• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

Azure J

It's possible, but I don't think the series is inclined toward it.

Ruby Heart is the only original character from MvC2 that I'd want to come back. Heck, she's getting her own game, so why not? Badass moveset, too. I never knew what those ghosts did, though.

Meter steal, lock in place (think Tron's Servbots with her QCF special), and a few other things I forgot about.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
Iron Man's air Smart Bombs are an enigma to me. On one hand, they do a lot of hitstun/blockstun and are very fast, if they hit you can ADDF and combo off them. But on the other hand, whenever I do them in a real match I get dash undered/air thrown. Maybe I need to super jump up back and throw the Smart Bombs first.

You'll never get a solid idea of how to play Iron Man because all his stuff his so matchup specific.

shaowebb

Other than Darkstalkers reps on the Capcom side who do you guys think has the most to offer from their potential additions to the overall options in this game. They got a lot of guys to choose from but a lot would be retreading old ground thats already covered in UMVC3 playstyles by other guys.

I'm just saying people got mad when Megaman died. Nina just kind of disappeared because nobody played Breath of Fire anyway. Kind of like Power Stone.

Also how is Phobos Obscure? Dude even made it into Roll's ending in TVC. I know the ladies of Darkstalkers + Demitri are pretty much the only ones they throw around a lot, but he's not obscure.

I don't mean to offend, but TvC endings are not exactly a good metric of a fan's popularity. Hell, they also put Vector in Roll's ending, and he's definitely obscure. Capcom developers, being such big fans of the company's output as they are, will use any given excuse they can to mess around with dormant
or dead, hurr hurr hurr
series. And since most of them seem to have little to no bargaining power with upper management, cameos are the best they can do.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your post, but I just wanted to point that out.

You're just jealous because everybody likes Rathalos. Also, I want Jedah the most out of DS characters, but I think Donovan fits better. He's crazy.

You're joking, but they probably would have put in a miniaturized version of Rath if the Monster Hunter devs weren't such hardasses. But Monster Hunter brings in the big bucks, so they can veto stuff like that.

You're joking, but they probably would have put in a miniaturized version of Rath if the Monster Hunter devs weren't such hardasses. But Monster Hunter brings in the big bucks, so they can veto stuff like that.

Then we could have arguments similar to the Ridley arguments in the Smash thread about Rathalos being too big.

Azure J

Then we could have arguments similar to the Ridley arguments in the Smash thread about Rathalos being too big.

Some of the best times of my life were watching reasonings from fans about why X character couldn't be or could be in Brawl.

RIDLEY TOO BIG
Lip can't be in! Think of the perverts! Upskirts for days!
TOO MANY SWORDS!/NOT ENOUGH SWORDS!
OLIMAR TOO SMALL

Edit: Semi-relevant to this thread:

Megaman would just be a Kirby clone.

shaowebb

Calling it right now guys...Fat Elvis from Godhand and Rufus both make it in.
God its like devil trigger done backwards for Fat Elvis. Gets slower, but stronger.

Other than Darkstalkers reps on the Capcom side who do you guys think has the most to offer from their potential additions to the overall options in this game. They got a lot of guys to choose from but a lot would be retreading old ground thats already covered in UMVC3 playstyles by other guys.

I still say Starforce Megaman could have an interesting gimmick if they wanted to.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Use Starforce Megaman.

I think he has the same powers as EXE but looks cooler imo.

Actually EXE is pretty cool because of the style changes, but I'd doubt they'd put that into his move set.

eDuhB.jpg

tVtiT.jpg

Starforce is a blight in the Megaman franchise

Did anyone ask for your opinion on that?
tumblr_mebt9d3a2V1r23jbj.png

I respect your opinion but now we can never be friends ever

Use Starforce Megaman.

I think he has the same powers as EXE but looks cooler imo.

Actually EXE is pretty cool because of the style changes, but I'd doubt they'd put that into his move set.

eDuhB.jpg

tVtiT.jpg

If they ever put EXE in one of these games, they HAVE to use style changes or one of the other similar mechanics from the later games somehow, even if just as a level 3 or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Megaman Starforce looks like .EXE if mid-development shitty anime character artists broke in and occupied development offices. Which is probably very close to what actually happened.

The buster is kind of cool though.

Megaman Starforce looks like .EXE if mid-development shitty anime character artists broke in and occupied development offices. Which is probably very close to what actually happened.

The buster is kind of cool though.

That's what people said about the .EXE series when it first came out. It's the circle of life. Mega Man's not dead, he just reincarnates. Now he's XOver, much like how a killer is brought back into the flesh as a worm.

TAC up to Phoenix, air dash down immediately, try to TAC down (whiffs), try to TAC up (hits). If your opponent was mashing any TAC direction when the TAC down whiffs, it invalidates his/her input for the next TAC input as long as it's within 15 frames. I can only get it to work with up TACs, but last night on stream someone did it with a left TAC, so it must be possible everywhere.

Morrigan TAC is hard to do when she's on point: s.S, sj.H, qcf.H, fly, TAC up, dash-cancel, TAC left/right (example).

When Morrigan is TACed into, it's really easy: TAC up, dash-cancel, TAC down.

Could Morrigan get any more anti-Phoenix tech? Haha.

Thanks.
After messing with this I got a side TAC to Phoenix going. When she comes in, Dash forward-down into side, whiff, then pick any direction. Problem is it only seems to work with the side first because the recovery frames for up and down are too long, so she lands before you can get another off.

Solune

Did anyone ask for your opinion on that?

I respect your opinion but now we can never be friends ever
It's ok, as a fellow Tegami Bachi fan I respect your taste too. Haven't seen you in the ManGAF thread in a while btw =p.
http://i.imgur.com/Oy3EO.jpg

Shit that was fast.
looooool. On point as always. I just want Project X Zone localized =(.
Legends design has always been hit or miss for me. The craziest thing is how with the helmet on, it looks closer to OK than without.

Still for all, no one's fucking with Hitoshi Ariga's classic Megaman look ever.

I actually think Legends design is alright, I haven't played any Legends games though.]

Hitoshi Ariga's Protoman owns too.

GatorBait

God damn! You guys got me excited there for a moment with the character speculation; I though for a moment there that there was some real new info out. Should've known it was just the "Mahvel-GAF Cycle."

At this point, I've given up hope on there being any new editions of MvC3. What I'm most hoping for is that Capcom sticks with the series and we get an MvC4 relatively early into next gen's cycle. If they do the series even more right than they did with MvC3, it could be a monster with all the Marvel movies and cross-promotion.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
God damn! You guys got me excited there for a moment with the character speculation; I though for a moment there that there was some real new info out. Should've known it was just the "Mahvel-GAF Cycle."

At this point, I've given up hope on there being any new editions of MvC3. What I'm most hoping for is that Capcom sticks with the series and we get an MvC4 relatively early into next gen's cycle. If they do the series even more right than they did with MvC3, it could be a monster with all the Marvel movies and cross-promotion.

There are several rumors out there, so that is a good sign that we should expecting a news soon.

Top Bottom