heavily hinted by the NEC streamer (not sure if true?)

Not sure if this is old news, interesting either way...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44926803&postcount=58

I don't see how that is a hint.

Nitsuma is working on one last roster update to Marvel 3.
It should arrive Q4 2013 - Q1 2014.
Only reason its not coming sooner is because of competition with
other Marvel properties already released.
Good news is the roster will get atleast 20 characters thanks to the
longer deadline.
Bad news is people still arent getting who they want on Marvel side lol
That agenda and promotional work. It'll still be diverse which is great.

Alright, let see what I can come up with 20 characters that people didn't get what they want for marvel side.

Capcom
Megaman
Gene
Nina (BOF)
Roll (TVC)
Regina
Jin
Felyne (Monster Hunter)
Asura
Juri
Rouge

Marvel
Black Panther
Green Goblin
Doctor Octopus
Loki
Daredevil
Ms. Marvel
Thanos
Luke Cage
Squirrel Girl
Gambit

Edited: I just changed my list. I thought we were doing realistic list.

What the hell, GB! Deis?! Over Nina?! We need to stick together on this stuff. I'd love to have Deis and Nina, but...c'mon man!

Also, PN03 = Vanessa Schneider. She would be cool as hell as an addition. And Seig Warheit is not Capcom-owned.

Shao, you're the first person I've ever seen put Rufus on the list, and I've read every post from 3 websites the last two times these polls were done.
Edit it and put Nina in.

Top Bottom