• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There are several rumors out there, so that is a good sign that we should expecting a news soon.
There are? Or are you just picking out of the continuous stream of trolls and manufactured rumours that have never stopped flowing in since MvC3 came out?

Dahbomb

Other than Darkstalkers reps on the Capcom side who do you guys think has the most to offer from their potential additions to the overall options in this game. They got a lot of guys to choose from but a lot would be retreading old ground thats already covered in UMVC3 playstyles by other guys.
The obvious answer is Sieg Warhheit from Chaos Legion. A space controlling character who does his job by summoning legions as special moves. Like for his projectile he would summon Arrow Legion to toss a volley of arrows. He can anti-air or set up traps with the Crow legion. Perform combos or do semi-rushdown with Sword legion. His Bomb legion could be used as an assist. He will also have defensive abilities like a counter shield via Shield legion or physical counter/grabs/command grab via Power legion. His hypers would probably summon his Thanatos legion and his lvl3 would by Ignorant Masses.

So much potential in this character.

There are several rumors out there, so that is a good sign that we should expecting a news soon.
What other rumors? Please link even if they are BS.

There are? Or are you just picking out of the continuous stream of trolls and manufactured rumours that have never stopped flowing in since MvC3 came out?

There's always gonna be some idiots out there that will believe whatever they read, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

The obvious answer is Sieg Warhheit from Chaos Legion. A space controlling character who does his job by summoning legions as special moves. Like for his projectile he would summon Arrow Legion to toss a volley of arrows. He can anti-air or set up traps with the Crow legion. Perform combos or do semi-rushdown with Sword legion. His Bomb legion could be used as an assist. He will also have defensive abilities like a counter shield via Shield legion or physical counter/grabs/command grab via Power legion. His hypers would probably summon his Thanatos legion and his lvl3 would by Ignorant Masses.

That does sound cool, but why not just add Blackheart? ;-)

There's always gonna be some idiots out there that will believe whatever they read, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.
And then there are some who are too cowardly to believe regardless of how good the evidence is.

Dahbomb

That does sound cool, but why not just add Blackheart? ;-)
Well I wouldn't mind that if Sieg never makes it in. But Blackheart is already a menacing opponent and has innate abilities outside just summoning, which Sieg does not aside from his Mark opponent thingie. BHs summoning powers in MVC2 are paltry compared to what Sieg is capable. He's the Dante of summoners. Even his block animation would be the Shield legion making a force field around him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

What other rumors? Please link even if they are BS.

I might paraphrase it wrong. Just that there are always rumors about new fighting games, and it actually happens that way or other way. I recalled that we had rumors about SF4, SSB, MVC3, DS4 and etc for awhile before their formal announcement. I assumed that it might be a hint that would led up to announcement.

For now, There are rumors about Capcom All Stars game/Fighters of Capcom/other name, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3:3/MVC4, SSF4:AE2013 and Darkstalker 4.

I did heard something from my friend about marvel fighting community but I'm not sure if I want to post it here because I don't want to get banned if it's fake and spread the rumors around. That's why I edited my post out last page, but we'll see if my friend is full of BS.

At least something is still coming for Capcom Fighting Community.

I might paraphrase it wrong. Just that there are always rumors about new fighting games, and it actually happens that way or other way. I recalled that we had rumors about SF4, SSB, MVC3, DS4 and etc for awhile before their formal announcement. I assumed that it might be a hint that would led up to announcement.

For now, There are rumors about Capcom All Stars game/Fighters of Capcom/etc, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3:3 or MVC4, SSF4:AE2013 and Darkstalker 4.

I did heard something from my friend about marvel fighting community but I'm not sure if I want to post it here because I don't want to get banned if it's fake and spread the rumors around. That's why I edited my post out last page, but we'll see if my friend is full of BS.

At least something is still coming for Capcom Fighting Community.
You won't get banned unless you say it's true. As long as you label a rumor as a rumor, there's no punishment here as far as I've ever seen.

I'm not calling you a liar, but....I don't know how to finish this sentence.
Let me know if you figure it out.

FuLLBLeeD

Neo Member
This game is done and in its final version. I was one of the people that held on to the rumor of the balance patch way longer than I should have. From what I heard, Marvel won't even Capcom do any more updates to the games because of the current license. There may have been a small balance patch to nerf Vergil, Zero, TACs in the pipeline at one point but its probably been long since cancelled.

That being said IntelliHealth I would love to hear what you friend said, but only if you're OK with posting it.

kirblar

Jeopardy? How did that come about and go? What are the auditions like. I'd like to know all about this. You a big trivia guy?
I just absorb information really easily. You take an online test. They like it, you get an invite to an in-person audition. Then you go into a contestant pool if that goes well and wait for a call.

Does this mean round two of theory moveset madness?

Dahbomb

Intelliheath you are not going to banned for posting it here. It's usually about posting thread on rumors or passing off rumors as news but this legit no different from.Karst posting that Gamefaqs link. Of course it's another thing entirely if your friend would get in trouble for it, then we'll understand.

Does this mean round two of theory moveset madness?
I'm game. Sieg Warheit theory movelist for Marvel 3. No extra pics or icons this time, it has to be all text.

kirblar

I have an idea for DahBomb's penalty avatar. (possible DmC spoilers? It's a riff on a rumor.)

The Jurassic Park Logo, with the words "HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED" under it.

Speaking of dinosaurs, it's funny that the two best critically received games this year both featured a t-rex boss.

I'm game. Sieg Warheit theory movelist for Marvel 3. No extra pics or icons this time, it has to be all text.

Not even buttons? It helps with readability.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
One weird thing about new MVC3 rumor is that it reminded me of a rumor that I heard awhile ago. I didn't bother to brought it up here because I assumed that it was fake. However, it was different game but it had simliar informations. Supposedly we are getting marvel super heroes 2, including all marvel characters from UMVC3 and 20ish new characters. That's why they were pushing Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins. Yeah, all of you should take it with grain of salts. Well, my friend said that he have source but at same time, I'm not sure how reliable his source can be.

FINAL WARNING: It's just a rumor.

That's what I posted in last page but edited it out.

Edited: I forget to mention one thing. He mentioned that we will have some characters in the game that would be in the movies, which is no brainer. It's obvious that Marvel is using the game to pushing characters who would debut in the movie for advertising reason.

Solune

Everyone loves dinosaurs, this is known.

Hence Monster Hunter inclusions should have been a no brainer or hell even Lost Planet.

Dahbomb

I have an idea for DahBomb's penalty avatar. (possible DmC spoilers? It's a riff on a rumor.)

The Jurassic Park Logo, with the words "HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED" under it.
no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif

I would be down for MSH2 featuring around 50 characters.

shaowebb

I would be down for MSH2 featuring around 50 characters.

Wait...Marvel Super Heroes 2 with 50 ALL MARVEL characters? Sign me up. Screw these capcom wannabes. 80% of what I play is Marvel dudes anyhow. Only ones I touched outside of them were Ryu, Arthur, Chun.

NEW RUMOR:

New update to UMVC3 called UMVC3: By Popular Demand to hit XBLA and PSN next summer, including 4 new characters and a brand new balance for $9.99/800MSP.

• 4 New characters are Protoman, Sakura, Spider Man 2099 and the oft-requested Squirrel Girl
Changes include:
  • Morrigan's air special limit during astral vision decreased to 1 per jump
  • Vergil's Summoned Swords decreased to 2 swords
  • Magneto can no longer air dash
  • Hsien Ko's armor hyper is now permanent
  • Captain America can now throw two shields at a time
  • Akuma proves that he is not Ryu's father in a new secret ending staring Maury Povich
  • All of Iron Fists' normals now cause crumple, launcher puts Iron Fist in flight mode

source

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NEW RUMOR:

New update to UMVC3 called UMVC3: By Popular Demand to hit XBLA and PSN next summer, including 4 new characters and a brand new balance for $9.99/800MSP.

• 4 New characters are Protoman, Sakura, Spider Man 2099 and the oft-requested Squirrel Girl
Changes include:
  • Morrigan's air special limit during astral vision decreased to 1 per jump
  • Vergil's Summoned Swords decreased to 2 swords
  • Magneto can no longer air dash
  • Hsien Ko's armor hyper is now permanent
  • Captain America can now throw two shields at a time
  • Akuma proves that he is not Ryu's father in a new secret ending staring Maury Povich
  • All of Iron Fists' normals now cause crumple, launcher puts Iron Fist in flight mode

source
Gonna have to request a canonical reference to this or else I'm gonna call Chris Baker on your ass.

The rest is fine.

Dahbomb

Alright here's my 20 characters for MSH2:

Thanos
Loki
Cable
Cyclops
Scarlet Witch
Psylocke
Ms Marvel
Black Widow
Juggernaut
Blade or Black Panther
Silver Surfer
Daredevil
Elektra
Venom
Dr Octopus
Mephisto
Gambit
Mandarin
Sabretooth
Colossus

Nah, Cap's shield slash gains projectile priority of Vergil's spiral swords with infinite hitpoints and all of his normals and charging star and stars and stripes nullifies projectiles. And he only takes 10% of normal chip damage.

Another MSH would be far more enticing to me than some stupid Capcom BOX SOCIAL fighter.

More heroes and villains plz, less sword guys. Joe, Dog and SFer's can stay though <3.

A marvel only fighter wouldn't be bad, but I love to many of the Capcom characters to want a only marvel game. Hell, I'd actually like a only Capcom marvel style game.

Edit: C'mon guys RE6 isn't even as close to being in the same league as NG3. RE6 is a great game.

Maybe Taskmaster? You could use Akuma's tatsu assist to keep up pressure after a blocked shield skills and could probably use it for combo extension after Task's OTG air arrows. Or you could try Doom like PR rog has been doing.

Wesker. He plays better keepaway than some keep away characters.

Late, but I will consider these. I've tried task master and haven't been well with him. Wesker on the other hand, I've never touched. But I like the way he plays. Plus, deadpools 3rd teleport gets annoying when I want to keep away.

SFxT has dinosaurs.

Power Rangers has dinosaurs.

Jurassic Park has dinosaurs.

Extreme Dinosaurs has dinosaurs.

Therefore, Rathalos!

It'll be interesting to see an Arisen (Dragon's Dogma) as a DLC character. Considering all those classes into one character, he'll have as many moves as Dante. Or even a male and female arisen. Idk.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Which game do you want to see happening?

Marvel Super Heroes 2
Fighter of Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Ultimate 3/Amazing/MVC4

I have hard time to decide which one that I want most.

Marvel Super Heroes 2
Fighter of Capcom

Easy choice. Give me another expansion. If I had it my way, they'd keep expanding this game forever, getting to the hundreds of characters. At character select, you'd have to go through pages to find your character, sorted alphabetically and by company.

Fighters of Capcom would have one huge problem: characters. How many characters could they put in the game as a fresh title? Maaaaybe 50, but then why not play Marvel, which also has 50? I don't see the point of picking up the same game with a smaller character count. And we'd lose out on some real gems in UMvC3 with a Capcom-only roster or a Marvel-only roster. There are true works of art in this game like Dormammu, Magneto, and Dante that I would have trouble playing a game without, and the opposite company doesn't have anything to replace said character's playstyle or versatility.

Also, "Fighters of Capcom" sounds like it has only fighting game characters in it (ewwwww). I doubt it would have awesome characters like Nina and Rathalos in it, anyway.

Azure J

Fighters of Capcom is the one I want most. Marvel Super Heroes 2 is the one that would grab a ton of folks. The Uncanny Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is the one that would be most appreciated from fans of both sides.

Dahbomb

MSH is basically the birth of Marvel as we know it, so I choose that. Mainly because of gems.
But birth of Marvel was with Children of the Atom though.

Marvel Super Heroes 2
Fighter of Capcom
It's too hard to call, I want all of them. I would pick a Marvel expansion so that we have more than 50 characters in a game. No way would those other games start out with as many characters.

Anth0ny

Marvel Super Heroes 2
Fighter of Capcom

MVC>just Marvel>just Capcom

I'm really hoping they drop MVC4 around the time Avenger 2 drops. Maybe November 2014? February 2015? Or should they wait until the film itself drops and put the game out November 2015?

Top Bottom